Page 3335 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2335283532353285332533303333333433353336333733403345338534353835 ... LastLast
Results 66,681 to 66,700 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

It's probably nothing, but if Shuten is to Orochi what Koyanskaya is to Amaterasu she could end up being Beast V's L (or R) pairing. An Event Beast that the main characters would forget ever happened, though.

夜属 Nightkin
    I have seen more theories about V-R being Holmes since Olympus sets up a rivality between him and koyanskaya (if i recall it right, holmes calls her his enemy ) and if the beasts are based on the qliphoth is true they would respectively correspond to the golachad and gha agsheblah qliphoth.
    This is on top of holmes recently being set as suspicious by pretty much anyone in the story (even if it may be a red herring).
    More details if anyone is interested : https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...jZhaUNrczVHOUE.
    Last edited by mhplayer; September 15th, 2020 at 02:27 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Japan is wanking Shuten as one of the 3 biggest youkai though.
    Is that why she keeps stealing screentime from Chiyome & Tomoe Interludes & such?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Shuten is the most famous named Oni so not surprising.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    Is that why she keeps stealing screentime from Chiyome & Tomoe Interludes & such?
    I don't think shuten showed up in tomoe's interlude? I think the only time the two really interacted was setsubun, or was there something else?

Chiyome tho, yeah she might as well be ibaraki 2.0 at this point lol.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kama's interlude, featuring a great amount of very real Fujimaru characterization, just waiting to be forgotten and contradicted by the next writer.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Gudao is an FMP man huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Yeah it seems Guda misses TV programs.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So Kama stopped Gudao from getting burned out by his job like she was. Interesting how he doesn't have a defined concept of an enemy to defeat besides generic terrorists striking against peace.

Thanks for the translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Gudao still has very simple and innocent acts on courting: sharing an earphone, drinking the same drink etc.

Also it is sad to see their humble dream is to be a family man/woman.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I'm just kinda impressed the plot finally remembered Medusa exists.

Also, that had to be the most lifeless Mephistopheles cameo ever.

Did Atalanta Alter's interlude said anything about why she's considered an Alter?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    So Kama stopped Gudao from getting burned out by his job like she was. Interesting how he doesn't have a defined concept of an enemy to defeat besides generic terrorists striking against peace.

Thanks for the translation.
    As one of the Reddit comments notes, they probably want to be the 'good guys' fighting against a generic evil enemy, rather than the grey morality and sacrificing innocent people of the Lostbelts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    As one of the Reddit comments notes, they probably want to be the 'good guys' fighting against a generic evil enemy, rather than the grey morality and sacrificing innocent people of the Lostbelts
    I personally think that one of the big themes of Part 2 is going to be that there are no real villains, I feel like everything was caused by a tragic accident or misunderstanding. The new OP theme says "anger and despair travel from person to person, they create an invisible enemy and incite us to fight," and Castoria says "I think everyone would know that there is no distinction between good and bad people if they understand the true state of affairs."
    Last edited by rocohanda; September 16th, 2020 at 08:50 PM.

Yeah there is no difference between good and evil, Beryl just tripped and accidentally planted Wodime's birthday present in his back.

If it wasn't for Beryl burning down the fantasy tree, it was a total victory for the Alien God.

Kotomine is also just strongly pro life, but like many religious figures this only pertains from conception until birth. Mephistoface, meanwhile, is just the world's worst clown.

Well, I think there is still time to turn things around by revealing more about the characters. Xu Fu ended up being mostly innocent despite the initial impression of her being behind inhuman experiments with kids and villagers.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Fujimaru's dream is to become Steven Seagal.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We'll most definitely learn more about them later, but at the current moment the Alter Egos' motivations are already established clearly enough.

Kotomine is just Kotomine. A guy born evil but raised into an arguably decent person by his moral Catholic upbringing. In /stay Night, he wanted to allow Angra to be born because Angra is unquestionably born evil, so if Kotomine could raise him into a good boy, he would prove to himself that good nurture can overcame an evil nature. Here in FGO, however, the ultimate evil Kotomine was expecting actually managed to be born, so his role in this second half will be being the only parent Olga Marie ever had.

Douman is explained by Koyanskaya (a mind reader, therefore a reliable source) in LB4. She describes Seimei as a man so full of himself that he honestly believes he can keep a leash on his evil bastard friend, and Douman as a treacherous snake friend who escalates his evil just to spite Seimei's attempts to redeem him. Expect some narrative parallels to Kotomine's parenting of Olga.

Koyanskaya claims her only interests are collecting creatures and bullying humans, but she already let out that her real goal is to become a brand new Beast, completely detached from Amaterasu. Knowing she's one of the Tamamo Nine, we can extrapolate that she was created to be immediately discarded by Tamamo Original so her goal may be rooted on a wish to become something more meaningful than the living garbage she was originated as. Her Skills as a Beast are also themed after her roles in each Lostbelt, so it's very safe to assume her plan is to created a new legend for herself through the combined Lostbelts to replace the Amaterase lore she's rejecting.

Muramasa has a flashback in Shimousa where he explains that becoming a blacksmith made him get well fed while everyone around him was starving to death, so he needs to create the ultimate katana or else he will never consider himself deserving of having survived starvation. Classic Shirou survivor guilt. No solid word on why he's siding with the villains, but his goal is one where it really doesn't matter who his allies are.