Page 942 of 945 FirstFirst ... 442842892932937940941942943944 ... LastLast
Results 18,821 to 18,840 of 18896

Thread: Fate/Zero Anime (Type-MOON x ufotable)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    I can't imagine viewing S1 of Zero without the extra content.

Blog Entries
    And this is yet another reason why I always wait and then go straight to BD's once they've all been released, rather than watching TV versions first. As long as a show actually gets a BD release that is.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Came up in the UBW thread

http://pastebin.com/4cQGuBS1
    Gil: Yuetsu research club. We go to that dank basement of the church, Kirei and I drink wine together and question the true meaning of pleasure while imagining these situations and laugh ‘Fuhahahaha’ evilly. That is the Yuetsu club! Alright, Saber, I approve of you joining!

Saber: I’ll have to refuse.

Gil: Fast!
    This feels like a Steins;Gate gag

and mfw lampshading the real Arthurian legends and how they influenced Saber becoming the eating and sleeping character XD
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    ^^I don't have patience for that.

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    Does anyone have these PV and CM?

http://www.fate-zero.jp/movies/index.html

The ones not included in any BD BOX.
    Last edited by Kariya; November 23rd, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kariya View Post
    Does anyone have these PV and CM?

http://www.fate-zero.jp/movies/index.html

The ones not included in any BD BOX.
    Why would you want a PV and a CM? There's nothing in them that doesn't already appear somewhere in the anime itself, is there?

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    Collecting.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Since there were a few words in the matter in the FSN thread.

F/Z MUZAK

Kajiura: Was it really necessary to draw those worms in such detail? I always wanted to speak up and ask them about that sometime.

Kondo: Some of the 3D staffers enjoy that sort of thing.

Aoki: It’s enthusiasm.
    XD
    Kajiura: The Horrors, too. I can’t go to the beach anymore now. How can they draw starfish in such detail? When I think of the scary scenes that had been cut being restored for the Blu-ray release… Go easy on me, please.
    gehehehe~
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kajiura: the melodies in “Fate/Zero” are made to be rather subdued. I wanted to keep them from coming too far into the foreground.
    Huh, I wouldn't have thought that. It is true that I don't recall Silver Moon, Point Zero or the other more emotional tracks though in favor of tracks such as Babylonia and The Battle is to The Strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    "The Battle is to The Strong" is my favourite song in FZ by a large margin, well above all the others. I guess this is a good time though to throw in that overall, I like the music in the KnK movies quite a bit more than the music in FZ. Thanks for posting that btw, Hen_Ichi. I enjoyed reading it, especially the part where they explained why there was minimal music in the scene where the three kings are having their discussion. I have to say I agree.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; December 2nd, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

An In-Depth Video Analysis of Fate/Zero!

Hello all! I'm hoping this is the correct place to post this, as I couldn't find a thread dedicated to discussion about Fate/Zero. If I'm wrong, then by all means, remove it!

I recently completed an analysis of one of my favourite shows of all time, Fate/Zero. I talk about the tone and atmosphere, themes, characters, and narrative style and tools that are used to make this such an effective story. Check it out if you're interested, and if not, no worries!

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1QFa3i5yE

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleczandxr View Post
    Hello all! I'm hoping this is the correct place to post this, as I couldn't find a thread dedicated to discussion about Fate/Zero. If I'm wrong, then by all means, remove it!

I recently completed an analysis of one of my favourite shows of all time, Fate/Zero. I talk about the tone and atmosphere, themes, characters, and narrative style and tools that are used to make this such an effective story. Check it out if you're interested, and if not, no worries!

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1QFa3i5yE
    Just in case you wanted to read what other had to say about the show here is the thread. There's also one for the awful manga that is mostly showing off the gore scenes and what not. Aside from that it's also partially dedicated to making fun of Deermud and his fellow sufferers.

Blog Entries
    I've merged your thread into the Zero thread.

Finally started my Fate/Zero rewatch with episode 1.
    I thought about putting it in the other thread since that would be easier to follow unless a mod doesn't want me to, but for now this works.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

One of the things I really remembered Kiritsugu saying from the first time at the beginning was, "I do not deserve to hold that child." I don't know why I remembered that specifically and not other things.

When I watched this the first time, I did't know what to expect, like the revelation that Ilya was Kiritsugu's daughter was one of those things because that wasn't that I could have known at the time.

The Japanese that was on screen wasn't translated so I had no idea that Kirei, his father, and Tokiomi met in Venice. I guess that would be the same for the other times listed unless they were mentioned. Risei said that Kirei lost his wife and that the war would be good for him. I probably didn't think anything of it back then because I didn't know the circumstances. but now...

The Matou family situation has been talked about more than enough, but if Kariya had like any power, he probably could have just took her by force. Oh, and that's one bad mom, lol.

He got out, and he got pulled back in by chance. But I bet he would have heard eventually anyway.

I think that whole family is, well I don't really like any of them with the last name.

I also like how he had like lasted a year and ended up looking like that in that amount of time. But Sakura survives for 10 years and looks physically fine. It's a "prequel" with barely any oversight, so maybe that's just another contradiction among the other ones . Or maybe she, a little kid, is just stronger than a full-grown man, which makes no sense so what else am I suppose to think? Tmdict didn't tell me anything I didn't know already either.

Another thing, that all just seem unnecessary.

Zouken's methods just look needlessly cruel with no benefit to anyone besides a temporary power boost or more accurately artificial magic circuits? I don't see how anyone can "learn" anything from it.

Yeah, Kayneth's an a-hole just like I remember, making fun of one of his student's papers in front of the entire class because of a pretty reasonable theory. I didn't remember Waver just happening to bump into the delivery guy that had Rider's catalyst, though that beats him stealing it another way. The whole entire situation happened because of a coincidence lol.

Hearing Tokiomi talk about Kiritsugu was pretty cool. His reputation as a hired gun, a mercenary, that will do what ever it takes to win. I forgot about him going to into wars though.

Then they go into Kirei and how he just stops short of mastering anything then goes to something else. The two of them just zeroed in on each other immediately, they just knew that the other would be their greatest opponent in the war.

I must have forgotten the command seals appearing early, like a year early, and they didn't even actually have to set foot in Fuyuki.

I wonder what happened first though in real life, the summoning chants being the default chant or them saying separate verses that ended up the being the chant?

If I did the math for the countdown correctly, this Holy Grail War lasted for at least 11 days, which is shorter than the one in Fate/Stay Night.

I thought the first episode was amazing, a very good start to the rewatch.

I'm also going to try to make shorter posts for my sake, even though this is all for me.
    Last edited by Laserman; November 28th, 2021 at 04:51 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 2:
    I wonder why it didn't just pick up right from the last episode.

Immediately after being summoned Rider wants maps to find out about what happened to his territories and how's he's going to conquer the world. H just broke into a shop for them, not caring about exposure. Waver's has to follow him to try to keep him from doing something really bad, but he doesn't know how to stop him.

In a few minutes, Waver has shown way more restraint than Rin did, hah.

This something that's only occurred to me now, but everyone who sees Saber immediately knows she's a girl. They don't even hesitate to say otherwise.

Why?

Shouldn't people find it harder to tell? They absolutely should, that's not good at all.

I also liked the little game Kiritsugu and Ilya were playing, it was very cute.

With how much he cares about her, I wonder why Kiritsugu never tried to go back for Ilya after the war, especially after that promise?

And now the terrible duo has finally showed up. Was Ryuunosuke killing a bunch of people just to summon to Caster or was it was for himself? It was probably both, he never expected it to happen. Though he's not a mage, he was still able to summon him despite it, that's pretty funny. Was the catalyst the book he was using?

Even knowing it was coming, that scene with the boy still got me...

To this day, I still really don't know how bounded fields, if that's what they were, really work because they're always explained very vaguely.
    Assassin was able to disable almost all of them with just rocks, until the best security system got him. Well, that one at least. It's all part of the plan.

That was a pretty cool real first impression for Gilgamesh in the anime.

"Who gave you permission to look at me?"

To just look at him.

And it was such a big difference with how Gate of Babylon was shown compared to the other anime.

It just jumped from 11 to 7 days, what the heck. You're telling me 4 days passed between episode 1 and 2? Or did I get the number of days wrong?
    Last edited by Laserman; December 1st, 2021 at 10:20 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kerry was too busy dying from Angra Mainyu to make it through the castle defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Kerry was too busy dying from Angra Mainyu to make it through the castle defenses.
    Oh god, that kept him from being able to do that? Meanwhile, Kirei Kotomine just gets a brand new ticker for 10 years and only that, no adverse effects for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Huh, I wouldn't have thought that. It is true that I don't recall Silver Moon, Point Zero or the other more emotional tracks though in favor of tracks such as Babylonia and The Battle is to The Strong.
    And they've kept doing this for every single Fate thing they've worked on since this post, way more so now. It definitely explains why there just aren't that many memorable songs.
    Last edited by Laserman; December 2nd, 2021 at 10:15 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Well, yeah. Kiritsugu was cursed while Kirei was given a gift. It makes sense when one tried to kill while the other didn't. Especially since Kirei would go on to try to help/save it.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I always wondered if it was Iri's influence, as per the one vision/scene he has where he kills Ilya and her, where she curses him, that is the reason he gets cursed. Kotomine accepts it on the other hand and gets a heart.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

US Friend Code
    Kerry also says in the epilogue he did try to go back to Illya and Jubstacheit would never let him see her.