Page 3440 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2440294033403390343034353438343934403441344234453450349035403940 ... LastLast
Results 68,781 to 68,800 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I have mixed feelings about HF Shirou. On one hand, he does transfer the one he must protect at all costs from everyone to simply Sakura, but on the other, he finally chooses the path of the man, as opposed to one of the machine, and truly starts living for what he cares about. UBW is rather open-ended about him threading the needle between the two and trying to find the best parts of being an ally of justice, and Fate just simply gives him an ideal exemplar to ground his "programming" in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I have mixed feelings about HF Shirou. On one hand, he does transfer the one he must protect at all costs from everyone to simply Sakura, but on the other, he finally chooses the path of the man, as opposed to one of the machine, and truly starts living for what he cares about. UBW is rather open-ended about him threading the needle between the two and trying to find the best parts of being an ally of justice, and Fate just simply gives him an ideal exemplar to ground his "programming" in.
    Personally, Fate route ends with a man deciding to pursue his dream no matter the outcome, UBW has one try to realistic pursue his dream, while HF is just one giving up on his dream and settle for what is best next. None of them is wrong, but trying to say HF is a path of man while the other isn't just feels wrong.

A question. How works Mash powers? How she get them and are they differents to her original Servant form?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    A question. How works Mash powers? How she get them and are they differents to her original Servant form?
    Nothing much is said yet, but it seems Galahad is back in full throttle here.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    It would spoilers but probably a similar situation as a few other cases in this lostbelt to keep it more vague.

Personally, Fate route ends with a man deciding to pursue his dream no matter the outcome, UBW has one try to realistic pursue his dream, while HF is just one giving up on his dream and settle for what is best next. None of them is wrong, but trying to say HF is a path of man while the other isn't just feels wrong.
    I understand if not everyone feels that way, but when I finally read HF, I felt that it was the route where Shirou finally allowed himself to live as a human, even if it meant giving up the ideal he had constructed his entire existence upon for a debatably healthy love (though I don't think it's unhealthy). I still love UBW to pieces, especially with its character dynamics and to some extent, the way Shirou has to grapple with the Ally of Justice ideal directly, but I think he tries to strike a middle way between two near fundamentally incompatible ways of being, and that isn't great. Even if he does it, it'll be towards one side or the other.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way I see that happening is if Galahad also lost his memories, but maybe he is enough of an ass to try and hinder Chaldea this way.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    The only way I see that happening is if Galahad also lost his memories, but maybe he is enough of an ass to try and hinder Chaldea this way.
    Galahad is working weirdly all this time. While he reprimanded MC for killing Goetia which led to season 2, HE is the one lending his powers to Mashu for the whole of season 1. Then all of a sudden, he is back to full throttle in LB6. Only explanation might be he is against that type of fight that is for survival since there is no good nor evil, but back when he can fight for the good.

Alright spoilers cause it's a simpler answer:
    Spoiler:
    Lostbelt Morgan has the power of bestowing others names as a sort of add-on magic, you know in the fae world, the power of one's name is a truly powerful one. And I will leave it at that cause that's all that needs to be said there and the rest can be pieced together there. Think of it in a sense like the card system in Prisma Kaliead sort of now that I think about it. Now that I think about didn't Darius also have some sort of connection to fairies?
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 14th, 2021 at 07:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    He is Red Rabbit. That's it, that's all we know, he says he's from the fang clan.
    Honestly, I think some wires got crossed in the summoning process and this version ending up even screwier than usual.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/co...ter_9_norwich/

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    The party setup in the last battle of Norwich is pretty fun. Mashu and Vinci chan in the first row, and Murasama is at the back to hold the line. C.Artoria... is nowhere to be seen. It actually fits in with the narrative of that battle.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Honestly, I think some wires got crossed in the summoning process and this version ending up even screwier than usual.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/co...ter_9_norwich/
    Oberon sure knows a lot of the Lostbelt's history, and is known by a lot of people, for someone who claims to be a PHH Servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Oberon sure knows a lot of the Lostbelt's history, and is known by a lot of people, for someone who claims to be a PHH Servant.
    Reminder that another thing is the mystic code that is absent from Basaka Morgan, Erosion. So it's possible that PHH Morgan Le Fay could be somewhere and someone entirely right down to the spirit origin. Though it's still just a theory, but one that makes an amount of sense. Given the contradictory nature that is Morgan Le Fay of PHH.
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 14th, 2021 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Yeah, that loredump and his seeming investment in keeping MC/Ritsuka-kun/Guda and Mashu apart make him real suspicious. However, he could simply have been here for a much longer time than us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Lore Theorist View Post
    Reminder that another thing is the mystic code that is absent from Basaka Morgan, Erosion. So it's possible that PHH Morgan Le Fay could be somewhere and someone entirely right down to the spirit origin. Though it's still just a theory, but one that makes an amount of sense. Given the contradictory nature that is Morgan Le Fay of PHH.
    You think she's Oberon down to the Spirit Origin?

Yeah, that loredump and his seeming investment in keeping MC/Ritsuka-kun/Guda and Mashu apart make him real suspicious. However, he could simply have been here for a much longer time than us.

- - - Updated - - -

You think she's Oberon down to the Spirit Origin?
    It's a possibility, just that Morgan Le Fay given who she is, would have a viable reason to want to have Castoria overthrow her LB counterpart, given her contradictory actions, as seen where she has a hand in the destruction of Camelot, YET sets up for a future second coming of Artoria in El Melloi, it's like it's odd, but like at the same time it's really a fascinating mystery. A whydunit if you will.
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 14th, 2021 at 03:02 AM.

JP Friend Code
    There's one thing what keeps grinding my gears beyond anything. The story recognize the passage of time, right? Then how the hell did Guda & Mashu stuck in late teens when they should be past 20!? Especially irritating with the "Hey, let's have a drink,oh wait, you're underage" crap. How are you supposed to showcase "growth" if you keep your characters as perpetual children.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    There's one thing what keeps grinding my gears beyond anything. The story recognize the passage of time, right? Then how the hell did Guda & Mashu stuck in late teens when they should be past 20!? Especially irritating with the "Hey, let's have a drink,oh wait, you're underage" crap. How are you supposed to showcase "growth" if you keep your characters as perpetual children.
    Basically that it's time, but not time, think of it kind of time passes, but essentially the land is kind of frozen in time, like an ephemeral dream. You have to realize that human laws and the like are essentially moot in this land. Time Passes, but people don't age essentially?
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 14th, 2021 at 05:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wish the leak about Oberon is true, if only for Sion to be relevant again

JP Friend Code
    As wonk as it is, time still exist. That's why singularities had to be resolved by the end of 2017,that's why we "only" have 24 hours before Britain collapse everything. So when Mashu's been described as 16 years old, I feel annoyed.

As wonk as it is, time still exist. That's why singularities had to be resolved by the end of 2017,that's why we "only" have 24 hours before Britain collapse everything. So when Mashu's been described as 16 years old, I feel annoyed.
    I know time still passes, but like how it relates to people, could be frozen per say.

She could be 19 now for what is worth, still under drinking age. To be honest, I don't really care. It's comic book time, it would probably take 10-12 years of narrative for them to be over 20.
    Last edited by Herod; June 14th, 2021 at 06:03 AM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.