Page 3460 of 3513 FirstFirst ... 24602960336034103450345534583459346034613462346534703510 ... LastLast
Results 69,181 to 69,200 of 70255

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

  1. #69181
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,757
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I just hope that like with Gareth, the summonable version will be PHH Percival rather than LB Percival
    So far, only the lost belt kings got this treatment.

  2. #69182
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Concordia Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,068
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I'm betting he's not the PHH percival but just the lostbelt human percival. But who knows, that might effectively be the same thing.
    Hmm... I’m really curious how did Lostbelt Percival come about, after reading this convo.
    LB6, Ch8

    Gudao
    "Because no children are born here?"

    Da Vinci
    "That is the conclusion I came to as well. But there's another issue. We've learned so far that fairies are mimicking human society. It would imply that both of them are the same way. What fairy society lacks, human society also lacks. Meaning... humans in the fairy realm cannot reproduce. The concept of giving birth is lost here. I became certain of this when they didn't use terms like 'parent' and 'child', but 'past generation' and 'current generation'."

    Muramasa
    "Hold up a minute. It makes sense for fairies to come about naturally. They're like nature's limbs in the first place. But how would humans come into existence? They can't exactly come about by themselves, can they?"

    Da Vinci
    "Humans are 'produced'. I do not know if it's something similar to artificial insemination, or a process like creating a homunculus. But they are created individually, without parents or siblings, carefully nurtured, and then shipped off. Of course, marriage customs like husband and wife exist, but they cannot produce offspring. That is what being human in this world is. From our point of view, it's rather inhuman. But for the fairies of this world, it's the way of life... Even Gareth and Artoria wouldn't question it."

    If it’s true, then was Lostbelt Percival
    Spoiler:
    nurtured from birth to be a Round Table knight? Which led him to stage a resistance against Morgan? That shouldn’t be possible when humans in Britain Lostbelt are regulated in ranches. Lostbelt Gareth is a fairy, so she doesn’t count, but Morgan herself calls Percival human.
    My current support slots


    Shorthand for stacking Buffs




  3. #69183
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    So far, only the lost belt kings got this treatment.
    And Odysseus.

  4. #69184
    不明 fumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    LB6, Ch8

    Gudao
    "Because no children are born here?"

    Da Vinci
    "That is the conclusion I came to as well. But there's another issue. We've learned so far that fairies are mimicking human society. It would imply that both of them are the same way. What fairy society lacks, human society also lacks. Meaning... humans in the fairy realm cannot reproduce. The concept of giving birth is lost here. I became certain of this when they didn't use terms like 'parent' and 'child', but 'past generation' and 'current generation'."

    Muramasa
    "Hold up a minute. It makes sense for fairies to come about naturally. They're like nature's limbs in the first place. But how would humans come into existence? They can't exactly come about by themselves, can they?"

    Da Vinci
    "Humans are 'produced'. I do not know if it's something similar to artificial insemination, or a process like creating a homunculus. But they are created individually, without parents or siblings, carefully nurtured, and then shipped off. Of course, marriage customs like husband and wife exist, but they cannot produce offspring. That is what being human in this world is. From our point of view, it's rather inhuman. But for the fairies of this world, it's the way of life... Even Gareth and Artoria wouldn't question it."

    If it’s true, then was Lostbelt Percival
    Spoiler:
    nurtured from birth to be a Round Table knight? Which led him to stage a resistance against Morgan? That shouldn’t be possible when humans in Britain Lostbelt are regulated in ranches. Lostbelt Gareth is a fairy, so she doesn’t count, but Morgan herself calls Percival human.
    Yeah, you're right, that might mean he's a changeling from PHH. Or we don't fully understand the ranches yet.

    Also is that from my summaries lol? How do people even find those when they're not linked anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  5. #69185
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,076
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Someone linked one somewhere I think, that's how I saw them.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  6. #69186
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Concordia Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,068
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Yeah, you're right, that might mean he's a changeling from PHH. Or we don't fully understand the ranches yet.

    Also is that from my summaries lol? How do people even find those when they're not linked anywhere?
    I see, hopefully it’ll be cleared up in part 2.

    So it’s yours? I found it by typing lostbelt 6 “chapter x” on google. Thanks for summarizing the story.
    My current support slots


    Shorthand for stacking Buffs




  7. #69187
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    And Odysseus.
    The Odysseus we summon is 100% PHH Odysseus
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  8. #69188
    professional oberon simp MaxAkito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    186
    JP Friend Code
    Private
    US Friend Code
    780978668
    Thematically a True KOTR vs Fae KOTR is already implied from Caster's third asc. NP, HOWEVER, I think it'll be more like;
    Galahad (Mash), Percival, Gareth vs Tristan Lancelot Gawain
    I see a possibility of Gawain (True) being summoned once we go to Orkney, but I expect his stay to be short like Tristans.

  9. #69189
    不明 fumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Someone linked one somewhere I think, that's how I saw them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    So it’s yours? I found it by typing lostbelt 6 “chapter x” on google. Thanks for summarizing the story.
    Ah okay, that explains that. It's the short ones I did for my friends, yeah, so they're a bit scuffed, namely in how pretty much every name in the entire thing is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  10. #69190
    Black King Inuhanyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,801
    It would be sad to me if the theory going round that casturia isnt actually even arturia in the first place. It seems far more fitting for this to be true.

    We dont have definitive answers yet one way or other right?



  11. #69191
    whydunit Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,438
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    If Percival was able to stand up against a fairy as a human then he'd logically need to be a Servant, and therefore PHH, no?

    Even if he is Lostbelt Percival though I assume the summonable one will be PHH like we've had other examples of in the past; like Gareth in this very chapter.

  12. #69192
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,076
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    He could be Nero. Or Chinese.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  13. #69193
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,788
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    So far, only the lost belt kings got this treatment.
    And the Fairy Knights. And Xiang Yu.

  14. #69194
    whydunit Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,438
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    Valkyrie too

    and Old Li on a technicality since his GO debut was in LB3
    Last edited by Reign; June 20th, 2021 at 12:57 PM.

  15. #69195
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,413
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Absorbing Krishna's Divinity gave him a direct line to take Vishnu's, since avatars and whatnot.
    This, and because Vishnu contains the essences of all the other gods per the Bhagavad Gita, he was probably able to eat them all in short order because of that link. As for whether Krishna was eaten by force or willingly, I'd bet the former, especially since Nasuverse Krishna is actually more heroic than his Mahabharata characterization, and both would realize what a bad idea Arjuna-Over-Gods' plan is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  16. #69196
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,757
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    And the Fairy Knights. And Xiang Yu.
    The knights are the LB ver, but Xiang Yu is PHH ver. stuck in LB body.

  17. #69197
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,788
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Xiang Yu is PHH ver. stuck in LB body.
    So is Ivan

  18. #69198
    吸血鬼 Vampire
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    440
    JP Friend Code
    429479081
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    So is Ivan
    Ivan is LB Ivan with memory issues due to his long time just sleeping. The core of his LB self still exists under the surface as detailed in the interlude, but there is no indication of his PHH self having been summoned. Though the end result is pretty much the same as if they had done what they did with Xiang Yu.

  19. #69199
    リビングデッド Living Dead A Lore Theorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Age
    30
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Thematically a True KOTR vs Fae KOTR is already implied from Caster's third asc. NP, HOWEVER, I think it'll be more like;
    Galahad (Mash), Percival, Gareth vs Tristan Lancelot Gawain
    I see a possibility of Gawain (True) being summoned once we go to Orkney, but I expect his stay to be short like Tristans.
    I could see Mordred in the mix as well, cause thematically she fits here, though likely wouldn't be short like Tristan's cause I mean it's Mordred, she is a stubborn one.

    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; June 20th, 2021 at 05:02 PM.

  20. #69200
    不明 fumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,389
    Remember when Nasu said when servants die in a story chapter they won't come back?

    Yeah me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •