Page 3780 of 3781 FirstFirst ... 2780328036803730377037753778377937803781 LastLast
Results 75,581 to 75,600 of 75620

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle DrStein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    a copy of a copy, beyond worthless
    Kuro in shambles RN.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Kuro in shambles RN.
    did i fuckin stutter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    did i fuckin stutter
    Melt would also like to object to you. With her heels.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Medb did nothing wrong.

She makes a compelling-ish point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Moriarty's second interlude is kinda nice in the sense that it addresses the naivety of just thinking "holmes will come back because he already did so once" (even showing how Chaldea's team knows it's not a given but chooses to believe it anyway) by having Moriarty lay down some more logical reasoning for a possible Sherlock return. Basically, the main point is that, aside from "he came back from the falls once, he can do it again", Chaldea believes he will return because a mystery remains unsolved, but Moriarty doesn't see why any great detective through history couldn't take on that role. Hell, even if you got "sherlock" back, due to throne stuff (when you ignore FGO conveniences) it wouldn't even be the "same" sherlock whatsoever.

However, on the other hand, Holmes played another important role in the Bleaching case. As an Apostle of the Alien, he was directly involved with the case and the Alien God (to an extent), which means, for all intents and purposes, he's a key witness. That in turn means that even if someone took over his role as detective for this unsolved mystery, his role in the case is not over.

Considering how Moriarty's first interlude set up the Traum reveal, this is basically confirmation (if one were needed) that he'll come back, though I would almost presume that in whatever chapter that is (whether it's LB7 or whatever "final third" Nasu has for next year), we'll have Moriarty tag along (because of the second half of this interlude), finally wrapping up the Holmes and Apostle stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's funny because Moriarty's reasoning for why Sherlock is going to come back is essentially the meta reasoning: his plot-line isn't resolved.

That's what I've been saying!

Come back as the enemy mid-boss.

US Friend Code
    We never learned who his component spirits were either.

JP Friend Code

It can be the priest, the old man, the thinking machine, or the guy from the orangutan story.
    My guess is that they are, in order:

- Father Brown
    - The Old Man in the Corner
    - Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen
    - Auguste Dupin (the one I'm 100% sure about because of the orangutan mention and the fact Moriarty mentions it's older than Holmes)

Honestly, I'm still hoping they release another detective Servant like Hercule Poirot.
    Last edited by Oz1337; November 24th, 2022 at 06:15 PM.

If they release another detective servant how do you make them unique enough when Holmes' entire being kinda just encompasses what a detective is, in personality and kit?

I'm just being a fanboy towards Poirot and wanting him to appear in-game, Holmes is still my favorite of the two and I'm very happy they released him and he was similar to how I imagined him to be as Servant (but ffs give him his detective clothes aaaaaa).

What is the moon in Faith Go? In Tsukihime, the moon fed the Arcueid and the vampires. In fate/extra, luna was a super computer. And what is the moon in fate go? Considering that BB and Arcued are in fgo. Is it all happening in one world?
    Last edited by Livandopala; November 24th, 2022 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    0 mention of what happened in the cliffhanger should've been expected I guess, but it's still a elephant in the room for me whenever I read post-Traum dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    My guess is that they are, in order:

- Father Brown
    - The Old Man in the Corner
    - Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen
    - Auguste Dupin (the one I'm 100% sure about because of the orangutan mention and the fact Moriarty mentions it's older than Holmes)

Honestly, I'm still hoping they release another detective Servant like Hercule Poirot.
    Those were my guesses as well. (What if this were the four phantom detectives we saw in that sprite in Shinjuku?)
    Personally, I'm a fan of Miss Marple (not that I don't like Poirot as well). Alternatively, an Agatha Christie servant would be fun, turned her monicker "The Queen of Crime" into a NP or skill and have her compite with Moriarty on who can come up with the best scheme. Grandpa vs Grandma chaotic crime battle

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Those were my guesses as well. (What if this were the four phantom detectives we saw in that sprite in Shinjuku?)
    If it is meant to be a callback to that event, then the fact that they swapped out Dr Thorndyke for Auguste Dupin is very suspicious.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Livandopala View Post
    What is the moon in Faith Go? In Tsukihimе, the moon fed the Arcueid and the vampires. In fate/extra, luna was a super computer. And what is the moon in fate go? Considering that BB and Arсueid are in fgo. Is it all happening in one world?
    Seriously. Explain this point. Or tell me the thread where they will explain.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Personally, I'm a fan of Miss Marple (not that I don't like Poirot as well). Alternatively, an Agatha Christie servant would be fun, turned her monicker "The Queen of Crime" into a NP or skill and have her compite with Moriarty on who can come up with the best scheme. Grandpa vs Grandma chaotic crime battle
    I know of someone who's perfectly qualified to write her:

:^)

- - - Updated - - -

McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Livandopala View Post
    Seriously. Explain this point. Or tell me the thread where they will explain.
    Well, the Fate worlds had their encounter with Crimson Moon in 300 AD. It's just that there the mages succeeded in getting rid of him for good, unlike the Tsukihime worlds, where his influence still lingers.

Basically, the answer is still Moon Vampire.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Christie's work is still under copyright, so
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly