Page 3313 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2313281332133263330333083311331233133314331533183323336334133813 ... LastLast
Results 66,241 to 66,260 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's just me making a nitpick tbh. It doesn't really matter.
    Nah, it makes sense! To be honest, I doubt the writers will go beyond "it's a cool reference", but maybe they'll surprise us.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Castoria Bond CE
    "This is surely how you will prevail.To meet the other me, with not a single similarity, and not a single difference.

The first bell brings darkness. The second bell brings falsehood. The third bell brings glory. The fourth bell brings truth. The fifth bell brings certainty. The sixth bell brings light.

The voices of the bells ring out across the promised land.

For the once and future King, who will one day live again. For the dawn of the true tomorrow that will surely come someday."
    ?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    I guess it will make more sense after LB6.

Blog Entries
    The CE is called 'The Promised Time', btw
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    The first bell brings darkness.
    The evening bell announces the first Grand we've seen, Grand Assassin, the class who hides in darkness to kill. 暗殺 even has the kanji for dark.

The second bell brings falsehood.
    The second Grand was Solomon, a Caster who removed himself from reality. And I guess later had his husk filled by the falsehood he created (Goetia).

The third bell brings glory.
    Third Grand was Orion and he did awesome stuff.

The fourth bell brings truth.
    Fourth was Quirinus, the guy with the civilization-making powers that can potentially overwrite the alien god's fictional worlds, maybe.

The fifth bell brings certainty.
    Assuming the Grand with Daybit is Berserker, Grand Rider will either appear in Hell Mandala, appear in LB6 and fail to solve the problem with our glorious series mascot's help, or appear in the first half of LB6 if it gets the LB5 treatment.

The sixth bell brings light.
    Grand Saber will be the once and future king, this other Arthuria with no similarity or differences.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I assumed it'd just be Dark Souls LB6 mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a Nasu chapter, so yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

US Friend Code
    What if Grand Saber is a living Saber returned from Avalon

Blog Entries
    That would make her a crappy Grand, given that she got her ass thoroughly indoctrinated by a nascent threat to humanity in Heaven's Feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    What if Grand Saber is a living Saber returned from Avalon
    That's exactly Arthur's situation right now
    I mean, not sure on the alive part, but he is a "Saber kick out and send to work returned from Avalon"

Quote Originally Posted by Marros View Post
    Welp, given it's more than likely Castoria who will be our Artoria rep for LB6, I'm guessing regular saber isn't going to show up there, so that's annoying.

Also, does every new Artoria need to be stronger lore-wise than the Original?
    I mean saying she’s stronger than the original is an assumption. That said she likely has more because she isn’t actually a servant but instead a lostbelt person.

Beyond that we don’t even know in what way Herc Sword is stronger. For all we know it’s a super anti-unit sword or a doubles strength stat sword or something.

With what we’ve seen so far I think Saber mana bursts past most beams and outswords her as a king, Saber, and someone with better stats+instinct if we had to do a silly 1v1 debate anyway.

Btw, didn't saw it mention, but Caster Artoria's NP changes name on her third ascention:
    ラウンド・オブ・アヴァロン
    真円集う約束の星

Quote Originally Posted by Marros View Post
    Welp, given it's more than likely Castoria who will be our Artoria rep for LB6, I'm guessing regular saber isn't going to show up there, so that's annoying.

Also, does every new Artoria need to be stronger lore-wise than the Original?
    If Artoria is Grand Saber then I imagine she'll be saved for the grand finale rather than being used in a penultimate LB.

Side note, if LB Artoria never became king, then maybe the LB King is Saber Morgan. Also, Castoria's bond line about Medb essentially confirms Mab/Titania is in LB6, furthering confirming an Irish presence.
    Last edited by VTKajin; August 10th, 2020 at 06:40 PM.

Damn, I was curious about the concept of Caster Artoria but after actually getting it why it fucking bothers me to no end? is this my limit with Artoria?

Also, it couldn't have be that the sword that struck down Sefar was Marymyadose?

No, because when they made that reference it wasn't because Excalibur was just a strong sword, it was because it was a holy sword like the one used, so unless it also turns out that marmyadose is also a holy sword that's VERY similar to excalibur, just stronger output or whatever, then I doubt that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if 2.6 is written by Nasu or not. If so, we might get to experience Merlin's journey as he guide Artoria Lily into King Artoria, leading her to her eventual death but still got her gratitude and a final farewell on how he might be her first love.

We might do the same for C.Artoria and she give the same answer to MC as she waits for the end of her belt which she ended willingly on on Chaldea's side, or maybe after a grand battle after finishing off the Belt's king.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nasu I'm begging you let Emiya give her Excalibur and say 'Can you keep up with me?' you reference-loving fucker.

arashi i know you're reading this, put a bug in his ear you know you want to
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Nasu I'm begging you let Emiya give her Excalibur and say 'Can you keep up with me?' you reference-loving fucker.

arashi i know you're reading this, put a bug in his ear you know you want to
    But according the her profile, she got's Herk's sword which is even better than Excalibur for her third ascension, so that star-forged is old toy?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nice sword, but it's not the sword.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    No, because when they made that reference it wasn't because Excalibur was just a strong sword, it was because it was a holy sword like the one used, so unless it also turns out that marmyadose is also a holy sword that's VERY similar to excalibur, just stronger output or whatever, then I doubt that.
    What makes a sword a holy sword anyways? Marmyadose is forget by a god so doesn't that make it holy? well, is kinda alien tech but in PHH it should count as holy, right?