Page 3299 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2299279931993249328932943297329832993300330133043309334933993799 ... LastLast
Results 65,961 to 65,980 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Something something Helena beeps the spirits of the other guys with SI Units to their name and they make Tesla a fursuit Mystic Code to surpass Edison's, cue Tokusatsu battle, Tesla gets a costume unlocked with gears and shit

So easy, so simple, doesn't put out the abomination that is Romus-Quirinus

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You're forgetting the fact that LB5.1 had Charlotte Corday play a pivotal role and wind up assassinating the sneakiest man ever to exist. If the author wanted to, they could've written Tesla in even if it was something as absurd as "As long as Zeus exists, I am his antithesis so I will also exist! *punch Zeus in the face* ". It's hardly the first time something like that would happen either, remember Gil fucking summoning himself from the dead ao he could stick it to Tiamat???
    Just because the writer can write w/e they want doesn't make that they should do it just so you guys can have your Tesla vs Zeus, no matter how nonsense it is. Tesla is no Gil, he was also in an environment so deviated from human history (lostdepth A++). Gil was in his own era, was able to use all of his king authorities and possible means in his own world, completely different and irrelevant to Tesla's case in LB5 where all he got was his brain. All of his shenanigans might have worked in panhuman history, but it doesn't do shit in a history where he doesn't even exist and rocking technology beyond tech existed on the planet. His genius mind was the only thing he could use, and he used it excellently, and that was cool. A metaphorical punch from an underdog to the almighty being, is vastly superior to a physical punch scene set up by ridiculous writing that you guys are suggesting, just for a lame joke.

JP Friend Code
    Tesla v. Zeus is at best a meme, at worst - powerwank fuel. If Herc had to be shafted for Jojo memes and Musashi wank, I don't see why Tesla's any different (and I say that as a Tesla fan).

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Something something Helena beeps the spirits of the other guys with SI Units to their name and they make Tesla a fursuit Mystic Code to surpass Edison's, cue Tokusatsu battle, Tesla gets a costume unlocked with gears and shit

So easy, so simple, doesn't put out the abomination that is Romus-Quirinus
    Except that none of that would do anything to Zeus. Helena did create a super mystic code that allows the usage of every single magecraft system she knew, but just after 1 usage of each magecraft, the Olympus side already figured out ways to nullify that foundation.

Romulus was not the only one summoned, fucking Ares was there, Caenis connecting to Poseidon authority was there, Mashu using Athena's greatest conceptual shield Aegis was there, Musashi with Ares' authority was there. It's Poseidon + Athena + LB Ares + Panhuman Ares + Supreme god of Rome + Zeus ONLY USING 35% OF HIS AUTHORITY.

So stop acting like Romulus was there doing all the work and that he can be replaced with superman Tesla. Maybe actually read the chapter to fully grasp the scale of the situation first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    Tesla v. Zeus is at best a meme, at worst - powerwank fuel. If Herc had to be shafted for Jojo memes and Musashi wank, I don't see why Tesla's any different (and I say that as a Tesla fan).
    Musashi did not get wank. She cuts an empty void space, aka achieved what the 5th book of the Book of Five Rings - the book of Void - said: the way to cut things you cannot see, the true essence of Musashi. Old Man Musashi wrote the book in his last years of life, so he already achieved what female Musashi did earlier in life before writing the book, and female Musashi was missing that very last bit. I don't see how that is wank when Muramasa literally cuts Atlas in half with one swing of his nippon steel sword. THAT is wank.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Romulus was not the only one summoned, fucking Ares was there, Caenis connecting to Poseidon authority was there, Mashu using Athena's greatest conceptual shield Aegis was there, Musashi with Ares' authority was there. It's Poseidon + Athena + LB Ares + Panhuman Ares + Supreme god of Rome + Zeus ONLY USING 35% OF HIS AUTHORITY.
    Do you see the myriad of bullshit there is here? There is absolutely no reason to leave out the guy who goes around claiming to be the Modern Prometheus who stole Zeus' Lightning and gave it to humanity. Specially if said guy is also in dire need of screentime, since his previous roles were building a staircase of lightning and being throwaway boss, and later showing up ar the end of a chapter to hold back the Pillar(s) of the Week. Instead he is a ghost on a screen telling you what his also ghost crew has put together in the garage so that others can get the job done.

JP Friend Code
    Do you see the myriad of bullshit there is here? There is absolutely no reason to leave out the guy who goes around claiming to be the Modern Prometheus who stole Zeus' Lightning and gave it to humanity. Specially if said guy is also in dire need of screentime, since his previous roles were building a staircase of lightning and being throwaway boss, and later showing up ar the end of a chapter to hold back the Pillar(s) of the Week. Instead he is a ghost on a screen telling you what his also ghost crew has put together in the garage so that others can get the job done.
    Except that what he did in the LB was literally stealing the LB's technology and gave it to Chaldea to use. He was the mastermind, he figured out Zeus' true capabilities, he set up the alliance with traitors on Olympus side, he used his brain to get the job done, unlike certain people who wants raw powerlvl battles for the sake of a meme.

I would also add that Romulus-Quirinus fits better with the whole narrative of Olympus. I mean the whole human-god hybrid that sets a foundation for the future with a tree.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I also don't see much point in making claims that are ultimately hollow
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I draw the line at what I like, even when it seems arbitrary.
    Darling, with this you have proved yourself the ultimate definition of hollow.

There's nothing more hollow than an apologist and his claims, because they ultimately amount to nothing but 'this is good because I like it'.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    My point isn't that Arthur is a poor warrior, it's that he's a poor swordsman (compared to other legendary swordsmen). Which is why losing his magical sword is so important to his legend
    Insert "Well, yes, but actually no" meme.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    I would also add that Romulus-Quirinus fits better with the whole narrative of Olympus. I mean the whole human-god hybrid that sets a foundation for the future with a tree.
    It's also poetic because Jupiter (Zeus) + Ares (Mars) + Quirinus being at the same place forms the Archaic Triad of Rome, meaning Tesla and co's godbreaking plan literally turned Olympus into Rome, symbolizing the fall of ancient Greece to the Romans.

Blog Entries
    You want megawanked Tesla, go read Sakurai's VN's. She's got a whole series dedicated solely to Tesla wank.

Caligula pointed it out well in the Aphrodite fight. If it weren't for her falling in love with a human(Anchises) there would have been no Rome. Quirinus being the trump card fits the PHH vs LB5 setup very well.

JP Friend Code
    I don't want "megawanked" Tesla, I want this SSR unit that has been around from year 1 to finally get his moment to shine, his day in the limelight, like every other bloody SSR unit has (multiple times on occasion).

I've already given up on everyone getting their spotlight long ago, but I had hoped being a potential banner bait would at least prop him up a bit.

JP Friend Code
    I don't want "megawanked" Tesla, I want this SSR unit that has been around from year 1 to finally get his moment to shine, his day in the limelight, like every other bloody SSR unit has (multiple times on occasion).

I've already given up on everyone getting their spotlight long ago, but I had hoped being a potential banner bait would at least prop him up a bit.
    spotlight 1: Tesla - this genius scientist who is famed for being an inventor and not a brawler, managed to crack the secrets of this advance alien technology from another universe, using what he had on hands and Helena's UFO (also alien tech) as material to make a spaceship, designed a supercannon on the spot, designed the first Grand servant summoning system that also gives you a mecha god of war, came up with a way to defeat the enemy far beyond humans, managed to turn him and his allies' own demise (their spirit cores) into the ultimate trump card for a revenge from the graves.

spotlight 2: nonsense wank to set up a scene of Tesla punching Zeus.

Yeah no, I'm satisfied with 1. Man got his due spotlight, in a way that is not only fit his character as a scheming genius, but also did not rely on conceptual bullshits.

Blog Entries
    Bradamante, Sitonai and Arthur would like to have a word.

They blew his first chance, his second appearance and Summer event for miserable London writing in-between the end of investigation and Goetia's arrival, lame interactions with Edison, sure. But his Olympus' role was far, far, far better than half of SSR Servants. The scenarios thrown around here are significantly worse than what he actually accomplished in the story through Chaldea.

JP Friend Code
    Arthur has his trial quest and is fated to deal with a Beast, Sitonai played big roles in both Halloween and LB2, Bradamante stole Quetz's christmas special

I'm just not satisfied with Tesla being the man behind curtains just giving us a summary of all the cool shit he did before we arrived
    Last edited by Zork Knight; July 13th, 2020 at 04:21 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sitonai played big roles in both Halloween and LB2
    I don't know about Halloween but Sitonai's role in LB2 is worthless, honestly not much better than Tesla's appearance in America.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    If Tesla was a selectable support his role was better lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

can we get an F in the chat for servants who got a bunch of interludes when the game was new and the writing was total garbage? archer gil comes to mind, since I doubt he'll ever get an actually good one since they wrote three shitty identical ones in rapid succession