Page 3465 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2465296533653415345534603463346434653466346734703475351535653965 ... LastLast
Results 69,281 to 69,300 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    Thanks! And regarding the threats mentioned by MHXX, she only brought up the Great Three ploys (basically the three oldest and most powerful ploys, one of them was destroyed by Aoko though), not Ploy Kickshaw in general though
    The Flat Snark, the Wander Snatch and the Thames Troll.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Speaking of Koyanskaya, i got confused with the whole syncretism. First she is Amaterasu then Dakini and primordial Buddha Vairocana, that being said a Buddha isnt something evil that would threathen the great trichiliocosm.

Vairocana's root of syncretism is coming from an Asura king, the father of Mahabali, that being said Amaterasu said she was a great demon that could threathen the great trichiliocosm, does this mean the Asura King Vairocana was also part of the syncretism considering he is the root of Buddha Vairocana?

Oh, Vairocana also appeared in Mahabarata as a solar deity.
    Aside everything else already mentioned with Nasu taking inspiration from Shingon Buddhist teachings, there's also a bit from Chaldea Ace Vol. 2 where they go into detail with Nasu's weird or obscure Buddhist inspirations, such as practices and changes that occured because of a brief Anti-Buddhist movement during the Meijii era.
    • Tamamo recommended players to visit the Fushimi Inari-taisha, it's a shrine for the fox deity Inari no Okami, and the layout of it seems to be the inspiration for the Millennium Capital in Extella. Xuanzang then wondered that Amaterasu has no connection to the Inari.
    • SemimaruP then explained that the Ise Grand Shrine (affected by both the fusion of gods and Buddhas and the anti-Buddhism movement back then), the shrine where Amaterasu is worshiped, is the culprit. They syncretized Inari = Uka no Mitama = Toyouke no Okami = Dakini-ten and all of them = Amaterasu. That is to make sure the Inner temple (enshrine Amaterasu) and the Outer Temple (enshrine Toyouke no Okami) worship the same deity. And then Nasu picked up on that minor connection -> Fate Tamamo is a fox who has Dakini magic and related to Amaterasu, who also references Inari everywhere she could.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I really wish the shingon buddhist syncretism thing didn't happen, not because of Tamamo but because what Sakurai did with it, she really went out of control with syncretism in mats lmao

What did Sakurai do with it? Don't remember anything from her being as syncretism heavey as Nasu stuff like Tamamo and Space Ishtar.

US Friend Code
    Something something Raikou is Indra or something.
    Buddhism is beyond my dumb American mind.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Seres View Post
    What did Sakurai do with it? Don't remember anything from her being as syncretism heavey as Nasu stuff like Tamamo and Space Ishtar.
    Musashi's mats mostly, they're a headache of syncretism and it comes out like throwup soup. You end up with crap like dai jizai ten = ishana ten = Izanagi = Shiva I don't remember if this is 100% correct but it goes something like that and then you get raikou who gets Sakra=Taikashuten=Indra (which does make sense but still ugh). I don't mind syncretism it just can get annoying in some weird cases.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Ishanaten has a strong association with Shiva IRL, though, and also with Izanagi(?), so unfortunately, that also makes sense. Japanese religion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Musashi's mats mostly, they're a headache of syncretism and it comes out like throwup soup. You end up with crap like dai jizai ten = ishana ten = Izanagi = Shiva I don't remember if this is 100% correct but it goes something like that and then you get raikou who gets Sakra=Taikashuten=Indra (which does make sense but still ugh). I don't mind syncretism it just can get annoying in some weird cases.
    Musashi's mats were by Nasu.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Musashi's mats were by Nasu.
    I know he's listed as her character creator but I still really find it hard to believe he did all the syncretism stuff in her profile. Maybe I shouldn't outright blame Sakurai for it but to me it's sorta her thing at this point especially with all the Raikou stuff and how Musashi is used in the things she writes (Shimosa LB5.2 [granted that was nasu writing her at the very end, but still])

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Ishanaten has a strong association with Shiva IRL, though, and also with Izanagi(?), so unfortunately, that also makes sense. Japanese religion...
    Yeah I know, I've looked into it and the connections are there (except for dai jizai or whatever his name is- they exist but they're really iffy), same with Sakra=Taikashuten=Indra, the connections exist and they are connected, it's just really not fun because it makes everything so messy. There's a lot of sects and a lot of stealing of other gods. I don't think there's any baseless syncretism really, maybe Skadi=Scath lol.
    Last edited by MaxAkito; June 23rd, 2021 at 01:39 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Even Ushiwakamaru has mention of those connections between Jizaiten and Shiva, etc, and guess who wrote her alongside Higashide
    Last edited by Hakuno; June 23rd, 2021 at 01:43 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Damn you Mushroom man!!!!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Bit of a crack theory, but I think Marisbury could have been responsible for Part 1, not just Part 2 as many believe. If Marisbury had access to Solomon’s rings to summon him, he could have known about Goetia and planned around its existence. The fact that Olga Marie gets thrown into Chaldeas, and that this ties into Beast VII’s manifestation, seems way too convenient to just be a coincidence.

If the HF3 pamphlet hadn’t confirmed that Angra could have come into existence as a Beast using Sakura, I would extend it even further to say that Marisbury could have been responsible for Beasts themselves, and that outside of the FGO timeline, Evils of Humanity could exist, but could never become Beasts.

The fact that the Beasts are all apparently “evils for humanity to overcome” that conceptually have to end up losing is also way too convenient, and it reminds me somewhat of True Daemons, and their attempts to “help humans” via idiotic and destructive means (see: Surtr). Since Outer Gods are similar in also being manifested from fiction (see: Raum making Outer Gods “real” via Salem), I don’t see why Beasts, or at least the Beast cycle, could be similar.

The Qliphoth Beasts theory (which I think many of you are familiar with) being Jewish mysticism, and the first Beast being Judeo-Christian in origin, seems somewhat too convenient as well (assuming the theory is correct). It seems as if Marisbury, using Solomon as a base, essentially “wrote a story” and made it play out in reality—Comun has discussed the film and fictional motifs of FGO Part 2 in depth.

Still just shooting from the hip here.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Fairly certain Kiara also has nothing to do with Marisbury and also doesn't exist solely in the FGO timeline. That being said, I think it's possible that he anticipated Goetia and worked the latter into his plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

If not the beast cycle itself, I think marisbullie wants to complete the mission for humanity Gilgamesh talked about in CCC, the conquering of the stars. If humanity defeats the final Evil, AKA the final beast and ends the cycle, can rise beyond the original limits, in other words, this Planet.

I mean, sounds good enough for the Lord of a certain department of the clock tower Who is always thinking about the outter space.

Also, as the modern solomon, the paralelism can't be more appropiate. If the King gave humanity the capacity of using mystics at the level of gods, the Next step is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by lolque View Post
    If not the beast cycle itself, I think marisbullie wants to complete the mission for humanity Gilgamesh talked about in CCC, the conquering of the stars. If humanity defeats the final Evil, AKA the final beast and ends the cycle, can rise beyond the original limits, in other words, this Planet.

I mean, sounds good enough for the Lord of a certain department of the clock tower Who is always thinking about the outter space.

Also, as the modern solomon, the paralelism can't be more appropiate. If the King gave humanity the capacity of using mystics at the level of gods, the Next step is clear.
    This has more or less been a theory that's circulated this forum for quite some time now. Scramble especially gave a lot of hints that work toward this, so it's entirely possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    I know he's listed as her character creator but I still really find it hard to believe he did all the syncretism stuff in her profile. Maybe I shouldn't outright blame Sakurai for it but to me it's sorta her thing at this point especially with all the Raikou stuff and how Musashi is used in the things she writes (Shimosa LB5.2 [granted that was nasu writing her at the very end, but still])
    As far we know, the character creator is the one who handles the profile. If Sakurai was involved there, it would list her too as co-writer as it's the case with other Servants. Also, I think that Nasu is the one who goes harder into syncretism.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Maybe we'll finally get to learn what the Bandersnatch actually does
    Bandersnatch was used in mahoyo against a squad of Touko's puppets.

Thames = Tank
    Bandersnatch = DPS
    Snark = Magical/Support

Holy Trinity
    Last edited by You; June 23rd, 2021 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Also for good measure, I've only read two interludes, Anastasia and Caenis', but here's the rough of what happens in them:

Anastasia:
    Anastasia spends her days in Chaldea thinking about how the "other her" attacked Chaldea and massacred all those people. Someone (it's not said who, but it's some old dude) told her that you know, Servants aren't actually people. They're Ghostliners (BOUNDARY RECORD BANDS), so they are literally just "the record" of something that once was alive. Their personalities and abilities may be based on something historical, but they are fundamentally different existences, and only come into being at the time they're summoned. As such, no matter what she thinks, the Anastasia who attacked Chaldea and the one who's there now are different people.
    She apparently can't accept this fact, however, and so her ice magic seemingly goes out of control in the middle of Chaldea and she's frozen in a block of ice. Medea is there to help and explains that Anya is using magical energy at a rate higher than Chaldea can supply her, so she's gonna disappear. You also can't even do that thing where you "pokeball" servants into their saint graphs for a break time, because apparently that won't stop the energy expenditure (?) so basically, you have to stop her here and now or she dies (as far as servants can die, of course). Medea has a spell for hijacking dreams, so she can send you into Anya's dream where you can talk her down from this. Mashu can't come with you because she's not "compatible" with Anya, so Lobo has to come with you because he's non-human (which I guess means compatibility doesn't matter idk). Geronimo is there to help melt the ice with his sun, and when it's weak enough Ivan breaks through it so that you can reach Anastasia. You have to make close physical contact with her for Medea's spell to work, and someone asks if she means kissing and Mashu basically dies at the thought, but Medea says "holding hands will be fine, but you do whatever you want" so you can actually choose whether to take her hand or kiss her lips when the ice breaks.

Her dream seems based around her thinking while she was Kadoc's servant and her attitude towards people back then and at the end of her life and all. At that time, she did what she felt she had to do, and so it's like "what's stopping me from turning out exactly like that with Gudao as a master?". She spends her times inside the dream attending balls and stuff with her family, sort of "neverending happy days" given to her by hallucinations from Viy (which she asks for, he's not manipulating her or anything). She's also well aware of the fact that if she just stays here like this, she'll disappear soon enough. There's "another her" here (the 3rd ascension one with viy in the background) which basically represents that "guilty" side of her that she thinks she'll inevitably become. Her brother, Alexiel, meets up with you in the dream and leads you to Anya. He also explains that all of this is essentially Gudao's fault, that if they weren't so accommodating none of this would've happened.

In the end, you defeat her "guilty/evil" side inside the dream and basically manage to talk it all out. She asks why you aren't even afraid of her, and you eventually explain that you are in fact a little afraid of her, but you won't go and accuse her of what the other Anastasia did, because it wasn't her. You talk it out some more and she realizes that it's important to let people who care about you and that you care about into your life and not just be stuck on people who didn't actually like you all that much (so you know, all of Russia). At the end, she's in "house arrest" in the Chaldea simulation, and you have a romantic moment on the beach with some "never let go, jack" type shit going on. She realizes that she won't ever fully be able to let what happened go or stop thinking about it, but she can at least now accept that it's not her sin to bear and that's what's most important are the people she cares for and who cares for her.

Caenis:
    Caenis is making a big mess in the kitchen and so Gordolf comes to check what the hell is going on. He figures out that she must obviously be trying to bake the croissant they shared that one day, so he helps her bake it but she can't do it properly cuz you know, that's the joke formula here. To sort of appeal to Caenis more he compares something like this to fighting the lostbelt kings in a real underdog position, like Arjuna without Karna's help, or Zeus without Quirinus. The battles are basically Caenis' chuuni way of visualizing the baking process. After all of that, you make some progress in the baking but she's like "it's no use, it's nothing like the thing he used to eat". At first, Gordolf assumes that she has to be talking about her parents or family or something, and tries to explain that you can't really replicate the love put in by a family member cooking, but then you realize that she's actually talking about Kirschtaria. As such, she should be baking something more modern, something both noble and common, that fits him better. So you help her bake that in his memory.

At the end, she's actually had fun with Chaldea for once, and she monologues, basically saying (a bit paraphrased cuz I only have my discord logs up still):
    "Ah, we spent all day trying to get this together, and it didn't even turn out that great. But we went at it together, Chaldea and I.
    It was an all-in, genuine team effort. They really did that to help me bake bread for you. What a ridiculous bunch, seriously...
    We baked all this and in the end none of it was like what you used to have.
    But well, it's all just a stupid thing in the end, isn't it? Such a stupid, trivial thing...
    Even if it's just a gift you can't accept, I'm sure you're watching over me with a twinkle in your eye. Aren't you, Master?
    No, you're not a Master anymore.
    You're simply Kirschtaria Wodime."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    thanks, time to kill matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Bandersnatch was used in mahoyo against a squad of Touko's puppets.
    Any details beyond it being a cloud with teeth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.