Page 3781 of 3781 FirstFirst ... 278132813681373137713776377937803781
Results 75,601 to 75,610 of 75610

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Christie's work is still under copyright, so
    I'm pretty sure a few of Agatha Christie's novels are on public domain, not all of them though.

Considering that BB and Arсueid are in fgo. Is it all happening in one world?
    Nope.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Livandopala View Post
    Is it all happening in one world?
    Not really. To begin with, the versions of BB and Arcueid in FGO are only copies of the real deals, who're still around in their respective timelines. They're summoned into FGO world using Servant summoning system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastor View Post
    0 mention of what happened in the cliffhanger should've been expected I guess, but it's still a elephant in the room for me whenever I read post-Traum dialogue.
    Kinda frustrating that players need to wait through many events in-between chapters just to get to the next scene after what they discovered in that room. Really breaks the immersion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I know of someone who's perfectly qualified to write her:

:^)

- - - Updated - - -

I need to finish this game...

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    I'm pretty sure a few of Agatha Christie's novels are on public domain, not all of them though.
    In the USA, yes - The Mysterious Affair at Styles, The Murder on the Links and Poirot Investigates have entered Public Domain whereas they won't in their native country of the UK until 2046.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Not really. To begin with, the versions of BB and Arcueid in FGO are only copies of the real deals, who're still around in their respective timelines. They're summoned into FGO world using Servant summoning system.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda frustrating that players need to wait through many events in-between chapters just to get to the next scene after what they discovered in that room. Really breaks the immersion.
    In BB's case, the original version of her in her world is still dead (you could sort of count BB/GO, but that was more of a remnant) and while ours is still technically native to the Extraverse the Moon Cell had no intention of allowing her to go back after Kiara was dealt with.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    In the USA, yes - The Mysterious Affair at Styles, The Murder on the Links and Poirot Investigates have entered Public Domain whereas they won't in their native country of the UK until 2046.
    Is this due to differences in copyright law or action by Agatha Christie's estate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Is this due to differences in copyright law or action by Agatha Christie's estate?
    International differences. In the UK it's 70 years after the author's death which as I said, expires in 2046 (until then, Christie's grandson controls the copyright). Whereas in America because the books predate 1978, the maximum copyright duration is 95 years from their date of publication which is why the first two novels and the first anthology of short stories have already entered public domain in America.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One of my favourite bits of trivia is that Irving Berlin lived long enough to see his early music go out of copyright
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

Okay I just decided at looking at what went down with Traum, and I just realized

Nasu clearly knows about UBW Abridged, and apparently wanted to troll everyone for years just to hid the ridiculous implications of those stupid freaking puns.

B!ank of Human History my ass.
    Last edited by RootoftheDream; Today at 02:26 PM.