Page 3662 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 266231623562361236523657366036613662366336643667367237123762 ... LastLast
Results 73,221 to 73,240 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Re: last night's brief discussion, bringing up my theory again that this dream sequence from Moonlight Lostroom implies to me the Area 51 alien being experimented on was actually somehow Olga.

If so though I don't know how or why she was being perceived as a plant monster by them. But imo the framing of the images are definitely meant to evoke like, an autopsy, especially the second image.
    What if Marisbilly did what Zouken to Sakura with the Grail and put a little of the plant alien inside Olga and a little inside Chaldeas?

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Re: last night's brief discussion, bringing up my theory again that this dream sequence from Moonlight Lostroom implies to me the Area 51 alien being experimented on was actually somehow Olga.

If so though I don't know how or why she was being perceived as a plant monster by them. But imo the framing of the images are definitely meant to evoke like, an autopsy, especially the second image.
    I mean, I thought this was always clear. We also have "Specimen E", with you can correlate with "Ward E" from DDD, aka where Marine Origa stayed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I always believed in FGO bringing about DDD's revival

True
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >Origa - 檻我 - 'cage', 'I'
    >Literally caged in Origa
    >Marine - 鞠音 'ball', 'sound'
    >Marie - マリー
    >ー - 長音符, lit. "long sound symbol"
    >Sound symbol -> 音
    >鞠 - 'ball'
    >Animusphere

wake up sheeple

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What's Skadi's new interlude about? Survivor's guilt?

It makes me think that she'll be one of the next swimsuits, since her mats mentioned a possible one and Nastya followed up her emotional interlude with a swimsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I hope it's about Napoleon. She did take up most of the screentime in his interlude, so it's only fair.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hon hon baguette man does not appear in this interlude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    What's Skadi's new interlude about? Survivor's guilt?
    Yeah. It's her trauma dumping on CasCu because he's Odin's proxy. Really good stuff I'd already have translated by now if I weren't in the busiest period of my life.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    I mean, I thought this was always clear. We also have "Specimen E", with you can correlate with "Ward E" from DDD, aka where Marine Origa stayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    True
    Then I suppose we won't get DDD Collab until Olga plot point's (about to be) resolved, to go along with the reveal. Right now the likeliest Collab might be with Notes to tie in with LB7's plotlines, or maybe after it. It might even be whatever that white dot is.

DDD feels like girls work, abandoned works

US Friend Code
    People suggest that Girl's Work's concepts are used for Requiem. So in a way, we already got Girl's Work Collab.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Besides, calling Girl's Work simply abandoned gives it too much credit. It wasn't even born to begin with.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Then I suppose we won't get DDD Collab until Olga plot point's (about to be) resolved, to go along with the reveal. Right now the likeliest Collab might be with Notes to tie in with LB7's plotlines, or maybe after it. It might even be whatever that white dot is.
    Going to preface this with I'm not trying to be an asshole or rude or anything, and sorry if it comes across that way. However I am quite certain something like a "Notes Collab" or a "DDD Collab" are nonexistent pipe dreams for a multitude of reasons. While the collab slot is most likely a joint decision between DW Aniplex and TM. The last collab we had that wasn't explicitly advertising something, was in 2017, and it was the CCC collab. 2018, was advertisement for Apocrypha anime stuff, 2019 was advertisement for case files, 2020 was advertisement for requiems second volume (which got delayed lol), 2021 was advertisement for... waltz? I guess? (I firmly believe this one was a TM decision purely because Nasu wrote the waltz collab + he wrote beni event and has been teasing Crane since then, DW also really seemed to enjoy making waltz and the waltz event from interviews/Q and A stuff they did.) Requiem and Case files got super boosted sales from the collabs, and every collab has been on a currently available, or very soon available product. A month ago, we got a stream (the one before the most recent), and they announced right before Golden Week, a new volume of Riyos FGO manga was coming out. A keen observer would of picked that up and realize collab is a possibility, because it's a currently releasing product- something advertisable and something current. This is why I believe Mahoyo wasn't coming (yet), or anything super old. Notes isn't even really on the radar of TM anymore, hasn't been mentioned in a long time and I don't think they include it in their works, it's just something super far in and deep fans know about. I suspected something like Arcade, however it was in consideration that Arcade is also, a Gacha. And Arcade's plan for money is pretty much "We have something they don't, ergo people will spend money on us for the exclusives!" by having a collab with mobile, you're actually actively hurting Arcade's money intake. Realistically a Tsukihime or MBTL collab should of been possible though. Maybe when all the DLC is out, or we have Far Side in 3-4 more years. Mahoyo didn't get one this year because neither the movies, or the rerelease were out yet. I'd expect one when at least the first movie comes out. I really think people should be more down to earth and analytical when it comes to the collabs. Sorry for the long rant.

We're almost there, don't worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by JtheE
    I don't mean the definition of God or belief. What do you imagine when you
    hear "God"?
    -- Nothing. Emptiness. No shadow, no looks, no smell, no feel.
    He understands God like that. It's not that "God is an empty concept", but that
    "God is emptiness itself", half-belief. It's different from my view on that, but it's
    acceptable. Even if I don't know how he thinks, I can understand him.
    “The shape of stars. The shape of cosmos. The shape of gods. The shape of myself.
    Celestial bodies are hollow.
    Hollow is void.
    In void lies God”
    I'm now daily reading my DDD psalms waiting for its return.

US Friend Code
    Going to preface this with I'm not trying to be an asshole or rude or anything, and sorry if it comes across that way. However I am quite certain something like a "Notes Collab" or a "DDD Collab" are nonexistent pipe dreams for a multitude of reasons. While the collab slot is most likely a joint decision between DW Aniplex and TM. The last collab we had that wasn't explicitly advertising something, was in 2017, and it was the CCC collab. 2018, was advertisement for Apocrypha anime stuff, 2019 was advertisement for case files, 2020 was advertisement for requiems second volume (which got delayed lol), 2021 was advertisement for... waltz? I guess? (I firmly believe this one was a TM decision purely because Nasu wrote the waltz collab + he wrote beni event and has been teasing Crane since then, DW also really seemed to enjoy making waltz and the waltz event from interviews/Q and A stuff they did.) Requiem and Case files got super boosted sales from the collabs, and every collab has been on a currently available, or very soon available product. A month ago, we got a stream (the one before the most recent), and they announced right before Golden Week, a new volume of Riyos FGO manga was coming out. A keen observer would of picked that up and realize collab is a possibility, because it's a currently releasing product- something advertisable and something current. This is why I believe Mahoyo wasn't coming (yet), or anything super old. Notes isn't even really on the radar of TM anymore, hasn't been mentioned in a long time and I don't think they include it in their works, it's just something super far in and deep fans know about. I suspected something like Arcade, however it was in consideration that Arcade is also, a Gacha. And Arcade's plan for money is pretty much "We have something they don't, ergo people will spend money on us for the exclusives!" by having a collab with mobile, you're actually actively hurting Arcade's money intake. Realistically a Tsukihime or MBTL collab should of been possible though. Maybe when all the DLC is out, or we have Far Side in 3-4 more years. Mahoyo didn't get one this year because neither the movies, or the rerelease were out yet. I'd expect one when at least the first movie comes out. I really think people should be more down to earth and analytical when it comes to the collabs. Sorry for the long rant.
    I understand the logic behind your argument, and I appreciate the insight. I just think it would be appropriate to have collabs with source materials whence their plot points are taken. If it's not possible, they could make it standalone events that heavily reference them. If they won't do it, then fine.

As for Arcade, at the moment it's about to reach its climax, so there's a possibility that it might end soon. Then ideally, they could exploit it by having the collab right after it in order to ride on that momentum.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I understand the logic behind your argument, and I appreciate the insight. I just think it would be appropriate to have collabs with source materials whence their plot points are taken. If it's not possible, they could make it standalone events that heavily reference them. If they won't do it, then fine.

As for Arcade, at the moment it's about to reach its climax, so there's a possibility that it might end soon. Then ideally, they could exploit it by having the collab right after it in order to ride on that momentum.
    Thats fair, I do think we'll get stuff where their plot points and materials are taken, if not full on collabs. As for Arcade ending, its story chapter may be done, however we know Arcade for a service wont end in the next 6 months, and while Arcade hasn't been insanely profitable, it definitely brings in an alright amount. I could see them doing a mini EoR-type thing before they full on EoS, or they have the prospective cash to go all in for a few more years, who knows, but as of now theres around 6 more months of arcade content.

Blog Entries
    I always thought the pull of Arcade was "Look you can play these Gacha characters in Real Time" and the exclusives were to make up for the fact that you were paying by the [insert time unit here] to play these characters in real time.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
    I always thought the pull of Arcade was "Look you can play these Gacha characters in Real Time" and the exclusives were to make up for the fact that you were paying by the [insert time unit here] to play these characters in real time.
    Arcade started pulling out the real exclusives during the death of arcades in japan due to covid. It's also something to note that they play it extremely safe and only use pre-existing characters or those that will be popular, Proto Merlin, Sita, Setanta, Tiamat. They refuse to innovate because the purpose is bringing in sales. The exclusiveness to arcade is much more of a factor drawing people in. I mean you can see it with how popular Tiamat was, or how major Nemo fans who had never played arcade before, straight up went to arcades just because he was in the story. Arcade is really expensive, you pay per second you play. The new servants and exclusives draw people in more than just "Look it's real time."

US Friend Code
    That Nemo bait is just crafty. Then again, an exclusive Grand Servant could be the real pull, even though so far only partial portrait was shown.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Poseidon being such a pushover is explained in Olympus.

It really bothered me when I first played through Atlantis, but after seeing the explanation I kind of like how it played out in hindsight.
    I just read this part, so I get what you mean. But I suppose that wasn't really my point. The main reason I thought Poseidon was pointless was because it basically prolonged the story after the climax for no real reason - like a movie that ran on for too long after everything was already concluded. The Orion/Artemis climax was perfect so having another chapter of filler really adding nothing whatsoever to the story, especially when it's another threat that isn't even as threatening as the previous one. It'd be like if after defeating Gil/Kirei in the Fate route, there was another 30 minutes post-Grail War where Shirou barges into the Matou house to fist fight Shinji.

I guess there was the Jason/Chiron moment but I don't even think that was handled very well despite thinking Jason was based in Atlantis. Other characters definitely got better sendoffs.