Page 3319 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2319281932193269330933143317331833193320332133243329336934193819 ... LastLast
Results 66,361 to 66,380 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Not really a problem because it has been established that Britain, as an island and possibly proximity to Avalon, retained Mystery after continental Europe entered an era without Mystery. Or whatever.
    Yeah and apparently that lasted up to the 19th century since fucking Sherlock Holmes & Pals were actually real all along

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The distinction between what was real or fiction has always been completely arbitrary, even more so after the introduction of Phantoms. I get that you like the Paladins but I don't see why it bothers you that much.

What does it matter if everything about them was real or not?

JP Friend Code
    Because they're making it an actual, relevant, central thing for the Paladins. Link's plot revolves around it and all.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are they really though? To me it seems like the concept was introduced just so they could write the conflict they wanted between Charles and Karl, it's just a narrative device to emphasize the differences between young and old Carlos Magno. I don't see them exploring this kind of dichotomy with the other characters.

I guess an argument could be made that it's not a new thing created for Link and it's always been hinted at due to the Hyppogriff's powers, but even then I don't expect this to be a central theme that'll involve all of them.

Regardless, I still don't see what is BAD about this. Aside from the arbitrariness of it, which does bother me a bit, why is it a problem that some of their adventures were fiction? It doesn't really affect how they've been designed and characterized until now (with the exception of Carlos's specific situation, of course).
    Are you just worried this will become a trend? That the other characters will also be defined by this dichotomy instead of by their source material? I was under the impression that you liked Charles and Karl.

JP Friend Code
    No I'm just really annoyed by how arbitrary and unnecessary it is. And well, by how much of the Arthurian works was in fact inspired by the Matter of France, yet this gets inverted here.

US Friend Code
    Astolfo's catalyst in Apo was the bottle that held Roland's sanity on the moon so I don't think it's as simple as 'not real'

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    No I'm just really annoyed by how arbitrary and unnecessary it is. And well, by how much of the Arthurian works was in fact inspired by the Matter of France, yet this gets inverted here.
    Arthur was king 300 years before Karl, so I don't see what they could have done differently.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    I mean the whole thing with Karl can be explained pretty easily. We know so much shit about IRL Charlemagne that we know the events of Orlando Furioso etc. have never or could never have occured in his lifetime. We know for a fact that Roland was just some rando guy who died and not a legendary crazy stripper knight for example. Compared to King Arthur who will still don't know if he really existed or not. Also, doesn't Charlie's bio hint it's all Pruned Timelines stuff anyways?
    Last edited by Anju Addams; August 14th, 2020 at 01:10 PM.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Come to think of it, Emiya and Prisma Illya are in summer, so this event should have interesting interactions. I forget, does Chaldea Prisma Illya know that Shirou is the Red Man?
    hope we get more Archer and Kiara interactions too

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I mean the whole thing with Karl can be explained pretty easily. We know so much shit about IRL Charlemagne that we know the events of Orlando Furioso etc. have never or could never have occured in his lifetime. We know for a fact that Roland was just some rando guy who died and not a legendary crazy stripper knight for example. Compared to King Arthur who will still don't know if he really existed or not. Also, doesn't Charlie's bio hint it's all Pruned Timelines stuff anyways?
    you mean that Charlemagne is from a Lostbelt or similar timeline ? and did you saw my answer to your message before ,ist nice to hear from you again ! like have you some theories for the nxt lostbelt ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    you mean that Charlemagne is from a Lostbelt or similar timeline ? and did you saw my answer to your message before ,ist nice to hear from you again ! like have you some theories for the nxt lostbelt ?
    AFAIK it's hinted in his bio or somewhere in Extella Link but may not necessarily be true. Also, I did see your message Koga but considering that last time I spoke to you was like one week ago and all I have done since then is go back to my old name, can it really be considered a long time for us to have really missed each other? As for the lostbelt, not much for theorising as I tend to be wrong most of the time but I assume it's something to do with Camelot needing to fall or something like that. Casturia somehow prevented this. I do hope we get an alternate Mordred that was raised as an heir to the throne though.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; August 14th, 2020 at 01:38 PM.

JP Friend Code
    We also know Sherlock Holmes, James Moriarty and Henry Jekyll are completely fictional people, but that didn't stop the writers did it?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    We also know Sherlock Holmes, James Moriarty and Henry Jekyll are completely fictional people
    with no historical counterpart whose lore can conflict with.
    Last edited by Comun; August 14th, 2020 at 03:01 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    They also set Richard as the king who stepped in between illusion and reality. I don't see how the issue of "Charlemagne and his paladins being magical knights = unbelievable" holds weight if they lived 300 or so years before Richard's reign if the latter's Nasuverse setting is taken into consideration. In fact, because of that setting, it should be even more believable that the Matter of France should be filled with magical knights (as how IRL myth portrayed them), and that it is a nice touch to add in the dilemma of how the historical Charlemagne fits with the Matter of France (which they presented in Link).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    with no historical counterpart whose lore can conflict with.
    Even then, I believe we still don't know the whole thing with Sherlock/Moriarty being real or fictional anyway and Jekyll might not actually even be Jekyll. Of course, that itself doesn't explain the whole Jekyll was inspired by Moriarty and Helena knew Sherlock thing but we may get things cleared up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyton View Post
    They also set Richard as the king who stepped in between illusion and reality. I don't see how the issue of "Charlemagne and his paladins being magical knights = unbelievable" holds weight if they lived 300 or so years before Richard's reign if the latter's Nasuverse setting is taken into consideration. In fact, because of that setting, it should be even more believable that the Matter of France should be filled with magical knights (as how IRL myth portrayed them), and that it is a nice touch to add in the dilemma of how the historical Charlemagne fits with the Matter of France (which they presented in Link).
    I'd just chalked up the whole mythical Richard thing to Britain falling out of the Age of Gods later thing.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; August 14th, 2020 at 03:46 PM.

夜属 Nightkin
    If the "The age of the Gods takes longer to end in islands" bit was consistant, Madagascar, Iceland and Australia would have had some of the strongest heroes. It kinda feels like an exscuse to make it last longer in Britain and Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by mhplayer View Post
    If the "The age of the Gods takes longer to end in islands" bit was consistant, Madagascar, Iceland and Australia would have had some of the strongest heroes. It kinda feels like an exscuse to make it last longer in Britain and Japan.
    Because that's exactly what it is from a meta perspective.

That said, being an island doesn't guarantee strong heroes. Heroes are, in part, a product of their circumstances. Take Fake Koujirou, who could perform something like the 2nd True Magic through pure skill, but was otherwise just a simple farmer who never accomplished anything, so he could never have become a true Heroic Spirit. It's entirely possible those places produced powerful beings who simply went through life without any amazing adventures to get them on the Throne.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhplayer View Post
    Do we even know what Australia and the other islands you mention were like in the Nasuverse past though? We have not seen a single Servant from any of those places yet I don't think. They could very well have extended their own AOG domain beyond normal. It's also often joked that Australia is still in the AOG because of the hostile wildlife there so who knows?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    AFAIK it's hinted in his bio or somewhere in Extella Link but may not necessarily be true. Also, I did see your message Koga but considering that last time I spoke to you was like one week ago and all I have done since then is go back to my old name, can it really be considered a long time for us to have really missed each other? As for the lostbelt, not much for theorising as I tend to be wrong most of the time but I assume it's something to do with Camelot needing to fall or something like that. Casturia somehow prevented this. I do hope we get an alternate Mordred that was raised as an heir to the throne though.
    About that i were just glad to hear from you as it is to be honest with Virus epidemy and all somewhat not a matter of Course , with all the News in the last days and i reminded that you were in a hospital that was the reason.

And as it reminded me that a while before i read About Karl forcefull christianisation of the Saxons that they before it they worshipped the Slavic deities like Deivos/Rod so would id make also a good Lostbelt idea where Karl was not able to defeat them , respectively i know that Karl was quite ruthless in his ways but i would like to know how Charlemagne it did were he just aswell soserious or just "you are not cool" in that sense ?

Also am i wondering how would be adapted the Roman Kaiser Julian given that he tried to resurrect the influence of the old Gods ad his atempts to revive the old mysteries ?

- - - Updated - - -

Do we even know what Australia and the other islands you mention were like in the Nasuverse past though? We have not seen a single Servant from any of those places yet I don't think. They could very well have extended their own AOG domain beyond normal. It's also often joked that Australia is still in the AOG because of the hostile wildlife there so who knows?
    you are Right in that they are nooficcial servants from their ,and i think with that on Islands the Age of Gods respectively also Mysteries in General they are last longer as an Island is an "world for itself" alone even in the biology so would the magical respective not much different . About Australia well ist the least populated Continent so may be the (magical) nature still be Pretty undisturbed aswell are in Australia still case where some cryptits are spoted ,respectively am i still curious as after the nasuverse logic would Northamerica be stil partially in the Age of FAeries as i would like to know more About it in general ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Iceland is like the strongest retainer of Norse texts and culture into the present day, isn't it? That fits islands holding the AoG longer pretty well.