Page 1009 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 9509909959999100410071008100910101011101410191059110915092009 ... LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,180 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    • Originally, the 6th singularity was born when an individual who was supposed to die midway through the 9th Crusade got his hands on the Holy Grail. A greedy pharaoh was summoned as a consequence, and he ended up stealing the Grail and working to establish his own Egypt domain on the holy land;
    Is this part a typo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    no it's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh. What's up with that, then? I thought there weren't that many (relevant) crusades.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, nevermind, turns out there were nine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

マリーの味方
    camelot prequel when

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    A few random bit's of trivia:

Spoiler:

• The idea behind Mash's NP was developed back in 2005, back when they were working on DEEN's Fate anime (nothing new here). Basically, Galahad was supposed to take Koujirou's place as Ryuudouji's gatekeeper, protecting it by raising up those white walls. Apparently, Saber would't mentally manage to bring herself to use Excalibur against it (sounds like some sort of trauma, if you as me);
    • Also, that magic which Leo used in EXTRA/CCC derived from this - hence the name;
    • About Cursed Arm Hassan, that woman named Salia was just his childhood friend. Their relationship was described as one step short of lovers, but Mr. Hanam departed to became the Old Man of the Mountain before it could develop into something more;
    • Originally, the 6th singularity was born when an individual who was supposed to die midway through the 9th Crusade got his hands on the Holy Grail. A greedy pharaoh was summoned as a consequence, and he ended up stealing the Grail and working to establish his own Egypt domain on the holy land;
    • Seems that a Servant calling himself Richard I had manifested early in the issuing conflict, eventually becoming the leader of the Crusaders. Said Servant was too much different from Richard in both behavior and appearance, but he was strong as a demon;
    • At first, Lion King arrived at the singularity and summoned the Knights of Round by her own power in order to defeat fake-Richard and his Crusaders. Lion King's victory over fake-Richard caused this singularity's name and way of being to change (so I guess that fake-Richard was supposed to be this chapter's final boss originally);
    • When Lion King told the knights about her plans for that singularity, she gave them a choice to either join her or leave until sunset. However, the knights understood that those who did not join her would try to stop her, so a fight to death among them would be inevitable. Among their reactions: Kay disappeared without saying anything, Percival politely greeted his fellow knights and then left to cry alone in a corner and Tristan smashed his eyes due to being unable to look at that sorry situation;
    • Gareth confirmed a girl and seems she had a thing for Lancelot. When she sacrificed herself to restrain fake-Richard's movements in the final battle, the one who dealt the final blow on both of them was her brother Gawain;

Spoiler:
    So how did Lion King get into the Singularity? Was she just at Ground Zero when it happened, or did she somehow enter from outside like Holmes?

Blog Entries
    Camelot/Zero
    01. Midway through the Ninth Crusade, someone who should have died is given a Holy Grail. Using the power of the Holy Grail, the expeditionary force approaches the Holy Land. Dedicating everything to the King of Magic, they set fire to the land and slaughter the people. However, in their greed they summon the Pharaoh. Naturally, the Pharaoh confiscates their grail, creates the Egyptian Territory, and sets about building his own kingdom there.
    02. The expeditionary force loses ground. The one chosen by the Holy Grail is cornered by the people of the Holy Land. But then, a mysterious Servant appears and summons the "False Crusaders." Though this Servant identifies themselves as Richard I, their appearance and behavior are far too different from his. The False Crusaders capture the expeditionary force and occupy the Holy Land.
    03. The Lion King arrives in the singularity and summons the Knights of the Round Table.
    04. The Knights of the Round Table battle the False Crusaders. The expeditionary force is annihilated. The Holy Land falls. The Holy City is completed.
    05. Xuanzang-chan suddenly appears
    06. Chaldea begins the Sixth Grand Order

That's more or less what happened before the beginning of Chapter 6.
    When the Lion King appeared in the Sixth Grand Order, she summoned the Heroic Spirits of the Round Table with her own power.
    (This is different than the summoning method used by Chaldea)
    All but two of the Knights responded to the summons, and were informed of the world's collapse, and how in half a year's time all would be reduced to nothing by the King of Magic. And, the Lion King told them about the "means of salvation by the holy lance," their best hope of counteracting it.
    In the solemn morning glow, the Lion King proclaimed:

"I summoned you knights because I require your power. While I can destroy my enemies alone, I cannot perform the Holy Selection. I need knights that will become my hands and feet. However. I understand that this act violates your beliefs. Will you obey me, or will you leave my side? Or, will you band together here to strike me down? I will hear your answers at sundown. I can wait no longer than that."

And so, the Knights of the Round Table each fretted over their choice.
    There would surely be those who sided with the Lion King, just as there would surely be those who tried to stop her.
    In either case, the enemy would be their fellow Knights.
    Nobody was going to leave. If they disagreed with the Lion King, they had no choice but to enact the death penalty.
    That, in turn, meant fighting their comrades who had chosen to follow her.

Sir Kay was strangely silent, and vanished till sunset without saying a word.
    Sir Percival politely exchanged words with all of the other Knights one by one, and weeped alone.
    Sir Gawain understood the significance of King Arthur calling herself the "Lion King."
    Sir Tristan blinded himself to the tragedy of the situation.
    Sir Lancelot, though he was loathe to admit it, realized that the Lion King's choice was making the best of a bad situation.
    Gaheris resolved himself to parting with his older brothers and younger sisters.
    Gareth never once doubted that Sir Lancelot, whom she revered, would surely choose to aid King Arthur.

After the longest half a day of their lives, the Knights of the Round Table convened before the Lion King, as those that would stop her, and those that would serve her.
    Battle was inevitable.
    No matter what they chose, they would be forced to strike down those who were most dear to them with their own hands.
    Because, the only way to protect the Lion King was to kill their fellow countrymen.
    And, the only way to put the Lion King to death was to eliminate the compatriots standing in their way.
    Neither camp bore any hatred for the other.
    There was only grim resolution.

Like that, the Knights of the Lion King were born.
    They struck down those they loved the most, and became beasts.
    Even if they tried to survive, they no longer possessed the qualifications to be chosen by the Holy Lance.
    They accepted the fact that no matter what they did, they would not be rewarded. They were sinners, doomed to be burnt away with the era.

Then, the Lion King bestowed "Gifts" upon the Knights stained by their comrades' blood.
    Tristan received the Gift of "Inversion," for she saw his fingers were completely frozen from despair.
    Gawain received the Gift of "Everlight," for he wanted to maximize his usefulness.
    Mordred received the Gift of "Rampage." It wasn't asked for, but it was given.
    Gareth received the Gift of "Impurity," for she wished to avoid being defiled any further.
    Lancelot received the Gift of "Ferocity," for he vowed to ascertain the situation as a person, without martyring himself for justice.
    And, Agravain received the Gift of "Needlessness," for he had declared before all that he had no need for a Gift from the Lion King.

The Lion King and her Knights marched into the Holy Land controlled by the False Crusaders.
    Though the False Crusaders were no match for them, the Servant calling himself Richard I was demonically strong.
    "Even the Knights of the Round Table can't possibly defeat this devil without loss. A sacrifice of two... no, three of our own will be necessary."
    As Gawain made that judgment, a single Knight charged forward, restraining Richard at the cost of skewering her own chest.
    It was Gareth.
    Gareth's heart had long since shattered to pieces over the course of their many battles.
    Killing her beloved comrades.
    Killing knights, false though they may be.
    Killing the people of the Holy Land, day in and day out.
    Mummy-like bags had appeared under her eyes, and her lily-white fingers that had once been more beautiful than anyone's were unrecognizably blackened from the washing she performed after combat.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Even though I chose this."
    "I can't bear it any longer. I can't fight any more. Please. Please."
    "I'm a fool. Please, punish me."

It was the perfect opportunity to kill the enemy leader.
    Lancelot froze. He understood Gareth's feelings, but was hesitant to once more do the deed.
    Mordred raged. She had tried to stop her, saying they could win without making such sacrifices.
    Agravain quietly placed his hand on the sword hanging at his side. He understood what must be done.
    However. The one who swung his sword and dealt the mortal blow was Gawain.
    Along with the last remnants of his heart, he bid farewell to his little sister.

Thus, the Holy Land passed into the Lion King's hands, and the Immaculate Holy City manifested itself.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; July 30th, 2016 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Spoiler:
    So how did Lion King get into the Singularity? Was she just at Ground Zero when it happened, or did she somehow enter from outside like Holmes?
    From what I understand, she came from outside somehow.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ans whats the deal with

Spoiler:
    Holmes anywya? I mean, he is a servant rite? Which somgularity grail summoned him? London, Camelot.? Or even way earlier than that?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Ans whats the deal with

Spoiler:
    Holmes anywya? I mean, he is a servant rite? Which somgularity grail summoned him? London, Camelot.? Or even way earlier than that?
    he was asked to take this case by babbage
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    How much KOTrs originally were again? 10?

Also, wait, wasnt babbage enemy in London

I kinda misremember stuffs bout London

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    How much KOTrs originally were again? 9

Also, wait, wasnt babbage enemy in London

I kinda misremember stuffs bout London
    Ten of the twelve. Agravain, Gaheris, Gareth, Gawain, Kay, Lancelot, Mordred, Percival, Tristan, and one other not named (Palamedes?). Bedivere and Galahad weren't summoned.

Babbage was an enemy working with Zoulen, but apparently he also asked Holmes to investigate just what was going on? Double agent perhaps?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finished Camelot. Wow the last battle had great music, and Mash using her NP was incredibly hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How much KOTrs originally were again? 10?

There are people ready to fill their place though like Bors was the next 11
    and Pellinaore is the Roa of the group

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Ten of the twelve. Agravain, Gaheris, Gareth, Gawain, Kay, Lancelot, Mordred, Percival, Tristan, and one other not named (Palamedes?). Bedivere and Galahad weren't summoned.

Babbage was an enemy working with Zoulen, but apparently he also asked Holmes to investigate just what was going on? Double agent perhaps?
    Palamedes is named in Camelot.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    The Lion King and her Knights marched into the Holy Land controlled by the False Crusaders.
    Though the False Crusaders were no match for them, the Servant calling himself Richard I was demonically strong.
    "Even the Knights of the Round Table can't possibly defeat this devil without loss. A sacrifice of two... no, three of our own will be necessary."
    As Gawain made that judgment, a single Knight charged forward, restraining Richard at the cost of skewering her own chest.
    It was Gareth.
    Gareth's heart had long since shattered to pieces over the course of their many battles.
    Killing her beloved comrades.
    Killing knights, false though they may be.
    Killing the people of the Holy Land, day in and day out.
    Mummy-like bags had appeared under her eyes, and her lily-white fingers that had once been more beautiful than anyone's were unrecognizably blackened from the washing she performed after combat.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Even though I chose this."
    "I can't bear it any longer. I can't fight any more. Please. Please."
    "I'm a fool. Please, punish me."

It was the perfect opportunity to kill the enemy leader.
    Lancelot froze. He understood Gareth's feelings, but was hesitant to once more do the deed.
    Mordred raged. She had tried to stop her, saying they could win without making such sacrifices.
    Agravain quietly placed his hand on the sword hanging at his side. He understood what must be done.
    However. The one who swung his sword and dealt with the enemy leader was Gawain.
    Along with the last remnants of his heart, he bid farewell to his little sister.

Thus, the Holy Land passed into the Lion King's hands, and the Immaculate Holy City manifested itself.
    oh my god
    i swear, we better get gareth. she's too amazing

Blog Entries
    Did palamedes do stuffs too when asked either to join or die

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did palamedes do stuffs too when asked either to join or die
    gawain mentions they killed him and pellinore.

Blog Entries
    Why is Pellinore a not-member of KoTR?

I wonder who or what Fake Richard was, if Gawain thought they'd suffer losses/ needed sacrifices Fake Richard probably was very strong.
    Unless gawain has terrible judgement

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I wonder who or what Fake Richard was
    I can think of only one man that is somewhat fitting of Richard's look

that's the ginga bishounen

Blog Entries
    I mean, they literally lost Gareth, so...