Page 3813 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 281333133713376338033808381138123813381438153818382338633913 ... LastLast
Results 76,241 to 76,260 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    It is simply the deadline Nasu gave himself to write Tsukihime 3 with ORT secret boss

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Year X +100: Fujimaru Ritsuka achieves apotheosis as the Grand Human. Humanity can no longer be stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Zel did not specifically say humanity has to fight ORT.

Ether Liners, since it's a Fate world.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Seriously, you should read the story, it's even translated long ago.

Doing experiments to alien made it to emit specific signal, which was the scientists' goal. Since the alien was composed of unknown material and they need more of it.
    If they kill the alien, it will stop sending the signal. And the material from the alien will run out soon. If you ever played old X-COM, you will know that.

They probably thought since the alien is a tree, it is harmless, so even if another one comes, they will easily capture it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now on topic, i.e. ORT.

What I feel weird now is that Zeltrech did say that humanity will be able to face ORT in 100 years from now in Strange Fake. How?
    Main timeline ORT with it's real core got multiple billions of HP, Crystal Valley and no concept of death, and I assume it still can regenerate from single cell. And Servant summoning isn't that easy outside of Chaldea, so humanity will not have an army of Servants fighting it.

Just how humanity is supposed to fight it according to Zeltrech?
    Even ORT with Daybit as its core took that much to get defeated, and ORT with real core is like 100 times more potent (if we're going by HP alone).
    I read that all the way back in Atlantis, but what did they even want with this unknown material? The story basically makes it sound as if they were doing it for shits and giggles. Or was this mystery material not even mentioned until Traum?

(And I also know that you can't actually make anything with alien alloys or Elerium until you research it first, otherwise it just takes up space in your base. You're not the only one who's played old X-COM. This goes double if you're trying to make an analogy with alien alloys, you can literally make an infinite amount of the things as soon as you research them.)
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 7th, 2023 at 11:34 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    The story basically makes it sound as if they were doing it for shits and giggles.

(And I also know that you can't actually make anything with alien alloys or Elerium until you research it first, otherwise it just takes up space in your base. You're not the only one who's played old X-COM. This goes double if you're trying to make an analogy with alien alloys, you can literally make an infinite amount of the things as soon as you research them.)
    It was mentioned in Bluebook's final part of memories and no, it didn't "sound as if they were doing it for shits and giggles" at all. Bluebook explained the reason scientists wanted more aliens to arrive.

And what I did mean about X-COM is that once aliens were defeated, Elerium run out soon. Because humans were unable to replicate it.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    It was mentioned in Bluebook's final part of memories and no, it didn't "sound as if they were doing it for shits and giggles" at all. Bluebook explained the reason scientists wanted more aliens to arrive.

And what I did mean about X-COM is that once aliens were defeated, Elerium run out soon. Because humans were unable to replicate it.
    Ah, I rechecked Atlantis and found what you meant. Even so, it sounds a little too convenient that they chose that very specific approach rather than simply trying to culture new cells or gaining its cooperation after resuscitating it. And the knowledge that all of this is somehow connected to Marisbury's ambitions is itself a sign that the whole thing was just a contrivance wrought for a very different purpose from the one we're told about. (And either way, it still seems dumb of them not to expect retaliation - did they expect the other aliens would come with nothing but sharp rocks?)

And for the record, they ended up getting Elerium back by XCOM Apocalypse, but since nobody played that I don't fault you for not knowing about it.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 8th, 2023 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    6th Magic being realized? Or, alternatively, one of the other Magics becoming technology.
    Or maybe just regular waponry becoming more advanced. Super-nukes, robots, energy weapons etc.
    It would appear that all you need to do to "kill" a Type is destroy it to the last cell. This seems to have been achieved with Type-Pluto since it's certainly not reforming, and it seems Type-Jupiter didn't leave a body behind after it sploded. So I think it's achievable (eventually) without the need for Magic. We don't know if Saturn was completely neutralized by Slash Emperor, though it was enough damage for it to send the signal for the final battle. Though we don't really have a complete understanding of the powersets in Notes anyway.

Also it's my understanding that ORT was essentially neutralized (though not 'dead') once its heart was removed and it was only through absorbing the Fantasy Tree that it was able to regain mobility. So there's that option too, though it's not quite as permanent.
    Last edited by Formless Creature; February 8th, 2023 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    On top of the Beast V/VII speculation, I also took a look at Manaka again.

Spoiler:

An incarnation of avarice and gluttony, and thy name was Beast.
    Watch with keen interest, for one should know the dignity of a beast that had been given its authority
    and a throne from a great dragon.
    It was a creature that didn’t exist but had existed in the past, however, it was now a creature that finally
    came by crawling itself up from a bottomless place.
    A phenomenon which ruled over corruption and ostentation, having been born as the king of this world
    which had given him the authority to desecrate all things, and was pressing itself into city from beyond
    the rough waves.
    It was the 6th Beast which had established its authority to kill people, and which would invite the many
    people who were afraid all over this continuously contemptable world, to show its contempt, by
    attacking, and then greedily devouring them whilst dissolving and embracing them in the middle of a
    golden swirl, as the woman who was the source of evil rode on its back.
    While its lips increased to a countless degree, it spread into 7, and transformed into fang holding “jaws,”
    It still hadn’t moulded heads yet, but soon, these would be “heads” and “jaws.”
    At that time, the “Domina Coronam” would surely appear on the Earth.
    If Mother Babylon was alive, then she’d probably, further appear along with the golden cup that was not

the Holy Grail, but having been pierced by the Holy Blade, Manaka Sajyou’s body was dropped into the
    black fleshy sea which was the Beast’s prime field.
    Despite being a girl who was born as omnipotent somehow, there was no difference between it and
    each of the souls that had dissolved into particles.

(...)

The one who awoke in the deep depths of the earth was the terrifying Beast, the one who was still
    materialising as it took in the Greater Grail was a great terror, the thing that it brought wasn’t salvation,
    but the realisation of a prophecy.
    It was the advent of a scarlet beast which had been in sacred scriptures.

Her Hanafuda skills are Potnia Theron: Princess over Monsters, Sodom: Holy City's Fall, and Gomorrah: Burning Holy City, which pretty much spells out to me that VI is just S and G. VI/S has Nega-Messiah, Number of the Beast (probably both shared between S and G), Seven Crowns of the Beast, and Aurea Poculum (probably Sodom's unique skills). The seven crowns probably refer to the seven hills of Rome, hence something given to Nero, while 666 has ten crowns (Domina Coronam: Ten Crowns is probably the personal skill). Potnia Theron is said to be the same as Domina Coronam, which makes sense here, though I don't know why BB has *both* as separate skills.

But anyway:
    Sodom - Beast of the Sea - Mother Harlot - Seven Crowns - Aurea Poculum
    Gomorrah - Beast of the Earth - Dragon - Ten Crowns

The Bible is in no way helpful because it's conflationary with itself and Nasu remixed it most likely anyway.
    As Arthur says he found L and R in mobile's Chaldea and has been waiting for S and G to materialise as prophesised, then sure III/L and III/R are all we have to work with.

But with the execution to this point it's not surprising there's confusion; his Interlude, released 2 months after Ooku, says he has yet to find trace of either L or R.

There's also the whole scent & miasma characteristics he attributed to them, with no reference to those with Kiara/Kama as I recall, while S.Nero has seven crowns described as thickening her scent.

Mobile seems to be out of step and behind Arcade's timeline, as his My Room dialogue to Purin before she runs away is he's found L and R just like she instructed - which he has already told her in Lillim Harlot.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's Quetzalcoatl. A free wind who not only cunningly changed her name when she moved from the Maya to to the Azteca and became very popular, but also became obsessed with Mexican culture after becoming a Servant.
    "Everyone in America is the same, right?" - Kinoko Nasu probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

There's a whole infodump on LB7 about how this Lostbelt is about central America and it feels inaccurate to call it south american Lostbelt, so he does know.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    "Everyone in America is the same, right?" - Kinoko Nasu probably
    What being raised on "Everyone in East Asia is the same" does to a man.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    There's a whole infodump on LB7 about how this Lostbelt is about central America and it feels inaccurate to call it south american Lostbelt, so he does know.
    Oh, so it's actually addressed as to why the Mexican Lostbelt is located in Brazil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The real reason is that the Portuguese burned all the records to the ground so now Nasu can't even write an inaccurate Brazil Lostbelt

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Oh, so it's actually addressed as to why the Mexican Lostbelt is located in Brazil?
    Not why specifically. It's just acknowledged that it shouldn't be right to call it South American.
    But then Da Vinci's like "Yea but that's where it is so fuck it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    The real reason is that the Portuguese burned all the records to the ground so now Nasu can't even write an inaccurate Brazil Lostbelt
    They could still have at least one Libertador around. That's recorded history that matters to South America.
    Could even have them acknowledge that in PHH no one fucking knows what SA was like before Iberia came along with big cannons.

Or they could just move the Lostbelt bubble up north and side-step the issue entirely.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    South America LB is due to Nasu wanting to write about ORT there and ORT must land in the coordinates where South America is supposed to be, in all history I guess. The whole LB in reality is just Pangaea supercontinent going down the Earth.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    Kukulkan's Asc 3 Bond 4 line

"Since I'm using the form of "The Winged Serpent"───Kukulkan, I'll obviously pay homage to the other Mayan gods as well. ...With that said, Mayan mythology is not that well-documented so...please, study it together with me! ...Ah, there is no need to bother with the ones about Tezcatlipoca."

You heard it folks, go find out about it with her! Also who cares about Tez his can be whatevs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca's profile
    While Tezcatlipoca's name is quite well-known over here, there are astoundly little myths about him available in Japanese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukulkan's bond line
    We don't have enough sources on Mayan mythology for me to study it without your help.
    Nasu, is there some kind of message you're trying to send?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mushroom really gave up like that lmao

Blog Entries
    Is there even a TM writer that is confirmed to know more than 1 language?
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.