Page 3409 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2409290933093359339934043407340834093410341134143419345935093909 ... LastLast
Results 68,161 to 68,180 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

The sprite comics are by far the worst part and any community that enables them deserves to burn

Ah, I see. Those points make sense, yeah.

Though then again, sometimes FGO themselves reduce characters to one-note. Correct me if I'm wrong, but at least in NA Saber Lancelot has been reduced to a milf-hunter who gets Mashu's ire (or Mashu at least get an unknown feeling to smack him) for a while. Not saying I like it, because turning someone genuinely remorseful about what they did in life to a one-note joke is terrible, but I can see why people might get tempted to do that too when the game did it.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

US Friend Code
    Oh it's absolutely a problem for some characters in the game too for sure, but it feels more widespread among the fanbase to me at least.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I mean, is it really a surprise? Memes pass themselves along, and the best memes are the simple ones that somehow click even out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I have yet to laugh at a single sprite comic
    The ones about the FSN pseudo-servants are particularly heinous

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    Yeah, GO reddit unfortunately buries interesting discussion while low effort memes and comics thrive.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    The fact that a lot of the old fanartists have moved on (either to newer games that give them more content they care for or just life stuff changing their schedule) certainly doesn't help, I think.

Well, the content I care for was on the low side in the first place since subreddits not explicitly for stuff with primarily female fans tends to be male dominated

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Not sure if this is what MaxAkito means but their tendency to reduce characters to one-word memes repeated over and over (ie Merlin is known for giving dicks and nothing else) sure does bug me.
    That's not reddit, that's the community in a nutshell. Reddit is only one place where those congregate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    They've consolidated most of their posts to "mega threads" which in concept create a cleaner reddit, however it comes at a bigger cost. Lots of serious discussion is killed and buried under thousands of "fluff posts". There's a filter, but that doesn't change the point because people tag some actual discussion as fluff for some god-forsaken reason. So you have to sift through hundreds of edits and images of anime girls to actually find anything relavent. I'm sure many people know by now that reddit is almost always the top result when you search something on google. This is incredible if you have a question or some niche thing you wanted to google. Mega threads bury this kind of stuff into the oblivion allowing you to search nothing. Granted, I agree with mega threads for gacha rolls, but when all the event discussion is FORCED to a singular thread- it kills discussion. NONE of this would be a problem if it wasn't for the fact r/grandorder is so extremely popular. The most popular place in the community by far, is there always 2-4k people active on it at a time. What Reign says also stands. Characters become all but joke one-notes due to them, and because it's such a central "hub" and that "hub" has such an influence on the community- yeah. Also they're entirely to blame for the atrocious nicknames like "Jalter", "Salter", and whatever the mess is that is "Lartoria". They expedited the spread of those TERRIBLE names so much that they reached Nasu of all people. They've also become a natural hub for people to talk about other TYPE-MOON works, instead of getting posted on the correct Reddit, or talking about their own game, You get posts like "Fate/Apocrypha Chapter 654354". So you have less people going through the respective channels to talk about said works- and instead using r/grandorder, which doesn't seem bad until you realize that if YOU want to talk about the work as well, most likely you have to use r/grandorder. Also they introduced the degeneracy that are sprite comics. I think that's probably the biggest negative impact on the community as whole, or maybe our eyes.

So tl;dr- They've limited discussion of not just FGO but other TM works, introduced terrible nicknames and sprite comics into the mainstream, and slaughtered characters.
    This all boils down to, and it saddens me to say it, boomer talk. Reddit is not uniquely guilty of all these things; FGO itself, in its drive to become popular and accessible, has enabled and invited the type of community that thrives on this sort of low-effort content. You can find it on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, on discord, pretty much everywhere "FGO players" tend to congregate. TM fans have become a minority.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    That's not reddit, that's the community in a nutshell. Reddit is only one place where those congregate.
    Sure, but the format of reddit, where the upvoted posts float to the top for everyone to see and the downvoted posts get dragged to the bottom for no one to see, makes it extra susceptible to lowest common denominator behavior.

While this all seems somewhat true, I think the attitude expressed here is a tad bit elitist. It's not the end of the world that all that shit is happening, and there's no right or proper way to enjoy anything.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's my way or the highway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    While this all seems somewhat true, I think the attitude expressed here is a tad bit elitist. It's not the end of the world that all that shit is happening, and there's no right or proper way to enjoy anything.
    "a tad"

Bit more than that, there are low effort memes everywhere, and the only reason some people are able to pretend X is better is because they dont go there or dont speak the language
    Its like how many people in many communities will make fun of reddit but then they have a official subreddit and the big members use reddit as well

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I don't particularly have an attachment to reddit despite being on it for years myself, the sprite comics are my least favourite newer addition honestly. That being said, I'm not sure it can really be blamed for anything? I've had a worse experience in Fate Tumblr in comparison for example but really which social platform feels worse is kind of a YMMV

- - - Updated - - -

Well, even if I say all that, I don't really have much to say about someone not wanting to share their stuff with reddit

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I don't particularly have an attachment to reddit despite being on it for years myself, the sprite comics are my least favourite newer addition honestly. That being said, I'm not sure it can really be blamed for anything? I've had a worse experience in Fate Tumblr in comparison for example but really which social platform feels worse is kind of a YMMV

- - - Updated - - -

Well, even if I say all that, I don't really have much to say about someone not wanting to share their stuff with reddit

Everyrhing else aside, not wanting leaks to be shared with a platform thousands of people visit daily so as not to cause too much of a stir and potentially alert the JP side of things is entirely valid. I still remember the kerfuffle that caused the death of Viramate in GBF, for example.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    "a tad"

Bit more than that, there are low effort memes everywhere, and the only reason some people are able to pretend X is better is because they dont go there or dont speak the language
    Its like how many people in many communities will make fun of reddit but then they have a official subreddit and the big members use reddit as well
    To me it's not about having the "low effort content", it's about perpetuating it that is the problem to me. I couldn't really care less what other random site #500 does, because it doesn't effect me. I know Tumblr and Twitter have some TERRIBLE content on them- but it doesn't effect me. "Jalter" and "Salter" becoming cannon and used throughout the internet everywhere effects me. Having the low effort content from there thrown everywhere effects me. Their wide spread reach and advertisement potentially causing DW to tighten things up, especially right before Lostbelt 6, effects me. Maybe that's selfish I don't know I'm not the smartest person. I wouldn't call myself elitist though- I don't believe that just disliking something makes you elitist.

I don't know why you assume all those things wouldn't happen regardless even if Reddit didn't exist.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I don't know why you assume all those things wouldn't happen regardless even if Reddit didn't exist.
    I didn't mean to come off that way if I did woops. I think the content based problems would still exist, maybe not some of the organization and moderation problems though. I regret mentioning my personal beefs with r/grandorder due to derailing the threads and perhaps stinging some people the wrong way, (I got some interesting DMs after I posted that), but the point would still stand that I don't think they should be posted there due to DW noticing, especially before LB6.

Everyrhing else aside, not wanting leaks to be shared with a platform thousands of people visit daily so as not to cause too much of a stir and potentially alert the JP side of things is entirely valid. I still remember the kerfuffle that caused the death of Viramate in GBF, for example.
    Didn't it turn out that like 70% of Viramate users were JP tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Didn't it turn out that like 70% of Viramate users were JP tho?
    Never saw any statistic like that and the Viramate dev certainly didn't keep any (afaik at least).

Either way, Viramate was working just fine until some salty Jap who saw a streamer using it started Angrily Tweeting Cygames, and we still don't have all the QoL it used to bring two years and change later. (Not to mention all the people that caught a ban to go along with it).
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Never saw any statistic like that and the Viramate dev certainly didn't keep any (afaik at least).

Either way, Viramate was working just fine until some salty Jap who saw a streamer using it started Angrily Tweeting Cygames, and we still don't have all the QoL it used to bring two years and change later. (Not to mention all the people that caught a ban to go along with it).
    Maybe we should be careful not to accidentally use racial slurs here.