Page 3158 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2158265830583108314831533156315731583159316031633168320832583658 ... LastLast
Results 63,141 to 63,160 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

did the Indian lostbelt give us any specific info on the characteristics of the Indian Texture?

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    did the Indian lostbelt give us any specific info on the characteristics of the Indian Texture?
    be more specific
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OK, I'mma just leave this here.

The Fuyuki Singularity is gonna end up being the root of everything that happens in FGO, and it'll have been caused by Marisbury winning the Grail War. So in the end we will have to defeat him and undo his victory, which of course means Chaldea will never have existed. Everything that happened in the game will be undone, but everyone will be like 'it's the only way to restore the world hoo bloo bloo'.

Solomon will be the final boss of the game.

If I'm right, I'll give myself a cookie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I was actually thinking about that earlier today, but from a completely different angle. FGO NA is translating 汎人類史 as Proper Human History, instead of the more apt and much more deeply rooted in the fandom Pan-human History. The first reason that comes to mind on why they would that, is that later revelations will turn Pan-human History into a misleading name. But I quickly dismissed these thoughts because there's no way Pan would suddenly become this relevant this late into the Lostbelts story. But with this information in mind, my discarded idea becomes more plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon's wiki page
    By the late Middle Ages, the reality of a primordial "Demogorgon" was so well fixed in the European imagination that "Demogorgon's son Pan" became a bizarre variant reading for "Hermes' son Pan" in one manuscript tradition of Boccaccio's Genealogia Deorum gentilium ("Genealogies of the Gods":1.3–4 and 2.1)
    I'll be honest, I'm surprise that Bradamante mentioning Demogorgon on her interlude didn't spanned some theories. Specially considering Demogorgon's conection with Demiurge. Actually, aren't even some Alien God = Demiurge theories out there? He sounds like a very good possible candidate for the Alien God's identity among the many theories there are about it

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    be more specific
    besides the cycles of destruction and rebirth, doesnt Hinduism also refference the concept of higher realms of existence, as i believe was mentioned in Helena's profile?

were there any refferences to that topic or that aspect of the texture?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm surprise that Bradamante mentioning Demogorgon on her interlude didn't spanned some theories. Specially considering Demogorgon's conection with Demiurge. Actually, aren't even some Alien God = Demiurge theories out there? He sounds like a very good possible candidate for the Alien God's identity among the many theories there are about it
    So, Demon God will turn out to be a purple-haired loli, I see...

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    OK, I'mma just leave this here.

The Fuyuki Singularity is gonna end up being the root of everything that happens in FGO, and it'll have been caused by Marisbury winning the Grail War. So in the end we will have to defeat him and undo his victory, which of course means Chaldea will never have existed. Everything that happened in the game will be undone, but everyone will be like 'it's the only way to restore the world hoo bloo bloo'.

Solomon will be the final boss of the game.

If I'm right, I'll give myself a cookie.
    Not exactly this but there are in fact a lot of theories that involve Fuyuki or try to place it at the center of it all somehow. It mostly comes down to the fact that Fuyuki is like conceptually all burning even long after the human order should've constructed itself. The only thing I don't really know how to fit in cleanly is how that would work now that the world is bleached, cuz like, no matter what was in fuyuki it should be gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Don't know of any specifically like that, but the demiurge is sometimes linked to the devil, so there's that connection to make with the alien god already.
    I don't really know what to make of the connection with Pan here tho lmao
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    Hermes is mysteriously absent from LB5 if that counts

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah okay. What event was this? CEO tower?
    Sorry, I meant interlude.

As per my translation,
    my magnanimous mind=吾輩
    king (of evil)=余
    the decrepit=拙

Sorry, I meant interlude.

As per my translation,
    my magnanimous mind=吾輩
    king (of evil)=余
    the decrepit=拙
    Ah okay, then that fits even better with the fact that it's only watashi for the internal thought sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp24 View Post
    Hermes is mysteriously absent from LB5 if that counts
    This is interesting, since Hermes is a really well known god after all.

Actually, come to think of it, the connection to Hermes' Pan from the demogorgon is actually easy to incorporate with the previous (great god pan & shub-niggurath) stuff. If Shub-Niggurath = Pan, and Holmes either is Pan or is at least directly linked to him in some sense (since for the most part these crack theories are trying to figure out the identity of whatever is inside/possessing/actually Holmes), then that means that Holmes=Pan has a direct connection with Demogorgon=Demiurge=Satan=Alien God, through this weird-ass misreading parentage thing. Of course, this sort of changes the whole crack from "holmes is directly linked to the alien god" to "holmes is directly linked to a lovecraft god and is only tangentially related to the alien god". Nonetheless, it's an interesting addition, and what I find most fun about this is that all this stuff keeps very easily looping back into each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in all this, can't forget that there are in fact actually books where Holmes encounters Lovecraft mythos
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Being the uncultured swine I am, I saw this all leading back to "Pan" and got exicted for Servant Peter Pan with his Reality Marble Noble Phantasm "Never-Never Land".

Now I am sad.

If it makes you feel any less uncultured, I'm looking at least half of this stuff up as I go. This stuff isn't exactly my primary field of expertise (except demigorgon maybe), so I'm really just winging it with pretty basic stuff for now.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was actually thinking about that earlier today, but from a completely different angle. FGO NA is translating 汎人類史 as Proper Human History, instead of the more apt and much more deeply rooted in the fandom Pan-human History. The first reason that comes to mind on why they would that, is that later revelations will turn Pan-human History into a misleading name. But I quickly dismissed these thoughts because there's no way Pan would suddenly become this relevant this late into the Lostbelts story. But with this information in mind, my discarded idea becomes more plausible.
    To be honest "pan-human history" always just sounded a bit nonsensical

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hermes is also a son of Zeus, who's to say he even existed in LB5's timeline to begin with?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I definitely agree, but a translation should make just as much sense as its original, which "Pan-human history" does.

Actually, come to think of it, the connection to Hermes' Pan from the demogorgon is actually easy to incorporate with the previous (great god pan & shub-niggurath) stuff. If Shub-Niggurath = Pan, and Holmes either is Pan or is at least directly linked to him in some sense (since for the most part these crack theories are trying to figure out the identity of whatever is inside/possessing/actually Holmes), then that means that Holmes=Pan has a direct connection with Demogorgon=Demiurge=Satan=Alien God, through this weird-ass misreading parentage thing. Of course, this sort of changes the whole crack from "holmes is directly linked to the alien god" to "holmes is directly linked to a lovecraft god and is only tangentially related to the alien god". Nonetheless, it's an interesting addition, and what I find most fun about this is that all this stuff keeps very easily looping back into each other.
    And apparently Ariosto wrote that Demogorgon's palace is located on the Himalayas
    And Demiurge is linked to Sanat Kumara as well, so in the end we come back full cycle

Whatever the case, regarding the Alien God's identity, my personal theory for now is gonna be Sanat Kumara/Demiurge until we finally get the reveal or more concrete info

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I definitely agree, but a translation should make just as much sense as its original, which "Pan-human history" does.
    Could you elaborate please? What's so nonsensical about the Japanese term?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No reason other than "no one has a clue why they picked this word specifically". Honestly, Pan-human History is a translation that captures all this nuance without me needing to explain anything.

汎 is the prefix used in words like panpsychism, pantheism, pan-European, panlogism, etc. That is, the prefix indicating something as generically applicable to all purpose. Seeing the definition of Pan-human History as "the correct history", the most logical route would be calling it Proper Human History like NA did. And yet Nasu picked a name with a meaning to closer to "human history in a broader sense". It's a curveball choice to avoid picking the low-hanging fruit, so there's clearly an intention behind it, but no one is taking any good guesses to what this intention is.

But of course, this could be not a lore-related name choice at all, just a name picked to suit Cosmos in the Lostbelt's core theme of "don't think you're the only right one".