Page 3292 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2292279231923242328232873290329132923293329432973302334233923792 ... LastLast
Results 65,821 to 65,840 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I checked the game as well and he says the exact same thing there. That's a big disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I checked the game as well and he says the exact same thing there. That's a big disappointment.
    I don't think that's all of it though. What we are told of him paints a more complex picture.

personally, i have had the idea that the Chaldea globe was the cause for the bleaching and i honestly didn't get why they initially tried to pin it on the alien god (apart from deflecting of course) when we already knew that it getting frozen was a big deal and they had tried hard to protect it and not only that, but we knew that it had a strong relationship with the soul of the planet

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    That reminds me of the theory that pointed that that the Spiritron Accelerators in Tsuki no Sango which were described as perpetual motion machines sort of looked like Fantasy Trees/Rhongo
    is this a description in a manga? i haven't read that story. can you please post the panel?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I honestly hope silly mage pride doesn't actually reach these levels of ridiculousness.
    Still asking for a Nasuverse 'professional' mage not being idiotically prideful?

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    is this a description in a manga? i haven't read that story. can you please post the panel?
    Spoiler:

[

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Still asking for a Nasuverse 'professional' mage not being a idiot
    FTFY

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    So this refers to Waver's department of modern magecraft, right? Fits with the timeline on the Case Files mats
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Yeah, Cagliostro lived between 1743-1795
    And the Case Files mats list 1800 as when Modern Magecraft becomes the 12th deparment of the Clock Tower do to its theory being impossible to ignore anymore
    So the timeline lines up with that quote and means Cagliostro was at least indirectly responsible for the creation of the deparment Waver became the Lord of, by possibly spreading modern magecraft and creating a wave of ocultism similar as Helena's
    I don't think that it fits actually. Look at previous statements on the subject:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clocktower 2015
    Since long ago magecraft - the study of thaumaturgy - has been an expensive pursuit, a threshold that those without wealth could not cross, but this issue was somewhat alleviated at the start of the 20th century. The reason for that was the recognition of Modern Magecraft as the twelfth Department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Case Files 1 ch.1 pt.2
    In short, the system of Elements was used as a system of classification out of convenience, but starting with the rise of modern Magecraft at the end of the 19th century, that's begun to change
    There's a difference in years, but not a big one. And they both fit with the Case mats timeline placing the establishment of MM in the 1800s.

This new quote however just doesn't fit. You can maybe stretch it for the timeline, but not the other quotes. And based on the wording "expanding one of their departments", I can believe it's actually about another Faculty entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    FTFY
    But that's incomplete, the 'prideful' part is also important.

Prideful, stupid, little difference with most magi

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Luvia is prideful but not stupid. Flat is an idiot but not prideful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

So not magi /s

Im joking

Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    There's a difference in years, but not a big one. And they both fit with the Case mats timeline placing the establishment of MM in the 1800s.

This new quote however just doesn't fit. You can maybe stretch it for the timeline, but not the other quotes. And based on the wording "expanding one of their departments", I can believe it's actually about another Faculty entirely.
    I don't see how your quotes contradict the other one or how the one I posted is a strecht, they are talking about consequences derived from the rise of Modern Magecraft and it's stablishing as the 12th deparment on 1800
    Your first quote says that at the beginning of the 20th Century, the study of magecraft stop being so expensive as it was in the past and that the previous recognition of Modern Magecraft as the 12th department contribute to aliviate that cost. Not that MM was stablish as the 12th Dep. at the beggining of the 20th Century.
    Your second quote does says MM had a rise on influence at the end of the 19th Century, but not that it was stablish as the 12th Deparment at that time.
    The Case Files mats timeline says MM theories rise on influence enough to become the 12th deparment on 1800, and the quote I posted is Holmes saying "at the end of the last century", which by the context is the end of the 18th century. So, at the end of the 18th Century, as Holmes says, the influence of Cagliostro provoque the rise of something, possibly a wave of people interest in occultism and/or of his theory on magecraft. Yes, is pure speculation to link that to MM as we don't have a direct quote connecting both thinks but is not a strecht either since the end of the 18th century should be when Modern Magecraft theory rise on popularity so the Clock Tower had to recognize whatever deparment or classroom that was teaching MM into the 12th department, which can be considered an expansion of said department.
    Last edited by Lobo; July 7th, 2020 at 07:31 PM.

I know little of cagliostro, what was his deal?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Peperonchino:Since I was the one who first summoned him, it wouldn’t make sense for someone like his Master to not sense that.
    Which means…this curse was forced onto him once I was robbed my authority of being his Master. By Arjuna.
    Since He’s enveloped Krishna into his divinities, it wouldn’t be strange for Him to pull it off.
    So Arjuna is the one that put the curse on Ashvatthaman after he was summoned? Or he did he always have it?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    God Arjuna gave him the curse, yes.

He had Krishna's curse while alive, he had his thousand years atonement and died. Then after being summoned God Arjuna forced the curse onto him again.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    feels weird that Rama had to suffer from it but hey it's a Mahab exclusive plot, cant have him involved too much.