Page 3297 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2297279731973247328732923295329632973298329933023307334733973797 ... LastLast
Results 65,921 to 65,940 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She's only a poor warrior in the sense that she often loses to show how strong the person she's fighting is
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marros View Post
    While I agree with your general point, isn't the Sword in the Stone actually Caliburn in Fate?
    The Sword in the Stone and Excalibur are also different in the classical sources. It's the more modern ones which conflate both (I think that may have started with Boorman's "Excalibur"? Not sure about that).

Blog Entries
    Honestly at this point I'm just hoping that we get a modern grand servant because for a series that says "humanity fuck yeah" it's really weird that like all of the "Greatest of humanity" team gets most of their powers from gods.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    En't that Romulus? He's a demigod, yeah. But his whole thing as a Heroic Spirit is 'humanity power'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sure, but Orion (and maybe Hassan, he's sorta unclear) is the only one just borrowing power from the gods. Solomon and Romulus are getting power from gods and saying "this officially belongs to humanity now, everyone can have it".

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    She's only a poor warrior in the sense that she often loses to show how strong the person she's fighting is

strongest servant btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

strongest servant btw
    To be fair, we didn't know back then that Gilles' tentacle monsters were archer-class, nor that archers deal twice as much damage to Saber while only taking half in return

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean it's just that her group of peers has grown as well, and some of them haven't gotten the jobbing duties yet.

Sure, but Orion (and maybe Hassan, he's sorta unclear) is the only one just borrowing power from the gods. Solomon and Romulus are getting power from gods and saying "this officially belongs to humanity now, everyone can have it".
    Ah yes, because HFY that goes 'we should bypass it with tech and not need anything from them', it's totally not conflicting to have a literal god and god keikaku in human form be grands.

nasu HFY was a mistake

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    HFY that goes 'we should bypass it with tech and not need anything from them'
    Which series does that?

Blog Entries
    Ah yes, because HFY that goes 'we should bypass it with tech and not need anything from them', it's totally not conflicting to have a literal god and god keikaku in human form be grands.

nasu HFY was a mistake
    You know now I think about more, Nasu's HFY is less of more "fuck magic science forever!1!" and more of the emotional conquest of things that are inhuman and bigger to us. Like mikiya and shiki or orion and artemis etc.

But I'm still salty Tesla didn't punch Zeus in his stupid face.

Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    You know now I think about more, Nasu's HFY is less of more "fuck magic science forever!1!" and more of the emotional conquest of things that are inhuman and bigger to us. Like mikiya and shiki or orion and artemis etc.

I think it's more than that since there is often a emphasis on modern humans and certain stupid things about servants along with the emphasis on the physical/mental state of humans at points, of course nasu fucking sucks at it when most servants are just weirdoes and we get bailed out by gods and grand who derive powers from gods

Which series does that?

I'm not even sure anymore, my memory is super foggy these days and it feels like a game of telephone from listening to certain people.

I swear half of this shit is from CCC these days which isnt translated nor do i care to read gils route, but considering 'you' has talked about it with me i dont think im entirely crazy

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you don't know what you're complaining about, why are you complaining? I would think a discussion on the flaws and merits of certain themes would require one to know exactly what they are discussing in the first place.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    He did actually. Golden Huge Bear carries spirit cores and hope of the 8 servants who perished in Olympus, and he punched Zeus in the face. His punch was also in the form of the Aether Great Summoning system that allowed the use of those very cores to summon panhuman Mars/Ares into Golden Bear and Romulus into Caligula, then they stomped Zeus into submission. Him, Edison and Helena also made the spaceship that allowed the gang to reach Aphrodite on the orbit.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear half of this shit is from CCC these days which isnt translated nor do i care to read gils route, but considering 'you' has talked about it with me i dont think im entirely crazy
    There was nothing in CCC that said humanity is cool becuz science rules. Without the discovery of spiritrons and the creation of pseudo spiritrons, humans of Extra could not enter the Moon Cell in the first place. The magi also did not simply give up on magecraft and go science all the way, some gave up and killed themselves like Kazu's parents, but some such as Kiara's cult managed to go digital with the Dakini magic that even Tamamo was surprised about. Plus the Wandering Sea exists, they don't give a crap about any of the things going on around the world most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    If you don't know what you're complaining about, why are you complaining? I would think a discussion on the flaws and merits of certain themes would require one to know exactly what they are discussing in the first place.
    More that i cant recall where it was stated first for certain as all of fate kinda melts together in my brain so i was referencing the fact everyone who isnt me references the same thing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean who is referencing what you're discussing? I don't see that anywhere.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Even taking this angle of science being "doing things with our own hands", Nasu's HFY never really touches this theme as far as I remember. It's always being a lot more about breaking monopolies. Solomon's distribution was spreading arts exclusive to the gods and the their yes-men to a vaster amount of people, and further up the loss of mystery is things formerly exclusive to mage becoming available to everyone. Romulus' building of civilization takes a similar idea of making knowledge available to everyone.

Honestly, recently it's been feeling like every bigger thematic discussion about the Nasuverse eventually loops back to Jing Ke vs Shi Huang.

If memory serves one of luvia's arguments in case files for not using the god magic was "it would spit on the research of modern magi" or some shit like that, I may be misquoting as that what 'you' said that, but if that isn't a moment of bad memory that somewhat touches that topic.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    He did actually. Golden Huge Bear carries spirit cores and hope of the 8 servants who perished in Olympus, and he punched Zeus in the face. His punch was also in the form of the Aether Great Summoning system that allowed the use of those very cores to summon panhuman Mars/Ares into Golden Bear and Romulus into Caligula, then they stomped Zeus into submission. Him, Edison and Helena also made the spaceship that allowed the gang to reach Aphrodite on the orbit.
    I still would've preferred a direct confrontation. With full System Keraunos spacetime twisties. And maybe Edison joining in and nerfing the shit out of Zeus by screening Clash of the Titans with his NP.

JP Friend Code
    It already splits the research of modern magi long ago, the Wandering Sea literally fucked off to their own place and left the modern magi be in their clocktower.

And that is not in any way related to the whole "science is the shit" that you were talking about, it's just old magi vs modern magi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I still would've preferred a direct confrontation. With full System Keraunos spacetime twisties. And maybe Edison joining in and nerfing the shit out of Zeus by screening Clash of the Titans with his NP.
    Tesla and co couldn't even get pass Demeter and Aphrodite. What can you expect?
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; July 13th, 2020 at 03:08 AM.