Page 3296 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2296279631963246328632913294329532963297329833013306334633963796 ... LastLast
Results 65,901 to 65,920 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    You know technically the entire point of the pendragon saga, as in, the literal central premise was that Arthur’s sword wasn’t really that special and it was the sheathe that was the true treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    musashi is my #1 bet, but I expect seiba to get indirectly wanked ("she only doesn't qualify because according to legend she doesn't have the sword anymore, if she did she'd be the strongest super duper grand ever")
    Seibaa will turn out to be a special guardian, one who is unique compare to the Grands, doesn't belong to any of the seven class but on her own, Class Altria. Grands are specifically tasked with Beast-killing, but Seibaa is in charge of fighting alien invaders, just like the Picts back in the days. If Grands are to deal with threat to the planet caused by humanity, Seibaa is the answer to all thing aliens.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We already have a max-level Arthuria designed to protect the people against aliens. Her name is Mysterious Heroine XX.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Datamine spoilers
    Spoiler:
    [Also, another reason I'm saying it's probably Grand Seibah is because IIRC Kawasumi Ayako voices them in one of the original datamines.]
    [I can't seem to track the original post down, though, just a lot of unsourced references to it.]
    Spoiler:
    It'll be Uther, but Uther will also be a woman and Seibahface. She'll also ignore and dislike Mordred because being Mordred is suffering.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    We already have a max-level Arthuria designed to protect the people against aliens. Her name is Mysterious Heroine XX.
    That's servant universe. We don't have one yet in non-joke universe. So far XX only functions in events also. The next step is to make one who works in main story, namely Grand Altria, to make sure jokes remain the true source of lore.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; July 12th, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    then who's gonna be the Beast. you can't summon Grand servant just because the heroic spirit is OP.
    Beast VII? Her showing up in LB6 would be the easy guess, but I think they'd save her for the finale.

DW is clearly saving Avalon for something, and the Lostbelt promo art might mean nothing, or it could mean everything. I'd be hard-pressed to think of a character who makes more sense as Grand Saber for the franchise.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    You know technically the entire point of the pendragon saga, as in, the literal central premise was that Arthur’s sword wasn’t really that special and it was the sheathe that was the true treasure
    Ah, Grand Shielder.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I personally like the meme theory of Grand Saber A(L)tria and Grand Saber A(R)thur.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    I personally like the meme theory of Grand Saber A(L)tria and Grand Saber A(R)thur.
    imagine if this was the reason nasu changed the name

It is a bit interesting that Arthur is the one meant to stop VI/L, even though the circumstances surrounding that are straightforward. He's not a Grand, as far as we know, so VI/L might be a case where there's no Grand summoned to counter it. And if Holmes ends up being a Beast, then we could end up seeing a case where two Beasts battle.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This impressively cursed and you shouldn't have brought it into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    And if Holmes ends up being a Beast, then we could end up seeing a case where two Beasts battle.
    Beast Holmes is being built up as a betrayal (yes, even with Holmes' interlude) so I can see a Beast vs Beast scenario against him, with the Beast on our side being IV.

Beast Holmes is being built up as a betrayal (yes, even with Holmes' interlude) so I can see a Beast vs Beast scenario against him, with the Beast on our side being IV.
    Could be, but I also wonder if Vitch will end up on our side (since she'll probably end up summonable as Assassin) for that reason. It'd be quite a twist for Vitch and Holmes to "switch" sides.

I'm expecting a Beast vs Beast with Vitch vs Fou. They even are compatible as enemies. I'm assuming Fou's nega- skill is anti-human(because Primate Murder) and we know Vitch's is anti-weapon so neither has a fundamental advantage over the other. They've also been setting up the antagonism between the two since Part 2's intro.

After Holmes interlude I think they are making it so transparent that it's probably a red herring or a fake betrayal.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I'm assuming at this point Holmes is just carrying something dangerous within him, going by Surtr's mixed spirit comment from way back. That way, he's directly at fault for whatever happens whenever he releases it, but he's not the one directly harming us. Then at the end, he can give a big fancy breakdown on his entire plan and we forgive him and move on.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Yeah but King Arthut is best known for the Round Table and chivalry and owning a super-special sword, not particularly for being a swordmaster. Heck, that's how all the myths about his super spear and super dagger and super *insert magical item* came about. Don't forget he's such a crappy swordsman he actually managed to LOSE his sword!
    Sure, those things happened, but the first thing people think of when they hear King Arthur is the sword in the stone, it's Excalibur.
    The Round Table, the Lady in the Lake, the other knights... those are all side pieces to the iconic image of the king with a magic sword he pulled out from the stone.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    jokes are deepest lore
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Sure, those things happened, but the first thing people think of when they hear King Arthur is the sword in the stone, it's Excalibur.
    The Round Table, the Lady in the Lake, the other knights... those are all side pieces to the iconic image of the king with a magic sword he pulled out from the stone.

While I agree with your general point, isn't the Sword in the Stone actually Caliburn in Fate?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but that's not really relevant to what I was saying.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Yeah but King Arthut is best known for the Round Table and chivalry and owning a super-special sword, not particularly for being a swordmaster. Heck, that's how all the myths about his super spear and super dagger and super *insert magical item* came about.
    What.

"In this manner was a great part of that day also spent, whereupon Arthur, provoked to see the little advantage he had yet gained, and that victory still continued in suspense, drew out his Caliburn, and, calling upon the name of the blessed Virgin, rushed forward with great fury into the thickest of the enemy's ranks; of whom (such was the merit of his prayers) not one escaped alive that felt the fury of his sword; neither did he give over the fury of his assault until he had, with his Caliburn alone, killed four hundred and seventy men."

This idea of Arthur as a poor warrior is a very modern one. Even aside from all the references to Arthur's prowess, it should be obvious by now that Type-Moon's version of King Arthur is far from a poor warrior.