Page 3343 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2343284332433293333333383341334233433344334533483353339334433843 ... LastLast
Results 66,841 to 66,860 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    Himiko has Divinity if we go by Kiara's line for her.
    she has no divinity in her profile.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    What is more likely, all gods coming from the one exact same source, or some ancient people borrowing side legends from one another

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    she has no divinity in her profile.
    Aahn, how radiant! Divinity of such extent... Surely, she is a Divine Spirit with a name...that doesn't seem to be the case? For her to collect such an amount of faith with the power of a human; she'll become an obstacle to me sooner or later- Eh? You're offering me fried clam? My, oh my, I'll politely accept... Now then, excuse me. Nom... I do not get her at all... Could she be...a Heroic Spirit of a master chef?

^ Kiara's line towards Himiko, just like Circe she doesn't have a mentioned Divinity but somehow still possess it

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, this is explained in the very line presented. Himiko has no divinity but she gathered so much prayer on her name that she has enough of a divine aura to make Kiara see her as a threaat.

I feel like trying to make myths simultaiously real but also trying to use anthropology at the same time can cause issues especially if you make no effort to reconcile the issues from those two clashing (I feel like this is a partial issue i have with case files as it goes heavy on the anthropology angle a lot of the time)
    Last edited by Byegod; October 19th, 2020 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    What is more likely, all gods coming from the one exact same source, or some ancient people borrowing side legends from one another
    hey can i copy your homework

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But if you are taking a kitchen sink approach where all mythologies are true, you gonna have to stir into the anthropological angle, or else you need to find a way to explain how Amaterasu, Ra, and Helio all exist without we having multiple suns in the sky

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I mean, this is explained in the very line presented. Himiko has no divinity but she gathered so much prayer on her name that she has enough of a divine aura to make Kiara see her as a threat.
    Doesn't the fact that so many people pray to her make her a god, though? After all, that's how Ozymandias and Nitocris snuck by.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    But if you are taking a kitchen sink approach where all mythologies are true, you gonna have to stir into the anthropological angle, or else you need to find a way to explain how Amaterasu, Ra, and Helio all exist without we having multiple suns in the sky
    They already did that with textures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Also Uesugi Kenshin, also also Cu Chu (At least iirc he's only rumored to be a child of Lugh).

My meeeeerge.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    They already did that with textures.
    Textures are very much stirring into anthropology

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

No there not? there basically pocket realities for each myth, its a great idea that i personally think nasu isnt using enough cause he leans on the anthropology angle too much so you get syncrenetism Clusterfucks

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    I mean valid but

Hindu Age of Gods end around the Marahabta or whatever

Entire Hindu pantheon moves to China and Japan to become Buddhas- Sike

It kinda feels pissing on the whole "Fuck yeah Humanity is now freed from the gods" and the sheer desperation some of the gods have to maintain themselves relevant and not shoved in the retirement home for useless has beens that is the reverse since apparently fuck all nothing happens there

Edit- Godamnit I didn't realize this until now but its kinda the same thing as Romans renaming the Greek Gods and changing the narration of things (Hektor best Achilles a diva) thing but eastern. Disregard what I said, even tho I still think eastern syncretism is too fucking confusing and make a mess of how textures should work
    Last edited by BoktaiMoon; October 19th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    also Cu Chu (At least iirc he's only rumored to be a child of Lugh).
    Not a rumor by most accounts. But, to blah blah a bit, trying to explain the stuff where there’s ambiguity about Lugh being Cu’s father would cause a lot of confusion because it involves stuff like Cu reincarnating and being born from potentially several fathers (Lugh being one of them, but more than that, being the one that tries the hardest) and two mothers in the same story, or being born from his mother without a father (although Lugh is given credit for orchestrating this when God isn’t).

A little more blah blah if you’re interested... the reason Lugh is generally accepted to be his (primary) father is because it helps to explain the light and heat things that Cu displayed himself, such as “the hero’s light”, his soul or spirit being made entirely of light, and melting snow 30 feet around himself and the heat being so intense that people like his charioteer Laeg couldn’t approach him (this was in his usual state, by the way, not as riastrad, although heat was even more strongly associated with that).

(Side note: the similarities in one of Cu’s physical descriptions and one of Surya’s didn’t go unnoticed by Hull.)

I wanna ask you guys, whaddya do you think the Lostbelts' themes're? For example, LB1 talks about "the survival of the fittest", and LB2 talks about "love". But what about the others?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I came here just to post about the Imaginary Scramble event, but here I find an interesting question completely unanswered. I'm still halfway through Atlantis on my own playthrough, so I can't comment on Olympus or on how Atlantis ultimately handles its central theme.

SIN
    Stability, in most circumstances presented as peace.
    SIN's core message is that in order to seek stability you must cut away communication, which leads you to miss out on opportunities to grow as a person.
    - Shi Huang created a perfectly peaceful world but destroyed its potential for progress by forbidding rationality. Ultimately, he has his most advanced technology destroyed by Jing Ke, who does with only a smartphone, a communication device.
    - Pan-human Xiang Yu could only attain the peace he sought for through alienating himself from all his peers, and resulting in him being so demonized by history that he became unsummonable as Heroic Spirit because no one would want him.
    - Lostbelt Xiang Yu followed a similar path of avoid communication, leading to being destroyed in his attempts Akuta peace and stability despite her yelling at him to back down before she lost him again.
    - Despite being a naturally superior lifeform, Akuta’s desire to stay away from conflict left her unprepared to work effectively as a Master and a Crypter, or to confront Xiang Yu about his self-destructive logic flaws. She's ultimately "defeated" by Shi Huang growing from his interaction with Jing Ke and settling everything with a conversation.
    - Spartacus is there and says people grow better each by cyclically rebelling against each others' oppressions, and that everyone should reject stability and willingly live on the hardest path to make their lives worth it.

Yuga Kshehtra
    Flaws.
    - Altjuna is a super god who rules the world by regularly deleting everything he deems as flawed. He's extreme about it to the point of deleting people for having a sprained ankle, because being injured is a physical flaw that makes people less able to contribute to their camps. He just can't stop saying that "anything that isn't perfect is flawed and unnecessary, therefore evil" every 3 minutes.
    - Lakshmi is a flawed queen who failed to protect her people, and incorporated a goddess of misfortune, which brings only harm with no benefits. In other words, she took up a pure flaw for the sake of helping someone in need. And she's a key component to the plan to beat Altjuna.
    - Jinako is a useless member of society. Her role in beating Altjuna is something only could endure because of her life experience as neet. It would be impossible for anyone without this "flaw".
    - Ashwattaman defied Altjuna and escaped a complete loss of personality by willingly turning his greatest flaw, his anger, into the entire core of personality, taking great pride on it, and using it as motivation to be the exact kind of hero Pepe needed.
    - Karna's greatest flaw is his insensitivity and brutal honest, which is exactly what allows him to rock Altjuna down to beatable level by bluntly point of Altjuna's flaws to him.
    - Berserker Nezha is granted Kuvera's divinity to make her "more perfect", but Nezha is someone who chose to be the hero of the children because she believed helping others and being nice to children is what it means to be exact opposite of her father, so she can only see this fusion with her father as the worst flaw imaginable, strongly envies the supposedly less perfect Lancer Nezha for not their father's divinity, and ultimately kills herself over it.
    - Altjuna removes Asclepius' hatred for the gods, taking it as a flaw that prevents him from using his full potential. Due to losing his flaw, Asclepius overdoses himself on divinity and dies.
    - Altjuna removes Tell's memories of his son, taking it as a flaw that prevents him from attacking children if the job demands it. Learning this leads to Tell rebelling against him.
    - Pepe is a man who saw himself as too flawed to reach enlightment, and from a very young age resigned himself to the idea he would never be able to accomplish in his lifetime. He also refuses to see himself as good person despite all the positive qualities he shows throughout his chapter.

Atlantis
    Pride, or maybe worth.
    The Atlantis characters can be easily divided in two categories.
    * The ones who had abysmal self-esteem from the start:
    - Corday killed a guy thinking she would change the world, only to find out that her murder did nothing revelant. She believes herself to be undeserving of freedom because the one time she makes a decision, she stained her hands to accomplish nothing.
    - Mandricardo is a minor jobber villain in his legends. He achieved his goal of getting Durandal by picking it up like a scavenger after Roland threw it away, instead of conquering it by his own merits.
    - Bartholomew thinks Blackbeard is the pure scum, but Blackbeard can fully manifest his crew, while Bart is not powerful enough to produce anything more than a crew of faceless sailors. He nonchalantly admits that he made zero contributions to Human Orders, because pirates are not ones to do good deeds, and he didn't even contribute to solidifying the modern concept of pirates, as the credits for that go all to Blackbeard.
    - Chiyome is cursed from birth.
    - The Atlantis population are defective humans banished from the Olympus. They never try to accomplish anything out of lack of self-worth, and crave any form of acknowledgement from the gods, even if it kills them.

*The ones who had a pretty great self-esteem but had the source of their prides taken away by the Lostbelt's circumstances:
    - Jason is met after all his Argonauts died protected him. When Caenis taunts him asking why would Heracles would waste his life on a good-for-nothing like Jason, his answer is "I wish I knew".
    - Orion is such a great hunter that it earned him the proud title of Grand Archer. The Artemis situation forcing him to throw that pride away, foregoing of his Grand duty for personal affairs.
    - Drake is cursed into not being able to set sails.
    - Achilles is only met after his heel was shot, making him go through the entire chapter without his invincibility.
    - Paris prides himself as the brother of the greatest Trojan hero, but here he's not only separated from Hektor, but also forced to team up with his killer.
    - Caenis has his invincibility shattered in their battle, and later has Dioscuri brutally telling him he don't deserve to serve Kirschtaria because he's "just a weak woman" and being raped by Poseidon was the only thing that gave him any level of worth.

Again, I haven't personally played Olympus yet, but if I were to take a guess, I'd say Olympus probably takes the flipside of Atlantis' theme of pride, showing the overconfident ones instead of this cast of negative self-esteems.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Something just occurred to me while I was looking back at past Valentine scenes for fun, and I thought I’d share it. Remember Mysterious Heroine XX’s valentine, and how she ominously hinted at some future threats to humanity (before blowing away all tension with a gag battle against Mecha Eli-chan)? At the time, there were a lot of theories about it, but now after Olympus and with the Imaginary Around event coming up, I’m suddenly seeing it all in a new light.

Here are the relevant pieces text from the XX valentine scene: 異界と繋がった海域、未だに星の内海に続く坑道、膨張する太陽の幻視する祭壇 (A sea connected to another world/spirit world, a tunnel/shaft still connected to the planet's inner sea, an alter that shows the vision/hallucination of a swelling/expanding sun)

I've already seen theories on the net about the second line being about Albion in LB 6 Britain (since it pretty much fits the explanation given about it in Case Files) and the sun alter referring to Limbo's Hell Realm Mandala (since Danzo has mentioned a "black sun" when talking about Limbo in the Material books and it also seems to connect with the pulsing black dot on the game screen right now), but it's the first line that caught my attention today when I thought about the upcoming event. The few facts known about the Imaginary Around event are that it involves the Guda and Nemo going to the "Sea" of Imaginary Numbers and that it will likely heavily involve the Foreigners, Servants connected to monstrous and godly beings from "another world". The fact that XX herself is also a Bonus Servant in this event makes the connection seem even stronger.

Can't say whether it will be another Beast event like CCC and Ooku, but at the very least, we'll probably be facing an enemy just as dangerous. Now I really can't wait for Wednesday.
    Last edited by EDreamer; November 9th, 2020 at 11:07 AM.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe not a Beast event because we sorta already know who the Beasts are and none of them feel in place here, but definitely something just as big. FGO doesn't make "main story events" wily-nily.