Page 944 of 945 FirstFirst ... 444844894934939942943944945 LastLast
Results 18,861 to 18,880 of 18896

Thread: Fate/Zero Anime (Type-MOON x ufotable)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    It's a missile launcher called 'Blowpipe'.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Not exactly a great MANPAD from what I remember. Had a pretty dismal record during thr Falklands War.

I think the anime has him use the Stinger MANPAD instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    But that is what he uses. Blowpipe is a type of missile laucher.
    I know. But in anime, he used Stinger, actually.

I wonder what Gen really wrote in the FZ novel. It is strange when my country's publisher suddenly translate " missile laucher" to " Blowpipe". For what? Show their knowledge about weapon??? I don't think they will waste their time for that.
    Last edited by kohaku; December 25th, 2021 at 03:42 AM.

Fate/Zero Episode 9: The episode starts with Kayneth seeing Lancer's past, that's always fun.
    The fact that Sola-Ui was willing to break his fingers herself to get the command seals shows that she doesn't really care about her husband. She just wants to be Lancer's Master, but even with them in her possession, he's still loyal to Kayneth. It's only when she says she wants the Holy Grail to heal him that Lancer agrees to the arrangement, but it's just words. I don't know for sure if she's being affected by that skill but...

Kiritsugu sets off to finish what he did last episode, leaving Saber to ask if there's anyway that he'll change his about Caster to Irisviel.

And then Waver and Rider find out where Caster's hideout is by testing the water that ran through the city.

When they it find though, god..., I just made sure my screen was bright too, I didn't remember that scene at all.

Those two are just pure evil, anyone who does something like that is just pure evil. But going there let them find out that Assassin is still alive as well. The scene when Waver just looks at the shoe on fire was just so sad.

There are 4 days left of the Holy Grail War.

I thought the next episode would be later on though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    I know. But in anime, he used Stinger, actually.

I wonder what Gen really wrote in the FZ novel. It is strange when my country's publisher suddenly translate " missile laucher" to " Blowpipe". For what? Show their knowledge about weapon??? I don't think they will waste their time for that.
    Well I don't have the original text on hand but the Brazilian version translated it as a "Blowpipe missile launcher" so I'm betting yours just omitted part of it to prevent redundancy.

Fate/Zero Episode 10: Rin has such nice memories of her father, so it was seeing them together. It took a lot of courage to go out into a city at night to look for her friend, but she managed to save her and the other kids. She needed to be saved Kariya in the end though who just happened to be in the area. Then after he brings Rin back to the park he promises to save Sakura from getting eaten away at like him, which doesn't even happen, so that doesn't make sense.
    But besides that it was a fun episode, but I'm really excited for the next one.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Then after he brings Rin back to the park he promises to save Sakura from getting eaten away at like him, which doesn't even happen, so that doesn't make sense.
    Wait, I know it's not exactly the same, but don't the worms basically munch out her womb and part of her nervous system? That's still pretty bad even if it's not turning her into a shambling corpse like Kariya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Fate/Zero Episode 11:

I didn't remember the whole thing being started by Rider just wanting to settle who deserved the Grail by just talking about it.

Then you bring Gilgamesh in the mix, and you now have 3 kings from completely different legends and time periods talking about what their rule means/meant to them, and it's so interesting hearing them discuss that among themselves.

I hate that I know understand what Gilgamesh meant by Saber's face being the same as the virgins who showered him with flowers at his bed, because back then I didn't.

Saber's idea of being king and her wish to save Britain amuses him, but Rider disagrees with all of it.

Another thing I find interesting is Tokiomi making Kirei send Assassin out like that after rewatching it now. Even if it was to provoke Rider into using his Noble Phantasm, you lost one of the best ways to watch your enemies and or attack them. Is a Servant like Assassin really worth the information?

But seeing of my favorite moments again was so cool.

Someone like Rider that isn't a mage shouldn't have a Noble Phantasm like that, but he does and it's still so amazing and impressive.
    Assassin stood no chance in a open area like that against that army.

After that battle, before he leaves, Rider says he doesn't consider Saber to be a king anymore, something else I didn't remember.

This episode has several of the scenes in it that whenever people talk about Fate/Zero, they bring them up, so it's one I was excited for. It's easily one of the best episodes so far.
    Last edited by Laserman; January 3rd, 2022 at 01:01 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 12:
    After Assassin's death, Kirei reports to Tokiomi that Rider's Noble Phantasm is rank EX, just like Gate of Babylon, too powerful to give a rank. Without that information, Tokiomi says they could have been caught off guard by that, but...

Then you have Kiritsugu in a hotel, go over all the information on the Masters in the war. He hasn't found Kayneth, Rider's mobility makes it hard to pin down a location, Caster's still abducting and killing kids, and while Kariya would be easy to take out, Berserker pretty much counters Gilgamesh, so keeping them in play for a bit longer would be more beneficial. And then there's Kirei, who's gone after him twice now and Kiritsugu still doesn't know why.

The explanation for why the Church shelters the Masters that lose their Servants was interesting. So was learning what happens with the Commands Seals in those situations.

I must have forgot about Kiritsugu's new base just being Shirou's house, that surprised me. And it really is in the middle of everything, but after this story, it's not going to be that much a strategic advantage, more of a hinderance...

I don't know what is exactly happening to Irisviel, just what happens to her at the end, so I'm interested in seeing where that goes.

Kirei writing off the man who he's been pursuing so much in his report, is interesting. But Gilgamesh's assessment of it all and what that means for Kirei was interesting too, he's really just being Kirei's evil coach. Him saying what he did about a person who finds joy from people's suffering sure was something.

Another great episode.

After the next one, I might post what made start this in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Wait, I know it's not exactly the same, but don't the worms basically munch out her womb and part of her nervous system? That's still pretty bad even if it's not turning her into a shambling corpse like Kariya.
    No, that's not the same.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 13: I just love when a Master sees a dream of their Servant's past or in Waver's case, what Rider really wants. I think the idea of someone going to a bookstore or a library to look up information on a Servant should be done be more often, it's funny.

Only Caster and Ryunnosuke could come to that conclusion involving God.

I liked how Rider was like if you had some grand wish for the Holy Grail I would serve you obediently and just bows a little for Waver. But ultimately, the two of them are just tiny blips compared to the rest of the world, which Rider wants to conquer again. Therefore, they work fine as Master and Servant.

I don't know what language Caster was talking in for the incantation, but is what he summoned considered a separate Noble Phantasm?

Due to the blessing from the Lady of the Lake, Saber can walk on water. It's not something that comes up again since she doesn't fight on water in any of her fights in Fate/Stay Night. With her and Rider trying to fight it head on, Lancer will use his Noble Phantasm to strike Caster stopping the giant monster before it gets to the city.
    If only it were that simple...

The preview actually showed scene from the next episode since it was for the second half.

I was going to show the thing, but I think I'll wait until the end instead. I love the first opening, I used to play it a lot before and I only recently looked at the lyrics again and I saw how well they fit the show. I also learned recently that the ending pictures are based on drawings and images from real life. The second opening is good, I'm just not really a fan of the second ending compared to the first.

I have to wonder, what really made it so popular. It's never aired on TV before, no Fate anime has. Is it really just being on Netflix and word about it being passed around? But then there's the argument that Netflix's practices for releasing batches of episodes at once kill hype and discussion. The original broadcast then? Actually looking at it, the dub for Fate/Zero made it on Neon Alley first, that's interesting.

My favorite voice actor is in this, and watching it in English was the first way I watched so how could I not do that again?
    I wasn't happy about some of the voice actor changes from the first anime when I first watched it, but they grew on me.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I don't know what language Caster was talking in for the incantation, but is what he summoned considered a separate Noble Phantasm?
    Man's talking Lovecraft, ia ia cthulhu ftaghn. And no, the book's Caster's NP. The spook is just a spook to surpass all spooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Fate/Zero Episode 14: And so the second part begins with the battle against Caster's monster.

The thing's high-speed regeneration is the real problem, the mist it's creating is interesting too.

The whole entire conversation with Gilgamesh and Tokiomi was sure something. The guy begs him to do destroy the monster, but he deals like 4 blows to the thing and get angry when his Master asks for him to attack again when it clearly isn't dead. Tokiomi planned the whole thing with Risei so he could recover his lost Command Seal, but his plan backfired because his Servant is an arrogant jerk that only cares about nothing but himself.

When Kariya shows up, Gilgamesh says to toy with him, which is something that I forgot because I was wondering about that considering the way that fight goes.

Either way, one of the most amazing, unique fights in this anime began between the two of them.

Being able to turn an entire jet into a Noble Phantasm is just crazy, I never expected it. I have no idea how Berserker managed to get on the thing in the first place. The jet's an F-15 apparently, I don't know about planes and stuff though.

When Kariya actually confronts Tokiomi about Sakura, the answer gives is he wanted her to be happy. Then he goes on to explain, that yes, Magic Crests can only go to one person, and he doesn't want his daughter to be thrown in with the common masses, and that the Matou's offer was a godsend to him. Like just don't have a second child?

And I found that not just funny, but I thought that was crazy too.

Like you hear about and finally see Rin's father for the first time in this show who she talks about so fondly from her memories and in the one episode, I thought they were cute together. And here, he's just a heartless man. It's such a complete difference.

I don't know what my reaction to this was the first time, but I can probably guess I was shocked. Now, I'm still surprised, but compared to back then, I just think he's also stupid despite the way he acts. Which probably another reason why his Servant doesn't like him.

I do find it interesting that Kirei was there, but he decided to just watch when he could have came in with the sneak attack.

Caster forgot that Servants are supposed to protect their Masters while they were having all there fun and left his vulnerable while he's safe inside the giant monster. I remembered that Kiritsugu shot Ryuunosuke, but not twice though. I guess he did it to be sure.

It was an amazing episode, and I know the next one is going to be just as amazing.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 15:
    Tokiomi magic bug zapper vs Kariya's insects was as one-sided as I remembered.

"I'll give you a merciful death."

Proceeds to burn Kariya alive and have him fall down from I don't even know how high a drop, I didn't even remember that.
    The part where right when Kirei is going to finish Kariya off, but instead heals him smiling is probably when he decided to turn traitor.

I can't imagine what the battle was like in Ionioi Hetairoi.

The best moment was most definitely Saber using Excalibur. Invisible Air just vanishing, revealing the golden sword, and the strike itself. The lights from the ground and the way blast moved the clouds in the sky.

Excalibur, the Sword of Promised Victory, is still so amazing. And the version of Sword of Promise Victory that played was pretty good too.

I was wondering why Saber couldn't use Excalibur and I looked into it.
    A Rank A++ Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm that emits an all-destroying beam of energy rivaling Saber’s total magical energy. Being sung as “humanity’s most revered” even in the hellish extremes of a battlefield, shining brightly as the crystallization of everything imaginable in the hearts of those who have passed. Because its use requires swinging with both hands, Lancer intentially breaks his Gáe Buidhe to release Saber’s left hand from its curse. The resulting blow from Excalibur that was released is a torrent of light that destroys the giant sea demon.
    So she might have been able to use her sword, but she couldn't make a big swing like she needs to activate it.

People say that their life flashes before their eyes before death, but that specific flashback must have meant a lot to Caster. He even says right before it, "What..., have I...", like he had this big revelation about his actions. I don't remember who gets the Command Seals if anyone does, so that will be interesting to see next episode.

I was always confused about which spear is which, and now I guess it should be a little easier to tell, hah.

I liked when after Lancer destroyed Berserker's plane, he just grabbed the gatling gun, and Gilgamesh just hits him with Gate of Babylon and just winces after doing that, like he really didn't want to get involved. But he understood the situation and wanted to see what Saber would do.

His response to Rider's about how he likes her suffering because of her rule made Rider say that would never get along.

And with that there's now only 5 Servants left. There should be only about 3 days left of this Holy Grail War.

It was definitely another amazing episode.
    Last edited by Laserman; January 18th, 2022 at 11:09 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 16:
    I didn't remember that Kayneth somehow weaseled his way into getting the Command Seal, but he did. Also I find it funny that him, being the way he is, would kill someone with a gun. And now that Risei is dead, there's really nothing stopping Kirei from doing what he wants.

Lancer deserved a better Master so much. To get yelled at and accused of turning Kayneth's wife against him, when all Lancer wanted to was fight honorably in the Holy Grail War. Even bringing up his legend, not even caring about the circumstances behind that...

Like if you know that much, why'd you pick him?

It's very easy to hate that man.

I-I can't believe, Maiya just snuck I[ on, and cut Sola-Ui's arm off like that with a knife with one swipe. Like how can you do that with a freaking knife like that, Jesus...

Not even the hand, but the whole arm.

Consequently, she didn’t care one bit whether the attraction caused by Diarmuid’s mystic face was real love or not. For her, the simple sensation of passion boiling up from the depths of her heart was her greatest treasure, and she had she had no intention of giving it up after she had finally obtained it. Because, passion is the very thing that gives life value.
    So in the end, while I might not know which it was, it doesn't matter. That's interesting I guess.

The whole thing was a set-up by Kiritsugu, so he could get rid of Lancer by offering Sola-Ui's life in exchange. Those self-geas scrolls aren't worth anything, lol. Anyone could easily get around them, but real mages would never think doing that.

Lancer's last words after stabbing himself were so full of hate, the red eyes that come out of nowhere and the pained way he was talking just made it worse. I just wish they would've finished their fight. I really liked him, unlike most people which I'll never understand, he was a perfectly fine character.

Saber and Kiritsugu will never understand each other's actions. At least, she won't understand his until after this war.

Kiritsugu, in your youth, your truest self, wished to be a hero, did it not? A hero to save the world. You believed in that. You desired it more than life. Am I wrong?
    And the look he just gives her, I forgot about that part at the end, Saber just hit the nail on the head. That talk that had, was definitely memorable though.

A lot happened in this episode alone. There are now only 4 Servants and 3 days left, man.
    Last edited by Laserman; January 22nd, 2022 at 10:28 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 17: So the episode begins with Kirei finding his father dead. That comment that Gilgamesh made about Kirei being furious that he able wasn't to kill his father himself though. For that to come up again... How exactly would that make him happy though? How did someone like that even have a wife in the first place?

I didn't remember Tokiomi thinking of making an alliance. The condition that Irisviel had though makes me wonder what would happened if she didn't make it one. I didn't understand the explanation she had about herself, it was kind of confusing.

I was wondering when Saber would get the motorcycle though.

The message in blood allowed Kirei to take the command seals from Risei even after death. That, and the what-if talk he had with Gilgamesh led up to him literally, literally, stabbing Tokiomi in the back with the Azoth Dagger that he got as a gift from the man, his mentor. That's right after Tokiomi talked with his family for the last time, and had prepared a will naming Kirei as Rin's guardian and in charge of their family's money.

The smile on his face right before..., he's so twisted. Well, at least, karma gets him in the end with the dagger.

There's only now 2 days left. It was another great episode, the next one is going to be interesting.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 18: I think the reason I took so look to watch this was because I knew how bad it would get even if I forgot some details....

The part with Shirley just tearing at the chickens and going into the goal, begging Kiritsugu to kill her was hard to watch.

Emiya Kiritsugu’s father. A genius who, by perfecting his family’s internal (small-scale) time manipulation sorcery, managed to earn a sealing designation despite being a mere fourth generation magus.
    He evaded capture by the Association for over twenty years, and finally ended up hiding himself away on a small island in the tropics. His wife was killed by pursuers from the Association, but Kiritsugu had only just been born at the time and so has no memory of the incident.
    The sorcery of the Emiya family involves accelerating or stagnating the flow of time within a reality marble, without interference from the world. Norikata plumbed the depths of this sorcery, and hatched a scheme to shrink a boundary field until the resistance was almost zero, then infinitely accelerate time within it. His belief was that by observing the end of the universe, he could arrive at the “Root” that lay beyond it. But though the theory itself was promising, he would require a period of hundreds of years to complete the experiment. In order to solve the life span problem, he reluctantly began researching methods of becoming a Dead Apostle.The resulting tragedy is described in the interlude at the beginning of the fourth volume.
    So he was researching how to become a vampire, but wanted to not have to drink blood, something even the more powerful ones haven't been to do.
    But I thought the chances of becoming a Dead Apostle/vampire was 1 in a million. Yet he was able to create a way to have that happen. At least that's what Spoony said. The other people though...

She was the young Kiritsugu’s very first love. It seems that the reason he ended up pampering the kendo girl he met in his later years so much was because she reminded him so much of Shirley.
    Wow, it hurts even more now.

I didn't remember Kiritsugu being the one to bring up the idea of him sneaking up on his father before Natalia. He really stabbed him and shot him with a calm look on his face. I just like how his dad after asking if he went into the workshop was like, "Oh...., Kiritsugu, don't go outside.", and just left him there.
    Last edited by Laserman; February 6th, 2022 at 02:06 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 19:

Vampires that possess a nearly immortal body. They were formerly human, but they transformed after having their blood sucked by a True Ancestor or another dead apostle. A dead apostle’s body is constantly decaying. Sucking human blood prevents this. Shirley becoming a dead apostle on Alimago Island is quite irregular because it is the result of Norikata’s research. However, after her transformation into a Dead Apostle, she is unable to restraint her desire to suck blood, so Norikata deems it a failure.
    Well, that explains everything from the last episode.

After escaping, Kiritsugu was taught by Natalia to become a mercenary just like her up until their final mission together.
    I wonder when they were having their last conversation if Natalia knew he was going to blow up the plane, but despite that, still talked like they were going to see each other after that?

And Kiritsugu was able to destroy it, but immediately after he just broke down and yelled at himself for listing the logical reasons he had to shoot it down.
    People use that scene as a funny reaction picture now, and seeing it again really makes me wonder about if that's fine.

I do find it interesting that's one of the things that Tokiomi listed off to Kirei when the show started that Kiritsugu's known to have done, but didn't mention the details.

And with that, the show goes to back to the war. Seeing Kiritsugu's again was pretty cool, so I liked the last two episodes.
    I thought the whole airing on Mother's Day thing was a lie, but it turns out it wasn't...
    Last edited by Laserman; February 8th, 2022 at 10:36 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 20: This episode starts with Kiritsugu going to see Irisviel to talk to her, the last time they'll probably be able to do that. He also got Avalon from her too, something that's going to come in very handy soon. After that he decided to go kill Tokiomi, not knowing that Kirei already beat him to it. If he wanted to kill him, he should have done it the day before, but Tokiomi brought up the idea of a alliance. Makes me wonder what would have happened if he was the one to have killed him.

The detail of there not being any barrier since the birds are on the property was cool. So was Kiritsugu using that spray on everything including the blood. With that he was able to see that Tokiomi was the one who died there somehow. And he also noted the two teacups, so he probably already knows who did it.

After that battle with Caster, Rider had to go into spirit form to conserve his energy and recover since his Ionian Hetairoi uses up a lot of mana. To do that faster, Waver brought Rider back to the spot he was first summoned at. Instead of taking a lot of mana from Waver though, he used up most of his own instead twice.

All Waver wants to do is prove himself, that someone like him can whatever he wants with his own two hands. But then Rider is like, that only matters is the Holy Grail exist and talks about his own quest for Okeanus, how that ended and how he doesn't want the same thing to happen to Waver. And his intention to be the one who beats to show her the "true path to kingship", since he doesn't like her way of thinking.

The part with Kariya having a dream about Berserker I did not remember at all. At this point, there that much information to on about his identity, at least there wasn't for me. After getting dropped off he ends up chained to the basement in the Matou house, his wounds healing. Zouken then gives a Kariya a special worm for him at this point of the Holy Grail War and then brags about it being the first one that fed on Sakura's innocent purity, so like the first one that went her inside body, that scared her, I don't know even now or back then. Either way, it's another mana source for him, and Berserker is pretty taxing when it comes to energy consumption.

The scene with Irisviel and Maiya was pretty cool too, talking about what they want to do after the war. Only for that be interrupted by Rider coming out of nowhere to kidnap Irisviel. At this point, I was pretty shocked the first time, since that doesn't seem like something Rider would do. He would just challenge Saber outright if he wanted to fight her, so that didn't add up.

That happened over the phone, so Kiritsugu was able to teleport Saber to the storehouse to chase Rider, leaving behind a wounded Maiya who died from her injuries soon after Kiritsugu made it there. I didn't remember exactly what happened to her, I thought Kirei probably just killed her.

Another great episode and there's only 36 hours left of the war.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 21:
    Saber chasing who she thought was Rider and then finding and racing the real one was so cool. Making the motorcycle just be covered in Invisible Air and changing it like that was incredible. Like it makes her sword invisible, but it's able to do that too. That final charge against was pretty cool too. I guess Saber decided to leave after she found out he didn't have Irisviel. With that, Rider's lost his main Noble Phantasm that gave him his amazing mobility leaving him only with his trump card to use in battle.

I liked how after Kiritsugu finds the piece left behind from the attack that vanishes, he's able to figure out that the Matou family is probably involved with Irisviel's kidnapping by process of elimination and is just shooting someone in the legs to find out where Kariya is. Only to find out that Kirei was the one who picked him up.

You'd think there would have been even more resistance to him getting into the house though.

Meanwhile, Berserker disguised as Rider appears before the two with Irisviel in his hands. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Saber caught up to them.

Berserker has a Noble Phantasm that lets him transform due to the fact he would dress up as other knights in his legends.

He can't use it normally though because he's too insane. It took 2 command seals to make this whole trick happen, which isn't a problem when Kirei has all of the extra ones that he can give to Kariya. For his services, Kirei promised to give Kariya the Holy Grail. This way, he also eliminated the problem of the Servant that was able to counter Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, the only reason why Kiritsugu let Kariya live until now.

Zouken shows up to see what's happening, and says they should fight again when Kirei is more true to himself and that they're alike. I mean, it's not really going to be a fight, the old man's really weak.

The whole entire scene with Kariya at the end is so dumb. Like he couldn't get the words out about being in a setup or think about why an overseer would give him favor over the other Masters beforehand. The poor guy was suffering and fighting for the sake of that lady who he cared about and her child, and she just goes and says that about him, so he just broke down and lashed out at her. And he was right, it was Tokiomi's fault for that mess and the two that were watching the whole entire thing for fun are to blame for the situation.

It was pretty cool episode, but the last scene drags it down. I probably thought the same way the first time I watched it.

There are about 30 hours left and about 4 episodes.
    I might just sit down and watch the next episodes in a row.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Saber moved her armor to cover the motorcycle there. I don't recall if she did anything with Invisible Air as well.

As for Kariya, was he really just trying to save Sakura at the end of the day, with no other expectations? Or did he just want what Tokiomi had?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3