Page 3708 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 270832083608365836983703370637073708370937103713371837583808 ... LastLast
Results 74,141 to 74,160 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Lancelot may have great fame as the best swordman in the round table, but King Arthur is who most people will think about if you ask about legendary swords and swordmen, similarly to how Orion is among the easiest to associate to archery even if there are stronger archers in greek mythology. No need to make things too complicated, especially as Artoria's case gets even stronger considering Fate-specific lore. Quirinus was an exception among exceptions, and even then, Romulus' global fame and influence are at the peak.

Only thing that makes me doubt Artoria's involvement is that we kinda have our own Excalibur now, so she might feel a bit redundant. Unless like, our version is destroyed but we use it as catalyst for her or something.
    Last edited by Kubera; June 5th, 2022 at 04:49 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Well kind of it's still an essence from what I can gather

US Friend Code
    Do we know what the plan is for that by the way? Is it loading it into Black Barrel?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, the Holy Sword Cannon is meant to be equipped on the Storm Boarder.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Do we know what the plan is for that by the way? Is it loading it into Black Barrel?
    Loading it into a sentient chocolate superweapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    No, the Holy Sword Cannon is meant to be equipped on the Storm Boarder.
    Just like how we were supposed to get the Holy Lance to use as a weapon... right?
    It might be a fake out!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rhon was thing we were told to get and had no guarantee of success. The Excalibur cannon is a thing Sion and da Vinci are already building for days, so even if it doesn't do shit, it will be built.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Fair, I see it failing though. Nothing ever gets played too straight in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    Not that any Islamic servant are unwelcomed, but I’d rather have a buildup of the Middle East magecraft, some Islamic servants and then hints of his existence before TM start to even consider him as an option. There’s not much room left in the story for Grand Saber to come, with a likely Grand Berserker in LB 7. The only options left is the final confrontation with the Alien god, and by then there’s no buildup for anything Islamic.

This may also be a bit ignorant, but is he known for anything sword related besides his title? All you’ve really described of him is being a good general and tactician.
    Hailed as the Sword of God while also being an undefeated warrior sure is great, one of the tactics he often used is duel in front of two army, where both army sent their best warrior to duel to death. He never lost a single duel, bet he face and won more duel than Musashi. Also he killed Arabian Chief Deity.

- - - Updated - - -

But I don't think he will make it to game tho, the risk outweighs the benefit.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I mean is not as risky as say the prophet himself since their are plenty of drawings of him compare to the other companions

Still he is quite close to the prophet tho and that alone would make them hard to depict him, I mean even KH got one controversy which makes an artist quit despite KH being a heretic and not an important figure at all.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I wish these controversies never existed it already hard enough to find relatable characters in anime without them

Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Hailed as the Sword of God while also being an undefeated warrior sure is great, one of the tactics he often used is duel in front of two army, where both army sent their best warrior to duel to death. He never lost a single duel, bet he face and won more duel than Musashi. Also he killed Arabian Chief Deity.

- - - Updated - - -

But I don't think he will make it to game tho, the risk outweighs the benefit.
    Didn't know Islamic warfare back then send their bests for duels, you learn something new everyday.

Am I reading this right? Chief Deity? Did you mistype this for something else, or did he kill it in a metaphorical sense, as he spread Islam to where this Deity was worshipped?

If so, can you tell me the name of this chief deity? I would like to see how a "chief deity" jobbed to a human.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    The story quite interesting that Muhammad sent him to basically demolished all the Idols around the Arabian Peninsula. On one of those incidents this happens
    “When the Messenger of Allah conquered Makkah, he sent Khalid bin Al-Walid to the area of Nakhlah where the idol of Al-`Uzza was erected on three trees of a forest. Khalid cut the three trees and approached the house built around it and destroyed it. When he went back to the Prophet and informed him of the story, the Prophet said to him,

(Go back and finish your mission, for you have not finished it.) Khalid went back and when the custodians who were also its servants of Al-`Uzza saw him, they started invoking by calling Al-`Uzza! When Khalid approached it, he found a naked woman whose hair was untidy and who was throwing sand on her head. Khalid killed her with the sword and went back to the Messenger of Allah , who said to him,

(That was Al-`Uzza!)”

Didn't know Islamic warfare back then send their bests for duels, you learn something new everyday.

Am I reading this right? Chief Deity? Did you mistype this for something else, or did he kill it in a metaphorical sense, as he spread Islam to where this Deity was worshipped?

If so, can you tell me the name of this chief deity? I would like to see how a "chief deity" jobbed to a human.
    It just that Khalid confident he never lost a duel and plus with that he can remove threat in battlefield and lower enemy's moral.

Yep, I don't mistype it, the name of the Chief Deity he killed is Uzza the Goddess of War, Might and Protection.
    Last edited by Bunhelier; June 5th, 2022 at 07:54 PM.

Couldn't find any mention of her being a Goddess of War, but that's pretty inconsequential. From what I've gathered, it seems Uzza just kinda... let Khalid kill her? If we translate it into Fate lore, that'll be really messy and weird, given the general rankings of gods. It also seems like she's less of a chief deity of an actual, regarded, pantheon like Zeus or Odin, but an important Goddess of an cult of some region in the Arabian Peninsula. The actual history probably runs deeper than that, but that's how I understand it now.

Can we also change the direction this conversation is going now? I've satisfied my curiosity, and this thread is for FGO lore, which this conversation is definitely not of. It's better to talk about Islamic stuff in the general thread, if you wish.

Couldn't find any mention of her being a Goddess of War, but that's pretty inconsequential. From what I've gathered, it seems Uzza just kinda... let Khalid kill her? If we translate it into Fate lore, that'll be really messy and weird, given the general rankings of gods. It also seems like she's less of a chief deity of an actual, regarded, pantheon like Zeus or Odin, but an important Goddess of an cult of some region in the Arabian Peninsula. The actual history probably runs deeper than that, but that's how I understand it now.

Can we also change the direction this conversation is going now? I've satisfied my curiosity, and this thread is for FGO lore, which this conversation is definitely not of. It's better to talk about Islamic stuff in the general thread, if you wish.
    That's the problem if you only see it on Wikipedia, I got my source from A.I Akram book, well he does wrote the source for every page of the book and he also include a different version for each source so i think it's quite accurate. IIRC in one version Uzza overpowered Khalid's 30 men and Khalid cut her in two with only a single strike.
    She was part of the 360 idol around the Kaaba which mean she is main gods and also no offense but according to pre-islamic religion she is believed as the Daughter of Allah.

Feel free to do so, I just answering questions.
    Last edited by Bunhelier; June 5th, 2022 at 08:24 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Interesting, I heard she was originally from Nabataea and was syncretize with Aphrodite well according the Greeks anyway so she is most likely a part of the whole Ishtar, Astarte, Aphrodite line of the Love and War Goddess thing that they have going on. With some even say that she was the mistress of Heaven. Man, Imagine the awkwardness that is going to happen between Khalid and Ishtar

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    Tezcatlipoca is more likely the LB7 king than Grand Berserker.
    I'm of the same opinion, but still gonna cross fingers for the actual Aztec King or Queen of the Underworld (and Quetz's dog twin brother)*.

Speaking of which, the name of LB7 makes me think something may have gone wrong during the myth of the five suns causing an age rule by death/the underworld

*I would like as well, as an Argentinian, some local none Aztec servants, but I'm tired and run out of hopium/copium for that...

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    Okay, This is a bit biased from but I think there is one person that fit the bill though highly unlikely but if he became grand saber it would be a most welcome surprise. That would be the General Khalid Ibn Al-Waleed. The venerated Sword of Allah, he never loss a single combat or battle in his life and even on his death bed in illness he doesn't seem to have single scar on him. His massive successful campaigns across the middle east area pushing back both the Byzantines and the Sassanids is quite the miraculous feat from him.
    so what he has or he can do against Beast?