Page 3295 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2295279531953245328532903293329432953296329733003305334533953795 ... LastLast
Results 65,881 to 65,900 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    It's Vishnu being the boss here as he is considered to be similar to Brahman (not to be confused with the god Brahma) in Vishnu branch of Hinduism. Due to obtaining Vishnu's power from absorbing his friend Krishna, Arjuna was able to fuse with most other Hindu gods and gain their Authorities. This is a speculation by Pepe.
    As a Vaishnavite, can confirm. Tbh, we respect Shiva as God of Destruction, but I know absolutely no Shiva slokas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    The texts:

All I remember is the caste system being really fucked up
    Panini stickers!
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They were absurdly popular here in Brazil. They still are, I guess, but nowadays people only buy the soccer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    it's up to speculations since we (still) don't surely know how they work
    I'd argue there's a clear pattern. In almost all cases, known Grands are embodiments of their classes. Solomon is the wisest man in history, Merlin is the magician, King Hassan was the first Old Man in the Mountain and therefore the archetypal assassin, and Quirinus is a spear god and represents Rome itself, synonymous with the spear (the Romans referred to themselves as Quirites in their capacity as citizens). Super Orion is the odd one out there, because there are arguably more famous archers, but he speaks to another part of the pattern: foreshadowing. King Hassan, Super Orion, and Quirinus were all foreshadowed before their ultimate reveal. Four other such Servants come to mind: Nero (almost certainly a Beast), Rama, Caesar, and Riastrad Cu. There are others I'm forgetting, of course, but I'd wager on the rest of the Grands following a similar principle.

I have my thoughts on the rest, but it's still all very confusing lol. I feel like Tezcatlipoca is being foreshadowed so hard as Grand Berserker, but that goes against the rules established by Quirinus' mats. Then again, rules are meant to be broken. I figure the situation with Daybit's Servant is not clear-cut at all, because when is it ever? Meanwhile, I'm almost certain Artoria is Grand Saber and Caesar is Grand Rider. Bonus points if Caesar and Mother Harlot are both in LB6 because Caesar somehow knocked up Morgan.
    Last edited by VTKajin; July 11th, 2020 at 10:06 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    Super Orion is the odd one out there, because there are arguably more famous archers, but he speaks to another part of the pattern: foreshadowing.
    Perhaps there are archers whose legends are more famous (from the insistence of having a new action movie every 10 years, right, Loxley?), but I feel like no constellation is as famous as Orion.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also, there is that thing of "being so good as a hunter that there is an actual danger of you killing every animal in existence".

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

It's sad the epic about him is lost.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I still feel like there's no way in hell Grand Saber isn't OG Seibah with a fully unlocked Excalibur, what with her literally being the company mascot and Excalibur having been hyped up as an anti-Sefar planetary defense laser and whatnot.

At least one trait we can see from every grand is that there big thing isnt objects, its usually skill or some divine blessing/power type.

But we will need to see more grands.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    I still feel like there's no way in hell Grand Saber isn't OG Seibah with a fully unlocked Excalibur, what with her literally being the company mascot and Excalibur having been hyped up as an anti-Sefar planetary defense laser and whatnot.
    then who's gonna be the Beast. you can't summon Grand servant just because the heroic spirit is OP.

JP Friend Code
    Grand Seiba will be the best swordsmaster of all time, the one who managed to go beyond Zero itself, the one who defeated one who obtained skills close to the 2nd true magic, the one who established a swordstyle to "reach the void".

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I will laugh so hard if, after all the Grands join forces to defeat the alien god and only manage to wound it, the one who defeats it is just regular Saber with a fully-released Excalibur.

Counter Force is such a jerk to revive completely lost heroic spirits just to call them as Grand.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    I think Grand Saber is the concept of "King Arthur", the amalgamation of both Artoria and Arthur with full powered Excalibur/Avalon combo, so they would go genderless just like Quirinus/QSH

With Takeuchi as artist

US Friend Code
    Even if Saber weren't the mascot and Excalibur weren't already said to have a planetary defense super mode, I'd still say she would be Grand Saber because King Arthur is honestly a perfect fit for it. Legendary sword wielder known all over the world and whatnot.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Wew wonder what the Scathach's story will add
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Even if Saber weren't the mascot and Excalibur weren't already said to have a planetary defense super mode, I'd still say she would be Grand Saber because King Arthur is honestly a perfect fit for it. Legendary sword wielder known all over the world and whatnot.
    Yeah but King Arthur is best known for the Round Table and chivalry and owning a super-special sword, not particularly for being a swordmaster. Heck, that's how all the myths about his super spear and super dagger and super *insert magical item* came about. Don't forget he's such a crappy swordsman he actually managed to LOSE his sword!

Nah, for my money Grand Saber (if we ever see one) will be something unexpected, just like Super Orion and Super Romulus. Musashi isn't actually a terrible idea, though I'm sure Nasu is trying very hard not to alienate his international crowd by wanking a Japanese Servant too much.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 13th, 2020 at 12:21 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Kinoko has been wanking Japanese servant since Kojiro.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Datamine spoilers
    Spoiler:
    [Also, another reason I'm saying it's probably Grand Seibah is because IIRC Kawasumi Ayako voices them in one of the original datamines.]
    [I can't seem to track the original post down, though, just a lot of unsourced references to it.]

musashi is my #1 bet, but I expect seiba to get indirectly wanked ("she only doesn't qualify because according to legend she doesn't have the sword anymore, if she did she'd be the strongest super duper grand ever")