Page 3680 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 268031803580363036703675367836793680368136823685369037303780 ... LastLast
Results 73,581 to 73,600 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    She also has a line saying that Lostbelt and PHH are same for her, while in-story she admits the Fairy Britain is false island and Vortigern was right eating it.

And "I don't like Albion's dragon" when she barely even interacted with Melusine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    What's so bad about Agartha again, I thought it was fine
    While the plot in theory might sound alright, in practice I believe it was very poorly executed. Scheh is good in concept, but extremely annoying to listen to talk for that long because her actual justifications fall fairly flat. The rest of the cast is just kinda sucky because they don't exist to further the story (or their own character stories, for that matter) in a meaningful way, but only really exist so that Minase can jerk off to his own writing fetishes throughout the whole chapter. Almost every character that appears in the chapter is extremely flat and one-dimensional, being given a single character trait and then that "plays out" while waiting for the story to move on and just sort of forget about all these other random plot points that are stuffed into the chapter at large.

What asterism mentioned is a thing I know people think about it, and while I don't remember thinking about it explicitly at the time, it's not that far fetched to think that it might've left a bad aftertaste subconsciously as a result.

It's certainly a very different kind of bad compared to heian, which just fails wholly in terms of actual writing concepts, but it's bad nonetheless in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What was the Concept of Heian anyway that make it so bad.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It’s another Sakurai boss rush like Shimousa and Olympus, aside from Tsuna and obviously Douman, every boss is only introduced in the “arc” where they’re defeated.

Blog Entries
    I still don't see Agartha being as bottom of the barrel as Septem, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Heian for that matter. Septem need its own category of astonishingly bad (referring to your choice of ranking).

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    What was the Concept of Heian anyway that make it so bad.
    I'll just link this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    I still don't see Agartha being as bottom of the barrel as Septem, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Heian for that matter. Septem need its own category of astonishingly bad (referring to your choice of ranking).
    Really, the whole list was fairly hastily made, and also very "after the fact" with me trying to recall things from chapters that had by that point completely been stricken from my mind (IIRC it was at the time when Comun posted his own tier-list and I brought up the general topic with some other friends, so it was also very casual then). What I do want to do, whenever I feel bored enough, is just go back and read everything again from the start. At this point I remember so little about anything except for the overarching plot for most of Part 1, so I don't think it'll be boring in that sense (though it might be more boring in the sense of them not being even close to Part 2 standards). Go through it all and be more detailed in my note-taking and writing down my thoughts so that I am actually able to properly and cohesively reference back to it instead of guessing at my own memories. And that is also likely to give me a better idea of how I really think some of these chapters should be ranked. Like how you say Septem needs its own tier of bad, because in this moment right now I remember so little of it, and meanwhile I remember so unfortunately much of Heian that it​ is what I want to have a separate tier for.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    There's honestly not much to remember in Septem, it was so barren, absolute nothingness given form. I can say something positive for just about every chapter and event regardless of whatever criticism I have towards it, even something like Guda Guda 3 that I mostly thought was a waste of my time, Septem is just a void

The only criticism I will accept against Guda3 is that we still didn't get the Nobu costume.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I cannot forgive one character having THREE whole death fake outs or anything regarding Okita Alter, I apologize ( ̄ヘ ̄; )

I'll be honest I don't even remember much of anything before guda4, even though I love that event series. I just remember the outfit.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    1 had two Nobus or something I don't recall. It had Okita and Poster Girl and that's what mattered.
    2 was a cancer grind and had Hijikata.
    3 had uwu pls roll me (very hot)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I mean i guess you could say septem isnt as long as heian or agartha as a plus compared to them?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    IIRC, chapter 4 in particular was insanely text heavy for no benefit to itself. It's like whatever editor works on these chapters just skipped it entirely.
    Is that the part where Sakurai turned Murasaki's narrative argument from The Tale of Genji into a dialogue between Kintoki and Kaoruko? Because if it's that one, I can see the editor giving the scene's pass for thinking it's the coolest thing you can do with a Murasaki Shikibu character. It's also an obvious clicking for all the Tale of Genji intertextually that permeates the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    A bunch of plotlines also end up not mattering at all, like Kintoki being an 8th master
    Kintoki wasn't an 8th Master. In the epilogue, he was feeling miffed about being Douman's Master, so Seimei made up a story about the living Douman being his own Master to make Kintoki feel better. Seimei's claim is that Douman's Command Spell were visible on this hand the whole time, which is in easily confirmable lie for the player who can check back on past scenes. But most importantly, Kintoki and Douman are by far the most compatible Master-Servant pair in the Grail War, in their own weird way.

Kintoki's story is that he's a poorly adjusted feral child who was made into a warrior due to his immense strength but never figured what exactly warriors fight for. He has a lot of emotion, but it's a jumbled mess he spends the whole chapter trying to organize, as he was thrown into a competition for a wish-granting device, which is a situation that induces him to question what kind of wish he's supposed to hold. Until he gives a slightly more concrete shape to his goal and aspirations, Kintoki is all power and no will. Every boss battle in the first half of Heian is Kintoki confronting someone with a clearly defined wish and feeling inadaquate about his own ill-definedness for it, and Kintoki's only real mid-boss battle in the second half is him directly asking Yoshitsune, a warrior who lived a full life, what is supposed to drive him.

Meanwhile, Limbo is an Alter-Ego the Alien God created with the purpose of being a nuisance to the Lostbelt kings. Just an evil clown made from the mold of a historically hated onmyouji filled with historically hated gods. He just obediently followed the goals his Master summoned him for, because until the climax of Olympus, he had no wish of his own. In seeing Olga he finally visualizes his ideal, and in getting respawn-blocked by Pepe, he gets the urge to do something about it in the last chance he's got. He starts Heian a step ahead of Kintoki due to having a concrete image of his fulfilled self thanks to the Alien God, but his overarching characterization is very much another man who is all power and no will in arc about finding his wish. And the conclusion to his arc is him failing to become his strongest and evilest self precisely because he lacked the emotion that was nourishing the wills of every other major Heian character.

And the final trigger for both the Master and the Servant is their conflict. Kintoki is, in his essence, so generically heroic that it's only in facing the so generically villainous Douman that he can find himself at his most natural element, and vice-versa. Being what each other need to realize their development is a form of Master-Servant compatibility. They're basically the opposite of mirrors, only in rejecting each other that they can finally see themselves.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    early chapters of FGO were obviously made like generic gacha game story because no one knew this game would survive.

why ppl critique them now like it's cool thing.

JP Friend Code
    Not a good excuse since some of the later storylines and events were also just as trash if not worse. And Orleans which came before Septem was actually decent for its scale and what it set out to do. You can keep simping your favorite writers, but you can also acknowledge they fuck up sometimes.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Not a good excuse since some of the later storylines and events were also just as trash if not worse. And Orleans which came before Septem was actually decent for its scale and what it set out to do. You can keep simping your favorite writers, but you can also acknowledge they fuck up sometimes.
    yes they all suck at writing gacha game story.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Snip
    Now that's new. I'm always curious of who Kintoki's Servant was. But that leads me to pondering of the reason Douman would commit his being as Servant into the ritual that requires Servants to be sacrificed. He could just leave himself out of it and watch safely as other Servants die to complete his ritual, and only intervene if things don't go his way.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    He could just leave himself out of it and watch safely as other Servants die to complete his ritual, and only intervene if things don't go his way.
    That's pretty much what he does. The first half of Heian is a Grail War, where Douman needs 7 Servants dead to turn his Grail into his Fantasy Tree. Tsuna killed Helena, Cagliostro, and Paracelsus. Kintoki killed Babbage. And then Kintoki beats Tsuna in a Genji meeting to decide whether or not they should quit the Grail War, so the fight is cancelled with Medea, Nursery, and Douman still alive.

Second half is Douman summoning his hachoujin Servants to be absorbed into the Grail and we killing them with Seimei's seals so they won't add to the defeated Servant count. And then, when Douman runs out of guys, he completes Fantasy Tree by sacrificing himself, using Chernobog and Itzpapalotl to make himself count as 3 guys. It was overall good contingency plan, since sacrificing himself to the Grail really didn't harm Douman's ability to interact with the other characters all that much.

Blog Entries
    do you actually play the english version to read the story or is there an lp archive thingie or script rip somewhere (i know there is a probably ripped script somewhere but i wonder if there is an lp archive thing) ?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I only read summaries by fallacies in spacebattles forum.