Page 3431 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2431293133313381342134263429343034313432343334363441348135313931 ... LastLast
Results 68,601 to 68,620 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    The last one has mythological precedent, but I wonder if CasCu might actually be a bunrei of Odin or something like that?
    Working with the Gaulish Mercury or Esus connections most likely. There could be other things at play here, though. Like Cu being a descendant of the One-eyed Irish Allfather, the Dagda, through both his mother and his mortal or fairy father (not Lugh, but Fergus’s brother whose name escapes me). Or how Setanta, a name with interesting meanings, doesn’t appear to be an Irish name, and seems to have connections to the Gaulish Mercury, among other figures. It all depends on the research that TM has done into this rather large topic.

Since we’re talking about the Gaulish one, this may also be worth mentioning: I believe there are records where Wotan is referred to as Mercury.

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nasu used the reincarnation elements in Cu’s actual mythos (eg his older birth story) to tie all these things together.

US Friend Code
    Someone posted on Twitter that Mash say something like this at some point: "I am a Shefield knight and Bogard wife... Even if I regain my memory, this fact does not change ... So I'm sorry ... "

Can anyone confirm or that person was trolling?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huralok View Post
    Working with the Gaulish Mercury or Esus connections most likely. There could be other things at play here, though. Like Cu being a descendant of the One-eyed Irish Allfather, the Dagda, through both his mother and his mortal or fairy father (not Lugh, but Fergus’s brother whose name escapes me). Or how Setanta, a name with interesting meanings, doesn’t appear to be an Irish name, and seems to have connections to the Gaulish Mercury, among other figures. It all depends on the research that TM has done into this rather large topic.

Since we’re talking about the Gaulish one, this may also be worth mentioning: I believe there are records where Wotan is referred to as Mercury.

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nasu used the reincarnation elements in Cu’s actual mythos (eg his older birth story) to tie all these things together.
    Yeah, Wotan was absolutely conflated with Mercury in Roman sources. They also had Thor(?) = Heracles and Tyr = Mars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Of course if you have toe powercreep the DAA, you also have to powercreep those who face them, which in turn would require worldbuilding adjustments which I dont think nasu will bother to do.

I dont see why he wouldent make arc even more insane considering the situation if it really is true that tsuki re was the basis for fgo and they inevitably will cross over. Og tsuki seeming more and more isolated as its own thing. Plot wise it wouldent really change much besides make arc and by default shiki that much more scary. Everyone else doesnt really have much to do with that in the novel so it seems easily doable

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    new term
    Field Fae:
    When the Mors came, I had no choice but to leave. There does not seem to be many Mors in the north so fields are freely established. Mors often appear in the south, so only powerful fae leave the cities. The fang clan exclaims "Death is a part of battle!" and endures a little better, but a low ranking fae like me who doesn't have an
    Astrality
    alien common sense
    can't even touch the Mors.

@畑の妖精
    それは、モースが出ると[r]放棄せざるを得なかったからです。
    [k]
    @畑の妖精
    北部ではモースはあまり出ないらしく、[r]畑を自由に作れるそうですが、
    [k]
    @畑の妖精
    南部は頻繁にモースが出るので、[r]街の外に出られるのは力のある妖精だけ。
    [k]
    @畑の妖精
    牙の氏族は“[#戦に死はつきものだ!”と[r]やせ我慢で少しだけ耐えられるそうですが、
    [k]
    @畑の妖精
    私のように“[#異界常識:アストラリティ]”を持たない下級妖精は、[r]モースに触る事さえできないので……。
    [k]
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWolf View Post
    Someone posted on Twitter that Mash say something like this at some point: "I am a Shefield knight and Bogard wife... Even if I regain my memory, this fact does not change ... So I'm sorry ... "

Nah, don't have the guts to go throught with something like that and if true the outcome is gonna be half-hearted.

US Friend Code
    Speaking of Mors, so far does there seem to be a connection to them and the "primeval cursed energy of the British Isles" that Vortigern and Morgan use? The translation I'm keeping up with called the Mors the "curse of Britain" which is reminiscent.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, Wotan was absolutely conflated with Mercury in Roman sources. They also had Thor(?) = Heracles and Tyr = Mars.
    Yeah, I’ve seen similar things said about those figures. Thanks for confirming the Wotan thing, by the way. That’s one I don’t always remember.

Thinking about it a bit more, this stuff with Cu and Odin could be a succession thing. Think Baldr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWolf View Post

Nope, nothing of such was said or hinted in the story. Seems Bogard flew out of her mind once she regained her memories in Norwich. Besides, under Nasu, MC makes it clear that he doesn't give a damn anyway and put his/her life on the line for Mashu. The whole thing was a twisted way for Nasu to show and strengthened the bond between MC and Mashu, while dealing huge damages to C. Artoria's self esteem.

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Addendum: I intentionally omitted Pepe from the list because I was planning on translating this section that shows his full thoughts on the theme.
    Spoiler:

So am I the oniy one freaked out about Oberon saying Mash may permanently lose her memory?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    Spoiler:

So am I the oniy one freaked out about Oberon saying Mash may permanently lose her memory?
    Spoiler:
    MC simply says he don't care. I think Oberon is trying his hardest to separate MC and Mashu, either hinting that without her memories, she is no longer the Mashu he/she knows, or telling them to abandon her in Norwich. It seems he intentionally ignore Mashu and Vinci-chan when they were trapped in the forest to instigate the meeting between MC and C. Artoria.

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Spoiler:
    MC simply says he don't care. I think Oberon is trying his hardest to separate MC and Mashu, either hinting that without her memories, she is no longer the Mashu he/she knows, or telling them to abandon her in Norwich. It seems he intentionally ignore Mashu and Vinci-chan when they were trapped in the forest to instigate the meeting between MC and C. Artoria.
    Spoiler:
    I mean, yeah, power of friendship will prevail and stuff, but that doesn't mean I'm any less uncomfortable with everything that seems to be going on with Mash here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    Spoiler:
    I mean, yeah, power of friendship will prevail and stuff, but that doesn't mean I'm any less uncomfortable with everything that seems to be going on with Mash here.
    Spoiler:
    It sounds crude, but remember how Nasu try to show the love between Shirou and Sakura is real. Shirou doesn't care if Sakura is not a virgin and a fucktoy for Shinji. He love her for who she is. MC here doesn't care if Mashu has no memories of their journey. His feelings is of his own, and he will put his life on the line for her when it comes to it. The same is true for Mashu, since it is mentioned that she still felt a huge gap despite being in a happy place, and nothing can fill it no matter what she do.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Been busy the last few days at other places. I've finished LB6 though so if anyone has any questions about the story feel free to ask.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The question is in what way? Is is a Skadi scenario, or did Odin give his power to Cu somehow while Cu kept his personality, or is he not actually Cu in any way and Odin is just disguising himself?
    I mean, Odin and Cu have been connected since F/SN when Archer mention that Gae Bolg was descended from Gungnir. Lancer Cu mentioned that half his Saint Graph was missing (apparently an explanation for why he's a *3) and based on what Arcade mentioned, Gae Bolg is a core part of said Saint Graph. Odin probably used that connection to steal part of the Saint Graph to exist within it, like Surtr did with Sigurd.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Been busy the last few days at other places. I've finished LB6 though so if anyone has any questions about the story feel free to ask.
    What's Beryl up to?

US Friend Code
    Is there an explanation for what exactly the final boss of this part is or is that something they're saving for part 2?
    Last edited by Reign; June 12th, 2021 at 10:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Is there an explanation for what exactly the final boss of this part is or is that something they're saving for part 2?
    Me not MaxAkito, but it is saved for part 2. Heck, I still felt part 1 is just words without meaning for most of the time.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    It's a "Calamity". They spawn every once and a while but this one in particular I suspect it has to do with the mural at the start. It was also foretold in Artoria Caster's prophecy.
    "A city of iron, a sea of soot. When the calamity was repulsed, the pilgrimage can be welcomed."
    Its name is also most likely six characters long.
    "After that, that monster appeared. The cursed hand of ■■■■■■ that appeared from the sea."
    I've seen some theories on it but I don't know if they're concrete yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    What's Beryl up to?
    Spoiler:
    He doesn't do much until he learns Mash is in the lostbelt, then he commands the Fairy Round Table to attack Sheffield (where she is currently staying). He doesn't seem to be doing much of anything yet, just really focused on Mash.

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    Is there anything that suggests what's the true nature of the Calamity of Norwich? The holes in its hands look like Sefar's and the wall painting from the beginning of the chapter looks reminescent of the one in Extella Link so I have a feeling it might be related to the Velber, but is there something else that might point into this direction? Cu-Odin's presence might be a clue to this, as we know Odin has knowledge about Sefar (the valkyries are based on it) and, at least according to a summary on reddit, LB6 states that fairies started mimicking human civilization 14.000 years ago.

Edit: just saw that someone already asked the same question, so don't mind this one.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What's the big hole in the ground on the map?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3