Page 3681 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 268131813581363136713676367936803681368236833686369137313781 ... LastLast
Results 73,601 to 73,620 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    That's pretty much what he does. The first half of Heian is a Grail War, where Douman needs 7 Servants dead to turn his Grail into his Fantasy Tree
    FWIW we know this is a way you can make a Beast because it's exactly what Manaka does
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Is that the part where Sakurai turned Murasaki's narrative argument from The Tale of Genji into a dialogue between Kintoki and Kaoruko? Because if it's that one, I can see the editor giving the scene's pass for thinking it's the coolest thing you can do with a Murasaki Shikibu character. It's also an obvious clicking for all the Tale of Genji intertextually that permeates the first half.
    Think it was, yeah.

snip
    That mirroring of characters is something I didn't really think much about, but it makes sense. Perhaps it just never really crossed my mind because even remembering it was Douman's chapter became increasingly hard at times since he doesn't really make a proper appearance until very late.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    early chapters of FGO were obviously made like generic gacha game story because no one knew this game would survive.

why ppl critique them now like it's cool thing.
    The only early chapter that has been dumped on in the last couple of pages is Septem, which has literally always gotten shit, it's nothing new. Besides, "it's made like generic gacha story" doesn't grant it immunity to criticism. It can be generic and we can still point out why it's bad (or less bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    do you actually play the english version to read the story or is there an lp archive thingie or script rip somewhere (i know there is a probably ripped script somewhere but i wonder if there is an lp archive thing) ?
    There are multiple, actually. Rayshift can insert the NA scripts into the JP version up to where it exists (otherwise it uses human TL or MTL for chapters nobody wants to bother with) if you want to actually read it in-game. For scripts formatted more like lp archive would be, you have both Atlas where you can check both NA and JP scripts for a given chapter, including backgrounds, sprites, sound effects, bgm etc, and then you also have Lib's compilation which has the NA scripts + human TL for the others (I think at least?), formatted more like a cohesive text script but without any of the other assets that Atlas shows.

If you wanted to actually read through the chapter but not in-game I'd probably use Atlas since it gives more context to scenes, but Lib's is especially great for quickly looking up references since it's all on one page (for Atlas you'd have to go through the script search function mostly).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    early chapters of FGO were obviously made like generic gacha game story because no one knew this game would survive.

why ppl critique them now like it's cool thing.
    Septem was so bad that Sakurai apologized for it. It being an early chapter doesn't excuse it one bit, even Okeanos was pretty decent.

JP Friend Code
    Heian chapter is basically shounen protag vs cartoon villain, and I enjoyed that.

My biggest problem of that chapter was the boss rush and barely any of the newly introduced bosses such as not!Yoshitsune and Ibuki have characterization whatsoever.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Douman/Limbo was able to relieve Fujimaru's burden a bit thanks to him sticking to Villain role till the end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Heian chapter is basically shounen protag vs cartoon villain, and I enjoyed that.

My biggest problem of that chapter was the boss rush and barely any of the newly introduced bosses such as not!Yoshitsune and Ibuki have characterization whatsoever.
    Sakurai just sucks at cast management.

Her "hero teams" are usually weirdly small, to the point where it doesn't feel like they have enough manpower to actually accomplish what they're supposed to be doing, and her "villain teams" are massive and bloated, with tons of unnecessary boss fights against characters with no characterization.

Sakurai needs to stop trying to do the whole "shonen bad guy team" thing and just keep the antagonist cast small.

Yuga Kshetra only had, what, five antagonists? That was probably the best chapter in terms of balancing antagonists.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sakurai best chapter was Gotterdamerung, not so coincidentally the only one that wasn’t a boss rush.

マリーの味方
    Honestly I feel like Gotterdamerung had the opposite problem where it just felt completely empty and like there were not enough characters involved.

Blog Entries
    I agree with both of you.

LB 2 had the least cast bloat of any of Sakurai's FGO chapters (aside from Camelot), but it felt empty considering we only really had two allies.

Sitonai should have been a main player.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    They team up together near the end, so it balances up.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar

Atleast Not!Yoshitsune(Which at this point I'm completely confused on what the hell is Taira No Kagekiyo is anymore, is she a completely delusional Yoshitsune that just has the stamp of Kagekiyo, somewhat delusional Yoshitsune who is somewhat controlled by the Kagekiyo or completely controlled Yoshitsune) has an event which TRIED to fix that.

Apparently Tunguska didn't do a damn thing for Ibuki-Douji past show her being a "Big Deal" Servant which we long could have guessed...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Honestly I feel like Gotterdamerung had the opposite problem where it just felt completely empty and like there were not enough characters involved.
    It worked for the setting, which was deliberately empty.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    It worked for the setting, which was deliberately empty.
    True, I thought the same while writing the post. LB3's setting also very felt empty (even with more characters), which was understandable given the premise of the lostbelt.

That said both chapters were imo the worst lostbelts chapters. Of course they had other issues too but the emptiness certainly didn't help. It's a bit harder to actually care about the whole "we're destroying their future!!!" guilt tripping when all we really see of their world is like one little girl. LB4 was a bit better in that regard, being also smaller in scale but still doing a better job at making us care about its inhabitants.

JP Friend Code
    Characterization of LB inhabitants are always hit or miss anyways. So far I stand by my opinion that LB1 and LB6 had the best characterization of their inhabitants.

US Friend Code
    Patxi's crying scene is still a top 5 GO moments.

- - - Updated - - -

The Yaga seeing the stars at the end too.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    That rendition of twinkle twinkle little stars still tug my heart strings

マリーの味方
    Characterization of LB inhabitants are always hit or miss anyways. So far I stand by my opinion that LB1 and LB6 had the best characterization of their inhabitants.
    LB6 is definitely in a league of its own being an actual civilization and not just a bunch of villages populated by faceless people but yeah, LB1 was based.

I do think it being the first lostbelt helped slightly, given it could really hammer down on the "yeah, we're screwing over this world" without it feeling overdone. It does feel like the writers avoided going as hard on the guilt tripping afterwards sometimes given how heavy it was in LB1. But still, the Patxi farewell and Salieri closing the curtains were great moments.

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I remember when I used to have hope that the proto Arthur teasing from his trial quest could result in a LB6 storyline with him. Good times.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Hard to top a tripartite like that.