Page 3050 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2050255029503000304030453048304930503051305230553060310031503550 ... LastLast
Results 60,981 to 61,000 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

It mention something about the appearance of Humbaba? I remember a mention about it being a kind of leon-bear-ogre or I'm remembering another thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    It mention something about the appearance of Humbaba? I remember a mention about it being a kind of leon-bear-ogre or I'm remembering another thing?
    Yeah, on FSF, upon summoning, Humbaba is described like a grotesque lion with spider-like legs. But then it stars to absorb its enviroment and go methalic
    Given they used PFALZ design for Gungalanna, there is some chance they recicled their Humbaba design too for certain forms/ascentions

US Friend Code
    PFALZ Humbaba:

Spoiler:

I could see first ascension is first image, second ascension is FSF design, third is second PFALZ image. Of course like Lobo said this is all just assuming that Gugalanna sets a precedent, he may not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nice Eldrazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Oh wow, is my first time seeing this. That definitely seems tough.

I didn't remember True Berserker to be summoned in a not mechanical form. But well, it has been a long time.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    PFALZ Humbaba:

Spoiler:

I could see first ascension is first image, second ascension is FSF design, third is second PFALZ image. Of course like Lobo said this is all just assuming that Gugalanna sets a precedent, he may not.
    It looks cool
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Maybe each of Morgan's personalities have a diferent goal in mind and each found a different hubby to have kids with
    I've been wondering for a while if maybe Nasu will make Morgause and Elaine (the other two sisters of Arthur on Malory) as the names of the other two personalities of Morgan, or diferent personas she adopted in certain moments of her life
    Feels very Lev desu.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Maybe Uther got it on with Vivian in his youth...

Actually, that would explain why Vivian seems to hate Merlin now that I think about it, if she blamed him for not doing enough to prevent Uther's assassination. :bigthink:
    Well, Morgan having dibs on the lake and Excalibur would count as a hint towards that.

PFALZ designs are fantastic, I hope more of them get included. Gugalanna is one of the best designs in the franchise.

Also, there's a small picture of Humbaba's face in the 5th FSF volume.
    Last edited by CO9p5JMGv!p9; September 9th, 2019 at 07:00 AM.

Looks like one of the Vylon or Herald monsters from Yugioh. Not saying that's a bad thing, mind you, just an observation. I kind of dig the whole ancient Euclidian-geometry angel look.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Interestingly, Morgan was even described in Garden Of Avalon as if she had three different souls in her, so I wonder if it'll tie into that somehow.
    Is that true? Maybe this hints at a possible amalgamation of Morgan and The Morrigan, similar to Scathach-Skadi's situation?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine View Post
    Is that true? Maybe this hints at a possible amalgamation of Morgan and The Morrigan, similar to Scathach-Skadi's situation?
    If Nasu gives us Fergus as a Round Table Knight then maaaaaybe I'll accept more ridiculous 20th Century syncretism theory.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

If Nasu gives us Fergus as a Round Table Knight then maaaaaybe I'll accept more ridiculous 20th Century syncretism theory.
    Is he not a knight of the Lust Table? Getting it on with a lot of women.

The knight part is where he doesn't aim for underage girls.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Is he not a knight of the Lust Table? Getting it on with a lot of women.

The knight part is where he doesn't aim for underage girls.
    Usually they had to aim for underage girls back then because most women didn't live long enough to reach the legal age.

The sad real reason why so many female Servants are so young looking!

Blog Entries
    Putting aside Fergus' IRL history with being Arthur's knight, I would not be surprised if they tried to incorporate the Irish heroes into LB6 via one way or other because of their shared Celtic myth.

Putting aside Fergus' IRL history with being Arthur's knight
    Wait, you sure you are no mistaking the Red Branch Knights, the actual knight order from IRL Ulster Cycle myths, that Fergus belonged to, with the KotRT?
    Because the only relationship I remember between Fergus and Arthur is that Fergus' sword is considered a posible prototype in earlier myths of Arthur's Excalibur. And that is not something Nasu made up but pick up from IRL theories

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Wait, you sure you are no mistaking the Red Branch Knights, the actual knight order from IRL Ulster Cycle myths, that Fergus belonged to, with the KotRT?
    Because the only relationship I remember between Fergus and Arthur is that Fergus' sword is considered a posible prototype in earlier myths of Arthur's Excalibur. And that is not something Nasu made up but pick up from IRL theories
    Here's the thing, Welsh myth tended to just throw in people from whatever the storytellers had heard of even if they are heroes from foreign lands. Hence you get people like Fergus (and others like Conchobar) being one of Arthur's knights.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's the thing, Welsh myth tended to just throw in people from whatever the storytellers had heard of even if they are heroes from foreign lands. Hence you get people like Fergus (and others like Conchobar) being one of Arthur's knights.
    There is a knight in Arthurian myth called Fergus, though he's almost surely unrelated to the character from the Ulster Cycle. In any case you're definitely right about the storytellers tending to just throw things in to make the story more interesting, regardless of whether it "made sense" historically or geographically. That's how you get stuff like Palamedes being a Saracen (i.e Muslim) knight despite the stories taking place way before Islam was actually founded.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    There is a knight in Arthurian myth called Fergus, though he's almost surely unrelated to the character from the Ulster Cycle.
    I'm not talking about the other Fergus' that appear in Malory and the like, I'm talking about Fergus mac Róich who along with Conchobar mac Nessa and Conal Cernach and other Irish heroes are among Arthur's knights in Culhwch and Olwen.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not talking about the other Fergus' that appear in Malory and the like, I'm talking about Fergus mac Róich who along with Conchobar mac Nessa and Conal Cernach and other Irish heroes are among Arthur's knights in Culhwch and Olwen.
    Okay. I'm sure you know more about Arthurian myth than I do...