Page 3523 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 252330233423347335133518352135223523352435253528353335733623 ... LastLast
Results 70,441 to 70,460 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I dig the deified military industrial complex thing Koya sorta has going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    So she came from the future? Curious what happened between her and Guda. Guess we'll likely to find out in the next x.5 chapter.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She somehow manages to be less trustworthy than Douman, which is impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Lame how they decided to make playable Koyanskaya a different individual from Vitch, when Douman was explicitly the same Douman we’d fought against multiple times. Type-Moon needs to let women be evil again

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Where is this "playable Koyanskaya isn't Vitch" idea coming from?

US Friend Code
    Presumably from this
    re you perhaps the famed Tamamo no Mae? Indeed, that's the original Divine Spirit I was copied from. But I'm nothing more than her shadow. I'm not one of the tails she cut off from herself. I guess the most intuitive way to put it would be... I am the Tamamo no Mae from another world. Think of me as the Tamamo no Mae who reincarnated in an isekai.
    But I'm not sure if that's the proper way to read it. We'll understand it in some future story chapter I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Lame how they decided to make playable Koyanskaya a different individual from Vitch, when Douman was explicitly the same Douman we’d fought against multiple times. Type-Moon needs to let women be evil again
    Well it's more so think of it like splitting yourself between yin and yang, which I am pretty sure what they are going for. And more so she is still Koyanskaya just playing more "nice" which calling her Koyanskaya adds more weight to her being the "YANG" of Koyanskaya's existence

Which would make a deal of sense if she is Daji, it would make sense she would have the skills to do that

Also I LOVE that Koyanskaya's 1# human that she admires is Hugh Hefner, I laughed my butt off at that.
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; August 1st, 2021 at 10:45 PM.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Presumably from this

But I'm not sure if that's the proper way to read it. We'll understand it in some future story chapter I guess.
    Isn't that just her lying? Douman lied too. I was thinking the whole Koyanskaya of Light business was her larping as a squeaky clean defender of Pan Human History.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    So I suppose a good question to ask is, what is the NFF exactly? Koyan doesn't seem to be their leader, just head of a division, and it seems like they're planning something despite the bleaching. So perhaps they're another area that's safe like the Wander Sea?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    Isn't that just her lying? Douman lied too. I was thinking the whole Koyanskaya of Light business was her larping as a squeaky clean defender of Pan Human History.
    The difference is that Koyanskaya, at least as far as we’ve seen, is incapable of lying, except by omission. This is how she fooled Chaldea into thinking she was an Alter Ego—she just never corrected their misconception. That said, if Light Mode isn’t actually Vitch, anything goes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Her profile directly calls her the CEO.

Maybe ‘Koyanskaya’ is two individuals (it’s mentioned on her Profile that she was an amalgam, but the components were blanked out).

Light Koyanskaya is indeed some sort of alternate Tamamo (though I’m pretty sure she’s hiding stuff), and identifies as a Rabbit. She was the CEO of, and built up, NFF Services during the month before Arc 2. She’s obsessed with weapons, and wanted to become Beast IV, but decided to give up when it didn’t pan out.

Dark Koyanskaya is therefore Vitch, Tamamo’s discarded Tail and identifies as a fox. She was Goredolf’s secretary during the month before Arc 2, and is the one obsessed with monsters. She wants to become Beast V to establish her own identity, and we fought her nascent Beast form in Olympus.

Vitch enters the LBs and collects monsters/information/material, and Koyan uses that in their plots. Back during the prologue, Koyan kept referring to ‘TV’, which meant Tamamo Vitch. At first it was part of her ‘cutesy facade’, but maybe she and Vitch swapped so Koyan could get a look at Fou (the competition); she wasn’t playing coy, she was literally referring to her partner…

They were teaming up until something separated the two. Hence the Koyanskaya we summon wasn’t entirely the Koyan we’ve been fighting against throughout the LBs…she’s missing her partner, hence Koyanskaya of Light.

Together, they’d be [Tamamo Vitch] [Koyanskaya]. Exactly how they described themselves. Well, this is just a theory, but I think it would be interesting. Maybe Vitch will be another summonable Servant (and come with the Tamamo kimono and those sexy LB outfits!!)
    Last edited by Yatsu300; August 1st, 2021 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsu300 View Post
    Maybe ‘Koyanskaya’ is two individuals (it’s mentioned on her Profile that she was an amalgam, but the components were blanked out).

Light Koyanskaya is indeed some sort of alternate Tamamo (though I’m pretty sure she’s hiding stuff), and identifies as a Rabbit. She was the CEO of, and built up, NFF Services during the month before Arc 2. She’s obsessed with weapons, and wanted to become Beast IV, but decided to give up when it didn’t pan out.

Dark Koyanskaya is therefore Vitch, Tamamo’s discarded Tail and identifies as a fox. She was Goredolf’s secretary during the month before Arc 2, and is the one obsessed with monsters. She wants to become Beast V to establish her own identity, and we fought her nascent Beast form in Olympus.

Vitch enters the LBs and collects monsters/information/material, and Koyan uses that in their plots. Back during the prologue, Koyan kept referring to ‘TV’, which meant Tamamo Vitch. At first it was part of her ‘cutesy facade’, but maybe she and Vitch swapped so Koyan could get a look at Fou (the competition); she wasn’t playing coy, she was literally referring to her partner…

They were teaming up until something separated the two. Hence the Koyanskaya we summon wasn’t entirely the Koyan we’ve been fighting against throughout the LBs…she’s missing her partner, hence Koyanskaya of Light.

Together, they’d be [Tamamo Vitch] [Koyanskaya]. Exactly how they described themselves. Well, this is just a theory, but I think it would be interesting. Maybe Vitch will be another summonable Servant (and come with the Tamamo kimono and those sexy LB outfits!!)
    So...

Basically they are two halves of the same existence, which would make sense given Vitch's connection with Daji being brought up, she would likely be able to further do a yin and yang split with her existence. And yeah I have noticed that the two basically identical twins and that the ONLY time we've seen Koyankaya with a rifle was during the prologue, she has not since shown to use guns. So basically they were both working to the same goal of beasthood but well Koyanskaya's plans were dashed when the 6th tail was lost. Essentially the two could work separately, but were essentially linked to the same shared existence, sort of like Anne and Mary but able to be MORE separate from each other. Quite a Shrewd and scheme worthy tactic if that is really the case.

Basically perhaps when she referred to losing the sixth tail, it meant that BOTH of them lost their tail, which made Koyanskaya of Light miss out on her chances becoming Beast IV thus has to improvise with something else.
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; August 2nd, 2021 at 12:13 AM.

Well, yeah. But rather than being one individual split into two, she was two who were working together before something split them apart.

I mean the whole idea with the Tamamo nine and Amaterasu here is that they're all just different sides of the same many sided coin. From what I recall, the demon fox was even supposed to be Amaterasu's dark side or something. Someone else might be able to give more info.

I think we need to give up trying to tie Vitch to Beast V given what her profile says.

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    I mean the whole idea with the Tamamo nine and Amaterasu here is that they're all just different sides of the same many sided coin. From what I recall, the demon fox was even supposed to be Amaterasu's dark side or something. Someone else might be able to give more info.

I think we need to give up trying to tie Vitch to Beast V given what her profile says.
    No, cause being a Beast IV candidate, doesn't mean she was going to be Beast IV(Think of Beasthood similarly to Grand Servants, in that they are not HARDLINED to one existence and can be moved to another that qualifies for the role), Angra Mainyu is a Beast Candidate that didn't ultimately become one.

Which means that Koyanskaya of Light likely failed to become Beast IV because of that loss of Sixth Tail, which basically allowed the White Beast of Gaia in this lost belt to become Beast IV(Due to Koyanskaya being closer to maturing to Beasthood, it acted like a bottleneck for the White Beast's progression that was removed when the 6th tail was lost), which would explain why Fou reacted so fiercely avoidant of this LB, cause it sure as heck wouldn't be Koyanskaya/Vitch that would create that response.

I'm going with "Cernunnos" turning out to be the White Beast of Gaia with the title of Cernunnos "installed" on him to "SLOW" his progression to Beasthood, which would make sense why Morgan would learn how to do that with the fairy knights, cause they were probably tests for addressing one of the pressing threats to her kingdom, that being the White Beast of Gaia among the other threats. Unlike the other threats, only humanity could be able to have the ability to overcome an agent of the gaia, even Morgan with all her prowess, wouldn't be able to fully eliminate what amounts to the "White Blood Cell" of the planet, it's akin to being likely a being on par or even above the likes of a Divine Beast.

(Oh crap I just realized we still have Filia and Gugalanna to face off against proper at a later date, in the Strange Fake Collab that will eventually happen )
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; August 2nd, 2021 at 12:33 AM.

Im gonna laugh my ass of if Koyan's speed up schedule is using the power of horny weebs to make up for her problems/ missing tail (people rolling and leveling and grailing her)

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Im gonna laugh my ass of if Koyan's speed up schedule is using the power of horny weebs to make up for her problems/ missing tail (people rolling and leveling and grailing her)
    Don't laugh too much... it worked for Summer Ishtar. :V

(Which again reminds me that we will be facing off Filia(The description of her character is "add Tōsaka Rin and Luviagelita Edelfelt, divided by two and subtract most of the humanity.") and Gugulanna Proper in the Strange Fake Collab eventually)

Basically while the duality of Light and Dark halves worked in tandem to basically "hedge their bets" on the beasthood progression cause well obviously someone like Vitch would do that, cover all her potential bases and have back-up plans in the event of failure happening with one plan. The duo basically were seperated in their shared goals deviating due to the loss of the sixth tail, basically meant that Light Koyanskaya's goal was "up in smokes" cause she missed the train on becoming Beast IV, which she then settles becoming the Goddess of Weapons instead, which can't fault that logic there. Life gave her lemons, so she made lemonade in this case. Which is to say she WAS a Beast IV Candidate, but essentially ended the race to that in second place essentially to Cath Palug/The White Beast of Gaia beating her there. Which leaves Dark Koyanskaya's Beast V which is more in line with the more Phantasmal Beast nature of her work.

Essentially,they were working together for the same goal for ONE of them to become a Beast with Light trying to get ahead of Cath Palug who had given her an opening by basically erasing all the progress to becoming Beast IV, but Avalon Le Fay introduced a second Cath Palug that wasn't as Benevolent, and Dark going the route of Beast V using all the Divine Beasts she could collect in place of the other 8 Tamamos. I just had a thought, this is essentially Space Ishtar essentially. With a "Good and Bad Halves"

It's indeed a complicated situation, but makes perfect sense with a entity like Koyanskaya Vitch, basically the thinking here is that due to the goal of further separating her existence from the other Tamamos and by extension Amaterasu, Yin Koyanskaya(Alter Ego) severed her own tail via yin yang division, which is what created Yang Koyanskaya(Assassin) who held the discarded tail, now while they were indeed Yin and Yang, they shared the same ambition and goal(To become a being of the same category as Amaterasu but not becoming her), just slightly differing in the routes they were taking, they were not separate entities that shared the same goal, they were shared entities that shared a similar goal in that they were both willing to share the work for the common goal they had, cause if one of them failed, the other would likely succeed in their goal(Or won't due to likely Beast V being Amaterasu, or Vitch will become Amaterasu's very Shadow).

Now that I think about it, it would make perfect sense for Koyanskaya/Vitch to become essentially the opposite of Amaterasu, and who is that? Tsukuyomi, or at least something that likely fills that role. Though that bit is a little out there of a theory.
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Lore Theorist View Post
    No, cause being a Beast IV candidate, doesn't mean she was going to be Beast IV(Think of Beasthood similarly to Grand Servants, in that they are not HARDLINED to one existence and can be moved to another that qualifies for the role), Angra Mainyu is a Beast Candidate that didn't ultimately become one.
    But from all the Grands that we know of, we aren't told that they can be Grands in multiple classes. You're point would make sense if it was the case but it hasn't shown to be and it seems rather unlikely it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by A Lore Theorist View Post
    Which means that Koyanskaya of Light likely failed to become Beast IV because of that loss of Sixth Tail, which basically allowed the White Beast of Gaia in this lost belt to become Beast IV(Due to Koyanskaya being closer to maturing to Beasthood, it acted like a bottleneck for the White Beast's progression that was removed when the 6th tail was lost), which would explain why Fou reacted so fiercely avoidant of this LB, cause it sure as heck wouldn't be Koyanskaya/Vitch that would create that response.
    Kama mentions that only one figure can aim for a particular Beast position at once. If we didn't know that Vitch was set to be Beast IV, I might agree with you but with Vitch there and starting to incarnate, it suggests otherwise, especially if she stays around.

That said, would a Beast in this world even be the same variety of Beasts we've been fighting? Wouldn't it be one for fae-kind rather than humankind?

Now I wonder if these two things are related.
    Spoiler: