Page 3684 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 268431843584363436743679368236833684368536863689369437343784 ... LastLast
Results 73,661 to 73,680 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I wish he had something to say to Vlad as the guy who managed to drive off Mehmed.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    We can expect additional dialogues after Traum, at least.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    -Balin performs the Dolorous Stroke, Klingsor steals Longinus (physical object)
    -Balin gives Longinus (magical energy essence) to Percival
    Wait what? Someone can just yoink the essence out of the Holy Spear and just give it to someone else? If it was Merlin doing it then it’d be understandable but a regular dude like Balin?

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    It sure feels like Lion King's decision to preserve the good and purge the bad even though it is done differently.

US Friend Code
    Something about Longinus was brought up in Percival's interlude, that it was separated into physical spear and its energy, and then they're fused back by Percival at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    In Lostbelt 6 when Beryl is dying he has a flashback to his mom, who was a Witch, and she says they're a kind of fairy who aren't supposed to have kids with humans because it rots their souls. She says she's jealous of Alice from Mahoyo, who is a half-witch like Beryl is.
    She says Meinster, which is referring to Alice's mother as she's married to a human and got a child with him. She died after giving birth to Alice but I guess that's much better than what happened to Beryl's mother.

By the way, to this day I still don't know if Meinster was the name of Alice's mother (like Robin mentioned in All about Ploys) or a specific name referred to all pure-blooded Witches.

Blog Entries
    My understanding based on translating the script using DeepL on the Longinus situation is that Klingsor throws Longinus at Percival only for it to not harm him, and Klingsor proceeds to make a copy out of the concentrated magic energy, and after Percival defeats Klingsor, the magic power of the copy is absorbed back into the physical Longinus.

US Friend Code
    My understanding was Klingsor took the physical spear but Balin was able to hold onto the magical stuff that made it special and then he gave that to Percival to fight Klingsor with.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, I skipped a line on how Percival got the raw energy Longinus. Klingsor shot it at him and he just tanked it like it was nothing and grabbed it.

US Friend Code
    Oh, so like an anime version of the fight from Parsifal.

Klingsor appears on the castle rampart and hurls the Spear at Parsifal to destroy him, but it miraculously stops in midair, above his head. Parsifal seizes the Spear in his hand and makes with it the sign of the Cross, banishing Klingsor's magic.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Constantine's lines

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at the end of the day the point isn't always to show why you should feel bad about the characters living there, or for the story to convince you that you actually do want to save them (so that you can then feel worse about not being able to when you inevitably have to cull the Lostbelt). The point, sometimes, like in LB6, is just to paint an "objective" picture of the people within this alternate history. The fairies were terrible, but on the surface it did not seem like that. That's what makes the whole story here, the transition from the initial like and empathy for the fairies, towards whatever you felt at the very end when they all show their true colors. Showing how "people" are shitty even when history is nothing like PHH is just as important as showing that there can be good people in the same scenario. And arguably, LB6 manages this by showing that despite so many fairies being absolutely terrible, Gudao & co still want to save some of them because they were truly good, but simply bound by circumstance.
    For me, this is somewhat undercut by the fact that the fairies are portrayed as more essentially evil and capricious as opposed to those traits forming as a result of various interacting circumstances. Not to say that people aren't just sometimes incredibly petty and cruel in a way that defies sociological analysis, but I would not say they're essentially evil the way the fairies were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    For me, this is somewhat undercut by the fact that the fairies are portrayed as more essentially evil and capricious as opposed to those traits forming as a result of various interacting circumstances. Not to say that people aren't just sometimes incredibly petty and cruel in a way that defies sociological analysis, but I would not say they're essentially evil the way the fairies were.
    I feel like one part is that while fae often dont follow morality, i feel like they somewhat went too far into 'sadistic' vs alien morality/different morality.

On this note i wonder how dullahan work, as there like ghosts labeled as fae

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fun fact: Constantine's niece Zoe was Ivan the Terrible's grandmother
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Caesar gently denying how Byzantine empire is a successor of the Roman Empire seems a huge point of controversy. Or did I understand t wrongly?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    That an interesting Line from Caesar what about the other emperors do they have anything else to say about Constantine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    That an interesting Line from Caesar what about the other emperors do they have anything else to say about Constantine
    What caught my eye most was Caesar's, so not sure about the others.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Fun fact: Constantine's niece Zoe was Ivan the Terrible's grandmother
    Pretty cool fact, actually, though he's definitely not the only rather interesting or far-flung Byzantine relative. They really liked marrying their princesses off to foreign royalty/nobility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Caesar gently denying how Byzantine empire is a successor of the Roman Empire seems a huge point of controversy. Or did I understand t wrongly?
    Did he actually do that? If so, TM honestly goofed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I think it might be a reference to his rivalry with Pompey, who conquered and controlled much of the Eastern Roman territories that the Byzantines sat on.
    Last edited by Kamera; May 19th, 2022 at 10:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Pretty cool fact, actually, though he's definitely not the only rather interesting or far-flung Byzantine relative. They really liked marrying their princesses off to foreign royalty/nobility.

- - - Updated - - -

Did he actually do that? If so, TM honestly goofed.
    The line is actually like this:

ビザンツ、東ローマ……。ローマに縁ゆかりある国ではあろうが、もはや別物、似ても似つかぬ。しかしそれで もなおローマ皇帝を名乗るとは……はっはは、可愛いやつだ

So if I don't get it wrong, Caesar is pointing out how Byzantine, while related to Rome is different in the core. So he believes Constantine XI's claims of being a Roman Emperor is cute.

US Friend Code
    Now what would Caesar say to Charlie, I wonder...