Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Garden of Avalon

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah... the translation is not good enough to make it worth having to skip fanart every other paragraph.

They've elaborated on the manner of TL here:

screenshot

• /r/grandorder Mod. Feel free to contact for any issues or questions.
    • Creating the ultimate TM content archive. Still WIP.
      https://tri-hermes.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BlameLib View Post
    They've elaborated on the manner of TL here:

screenshot

When the response defending the use of MTL reads like MTL.

Text only version has been posted by them:

****************************file/d/1pBd...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by BlameLib; December 13th, 2021 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Updating link since old one died
    • /r/grandorder Mod. Feel free to contact for any issues or questions.
    • Creating the ultimate TM content archive. Still WIP.
      https://tri-hermes.org/

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I hate people who try to justify MTL. If you don't have the linguistic ability, simply don't bother. It's better for something to never be translated than get some botched chimera of a release unleashed onto the unsuspecting fandom.

I don't have a lot of faith in a translation using MTL.

So the wait continues...

Maybe one day when I can speak the language I'll get to read it.

The wait ends
    Last edited by yk1512; August 13th, 2022 at 07:50 AM.

Last edited by yk1512; August 13th, 2022 at 12:18 PM.

God himself has descended today

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It is good to know we have a community where we don't just satisfy ourselves with some MTL hack job.

Good job, Yusuke

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Nice work!

I can't download either the PDF or EPUB file on my phonez despite being connected to the Internet at home. Is there something wrong with the files?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finally, death to the MTL and stolen fanart doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Finally, death to the MTL and stolen fanart doc.
    That MTL'd one got a lot of Reddit awards or something, hilariously.
    Quote Originally Posted by yk1512 View Post
    Thanks!

マリーの味方
    Ah, right. Along the way, a certain someone's philandering ended up getting her ensnared in one of Morgan's traps, and she ended up losing the Sword of Selection. Oh? That was a necessary ritual to obtain Excalibur? I don't give a rat's arse. Back then, watching her march as she tried to conceal the fact that she had lost her Holy Sword from everyone was way too hilarious. She was pale as a ghost.
    cute

"That's right. The light of the planet must only be used for critical moments. Should there come a time when you fight not as a king, but as a lone hero, make sure to never forget that."
    grand saber copium

Truth be told, the mage was serious in his attempt to entice her. He thought that it would be amusing. Or perhaps, even before she did herself, the mage was unable to stand this sight any longer. But she didn't play along with his expectations, giving an answer that he did not expect. With a joyful smile on her face, she said, "Yes. I have faith that I'm doing well in that regard. Please watch me, Merlin. I can't say it will be soon, but I will definitely turn this island into a prosperous country. One that can even measure up to the utopia spoken of in the legends, Avalon."
    As if feeling happy from the bottom of her heart, she puffed out her chest in pride.
    bros....

Did it feel like finally having her beloved in the palm of her hands, only to find out it was all a sham, and that it would be unattainable for all eternity? Did she feel betrayed and despair? Or did she feel sympathy for the king's plight? She likely felt both. Despite knowing the truth, she aptly supported the king and conducted herself as a queen. She was the bride who was blessed by all, but in truth, she thought of herself as a caged bird.
    This constantly weighed on the king's mind, but—
    "What do you mean, Artoria? Are you not the same? You too shall never be rewarded a woman's happiness." she said with a strained smile.
    The king had no choice but to indulge in her virtue. Although their relationship was transient, the camaraderie fostered between them during the time they spent together was genuine; and this mutual trust convinced the people that they were an intimate married couple.
    all things considered i'm surprised we still haven't gotten guinevere yet. the dynamic would be fun to see

The Dragon Vortigern. That was the true form of the being that would have led Britain to ruin.
    "Wha..."
    Our hesitation spelt our doom. A single blow unleashed by the Vile King obliterated our forces and stripped me of my power. It was a devourer of Holy Swords. A darkness that grew deeper the holier its foe was. My Holy Sword Galatine was robbed of its radiance. Excalibur, the king's Holy Sword, was similar. Its radiance was reduced to that of a faintly glimmering bonfire.
    let's hope olga doesn't read this

This was a really great honestly. I really love Merlin and Artoria's friendship, and the melancholic atmosphere of King Arthur's story is really captured well. Merlin coming to the realization Artoria's ideals were going to bring her despair and being unable to do anything about it was very sad.

Also, I've had this thought for a while but reading more into Merlin's perspective on humanity makes me wish we could see Beast Merlin one day. It would be absolutely kino.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    all things considered i'm surprised we still haven't gotten guinevere yet. the dynamic would be fun to see
    Even ignoring being a playable Servant, I'm genuinely shocked that between Lancelot in Zero and Mordred in Apocrypha, we haven't even seen a proper design yet for her whether from a flashback or elsewhere in all these years...

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    She appeared in the Zero manga as a hime cut with her face obscured, but I doubt we should take that as canon. Even if it is the closest thing she has to a design.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Clearly she's just Ayaka without glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Zero Mats does call her "the stereotypical glasses-wearer who's secretly really hot when she takes them off".