Page 3564 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 256430643464351435543559356235633564356535663569357436143664 ... LastLast
Results 71,261 to 71,280 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    One thing I'm not clear on: If the northern fairies survived on Albion's corpse the way the southern ones did on Cernunnos, then what are Albion's remains in the present doing on the Cernunnos landmass instead of another, separate landmass?
    The British landmass kept getting bigger.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Okay, this clears up a lot. So the centennial Calamities are smaller Calamities not necessarily correlating with the Six Great Calamities? Also, when Morgan birthed Fairy Britain anew, did she actually use Chaldean summoning to do so, thus making some fairies look like Servants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Okay, this clears up a lot. So the centennial Calamities are smaller Calamities not necessarily correlating with the Six Great Calamities?
    there's a small Calamity every 100 years or so and a big one every 1000 years.

Tonelico admits to Mash she doesn't actually hibernate between saving people every hundred years, but rather every time she tries to engage with fairy society they are fucking assholes so she just peaces out until the next Calamity.

Also, when Morgan birthed Fairy Britain anew, did she actually use Chaldean summoning to do so, thus making some fairies look like Servants?
    she used summoning system and huge Tree mana to bring everyone back from the dead that got killed by the final calamity which originally wiped out LB6 Britain for good.

They are surprised that several characters randomly look and sound just like people we know but there's no explanation given. since their life circumstances are completely unrelated I just suspend my disbelief, it's really not important to the story at all.

US Friend Code
    It's not any stranger than, for example, Li Shuwen from LB3 who's completely identical to PHH Shuwen in every way despite the radical change in Chinese history.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    she used summoning system and huge Tree mana to bring everyone back from the dead that got killed by the final calamity which originally wiped out LB6 Britain for good.
    So Aurora and Wrynek both died then, but Morgan summoned them both, and that's how they made it past the calendar change?

Also is Aurora a Returned A-Ray or was she just that good to remain on the top for 3000 years?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    So Aurora and Wrynek both died then, but Morgan summoned them both, and that's how they made it past the calendar change?
    It said a small number of fairies survived the apocalypse, including the clan chiefs.

US Friend Code
    And the apocalypse Calamity is why the Lostbelt was a wasteland when Beryl first arrived, before PHH Morgan sent her memories back, right?

Makes me wonder why it was even chosen by the Alien God if it was just an empty lifeless island at first.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    And the apocalypse Calamity is why the Lostbelt was a wasteland when Beryl first arrived, before PHH Morgan sent her memories back, right?

Makes me wonder why it was even chosen by the Alien God if it was just an empty lifeless island at first.
    Considering the Alien God went after ORT for its body, maybe it would have settled for Cenunnos' intact corpse

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Considering the Alien God went after ORT for its body, maybe it would have settled for Cenunnos' intact corpse
    Sounds plausible. He is a stronger being who happens to not even be alive, so it was a win-win until Beryl summoned Morgan. I honestly wonder how much Beryl knew about Morgan prior to summoning her to expect her not to do what she did. Probably enough, but as a psychopathic murderer, he probably couldn't actually empathize with Morgan or realize in any way how her mind worked.

- - - Updated - - -

It said a small number of fairies survived the apocalypse, including the clan chiefs.
    Was the apocalypse Cernnunos or the Insect of the Abyss? Or was Vortigern only summoned after the Queen Calendar started? Or was he the Calamity that killed 2 out of the 6 A-Rays in 11000 F.E.?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    pretty sure you can figure this one out on your own, chief

also play the game, that will help. You're supposed to gradually uncover the history of Fairy Britain as you progress and not see all this until near the end.

That first one was just me musing.

Blog Entries

Either claim Big Fluffy's dead body or reanimate Albion?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I just remembered Vitch saying that Albion's bones are useless for her grand plan but it'll still make good material for what we now know is her mech lol

Blog Entries
    I just remembered Vitch saying that Albion's bones are useless for her grand plan but it'll still make good material for what we now know is her mech lol
    V. Oberon's lines have him being disappointed that Vitch did not absorb Albion's bones. So I wonder what did we miss.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Sounds plausible. He is a stronger being who happens to not even be alive, so it was a win-win until Beryl summoned Morgan. I honestly wonder how much Beryl knew about Morgan prior to summoning her to expect her not to do what she did. Probably enough, but as a psychopathic murderer, he probably couldn't actually empathize with Morgan or realize in any way how her mind worked.
    He didn't actually mean to summon Morgan, he just wanted a Servant who's good at destroying stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Now I wonder if Koyanskaya is Oberortigern' back-up plan in case he fails.

Morgan's big plan made me wonder if she has magic hindsight that let her learn the entire history of LB6 Britain prior to her arrival. Another type of clairvoyance that has been previously described but doesn't get as much attention.

Or possibly, given that she managed to reverse-engineer Chaldea's summoning system and rayshifting on her own with no apparent outside resources, maybe she rigged up a SHEBA too.
    The way she seemingly saw the history of the land immediately upon her summoning, recreated Chaldea's summoning system and Command Spells overnight, and reverse-engineered the foundation of QP at a glance, on top of reconstructing the lynchpin of the world 12 times over, basically has me believe that she can do this precisely because she was the "inheritor of the isle" and its mystery in PHH. If she was the literal incarnation of British Mystery, then it would make sense for her to be the greatest Caster without being a Caster, at the very least while in Britain. It would also explain how she just saw the history of Britain upon her summoning, since she would basically be one with the island, even if it was the Lostbelt one. I think this is also partly supported by the fact that what Beryl got was a Ruler version. When you read about Morgan elsewhere in TM it's pretty often hammered in that she would never ever get to rule (nor is she exactly impartial), but as the inheritor of the isles the PLAN was for her to rule, so I think that fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Speaking of Morgan I found the naming of her Rhongo magic and Artoria's Excalibur magic quite interesting:

Specifically 霊脈 (leyline) on Rhongo vs 龍脈 (also leyline, but more often used in Chinese myth i.e Fengshui, literally means dragon stream/vein) on Excalibur.

I remember these 2 terms being used interchangeably a few times before, but in this case they are used like that. It can be just a naming choice to differentiate Artoria's one (as she has the heart of the last dragon -> dragon stream), or something else. Interesting nonetheless.

I hope her tank looks more boney or shinto at some point, it looks too modern for my tastes (plus its just literally a 1 -1 metal gear rip off)

Was Beryl's Morgan actually a Berserker-class when summoned? If so, I wonder if Daybit did get a zerk after all.