Page 3736 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 273632363636368637263731373437353736373737383741374637863836 ... LastLast
Results 74,701 to 74,720 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That means everything that happens to the body is recorded in the soul, it does not mean the Magic Circuit organ is specifically a part of the soul.

Seems like only tangentially related. Magic Circuits aren't even mentioned there.

Either magic circuits are part of the body's composition, and therefore recorded in the soul, or they aren't.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sure, but that's literally my argument?

Like, they're a part of the body so they get recorded by the soul.

Correct, I'm not seeing the difficulty here.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I don't see a conflict between the two points you're making.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Thanks you all, this helped to clear up some of my confusion

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, they are kinda related to the body. Like, Shirou turns bits of his nerves into magic circuits or something, and Kayneth is almost completely paralyzed by his circuits being destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The argument i guess was the degree there in or related to the soul. Though I do wonder how much trouble circuit transplants are for say... the more odd magi who have animal parts like the ones seen in case files...., that cant be better then normal organ transplant rejection lol

JP Friend Code
    I'm still in the camp of paisen having "Regression to the Age of Gods" type of "circuits" like Beo-kun (same type of entity), Arcueid, Tiamat, Ishtar. So trying to apply magi circuits lore to her is pointless, especially when these Incarnated Elemental's Body is not fixed, can be freely dictated by the Elemental's will. Plus base on Nasu's statement about the Sirius Light being an unnecessary addition to her already perfect body, it is safe to assume that it is attached to whichever body she is using at the time instead.

Actually isnt beo just a incarnated soul, so we could also argue bout cirucits in relation to that lmao

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I'm still in the camp of paisen having "Regression to the Age of Gods" type of "circuits" like Beo-kun (same type of entity), Arcueid, Tiamat, Ishtar. So trying to apply magi circuits lore to her is pointless, especially when these Incarnated Elemental's Body is not fixed, can be freely dictated by the Elemental's will. Plus base on Nasu's statement about the Sirius Light being an unnecessary addition to her already perfect body, it is safe to assume that it is attached to whichever body she is using at the time instead.
    She most probably does, since she's an Elemental.

Not sure if it's all too relevant in this case. They managed to get Sirius Light onto her, so they seem somewhat analogous to Magic Circuits in that sense at least. I don't imagine there's much of a difference because of 神代回帰
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 26th, 2022 at 07:58 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Actually isnt beo just a incarnated soul, so we could also argue bout cirucits in relation to that lmao
    Nope. Saying it's "just" incarnated soul is severely missing the big difference between them and humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    She most probably does, since she's an Elemental.

Not sure if it's all too relevant in this case. They managed to get Sirius Light onto her, so they seem somewhat analogous to Magic Circuits in that sense at least. I don't imagine there's much of a difference because of 神代回帰
    This was why I brought Ishtar up yesterday. She was using a magus' (Rin) body as a vessel for her soul as a divine spirit. And she was shown to be able to use TWO different circuit systems. In the Babylonia anime ep 16, when she got transferred mana from Fujimaru, you can see Rin's circuits glowing blue during that fight with corrupted Ushiwakamaru. However she doesn't use Rin's magic circuits at all when she activates Regression to the Age of Gods in the Underworld Xmas event, which is supposed to be her "magic circuits" as a god. Instead wild red patterns appear on her body. That means these 2 are separate systems. Now Yu Meiren was pretending to be a human magi. So I'd say she could easily create a magi-like body with magic circuits and the SL can be attached to those circuits.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I dunno, I suppose it's a possibility.

Feels like an overly difficult way of explaining it, even if its something that's possible.
    There are no references to her doing it, after all. And I don't think you particularly need it as an explanation, so it feels like an unnecessary layer of complication.

JP Friend Code
    I dunno, I suppose it's a possibility.

Feels like an overly difficult way of explaining it, even if its something that's possible.
    There are no references to her doing it, after all. And I don't think you particularly need it as an explanation, so it feels like an unnecessary layer of complication.
    And I didn't think going balls deep into magic circuits of the magis help any better here, that's the point. Why using normie magi logic to try and explain why a being that transcends humans, who most likely have a type of circuit system predating the True Magics, when we don't know the full details. The assumption that SL also got attached to her "circuits" by using magi logic is flawed in that direction. We have no info that Regression to the AoG it works exactly like human circuits (feels more similar to Authorities), just that "oh it's like it's their style of magic circuits", but that doesn't mean it is the same as human circuits (and Ishtar usage of it in Rin's body shows that they are independent from each other). That is why I offered the alternative explanation, which is simply: she made a body with human magic circuits.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I find it too hard of a conclusion to bring to explain something I don't feel is too important. Mostly because there's not enough hard proof in the story to come to it.

We could equally say that Sirius Light isn't comparable exactly to normal Command Spells because we know just as little about them as we do about 神代回帰. I'm not gonna say its wrong, as I said before, its certainly somewhat of a possibility, but it's not a possibility I feel is particularly compelling.

Another thing is that Hinako was specifically brought on to the project with the hopes of using her True Ancestor physiognomy to cheat Rayshifting. When it turned out they found normal humans with Rayshifiting Aptitude, it didn't matter anymore, but I doubt Marisbury would've wanted her on the project to begin with if he desired her True Ancestor properties, but it couldn't bear the Sirius Light unless she turned herself into something else.

JP Friend Code
    Personally, I find it too hard of a conclusion to bring to explain something I don't feel is too important. Mostly because there's not enough hard proof in the story to come to it.

We could equally say that Sirius Light isn't comparable exactly to normal Command Spells because we know just as little about them as we do about 神代回帰. I'm not gonna say its wrong, as I said before, its certainly somewhat of a possibility, but it's not a possibility I feel is particularly compelling.

Another thing is that Hinako was specifically brought on to the project with the hopes of using her True Ancestor physiognomy to cheat Rayshifting. When it turned out they found normal humans with Rayshifiting Aptitude, it didn't matter anymore, but I doubt Marisbury would've wanted her on the project to begin with if he desired her True Ancestor properties, but it couldn't bear the Sirius Light unless she turned herself into something else.
    And I totally agree.

My responses in the first place was to byegod who asked about the whole magi's magic circuits which I found to be a flawed approach due to her nature and abilities is vastly different from humans, and I tried to explain to him why it is flawed. I always think she just made a body after exploding, or just grab the body part with the CS and throw it away as I said b4 lol.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    TM has been releasing digital versions of the FGO mats, I uploaded them to sadpanda if anyone wants to see them in non-scan quality (NSFW ads obviously, since sadpanda- but who doesn't use adblock)
    I https://exhentai.org/g/2238076/ff9edd42f3/
    II https://exhentai.org/g/2238094/538614f555/
    III https://exhentai.org/g/2238096/8edbbc6f0b/
    IV https://exhentai.org/g/2240803/7a8b98a5d7/
    V https://exhentai.org/g/2257198/6ebc7d7aea/
    VI https://exhentai.org/g/2257199/2dd449f646/

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wish it could've just been a transcript.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    TM has been releasing digital versions of the FGO mats, I uploaded them to sadpanda if anyone wants to see them in non-scan quality (NSFW ads obviously, since sadpanda- but who doesn't use adblock)
    I https://exhentai.org/g/2238076/ff9edd42f3/
    II https://exhentai.org/g/2238094/538614f555/
    III https://exhentai.org/g/2238096/8edbbc6f0b/
    IV https://exhentai.org/g/2240803/7a8b98a5d7/
    V https://exhentai.org/g/2257198/6ebc7d7aea/
    VI https://exhentai.org/g/2257199/2dd449f646/

YOU MY FRIEND ARE A SAVIOR OF HUMANITY! Thanks!

I'm not really sure if there's a better place to ask this than here - I thought of the English thread or the general thread, but seeing as this query is tied to the story of Atlantis and Olympus, I thought it best to ask here, having heard much and having recently cleared both chapters myself.

Am I looking at this wrong, or does the whole dynamic between Kirschtaria and Caenis in Olympus not really...track, I guess, across Atlantis? Don't get me wrong, their dynamic is one of the best aspects of that chapter, and did a lot for both of their characters, but the two of them were largely out of focus prior to that and Atlantis, Caenis especially, and when we see them in Atlantis something about them is...different, I guess. Olympus Kirsch is a bit of a goofball, a man who respects the will of his adversaries, a self-sacrificing pro-humanist of the highest order, and while Olympus was meant to shed light on him, just a chapter prior he seemed aloof, much less inclined to respect his foes (having only been talked out of annihilating Chaldea by the Chaldean) and, most damningly, seemed to betray Caenis, the Servant we are later told he trusts the most to the point where they're the only ones who know exactly what he's planning. Caenis themself also seems a bit mystifying to me. They're out of focus even more, as said, up until the fifth Lostbelt, and what little we see of them paints them as confrontational, pissed off at gods and generally irascible, and only begrudgingly following Wodime at all. Then, in the very next chapter, despite being betrayed by their Master, they swear undying loyalty to them, along with everything the beach scene shows us.

Maybe I'm just not good at reading into subtlety, of any kind. Maybe it all perfectly meshes together and I'm making things up. Maybe, stupidly, I'm thinking that Kirsch ordering the twins to 'take care' of Caenis was a death threat and not something they misinterpreted deliberately just to spite someone they hated. But if clarification could be offered, I'd be extremely grateful.