Page 3493 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 249329933393344334833488349134923493349434953498350335433593 ... LastLast
Results 69,841 to 69,860 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Max already explained how that's a faulty line of reasoning. In this LB, fairies don't have lineage per se, but they exist as "types" of fairies, basically. So a fairy will be born with the "lumberjack" role/purpose and be driven by this/live by it. They won't give birth to a new fairy or anything of the sort, but eventually (when they die, usually) a new fairy of the exact same type/with the same purpose of "lumberjack" will be born, and in that sense they form a sort of lineage.

Morgan in the LB specifically is a special kind of fairy from "paradise" (implied to be the reverse side/inner sea, I guess) with the specific purpose of "righting what is wrong" (artoria later basically says this comes down to "get rid of this britain"). However, because she abandoned this purpose more or less, "paradise" has to give birth to another fairy to take over that same purpose, just as if Morgan had died, effectively. That's what Artoria is. If anything, it's more accurate to say she's Morgan's "successor" than being Morgan herself, but even that's not entirely correct. They form a lineage of sorts, a "set" of fairies who share the same purpose, just as the fairies of a clan likely all share similar purposes and come together under it.
    Thanks for clarification. From your explanation then I don't know why people keep calling casturia Morgan when they are two diff beings with the same job. In this messed up world it still works to assume arturias "existence" still was created as casturia despite the way of being created and all that shit is different from it's normally done, cause fairies

Well I can understand some of the confusion if people don't read fully and only get snippets. After all, the "Morgan" that came from paradise looks just like castoria, rather than looking like PHH Morgan (but later took that same appearance I guess). So then people probably conflate it with PHH lore and all, but you shouldn't do that at all with anything from this chapter tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh, so if it is true that "Vivian" was straight up Morgan all along, could we now have the identities of her three personalities, being Morgan/Morgause/Vivian... maybe?

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

@fumei

Now that you've explained it to me it actually doesn't seem that much more weird than Mordred already being a weird son daughter clone thingy of arturia supposedly being the exact same DNA wise outside of accelerated aging

Blog Entries
    MC's part in the Garden of Dejection makes me wonder if he will go John Rambo when everything returns back to normal.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    How's Gareth throughout the chapter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    How's Gareth throughout the chapter?
    She sure didn't deserve that end, that is.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Max already explained how that's a faulty line of reasoning. In this LB, fairies don't have lineage per se, but they exist as "types" of fairies, basically. So a fairy will be born with the "lumberjack" role/purpose and be driven by this/live by it. They won't give birth to a new fairy or anything of the sort, but eventually (when they die, usually) a new fairy of the exact same type/with the same purpose of "lumberjack" will be born, and in that sense they form a sort of lineage.

Morgan in the LB specifically is a special kind of fairy from "paradise" (implied to be the reverse side/inner sea, I guess) with the specific purpose of "righting what is wrong" (artoria later basically says this comes down to "get rid of this britain"). However, because she abandoned this purpose more or less, "paradise" has to give birth to another fairy to take over that same purpose, just as if Morgan had died, effectively. That's what Artoria is. If anything, it's more accurate to say she's Morgan's "successor" than being Morgan herself, but even that's not entirely correct. They form a lineage of sorts, a "set" of fairies who share the same purpose, just as the fairies of a clan likely all share similar purposes and come together under it.
    I understand this but I do wonder where Arturia got her name from. Was that really Merlin naming her that on purpose because she would end up fighting Morgan.

What do we know about the character named Capless (キャップレス)? A summary on reddit says he was a person from the Satsuma domain who came to London during the Edo period, how does that work, if true? Could it be somehow related to the crazy theory that Merlin = Abe no Seimei?

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    He goes by Spriggan, he leads the Earth Clan. He fell into this world from PHH somehow, it's more of a isekai protagonist joke than anything

Quote Originally Posted by TamamoRoute View Post
    What do we know about the caracter named Capless (キャップレス)? A summary on reddit says he was a person from the Satsuma domain who came to London during the Edo period, how does that work, if true? Could it be somehow related to the crazy theory that Merlin = Abe no Seimei?
    He was a japanese person from the edo period who came to London to look at art or some shit like that, and more or less he wandered into a fairy territory and was stuck in fairyland. He took the name Capless at some point, became partners with the actual Spriggan, and developed some sort of anti-aging serum eventually. In the end, he killed his partner and stole their name. When you confront him in Norwich, it's also implied that he's using magical perfurmes and stuff to prevent the other fairies from sensing he's human, and even that he may have performed pretty intrusive surgery on himself to give himself more fairy-like features.

It's a pretty short section, and I don't know if there's anything that really connects him to something else we know of, so it's literally just there for proper backstory. He's also not dead yet, so there's more to come from him, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    He was a japanese person from the edo period who came to London to look at art or some shit like that, and more or less he wandered into a fairy territory and was stuck in fairyland. He took the name Capless at some point, became partners with the actual Spriggan, and developed some sort of anti-aging serum eventually. In the end, he killed his partner and stole their name. When you confront him in Norwich, it's also implied that he's using magical perfurmes and stuff to prevent the other fairies from sensing he's human, and even that he may have performed pretty intrusive surgery on himself to give himself more fairy-like features.

It's a pretty short section, and I don't know if there's anything that really connects him to something else we know of, so it's literally just there for proper backstory. He's also not dead yet, so there's more to come from him, obviously.
    That's pretty wild, truth be told. He got out of Japan during the Edo period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    He was poor so he became a sailor or something iirc

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It was at the very end of Edo. Japan was already sending exchange students to the British Empire and such. He failed his attempts to become an exchange student, so he became a sailor and went visiting all the art museums out there while off-duty.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    He was poor so he became a sailor or something iirc
    Oh, that makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    He did pretty considering how hostile the Fea land is, and he played an instrumental role in the showdown with Morgan.

US Friend Code
    Two of the goblins who helped Mash were also from PHH and fell into the Lostbelt, though I think they were always goblins. I wonder what causes this to happen when no other LB has it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Huh, so if it is true that "Vivian" was straight up Morgan all along, could we now have the identities of her three personalities, being Morgan/Morgause/Vivian... maybe?

I looked into it a bit more last night and it seems Holmes says Morgan developed these personalities to cope with the different roles she had laid out for her? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    So Vivian to fulfill her role as a fairy, Morgan for her desire to be queen, what would Morgause be for?

Blog Entries
    Plenty of mysteries yet to be solved.

One thing I find it interesting is how C. Artoria really think of PHH and MC at the Garden of Dejection. She actually holds contempt for PHH and has only been paying lip service. While she respects MC, she also find him/her, I don't know the right word, disgusting? Not comprehensible for being able to stand up despite everything he/she face and willingly throw his/her lot in it?

US Friend Code
    Also this is purely me speculating but one possible way to explain the seeming contradiction of Vivian being a bunrei of the planet and Morgan being born to humans is if Nasu goes the Jesus route and says the planet put a baby in Igraine.
    Last edited by Reign; July 16th, 2021 at 12:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Also this is purely me speculating but one possible way to explain the seeming contradiction of Vivian being the bunrei of the planet and Morgan being born to humans is if Nasu goes the Jesus route and says the planet put a baby in Igraine.
    Everything is Holmes' hypothesis and not confirmed truth yet right?