Page 3291 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2291279131913241328132863289329032913292329332963301334133913791 ... LastLast
Results 65,801 to 65,820 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I find more believable that the bleaching was done by Anastasia, since the timing with her freezing Chaldeas and the bleaching feels a bit too convenient to be anything else. Marisbilly killed himself to prevent someone from forcing him to shut down his globe, so he clearly needed it running for longer, possibly to eventually reach a level of synchronicity were erasing Chaldeas = erasing the world. And when it got to this level, Koyanskaya and Kirei brought in Anastasia, she froze the globe and the Earth got blank.
    That is a truly cursed avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Tying it back to Anastasia (and consequently Kadoc) being responsible would actually be neat. And also give Kadoc more of a reason to stick around.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    On the other hand, the Earth isn't frozen. It's scoured clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Maybe the bleaching is an effect from Chaldeas itself. What it does to Earth when it stops.

Maybe Marisbilly just wanted to hold the entire world hostage for a ludicrous amount of money

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Maybe the bleaching is an effect from Chaldeas itself. What it does to Earth when it stops.

Maybe Marisbilly just wanted to hold the entire world hostage for a ludicrous amount of money
    Except the whole reason he competed in the HGW was to wish for the money to fund Chaldea's creation. Why not cut out the middle-man that is Chaldea if all he wanted was the money?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    True form of Beast VII: Financial Security.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I find more believable that the bleaching was done by Anastasia, since the timing with her freezing Chaldeas and the bleaching feels a bit too convenient to be anything else. Marisbilly killed himself to prevent someone from forcing him to shut down his globe, so he clearly needed it running for longer, possibly to eventually reach a level of synchronicity were erasing Chaldeas = erasing the world. And when it got to this level, Koyanskaya and Kirei brought in Anastasia, she froze the globe and the Earth got blank.
    The whole "as below, so above" too-perfect simulation idea is definitely an interesting one, yeah, although I kind of doubt it since it feels kind of high-concept and quite frankly overpowered for the setting. It would make sense with the old "Atlas tries to stop the end of the world but creates doomsday weapons in the process" idea, I guess?

Also, note that the bleaching didn't happen that soon. Antarctica was still normal while the Shadow Border was fleeing the scene (complete with an overhead zoom-out to establish the setting), and IIRC that's minutes after Chaldeas was frozen.

There's definitely something funky going on both with the bleaching and Chaldeas itself, but I'm not sure that they're directly related?
    I think the focus on Chaldeas being frozen is just serving the dual purposes of
    A) as a model of the Earth, it shows that Shit's Fucked (much like when it went dark in Part 1) and
    B) as the way we Rayshift, it shows that there's no going back and undoing the whole thing (and this is made explicit in the text as the reason they directly attack it)

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Chaldeas caused it, since if I remember correctly they made a big deal of Chaldeas freezing over in the prologue and even emphasized it in the opening video, but Anastasia feels like too much of a bit player to be the culprit.
    Yeah, I can subscribe to it somehow being related to Chaldeas but not because of Anastasia's actions since it's seems pretty significant to Chaldea's questionable objectives as an organization that everything seems to be tying back to.
    Last edited by Bobin; July 6th, 2020 at 04:56 PM.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    On the other hand, the Earth isn't frozen. It's scoured clean.
    Not entirely clean. The human order is still there, just frozen. Find some ways to recover it once the alien god and all LBs are gone and we get all back.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Simply freezing the earth doesn't explain the "always day" alien sky situation

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

I remember some old crack theory that basically posited that olga was actually a prototype of Chaldeas itself. It didn't go that much further into theorizing about what that would actually mean for the story, but it was backed up by a lot of questions rather than concrete answers. Like how lostroom mats say marisbilly subjected all his other children to demiservant experiments, but why not olga? And how he had some grand plan for olga that's dropped in non-FGO timelines (and in FGO timelines, did it already happen?) after he found out about the grail not being able to grant his wish (or actually, it was a bit after that, during the london beheadings I'm pretty sure). Basically it was based a lot on the explanation of how rayshifting works, and saying that since rayshifting requires you to set the subject to "absent" within time, that would be impossible with olga if she was a prototype of chaldeas, because she would be equivalent to the soul of the planet itself, and it wouldn't be possible for that to be absent, and that's why she couldn't rayshift (until she died and her soul got dragged along).

But then I'm pretty sure this also led into another theory which said that marisbilly's theory was to create a "cerebral corpus of the planet", and actually that hasn't exactly been disproven yet. Rasputin also mentions at one point that chaldea is a means to reach the root, and we haven't really seen that explained yet either, so there's still potential here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

That reminds me of the theory that pointed that that the Spiritron Accelerators in Tsuki no Sango which were described as perpetual motion machines sort of looked like Fantasy Trees/Rhongo and that the Specimen E in Area 51 is described as looking like a withered tree by Bluebook so sort of like the non human looking parts of the artificial brain of the moon in that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    That reminds me of the theory that pointed that that the Spiritron Accelerators in Tsuki no Sango which were described as perpetual motion machines sort of looked like Fantasy Trees/Rhongo and that the Specimen E in Area 51 is described as looking like a withered tree by Bluebook so sort of like the non human looking parts of the artificial brain of the moon in that as well.
    this is just a wild mental image but when i think of a "withered tree" on an operating table, this springs to mind

US Friend Code
    Lostroom Mats said Marisbury had other kids?

Blog Entries
    Actually, where are the Lostroom Mat translations on this site?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Lostroom Mats said Marisbury had other kids?
    If you mean "had" as in "owned" instead of as in "fathered", Camelot prologue said he had other children besides Mash but Mash was the only one who actually worked.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I remember some old crack theory that basically posited that olga was actually a prototype of Chaldeas itself. It didn't go that much further into theorizing about what that would actually mean for the story, but it was backed up by a lot of questions rather than concrete answers. Like how lostroom mats say marisbilly subjected all his other children to demiservant experiments, but why not olga? And how he had some grand plan for olga that's dropped in non-FGO timelines (and in FGO timelines, did it already happen?) after he found out about the grail not being able to grant his wish (or actually, it was a bit after that, during the london beheadings I'm pretty sure). Basically it was based a lot on the explanation of how rayshifting works, and saying that since rayshifting requires you to set the subject to "absent" within time, that would be impossible with olga if she was a prototype of chaldeas, because she would be equivalent to the soul of the planet itself, and it wouldn't be possible for that to be absent, and that's why she couldn't rayshift (until she died and her soul got dragged along).
    Huh, I also thought of this myself, but through a completely different (an admittedly much weaker) set of hints. What I had is:
    - Olga is the only supposedly human character whose birthday is listed as unknown in the Elmo2 Mats.
    - Her middle name is アースミレイト (at least in the Elmo2 timelines), romanized as something else in the anime subs, but easily romanizable as Earthmilate (Earth assimilate? Earth simulate?)
    - Hibiki is also implied to be a miniature of the planet, so there could be precedent set for miniatures of the planet being little girls.
    -In the Animusphere chant, Animus is "shape of myself", so Animusphere -> the shape of myself is a sphere -> Olga is the globe.

But then I'm pretty sure this also led into another theory which said that marisbilly's theory was to create a "cerebral corpus of the planet", and actually that hasn't exactly been disproven yet. Rasputin also mentions at one point that chaldea is a means to reach the root, and we haven't really seen that explained yet either, so there's still potential here.
    Marisbilly aiming for the Root would be really stupid because we've seen him actively and knowingly rejecting a won opportunity in favor of wishing for enough money to turn on his globe.
    アースミレイト
    Last edited by Comun; July 7th, 2020 at 12:27 AM.

Marisbilly aiming for the Root would be really stupid because we've seen him actively and knowingly rejecting a won opportunity in favor of wishing for enough money to turn on his globe.
    アースミレイト
    I must be going crazy. I was sure Rasputin had said something like this, but can't seem to find it (at least not quickly looking through LB1 or a quick search in my discord messages), and JP wiki only mentions this:
    天体科のロードとして独自の方法で根源に至ることを目的としており、他の魔術師の理論に乗るなどと有り得な いとして、アインツベルンの大聖杯による根源への到達は拒否し、カルデアを設立した。
    - - - Updated - - -

Huh, I also thought of this myself, but through a completely different (an admittedly much weaker) set of hints. What I had is:
    - Olga is the only supposedly human character whose birthday is listed as unknown in the Elmo2 Mats.
    - Her middle name is アースミレイト (at least in the Elmo2 timelines), romanized as something else in the anime subs, but easily romanizable as Earthmilate (Earth assimilate? Earth simulate?)
    - Hibiki is also implied to be a miniature of the planet, so there could be precedent set for miniatures of the planet being little girls.
    -In the Animusphere chant, Animus is "shape of myself", so Animusphere -> the shape of myself is a sphere -> Olga is the globe.
    Well these all just support this thing even more. I'm very excited to see how this plays out, even if it's practically never the same as these crack theories (except that one time after Okeanos when You called that Romani was Solomon or whatever).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    天体科のロードとして独自の方法で根源に至ることを目的としており、他の魔術師の理論に乗るな どと有り得な いとして、アインツベルンの大聖杯による根源への到達は拒否し、カルデアを設立した。
    I honestly hope silly mage pride doesn't actually reach these levels of ridiculousness.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I honestly hope silly mage pride doesn't actually reach these levels of ridiculousness.
    he asked for money to the grail tho.

JP Friend Code
    Didn't he said exactly that to Solomon, when they won the war? "I want to reach the Root in my own ways and not using this thing made by others, what I want is the completion of Chaldea" or something along those lines.