Page 3314 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2314281432143264330433093312331333143315331633193324336434143814 ... LastLast
Results 66,261 to 66,280 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

The thing is excalibur 'thing' is pure power, and you think it would talk about the seals so it feels weird that marmy is stronger even if its myth accurate.

I dont mind but i feels weird
    Last edited by Byegod; August 11th, 2020 at 12:23 AM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Nasu I'm begging you let Emiya give her Excalibur and say 'Can you keep up with me?' you reference-loving fucker.

arashi i know you're reading this, put a bug in his ear you know you want to
    I want this too, and also, miss you Arashi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    If Marmyadoise > Excalibur that makes the whole "Archer is herc best class" really weird.

I get it Hydra poison is op and herc spent most of his life as an archer.

But Nine Lives + Marmyadoise like what you suppose to do now?

Nine lives+sword = exquisite technique.
    Nine lives+bow = giant dragon lasers.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    So I keep hearin' "in myth" this and "mythologically" that about Marmyadoise/Marmalade but seein' as how I'm an uneducated bumpkin who ain't never heard of such thing before... where the heck did this thing come from?
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 11th, 2020 at 03:20 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Same. Which Arthurian legend is it in?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    I think it's the same legends where Excalibur is given to Gawain hence Excalibur Galatine. Marmyadose powercrept it.

Might have been in the beard stealers loot.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Same. Which Arthurian legend is it in?
    From what I get it should appear in the "History of Merlin" portion of the Vulgata cycle. Marmiadoise was the sword of King Rion (Rience). When Arthur saw it, he desired it "more than any city" and battled Rion for it. At the end, he killed king Rion with his own sword. After Arthur obtained Marmiadoise, he gave Excalibur to Gawain.

I'm not an expert of Arthurian lore by any means, so feel free to correct me.
    Last edited by Herod; August 11th, 2020 at 03:40 AM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    So where does the whole "sword of Hercules" come into the picture? Most Arthurian writings tend to be not too hot on Hellenism, as I understood it.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

So where does the whole "sword of Hercules" come into the picture? Most Arthurian writings tend to be not too hot on Hellenism, as I understood it.
    from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prose Merlin
    And the Kynge Arthur smote so in the malle that he helde before hym in bothe hondes that he kutte the helve asonder faste by the hede, and yet was it bounde with iren. The stroke was grete and rudely smyten and discended upon the corner of his shelde that he slitte it to the bokill; and with the plukkynge of his swerde agein to hym, he made the Kynge Rion for to stomble, that was sory for his brasen malle that he hadde so loste. And than he leide honde to his swerde that was oon of the beste of the worlde, for as the booke seith, it was som tyme Hercules, that ledde Jason into the Ile of Colchos for to fecche the flees of goolde; and with that swerde dide Hercules sle many a geaunte in that londe where Jason ledde Medea that so moche hym loved; but after, he hir failled, whereas Hercules hir dide helpe by his grete debonertee. And the booke seith that Vlcan iforged that swerde in the tyme of Adrastus, the Kynge of Greece, that many a day hadde in his tresour. This same swerde hadde Tideus, the sone of the Duke of Calcedoyne, that day that he dide the message to Ethiocles for Polemyte; and in his comynge homwarde with the same swerde he slowgh fifty at an hill. And after wente this swerde fro hande to hande and from heir to heir that now hath it the Kynge Rion that com of the lynage of Hercules that was so noble and hardy.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/...s_british.html

Quote Originally Posted by Annius Viterbo's pseudo-Berosus Antiquitatum Variarum
    Viterbo invented six kings of Gaul:

• Samothes also called Dis: a son of the biblical Japheth. First king of "Celtica", some 200 years after the Flood. Viterbo claims that Britain was once called Samothes in his honor, but there is no other record of this. Identifying him as Dis shows familiarity with Caesar's claim that the Gauls claimed descent from Dis Pater, as well as an understanding of the common culture between Gaul and Britain.
    • Magus son of Samothes; his name derives from the Latin term for a magic-user.
    • Saron son of Magus
    • Druis son of Saron: credited with founding the Druids; obviously this is the origin of his name.
    • Bardus son of Druis: credited with founding the Bards; again, this is obvious from his name.
    • Albion son of Neptune: for whom the isle is named Albion. The name Albion goes back at least to Ptolemy. He was a giant who invaded Britain, killed Bardus, and ruled the island for forty-four years. At this time, Hercules invaded and overthrew Albion.

Holinshed's Chronicles
    Ralph Holinshed's influential Chronicles borrows and expands on Viterbo's list, making them kings of Britain:

• Samothes
    • Magus
    • Sarronius
    • Druiyus
    • Bardus
    • Longho
    • Bardus Junior
    • Lucus
    • Celtes: Celtes is sometimes mentioned in Roman histories as a supposed ancestor of the Celts.
    • Albion (invaded Samothea)
    • Hercules (defeated Albion)
    • Celtes: in Greek myth, he is the son of Herakles by Keltine, daughter of Bretannus
    • Galates: Galates is named as a son of Herakles in Diodorus' Bibliotheka.

Some stories also have Herc as a king of Britain.

Every mythology is a giant mess that makes no sense and contradicts itself all the time.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Castoria 3rd ascension my room lines have lot of spoilers lol.

"Galant the smith forged it and Sir Vulcan carved it; there were three goddesses to temper it and three fairies to carve it. Never on account of any blow will it bend, nor will it ever be burned by rust, nor will there ever be a man hurt by it who will heal from the wound."**

So, the sword is made by Vulcan the Roman God of Blacksmith, Galant who is from Norse, and 3 unnamed Goddesses + 3 Faeries
    So this sword also seems to be special,
    As it has been created by multiple deities
    Also Vulcan/Hephaestus gave it magical runes so maybe it has Primordial Runes?

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    What makes a sword a holy sword anyways? Marmyadose is forget by a god so doesn't that make it holy? well, is kinda alien tech but in PHH it should count as holy, right?
    Every sword made by a god isn't a holy sword, just like how every weapon made by a god isn't a divine construct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Either Geoffrey of Monmouth or his sources created a new Trojan prince, Brutus, just so he could settle on the island and give it his name - hence "Britain". The Historia is also the work which gave Caesar his magical sword, Crocea Mors.
    So yeah, invoking the Classics wasn't anything new by the time of the Vulgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Every mythology is a giant mess that makes no sense and contradicts itself all the time.
    You should see how many mythos reference other mythos to realize the true clusterfuck

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    yeah it was forged by Hephasteus
    I don't understand, how can does she have a sword that Hercules had?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I don't understand, how can does she have a sword that Hercules had?
    Because according to the Vulgate Merlin, the sword was passed down from person to person till Arthur won it battling king Rions
    I don't know why are you surprise about it when Charlemagne's paladins, Mandricardo and others fought each other for Hector's weapons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    From what I get it should appear in the "History of Merlin" portion of the Vulgata cycle. Marmiadoise was the sword of King Rion (Rience). When Arthur saw it, he desired it "more than any city" and battled Rion for it. At the end, he killed king Rion with his own sword. After Arthur obtained Marmiadoise, he gave Excalibur to Gawain.

I'm not an expert of Arthurian lore by any means, so feel free to correct me.
    I just checked the Arthurian Name Dictionary by Christopher W. Bruce (totally recommendable for a quick search when Nasu goes with this obscure references) and yeah, seems the sword only appears on the Vulgate Merlin and a later english retelling of that source

Interesting, the horse Spumador mention on the profile comes from Spencer's The Faerie Queene, is this the first time this source got referenced in some way? Are we gonna see Fairy Queen Gloriana (Elizabeth I) on LB6?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://old.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/co...my_room_lines/

Castoria lines. So much speculation fuel here lmao. She's definitely the LB6 partner, and I really think the Lostbelt should have been released before her.
    Last edited by asterism42; August 11th, 2020 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.