Page 3463 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2463296333633413345334583461346234633464346534683473351335633963 ... LastLast
Results 69,241 to 69,260 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    But are LB6 humans "The Primate", top dog if you will, for Primate Murder to target?
    I mean if you think about it, the humans here technically take priority over over the fairies in how they are treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    Might be interesting to note that in a later story, Cath Palug (or something analogous) is Morgan's familiar. This could also explain why Fou avoided going to the Lostbelt.
    Ehh... I still believe it's more of it's other self is in this lost belt.
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 22nd, 2021 at 03:48 PM.

Headcanonz is always nice before it gets dashed i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    But are LB6 humans "The Primate", top dog if you will, for Primate Murder to target?
    I guess You will get an answer to the idea “is Primate Murder the murderer of humans/primates and has the authority to be their super killer because he’s the best at killing them. Or is he the best at killing them because he has an authority (power) for that?”

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I doubt the beatdown with Vitch will come this chapter, she said she's here to collect her sixth tail and I doubt Nasu will have the final confrontation with her before she collected all nine. There could be a plot twist where something that could become even more of her tails appears later on this chapter and she collects it too before heading out
    That is true, forgot that bit HOWEVER!, this is a perfect opportunity to obtain a Beast Crown for Vitch so that will be a high likelihood after we deal with Primate Murder, that Vitch will nab it before it completely vanishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    As much as I'd like to see the legendary Tamamo Civil War, we'll probably just get a semi-gag event with Koyanskaya kidnapping Fou
    That's not possible, cause basically Fou is no longer a candidate for becoming a Beast after he transferred his Force of Providence and all his stored magic energy to Mashu(Which will make for a fitting confrontation for Primate Murder given that Mashu has it's counterpart's Force of Providence.) Basically the fact Fou was not matured, coupled with the fact that it gave up all his stored energy, basically removed his potential to even become Primate Murder, even less even for becoming Beast IV, though now we know the backstory with Vitch, we now know why Fou is so aggressive towards her, cause even though he is no longer Beast potential(He won't get to that stage again for a good couple millenias from now), he still is able to sense/smell entities like himself/beast like a bloodhound
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Headcanonz is always nice before it gets dashed i suppose
    Except it ain't a headcanon, it's heavily implied that there is a beast in this lostbelt, and cath palug is confirmed to be here with Castoria or was with her. And that Fou actively avoided this Lostbelt above all others. So it's no headcanon it's VERY fricking likely that we are going to be facing LB version of Primate Murder. Sorry if I come a little sharp here, but I don't appreciate the idea that what I'm talking about isn't supported by the clues, hints, and information we DO have to piece together these valid conjectures. ESPECIALLY when it comes to the HEAVILY implied ones like there being a Beast in this lostbelt, and Cath Palug definitely somewhere in this lb only further cements the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I guess You will get an answer to the idea “is Primate Murder the murderer of humans/primates and has the authority to be their super killer because he’s the best at killing them. Or is he the best at killing them because he has an authority (power) for that?”
    I think of it more like Hashmal in Iron Blooded Orphans in that, it's a HUMAN KILLING MACHINE, it's like it will head for nearest closely populated settlements for humans. Like it's not like any thing we have faced before, it's like a machine with one function in it's existence, "slaughter humanity". Oh dear what if Morgan's system she has in place is deliberately set up to stave off Primate Murder from turning into Beast IV? It was never explained why she was doing things that way.
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 22nd, 2021 at 07:57 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I think you have your eyes set way too much on this one singular instance, the "Threat to Humanity" in this lostbelt will be in the path to the reverse side, AKA spirit tomb albion, AKA the naval of the world (this is according to MHXX's valentines day which confirmed the next three threats to humanity we will face). There's no real reason for IV to be down there unless he fell in the giant hole lol. There's no other confirmation of a beast other than that.

There's also the fact that Merlin DID have IV, so the chance of him actually being spooky scary form is much lessened, especially since already no humans exist already.

Nonetheless you should never be too set on something, theories are theories and usually Nasu does end up subverting expectations. The very obvious things are red herrings and the not so obvious things are the truth, see Artoria Caster's valentines literally dropping the entire Fairy Knight deal in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    I think you have your eyes set way too much on this one singular instance, the "Threat to Humanity" in this lostbelt will be in the path to the reverse side, AKA spirit tomb albion, AKA the naval of the world (this is according to MHXX's valentines day which confirmed the next three threats to humanity we will face). There's no real reason for IV to be down there unless he fell in the giant hole lol. There's no other confirmation of a beast other than that.

There's also the fact that Merlin DID have IV, so the chance of him actually being spooky scary form is much lessened, especially since already no humans exist already.

Nonetheless you should never be too set on something, theories are theories and usually Nasu does end up subverting expectations. The very obvious things are red herrings and the not so obvious things are the truth, see Artoria Caster's valentines literally dropping the entire Fairy Knight deal in front of us.
    No, Merlin didn't he left Cath Palug with Castoria, it's mentioned, and technically humans are here, they may be slightly different, but they are referred to as humans. That's like the whole bit part in this that Humans are still the dominant species, just are reproduced in a nonstandard fashion. It's more so, that humans in the normal sense don't exist here.

You make it sound like we won't face the entire Fairy Knight Deal ontop with dealing with the Beast IV near the end, and I mean with the amount of text in this lb alone, I wouldn't doubt it. Unless of course, it's going to be split into 3-4 parts, with part 1 and 2 dealing with THIS side of the lb. And it's said that Beasts are chained, in that humanity face them in an exact order, which would mean the Primate Murder would be faced in this setting, just that PHH Primate Murder was vanquished before it appeared, doesn't mean we won't likely face it in this Lostbelt with it's own Cath Palug.

Again the reaction of Fou is very telling here, cause he has NEVER reacted the way that he did unless there is a clear reason for it(He has shown little concern/wariness/fear towards Vitch or other beasts like Solomon or Tiamat). Which tend to come out as being true 9 times out of 10 with his instincts. Which can only mean that this lostbelt holds his counterpart fully matured. Which would sense Fou in a heartbeat if he came with us because they are so intrinsically linked, sort of like how Kiara could sense Kama only even MORE potent because they are the same entity and not two halves. They are two sides of the same coin. Fou's parts tend to be not red herrings. You are tossing away a very critical clue given to us before the LB even started and right at the beginning. Also Merlin is also in this lb sealed away by Morgan, which Fou would NEVER pass up a reason to come along unless there was a VERY good reason for it, he showed little concern of other Beasts being there why would he now make himself scarce for this lb? Don't you find that especially concerning?
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 22nd, 2021 at 08:56 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    You're ignoring what I'm saying though lol, for him to have given IV to Caster, he would have to already have IV, does that make sense to you? It was already in a state in which he could give it to her. Yeah there's humans, but they barely exist at all and they're not in a state where you could reasonably argue IV would change, they're not effected the world or doing anything. They're not dominant, they're just slaves and cattle.

Again, I'm done after this post but you're too focused on what you want/expect. Fou running away is telling of nothing, he makes no expressions or sounds, he just scampers off for no reason. There's no fear, anger or excitement, he just runs off. I'm tossing away nothing, you're just focused too much on what you want. There's nothing that implies he has "another half" (read; himself) that he'd be able to detect because it is himself or anything of the sort. Sure there's maybe a chance you're right. If so, bravo, however when posing something to somebody make sure you keep the headcannon separated, else your entire point gets muddled. Instead of saying he 100% ran away because he was scared of something, this has never happened before etc. etc., pose it as "He went somewhere else, it could of been out of fear due to X" etc. etc. This at least shows your point without it getting muddled. Anyways I'm done lol

You're ignoring what I'm saying though lol, for him to have given IV to Caster, he would have to already have IV, does that make sense to you? It was already in a state in which he could give it to her. Yeah there's humans, but they barely exist at all and they're not in a state where you could reasonably argue IV would change, they're not effected the world or doing anything. They're not dominant, they're just slaves and cattle.

Again, I'm done after this post but you're too focused on what you want/expect. Fou running away is telling of nothing, he makes no expressions or sounds, he just scampers off for no reason. There's no fear, anger or excitement, he just runs off. I'm tossing away nothing, you're just focused too much on what you want. There's nothing that implies he has "another half" (read; himself) that he'd be able to detect because it is himself or anything of the sort. Sure there's maybe a chance you're right. If so, bravo, however when posing something to somebody make sure you keep the headcannon separated, else your entire point gets muddled. Instead of saying he 100% ran away because he was scared of something, this has never happened before etc. etc., pose it as "He went somewhere else, it could of been out of fear due to X" etc. etc. This at least shows your point without it getting muddled. Anyways I'm done lol
    I mean they are still humans, and not really? Cause they seem to have more freedom than the fairies, and are NOWHERE near the likes of LB2's Humans last I checked which were cattle

I mean okay, and no, you don't have to already be IV, cause that's not how Beasts work at all, you can still be a considered a candidate to become a beast and not reach it or you can be one and eventually BECOME it, Primate Murder is essentially at the stage before it FULLY becomes the Beast IV, examples being Angra Mainyu and Kiara Sessyoin(Which eventually DID become a beast in another timeline which would mean that instead of us vanquishing beast iv at the end of solomon, it simply moved to the next encounter able beast IV). The point is Fou's reactions have been clear indications of SOMETHING being at play, like with Vitch's reaction and vice versa, because she was a beast that had not reached maturity, Fou's senses have been shown repeatedly to be extremely sharp and sensitive so it would stand to reason that there was a clear reason for it, and again. This isn't a head-canon this is a very credible theory that came from ALL the clues, hints we have received till now about this lostbelt, cath palug, wodime's reaction, fou's reaction, etc. You are downplaying this a lot, but the point is that what if the prophecy, while the Morgan Le Fay bit I will admit is possible, it's NOWHERE near as strong as this build-up they are doing with this lostbelt. Don't confuse it with wants/headcanons, with theories based in the lore as it stands, cause my want is for them to do it justice with how long it has been mentioned but never seen. And this being the single most BEST situation for it to appear with all the pieces in place for it to become a reality. That isn't headcanon, that is a theory/conjecture based on all the facts, clues, and hints we have right now.

I will admit I'm passionate with my theories, but then that's obvious with my name being Lore Theorist. But anyways alright you are done, I could have probably worded my explanations of what/why/when/where/how I have reached my conclusion, but nothing much to do but roll with how you go. I apologize, if I came across a little strong, I just don't appreciate when people just casually try to discredit something I've worked very hard on to piece together this conclusion/conjecture, so I apologize for not wording my explanations clear enough and came across a little sharp-tongued, I'm super passionate for things you really like mixed with my own limitations and all that, c'est la vie

Anyways can't be helped, got a japan to conquer and Nobus to vanquish.
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 22nd, 2021 at 09:45 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Why are people assuming that Primate Murderer is only a threat to humans. Wouldn't a monster like this not have a preference between humans and fairies?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    Why are people assuming that Primate Murderer is only a threat to humans. Wouldn't a monster like this not have a preference between humans and fairies?
    That's also a valid point, that it might extend to civilization based rather than on a singular species, like I could see it go after Fairies and Humans alike with a SLIGHT leaning/preference towards humans.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought Primate Murder is primed to murder whatever is the dominant species, and that he and Surtr are two of a kind, so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    You're ignoring what I'm saying though lol, for him to have given IV to Caster, he would have to already have IV, does that make sense to you?
    He could have given it to her before Cath Palugh became Beast IV.

Castoria specifically having a line about Merlin giving Cath Palugh to her would feel pretty weird to me if it was never going to be relevant in LB6, considering her lines are centered about spoiling the chapter.
    Of course it could very well just be for the joke and her wanting to bully Merlin, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    He could have given it to her before Cath Palugh became Beast IV.

Castoria specifically having a line about Merlin giving Cath Palugh to her would feel pretty weird to me if it was never going to be relevant in LB6, considering her lines are centered about spoiling the chapter.
    Of course it could very well just be for the joke and her wanting to bully Merlin, but still.
    Indeed which is what I'm referring to, and also given Fou's reaction to THIS lb despite Merlin also being in this lb just sealed away, is likely a case that there is something else hidden that spooks even fou, which imho can only be one thing and one thing only, a second Cath Palug that has already or is on it's way to maturing into Primate Murder which may or may not be the ultimate stage before becoming fully the Evil of Man, which I'm guessing is more to the process in that it's a stage just before becoming Beast IV which in my thinking goes Cath Palug>Primate Murder>Beast IV in three separate stages.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    On another note, this mind-numbing conversation reminded me that MHXX's Valentines mentioned one more threat to humanity that will show up, The Great Three ploy-kickshaws. Funny since Beryl is related to the botany department and witchcraft but I'm sure that's already been mentioned. Rather than stating anything new this is just a reminder/something to consider. inb4 lb6 is just flat snark memes all along

Speaking of Spiritual Tomb Albion, if I'm not wrong the Great Magic Circuits Odovena (or whatever オドベナ supposed to be) got mentioned in Ch.7 when Sheffield was being attacked. And on an unrelated note, I'm pretty certain Chaldea and co. will visit Avalon by using that "hollow pathway", just like what Meunierre suggested at the beginning of LB6.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    There's a lot of new stuff. It's pretty readable if you put it in google translate not sure about the accuracy though.

The dragon was 2 km large, but its fragmented throughout the spirit tomb.
    Mining city: Nothing new
    Great magic circuit: Possible fusing of the dragon's circuits and the land itself (this would explain why you can excavate more than just dragon mats here). The circuits here are fairy circuits made to lead one to fairyland.
    Ancient heart: Where the dragon's heart was dug out and turned into a sacrificial hearth. The boundary fields are so strong here that no matter how fierce the battle it wouldn't do a thing to the walls. Due to the natural boundary field of this area, the dragon's body couldn't progress pass this point.
    Carillon: Even so, the head of dragon kept moving down even without a body and is still "alive." It's skull and eyes still have magical energy. This would explain some spoiler stuff about Heartless's eyes. This is where the Carillon observatory is.
    Fairyland: nothing new

So the new thing is that Albion is not just a dumb dragon who thought it would get to fairyland by digging. Not only is the dragon's corpse is kind of fused with the path now, but the dragon decided to take this path in London because in its era it was indeed a physical path to fairyland, it just never made it and is still trying to get there.
    On another note, this mind-numbing conversation reminded me that MHXX's Valentines mentioned one more threat to humanity that will show up, The Great Three ploy-kickshaws. Funny since Beryl is related to the botany department and witchcraft but I'm sure that's already been mentioned. Rather than stating anything new this is just a reminder/something to consider. inb4 lb6 is just flat snark memes all along
    Ploy Kickshaw was also namedropped by Da Vinci at the end of LB2, when we got to see the Wandering Sea & met Sion for the first time. I think she said something about fairy in the same line as well but can't remember the exact quote.

Anyway from what I remember MHXX mentioned three different threats in her Valentines. Besides Albion Tomb and the Great Three ploys which were obvious, I wonder what the last one is.
    Last edited by alienncoww; June 23rd, 2021 at 01:30 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    Speaking of Spiritual Tomb Albion, if I'm not wrong the Great Magic Circuits Odovena (or whatever オドベナ supposed to be) got mentioned in Ch.7 when Sheffield was being attacked. And on an unrelated note, I'm pretty certain Chaldea and co. will visit Avalon by using that "hollow pathway", just like what Meunierre suggested at the beginning of LB6.

Ploy Kickshaw was also namedropped by Da Vinci at the end of LB2, when we got to see the Wandering Sea & met Sion for the first time. I think she said something about fairy in the same line as well but can't remember the exact quote.

Anyway from what I remember MHXX mentioned three different threats in her Valentines. Besides Albion Tomb and the Great Three ploys which were obvious, I wonder what the last one is.
    Yeah ploy-kickshaws were dropped at the end of LB2 in relation to the wandering sea. Also, MHXX's Valentines mentions four threats actually.
    • A sea connected to another world
    • A shaft still connected to the inner sea of the planet
    • An altar that shows a vision of a swelling sun
    • The Great Three high grade relics, the Moon, the Mist and the Bridge

First one is the threat in imaginary scramble. Second is obviously LB6. Third... Either Douman since he has the black sun thing, but also "altar" makes me think LB7. Last one is the Great Three ploy-kickshaws.

Anyhow, Odovena is mentioned yeah. It's mentioned by Spriggan, he said he had to pick up Mash who had traversed it. It's also mentioned in Sheffield and called a labyrinth known as the "Vein Corridor" (静脈回廊) with Odovena as ruby text.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Odovena as in
    Od vena
    Od vein
    Magic circuit?

US Friend Code
    I think the big hole by Camelot is likely Spirit Tomb Albion only in this world the dragon made it all the way to the Reverse Side, but if so it's an odd decision to have it be in the middle of the island instead of at London like in PHH.

Od Vena or Odovena or whatever was also called the Vein Corridor in CF:

As for the Ploy Kickshaw foreshadowing I wonder if that will be in a Mahoyo collab, or something to do with Alice's ancestor instead (maybe Yumina the Magician?)
    Last edited by Reign; June 23rd, 2021 at 02:44 AM.

I mean it's only mind-numbing to you, cause it's only natural that the Beasts have been stated PLAINLY and repeatedly that they are chain summoned in order from first to last officially and not expecting it to go by what has been officially stated to be the case of it(which would have not been the case IF the lostbelts hadn't happened), and none of the these make reference to the beasts, more so that they are threats to humanity, which are not always beasts. So if we are going to face Vitch as a proper Beast, we HAVE to face Primate Murder that has reached Beasthood in order from IV>V in order for Vitch to obtain the Crown of the Beast that case, which can ONLY be obtained taken from a beast that has reached maturity, it's the only thing that makes any narrative sense. Cause yeah an immature beast that is Vitch is really going to be able to handle a full on Beast IV by herself(Although I COULD see her lending her aid to face it if our interests align, only darker and less honest like with Muramasa).

So Solomon>Tiamat>Kiara/Kama>Primate Murder>Vitch likely>Beast666/Manaka possibly or that Manaka is one half and the other taken a different route>and finally Beast VII(Which was mentioned to not have been fully made manifested in Olympus, so can be considered still not fully matured.)
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 23rd, 2021 at 03:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I think the big hole by Camelot is likely Spirit Tomb Albion only in this world the dragon made it all the way to the Reverse Side, but if so it's an odd decision to have it be in the middle of the island instead of at London like in PHH.
    Maybe that dragon was digging in the wrong spot in that timeline?