Page 943 of 945 FirstFirst ... 443843893933938941942943944945 LastLast
Results 18,841 to 18,860 of 18896

Thread: Fate/Zero Anime (Type-MOON x ufotable)

Fate/Zero Episode 3:
    Tokiomi doesn't want to let Gilgamesh go out and fight just yet. I guess he wants the news of Assassin being defeated to spread first.
    Rider is more interested in military stuff because to him there's no difference between Assassin being dead or alive. But he still wants to go out and have some fun tracking down the other Servants.

"This Clinton is going to be a formidable opponent." is still so funny.

Saber can't go into spirit form like the others because of her circumstances, but it gives her and Irisviel time to explore the city before the battle.

Then you have Kirei and his father bending the rules and his Servant making their appearance and true ability known, but Kiritsugu and Maiya picked up on Assassin's being way to good to be true. There was a certain scene I forgot about that I brought up before. The circumstances around it....

And Saber about to start fighting Lancer was a pretty good place to end the episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Kerry also says in the epilogue he did try to go back to Illya and Jubstacheit would never let him see her.
    In the original novel?
    Last edited by Laserman; December 3rd, 2021 at 01:10 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    I don't remember if it was in the novel but he definitely says it in the last episode of the anime

Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Zero, volume 4, Epilogue: Five Years Later
    Kiritsugu had repeatedly used the excuse of ‘traveling overseas’ to get Shirō to stay home while he traveled to the Einsberns. He wanted to save his daughter, who had been left all alone within the City of Winter.

However, no matter how obstinately Kiritsugu repeated his visits, Jubstacheit was still unwilling to open the forest’s bounded field. That was understandable. All the efforts the Einsberns put into the fourth Heaven’s Feel came to nothing because of Kiritsugu’s last-minute betrayal. A man such as Kiritsugu would have to remain silent even if he was punished, but Acht did not do that. Did he want to put the traitor to exile like a stray dog and let it struggle on its last legs, and carry that shameful title for the rest of its life? Or did he plan to let Kiritsugu never see his daughter again and use that as the most severe punishment that can be inflicted? No matter what, it was already a fact.

Had he been the Kiritsugu of the past, the infamous “Magus Killer”, then he might have been able to forcibly break through this icy bounded field and rush to his daughter’s side. However, the current Kiritsugu had been touched by “Angra Mainyu” and had already been corroded by this curse. His flesh was getting weaker and weaker. His limbs atrophied, his sight began to fade, and he had completely lost the ability to use magecraft. He was not much different from a terminally ill patient. He couldn’t even find the starting point of the bounded field, and could only wander in the blizzard, waiting till death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Fate/Zero Episode 4:
    The whole entire fight between Saber and Lancer was so cool, even better than what I remembered. And just like back then, I still don't know why people hate Lancer so much, it just baffles me. He fights with two spears, two of them, who can do that? What ever wrapping is on them seals their effects, and he can focus on using one or the other like someone would normally.

He was fighting evenly against Saber, which is amazing, and dealt a blow that's going to affect her even after the battle. He's an honorable knight that wants to fight fairly against his opponent, he's pretty cool.

Lancer hiding the short spear in the ground until the last moment when Saber came to attack him was probably the best part of the episode.

I like how they had the shot on Kayneth, but didn't take it because they noticed Assassin first.

The episode ending joining the fight was pretty cool too, this is probably the best episode so far.

So 20 hours passed between episode 3 and 4, an entire day into the night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Oh my god, he couldn't even use Magecraft anymore? He showed no real signs of any of that though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 5:
    The episode starts with Rider announcing his name and class to anyone that's listening, and asking Lancer and Saber to join him, with their obvious refusal.

Gilgamesh shows up too, but that's not the best part.

The best part is when he shows up.

Rider asked about his stats, and Waver's like, "I don't know, I can't see them!".

I just love the decision to make Berserker full CGI as a way showing one of his Noble Phantasms, making it hard to see any real details of his body and just makes him look out of place compared to everyone else.

And this, this whole fight, was amazing. Being able to grab those weapons in mid air and retaliate is incredible. Gate of Babylon is overwhelming powerful and this Servant can counter it, and he looks so cool doing it.

He is a monster for sure.

And even the mighty King of Heroes has to listen to Command Seals too, hah.

The episode before this and this one just shows that Lancer and his Master just don't understand each other.

Kirei knows he's being watched now, and Caster was watching the whole battle too. And from there, a horrible case of mistaken identity begins.
    I wonder where Kariya was though? The only reason he sent out Berserker was probably because he wants to win as fast as possible, but apparently he can't really control Berserker that well.

Not that much time passed between this episode and the last one since it starts right after the last one. But I liked this episode even more than the one before.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 6: Caster's stupid, but he's dangerous. He and Ryuunosuke are just killing people for fun, and not even caring about the Holy Grail War. So of course, something would be done about them.
    Lancer didn't do anything wrong, why does Kayneth have to be so hard on him? He's the one who used a command seal to force him to fight against his moral code without remembering Rider was around. I wonder how he was able to set it up so that he had the command seals and his wife was supplying the mana though, why doesn't anyone else just do that?

He bought out an entire floor and set up a 24 layered barrier, 3 mana generators, dozens of ghosts and guards, thousands of traps, and doors that lead to other worlds. All for that to be blown up by Kiritsugu because it's more practical to just destroy the building he's in.

This was also the real start of Gilgamesh's and Kirei's relationship.

Close to a day passes with this episode.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 7:

I completely forgot that the episode starts with them finding Kayneth in the middle of all that rubble. What the heck happened to the one guy though. Does it just hypnotize anyone that comes in contact with it?

And now the ceasefire and bounty has been formally declared with the prize for defeating Caster being 1 command seal which would give any Master a huge advantage over the others and would be wanted by any who already used one. The number of familiars is how they know that Kayneth isn't dead either.

Waver's of course concerned about the bounty, but Rider wants an outfit to go outside like Saber.

At the moment, he wants pants specifically.

I noticed how they were mentioning the locations the Grail could manifest and they never listed that one cave though which I found as interesting.

The fact that Saber wanted to fight Caster immediately and how Kiritsugu was willing to leave him to the other Servants and Masters while he took down the Masters was the real first time that showed that those two wouldn't be able to understand each other until the end.

The next part where Kiritsugu is actually considering, if not trying to convince himself, to run away from the war with his and child, that I remember. You can just hear the sadness in his voice, he really cares about them. Which is why I just don't understand why he would...

The fact that Caster knew he was being watched and from where was so creepy. His monsters look like starfish with mouths honestly. You'd think that Saber fighting Caster would super easy for her because of her Magic Resistance, but since he's summoning monsters to fight for him instead of attacking directly...

Lancer coming in to fight Caster was pretty cool.

So while the Servant can take down Caster who came for Saber, the Master can launch their own attack, not caring about the truce either.

But what Kayneth didn't know is that he decided to pick the wrong house to go into.

Kiritsugu uses his Magecraft to manipulate the flow of time by using himself as a Reality Marble.

A Reality Marble, a bounded field used to materialize and project one’s inner world onto reality.

I don't know if that makes much sense with this definition. And I finally know the commands Kayneth was saying to use his Mystic Code too, I wonder what the language is though?

Another great episode, another day passes I guess.
    Last edited by Laserman; December 16th, 2021 at 11:37 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I have a question:

In the original language, novel ( vol 4) really write that the Airbus A300 is flying in the height of 3000 feets?
    Really? Serious? No joke.

Is that before shit went down or after Natalie took control and probably descended to a altitude where a zombie hull breach wouldnt leave her without oxigen?

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Is that before shit went down or after Natalie took control and probably descended to a altitude where a zombie hull breach wouldnt leave her without oxigen?
    in English version ( baka tsuki), they write as it always flying in the height of 3000 feets from the beginning.

No matter how anxious or wavering his heart is, there was not a single way to help Natalia. That’s because her battlefield is inside a giant commercial airliner more than 3000 feet above in the sky.

It started with the chase for the magus known as the “Demonic Bees User”, Odd Borzak.

It was said that this magus successfully created Dead Apostles and can manipulate the Demonic Bees under his control to use poisonous stings to increase the amount of Ghouls under his power; a very dangerous man indeed. Moreover, he had changed his name and face and pretended to be an ordinary person, with no information about him at all. However, four days ago, there was information that he was taking Flight A300 from Paris to New York. In the situation of being completely ignorant of the person’s appearance and name, Natalia accepted this gruelling task of finding the target among the plane’s 287 passengers and ‘erase’ him.

As her partner, Kiritsugu didn’t board the plane, but instead went ahead to New York to investigate Volsack’s fake identity. The teacher and student communicated using radio and calmly and confidently locked down the location of the prey in that sealed space 3000 feet above the sky.
    I feel very strange, maybe it is a mistake when translating. In the published novels of my country, they write 35000 feet. It is more sense.
    Last edited by kohaku; December 17th, 2021 at 02:27 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    It's a Baka-Tsuki translation, so probably the altitude is wrong. The translators probably machine translated a bunch of it, barely proofread it, and the source they were using was probably a Chinese translation of a Korean translation of the original Japanese.

Baka-Tsuki kind of really sucks at translating in general.

Like their ZnT translation had tons of mistakes it was discovered

The team was from BL and their problem was that they were mostly translating from Chinese.

Fate/Zero Episode 8:
    This episode starts with Irisviel and Maiya wanting to make a stand against Kirei who's coming for Kiritsugu. But the real big moment was with Kiritsugu himself against Kayneth using his Mystic Code.

Thompson Center Arms Contender
    The customized firearm that Emiya Kiritsugu uses as a mystic code. It is a single-shot pistol originally developed for use in hunting and competitions. The barrel can be easily switched out, allowing it to be used with a large variety of bullet calibers. By fitting it with a handmade barrel forged using magical processes, and using special bullets that contain his own powdered ribs, Kiritsugu has transformed it into a deadly anti-magus weapon. Well, that’s the short version; for a significantly more long winded explanation please refer to volume 2.
    Incidentally, this gun was actually what made me want to write a story like Fate/Zero in the first place. In a way, you could say it was the start of everything.
    Origin Bullets:
    Thaumaturgical bullets each containing a piece of one of Kiritsugu’s ribs, whose Origin is that of “sever” and “bind.” As “sever and bind” imply, the bullets impart an irreversible change on their target. When used on a magus, the target’s magic circuits are first severed into shreds, and then rebuilt with the connections all misplaced, rendering them useless. 66 bullets were made with core of bone shard from Kiritsugu’s 12th rib condensed using an esoteric spiritual process. He has already used 37 of the 66 bullets. That means there are 37 magi that are no longer in the world. Kayneth falls victim to the 38th bullet.
    I imagine his Origin effects more than the Magic Circuits given that they aren't the actual nerves of a person and because of Kayneth's state after this.

The idea that he used 37 of them already and killed everyone he used them on is just..., man. I was wondering if he used a second one on him, but he probably didn't.

As it turns out, people can actually live without a few of their ribs.

What kind of Magecraft did Kirei use to break free of that tree though?

Also about Executors:
    Inquisitors of the Holy Church mandated with the punishment and elimination of heresy. Executors are exceptional at combat, and operate on the front lines, wielding great power. They are called “executors” because they execute the mission of the “elimination of evil” as permitted by God.
    Exceptional at combat is an understandment. Along with the bulletproof uniform he was able to beat the two of them without much trouble. Then he would go on to beat a Servant that's meant to kill Masters 10 years later.

I think the reason why Kiritsugu doesn't want Saber to know about Avalon is despite the fact she'd be invincible, is that he thinks she'd probably take it back from Irisviel who's using it for more than just her protection.

The last thing Kirei said before leaving about him not understanding why Irisviel and Maiya fought him was so good. Like he said, the reason he's pursuing Kiritsugu in this war, taking advantage of Kayneth once again, is because he believes Kiritsugu to be just like him. So he doesn't understand why a man that's alone just like himself would have a team working alongside him.

I didn't remember how Caster got out of that situation, but leaving like that would do it.

Lancer told Kiritsugu when he was saving Kayneth about him wanting to face Saber in battle again but...

This episode after the last one is probably one of my favorite of the show because it shows exactly what Kiritsugu can do and how he got his reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    It's a Baka-Tsuki translation, so probably the altitude is wrong. The translators probably machine translated a bunch of it, barely proofread it, and the source they were using was probably a Chinese translation of a Korean translation of the original Japanese.

I didn't know that about the website, tons of translations for light novels are over there though.

The team was from BL and their problem was that they were mostly translating from Chinese.
    I didn't know about this either, that's a shame. I was thinking of maybe reading it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What kind of Magecraft did Kirei use to break free of that tree though?
    MARTIAL ARTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

his CHISELED PHYSIQUE allowed him to break free.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

That's just crazy. He couldn't move his arms, but he was still to break the tree.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

You wouldn't believe how many times in the books Urobuchi stops to just describe how perfectly chiseled Kirei's abs are.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    You wouldn't believe how many times in the books Urobuchi stops to just describe how perfectly chiseled Kirei's abs are.
    Love me some Japanese Catholics who know Chinese martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post

The trouble now is we don't know how it is different in the original novel.

It is more strange when my country's published novel writes that Kerry use Blowpipe instead of "missile launcher".

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But that is what he uses. Blowpipe is a type of missile laucher.