Page 3650 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 265031503550360036403645364836493650365136523655366037003750 ... LastLast
Results 72,981 to 73,000 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

That's the spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I mean lets be real part of it will require the audience to accept FGO/waifu collecting sim to end

Then also it will require accepting guda as a actual character for it to be compelling

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think Lost Will succeeded at the hardest part, which is believably turning nothing into something. Turning something into something bigger is a lot easier because you already have a base. Will Fujimaru be a good protagonist? Nah. Too little too late. But will they be a functional protagonist? Probably. The baby steps are in the right direction.

He lost his character the scene after

Plus the crux may revolve around olga and that is a huge can of writing issues in of itself that people have talked about ad-hominem

Plus if saving olga when she seemed to die is gonna happen, thats not accepting the end

Thats accepting the end for things you want

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It depends on the writer really. Guda in Avalon le Fae is Nasu's character, and they will change character according to the main writer of the arc. It's a weakness of FGO imo, having multiple writers, even guest writer while the cast remain the same could result to discrepancies.

As for the matter of Olga, they are accepting the end at first, when Olga seemingly died, but then U-Olga happened. It gives them hope that there might still be a chance to save her.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Read what I explained above in post #72982. They lesson they got from Romani is "don't let your game end until you filled all your goals". The first goal was saving Olga. Not doing so was the first mistake. She's the big unticked checkbox on the top of the list. She's a necessary piece for Fujimaru's gameset. <Insert clever tie-in to Kirschtaria's last speech about how we don't need to be people who never fail, we just need to be experts in correcting mistakes here>

except then it just comes off as author favoritism

>this is the end
    >but not this part olga is now my waifu

and the height of shit writing if they put PHH or whatever for fucking olga who seemed to die

If they do it for her, why not for PHH, or the lostbelts

It will not come off well

Blog Entries
    So, has anybody gotten Faker's last profile segment unlocked yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I mean lets be real part of it will require the audience to accept FGO/waifu collecting sim to end
    Nobody actually expects the game to end and the servers shut down. That is not only implausible but naive. However, that doesn't mean that the story as it exists now can't end, and subsequently just be replaced with something else. If FGO story so far has been part of this huge overarching story revolving around Chaldea as we know it and Gudao, then if that story comes to an end and those characters are gone, it doesn't matter if the game is still live and gets a new story with new characters. That doesn't invalidate the message and theme of the previous story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    So, has anybody gotten Faker's last profile segment unlocked yet?
    You need to clear the entire RZ story, and I don't think you can yet? It's not even on Atlas yet so should mean it's not even in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Nobody actually expects the game to end and the servers shut down. That is not only implausible but naive. However, that doesn't mean that the story as it exists now can't end, and subsequently just be replaced with something else. If FGO story so far has been part of this huge overarching story revolving around Chaldea as we know it and Gudao, then if that story comes to an end and those characters are gone, it doesn't matter if the game is still live and gets a new story with new characters. That doesn't invalidate the message and theme of the previous story.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to clear the entire RZ story, and I don't think you can yet? It's not even on Atlas yet so should mean it's not even in the game.
    I would argue that it would cut into the idea regardless

And i agree its implausible, but im more saying that i think the idea is inhrently foolish to try in a format like this

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Not going to lie, I myself want Servant Olga to reunite Singularity F Trio probably after CitL, or maybe even sooner than that.

- - - Updated - - -

I would argue that it would cut into the idea regardless

And i agree its implausible, but im more saying that i think the idea is inhrently foolish to try in a format like this
    Foolish how?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Guda being shit is ok because the idea comes through fine to the player in this case. Nasu has been saying he's going to do everything he wants to do before the end and that's just fitting the theme at a meta level.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Imagine being the last Servant released for the game. After years, you are finally implemented, you start gaining a fanbase of your own, and then the game fucking ends.

I tend to actually feel bad for fictional characters who get the short end of the meta stick for some reason, so I'll probably feel bad for that one, whoever it is.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Even worse than Ereshkigal had it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Ereshkigal? Who?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I don't think Nasu is going to fully abandon FGO. I'm sure that if FGO 2.0 or whatever they call it suddenly reaches a point in which he gets inspired to write something I'm pretty sure he will jump ahead and do it regardless of whatever he said in the past.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but every celestial body vanished from the sky except for the Sun, right?

Maybe that has something do with Beast V or VII? The persistence of the Sun, I mean.
    Funnily enough, I think it's no coincidence that what the Trees of Emptiness contain is what can be only observed from the surface of the Earth at night time.

Not really if you get 7+ years of money, you would just be the equivalent of some CEOs who ruin a company and then fuck off to plague another
    As demonstrated potentially by Bobby and Acti-blizzard lately.
    It's kinda funny how the past 2 or 3 anniversaries have been Famitsu interviews of Nasu talking about the end and 2 saying "let's continue for some 5 years more ".

DW/Lasangle really doesn't get FGO's message.
    Although I wonder if Nasu also really believes in it either at this point. He's obviously personally tired of FGO, but will he care that much if it continues as a zombie by other people? At a point I don't think he might.

The real move is to do a Princess Connect/Cygames really, which really in hindsight it's surprising they haven't tried it considering how many problems the game has from its conception. But not being ambitious is also par for the course for Lasagna and co.

It depends on the writer really. Guda in Avalon le Fae is Nasu's character, and they will change character according to the main writer of the arc. It's a weakness of FGO imo, having multiple writers, even guest writer while the cast remain the same could result to discrepancies.
    I'd say the biggest flaw isn't that there are multiple writers. That's common in a lot of projects, games and gachas. The problem is that its multiple individual writers, instead of writers as a writing team. They're marketed, and set apart from each other in individual unconnected parts. They aren't working together for a whole, they aren't connected to each other and aren't truly working with each other.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Although I wonder if Nasu also really believes in it either at this point. He's obviously personally tired of FGO, but will he care that much if it continues as a zombie by other people? At a point I don't think he might.
    I think he will. Maybe he lets it go on for a while without him, but as long as it's going he'll definitely come back to it eventually.
    burn your dread you coward

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    kinda funny Rita has more appearance in Fate than Tsukihime.

Well, that was unexpected. Hephaestion got a name reveal:

Spoiler:
    Hephaestion Mnemosyne

If the next Pretender gets one too, we can definitely say that all Pretenders will have a unique name reveal.