Page 3727 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 272732273627367737173722372537263727372837293732373737773827 ... LastLast
Results 74,521 to 74,540 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    Oh yeah didn't they say that they were making a pole if part 3 is going to have a new protagonist or not. Maybe this was the plan with that vote of we get a new protagonist for part 3
    No.
    Nasu said that about "Chaldea", that Part 3 may be still about Chaldea, or not.
    Kadoc is part of Chaldea too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I want it so Part 2's finale focuses on Olga. She's full of self-loathing and nobody liked her when she was the Director, except Lev for obvious reason. And she's unceremoniously taken out of the plot from the very beginning. Once she comes back(?) as is she would be way out of the loop and not changed much, unless something happened in-between that she's actually aware of.
    I bet Olga herself would be focus of very last 3 chapters or something.
    See Goetia. A radio silence until final fight with Solomon, when it's finally explained who he is and what does he want.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    No.
    Nasu said that about "Chaldea", that Part 3 may be still about Chaldea, or not.
    Kadoc is part of Chaldea too.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet Olga herself would be focus of very last 3 chapters or something.
    See Goetia. A radio silence until final fight with Solomon, when it's finally explained who he is and what does he want.
    Goetia is a good enemy as they don't try to force him down our throat to feel for him. So we can see him objectively and decide to like him or not. Olga is being forced down our throat and characters are supposed to feel something for her. But whatever screen time in FGO she has, she was either a bitch or was dying, and that was years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Goetia is a good enemy as they don't try to force him down our throat to feel for him. So we can see him objectively and decide to like him or not. Olga is being forced down our throat and characters are supposed to feel something for her. But whatever screen time in FGO she has, she was either a bitch or was dying, and that was years ago.
    I'm not sure how "we saw her three times, one is 7 years ago and another one two years ago" is "forcing her down our throat".
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    I think it's more that they are course correcting quite a bit with her and it could potentially ring hollow in the end depending on how they end the story.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    All will be forgiven when they give her a swimsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Add in another vote for the (probably) won't give a shit for the Olga plot crew.

Nasu would need to write his ass off to make me care about her at the very last second for me to consider the plot line anything more than a needless digression.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    At least I'll enjoy it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Olga reveal was the moment the Alien God plotline became good.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    At least I'll enjoy it.
    Honestly same, I know Olga has gotten all of her screen time since her "death" outside of the game, but I fully expected her getting thrown into Chaldeas ("never ending death" Lev? Get real, if you wanted her dead just kill her once and properly with no ways to work around it) to pay off, and while Olga was haughty and grumpy she was just acting tough to seem like a strong leader, to keep Chaldea together, so she wasn't a truly bad person who deserved what happened to her, however things resolve seeing more of her is interesting to me and hopefully she'll get better, if Gordito has shown us what someone in a similar situation can be like after character development I don't see why people would expect Olga to stay awful.

...And also we'll get more explanations on the whole Animusphere mystery, and her crest, magecraft, possibly her birth and all that, but I just expected her to get saved at some point and to grow more as a person.
    Last edited by Rockxas; June 14th, 2022 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Typos.

I wonder what her life goal would be now when Lev is dead and gone (and I assume his death is a QTL if a timeline is to survive).
    Since all I remember about her in Prologue is obsession with Lev, and Fate likes to keep that for characters' traits.

As for Animusphere, yes, although I just remembered again that Holmes failed to research Animusphere after 2 years (he said he will do it right after Alien God's advent) and "died" without explaining anything. I hope Kadoc will find something in his place at least.

US Friend Code
    I like Olga from the stuff she's gotten elsewhere (Lostroom, From Lostbelt, Case Files, etc) but I do think it's a problem that just in GO itself you knew her for twenty minutes and she was a bitch for all of it. Just looking at the game there isn't really a reason for the player to like her or care about saving her.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Reminder for everyone to read the least, yet most canon manga of all: Melty Blood Back-alley Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I like Olga from the stuff she's gotten elsewhere (Lostroom, From Lostbelt, Case Files, etc) but I do think it's a problem that just in GO itself you knew her for twenty minutes and she was a bitch for all of it. Just looking at the game there isn't really a reason for the player to like her or care about saving her.
    Talking about From Lostbelt, I still don't understand who is the person seeing dream about Marisbury and Olga here:
    Spoiler:

Is that Wodime? That isn't Olga as he/she misses side braid and loli Olga is in his/her dream.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what her life goal would be now when Lev is dead and gone (and I assume his death is a QTL if a timeline is to survive).
    The same goal she had before, being valued by people.

I like Olga from the stuff she's gotten elsewhere (Lostroom, From Lostbelt, Case Files, etc) but I do think it's a problem that just in GO itself you knew her for twenty minutes and she was a bitch for all of it.
    To be fair, she's a bitch mostly to Fujimaru, who is entirely in the wrong in their situation.

Just looking at the game there isn't really a reason for the player to like her or care about saving her.
    I think that just looking at the game your reasons to like her or care about her after part 1 are any and all reasons to like and care about Gordito, the reason the MC and Mash couldn't leave him to die was his whole "I've never been acknowledged" thing near death, the same that Olga pulled off, seeing those similarities they jumped to save him, and look how far he has come from being an annoyance whose position was acknowledged just for the sake of humoring him, I think it's clear that Gordito is what Olga could have been if she had been given the option to stick around, and that shows us that at her core she can be just as good a person that deserved to be saved like Gordito was.

Talking about From Lostbelt, I still don't understand who is the person seeing dream about Marisbury and Olga here:
    Spoiler:

Is that Wodime? That isn't Olga as he/she misses side braid and loli Olga is in his/her dream.
    Couldn't it just be a grown up Olga? I'm not familiar with the work but that's where my my mind jumped to

Grown up Olga also does have a sidebraid.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just looking at the game there isn't really a reason for the player to like her or care about saving her.
    The parallels between her and Goredolf are honestly enough for me. That single scene in the prologue coupled with his scenes since then did all the work they needed to get me to care about her.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The parallels between her and Goredolf are honestly enough for me. That single scene in the prologue coupled with his scenes since then did all the work they needed to get me to care about her.
    This. Using Goredolf to make the audience feel sympathy towards Olga was a masterstroke from the mushroom.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    I mean, Goredolf's whole point was that they couldn't let another director die, if both of them were swapped and the same story happened, one would still be gimped in terms of character while the other gets to go on. Because really, he feels like an actual character in GO while Olga was just a plot device to give the story stakes.

I have no issues with her getting a do over but it's funny how they have gone outside of GO to make her more likeable.