Page 945 of 945 FirstFirst ... 445845895935940943944945
Results 18,881 to 18,896 of 18896

Thread: Fate/Zero Anime (Type-MOON x ufotable)

She outright yells "Invisible Air" when she does the stunt in the anime. Iirc she used it to create a slipstream for more speed.

Fate/Zero Episode 22:
    The old man broke free of the spell he and his wife were under lol. Despite having every right to be mad at Waver, he wasn't, and even said he wouldn't mind him staying longer. He questioned if the thing Waver was fighting for was worth his life.

Kiritsugu's been up for about 40 hours at Ryuudou Temple since it's one of the places where the Grail can manifest. He reasons that that and Fuyuki Citizen's Building would be the places he would most likely be. If he's at the building, he can attack from the front. At first, I wondered why I didn't remember the building and then it just clicked for me, haha...

There won't be in a building in 4 hours.

I guess I forgot that Kirei killed Irisviel in the end of his questioning since her answers made him mad and he doesn't need her alive for the Grail to manifest. He still doesn't understand why Kiritsugu is fighting even now knowing what his wish is, but he's determined to stop him and crush his ideals.
    Sending a bunch up a bunch of magic flares to say that the Grail is as good as claimed as bait to lure everyone beats hunting them down.
    Kiritsugu thought that was dumb though and thinks that it will make killing him more easier.

Waver used all of his Command Seals to order Rider to basically win the war and achieve his goal conquest to lose his Master status. I guess that talk at the beginning really got to him. But Rider says they've fought together against the same powerful enemies, so that makes them friends and that they always will be. And that he should be proud and consider himself his equal, so yeah, he might not be his Master anymore, but he's still going to take him with him into the final battle. That was my favorite moment of the episode. The horse Rider summoned can fly so I don't see why they couldn't just couldn't use that last episode.

That last scene Irisviel inside the grail though with all those bodies was weird. The part where she wishes that Ilya won't share her fate was pretty sad. But that part gives you the real first look at the true nature of the Holy Grail.

There are only 4 hours left and 3 episodes.

I decided to look into Caster's summoning a
    nd it turns out Ryuunosuke killed 42 people in that city before he evensummoned Caster and the cops never caught on to there being a serial killer because he's somehow amazingly good at getting rid of evidence. He wasn't even considered a suspect. I didn't know that before because I never read that, that's scary.

As for Gilles’ relation to sorcery, he turned to alchemy in an attempt to relieve his financial difficulties, and eventually strayed down a dark path that led him to try summoning a demon. But while it’s certainly true that he participated in the ceremony, the actual magus was his friend François Prelati—Gilles himself was nothing more than a patron. As such, he is not a Heroic Spirit that qualifies for the Caster class. Or rather, he is not even a proper Heroic Spirit at all. The fact that Ryuunosuke’s bogus ritual ended up actually completing a summoning sorcery was, honestly, more or less a total fluke. In that sense, the “Caster” Gilles de Rais is just as much of an irregular Servant as the “Assassin” Sasaki Kojirou.
    So he doesn't even really qualify for the Caster class and isn't even a magus let alone a proper Heroic Spirit? The book he has as a Noble Phantasm was from the actual magus?

Ryuunosuke summoning Caster was just a fluke, wow...
    Last edited by Laserman; February 28th, 2022 at 02:19 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

It's a mystic code and I'm pretty sure the mystic code belongs to Beelzebub aka Francois Prelati. Does that make the spellbook a divine construct? Or is Beelzebub not a god?

What? Out of everything I talked about, you care about that? I don't even know...
    Last edited by Laserman; February 28th, 2022 at 03:29 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Either the legend that Prelati showed Beelzebub to Gilles or the legend that Prelati himself was an avatar of Beelzebub.

Fate/Zero Episode 23:
    For the episode to start with Gilgamesh just appearing on the bridge right before Waver and Rider, keeping them from getting to the building... I like how right before the fight they drink wine again and Rider talks about how if they combined his Ionian Hetairoi with Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, then they would they would have the greatest army ever, the two of them could the universe if they desired. He actually tried to sell him on the idea of teaming up again lol.

Only for Gilgamesh to refuse saying he only ever had one comrade and he's all that he intends to have.

He never talked about his identity either, but I guess Rider figured it out in the end.

After that, Rider activated Ionian Hetairoi decides to charge at him. The yelling made me want to scream out too, the first time.

I thought this would be his army against Gate of Babylon the first time, making this be a longer battle, but instead he decides to pull out Ea immediately. But not before using his key to open Gate of Babylon in the first place.

"Uniting dreams beneath a banner of conquest. I praise your efforts at least. But foolish warriors, have you not learned? Dreams disappear when the dreamer wakes, everyone last one of them with no exception."

The Anti-World Noble Phantasm that can destroy all of creation, being used to destroy a Reality Marble is pretty appropriate. I've only ever seen be used as a beam, so seeing it be used not like that, but like some wider attack on the ground itself was a shock.

You can see exactly just when Rider knew he probably couldn't win right when the ground was cracking. If he still had his chariot, he might have had a better chance, but Saber destroyed it. So instead, right before his final charge, he asks Waver to be his vassal, telling him to live and to continue speak of him, Iskandar, the King of Conquerers and makes one last charge at him.

I completely forgot about Gilgamesh using the Chains of Heaven on him though, but Rider does have C Rank Divinity due to his claim of being the son of Zeus. I could understand using one of his other weapons, but he just stabbed him with Ea. It doesn't even have a sharp tip.

For Gilgamesh, the guy that kills anyone that even looks at him without permission letting Waver live due to his loyalty for Rider and complimenting him for it, sure was something back then and even now.

It's tough to see Rider go, but at least he went out fighting. I'll probably talk more about him when I'm done watching the anime.

Saber is fighting Berserker with guns that I have no idea where he got them from, and now Kariya is starting to see things.

The idea of flipping a car and pushing it, using it as shield from the gunfire until she can get a hit in was so cool. But somehow he knew the length of Excalibur so well he was able to catch it with his freaking hands. So she asks for him to reveal his identity as a knight since he had to known her.

I like how he laughs at her saying that.

"Like you really want to know who I am? Okay!"

He was able to understand that much.

Then he reveals his true identity to be Lancelot, said to be one of the, if not the greatest or most well-known Knight of the Round Table.

That's as much as I, or really anyone that isn't a big fan of that kind of history or myths would know. So yeah, that was a shock. I had no idea who he was until she said his name.

Like those guys served under her, why would this knight hate her so much?

So now she has to fight him while he's using Arondight, his Noble Phantasm that buffs his stats at the cost of turning off his other Noble Phantasms.

All of that happened in minutes. I thought a few hours had passed, but that all took minutes. This was such a great episode, the fights were amazing as always and there were some really great moments.

I was really looking forward to this the entire rewatch.
    Last edited by Laserman; March 5th, 2022 at 11:51 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Fate/Zero Episode 24:
    This episode starts with what is probably the best fight in the entire anime. Not any of the battles between the Servants. But the final fight between the last two Masters that are able to fight.

Kiritsugu s facing down the man that Irisviel, Maiya, and himself didn't want to come near. He's fighting Kirei, a Inquisitor, head-on when he much rather would have preferred a simple sneak attack.

I just like when the lights turn on, Kirei's just brings that cross to his mouth. Like he's thanking God for giving him what he wants.

For the fight itself what can I say? It's so good, that when it came out, people were calling it the best fight in anime. It's a contender for sure, even now.
    The anime did explain how the Origin Rounds work even better to me.

The only reason Saber won against Lancelot was because his Master couldn't give him any more energy. If there's one thing I'll always like, it's how when the Berserker-class Servant regains their sanity right as they're dying and say a few final words. Like Berserker did in Fate/Stay Night. He says even after all that has happened, she would still take up her sword to atone to him, and calls her a difficult person. I'm not really sure why he's so angry at her, but it's something I'm interested in.

So the thing that was speaking to Kiritsugu inside the Grail, calling itself the will of the Holy Grail, was Avenger, right? It said it couldn't speak with others without assuming someone else's personality and using it as a shell? Does it not have it's own form? Haven't I seen it already?

At this point I had no idea what was going to happen the first time. The scenarios about the boats, and Kiritsugu being forced to make a decision between them. Like the first I heard the gun fire and saw him open the door to the outside. That's still so...

And before all that, it says "The only way for to understand how the Grail will fulfill your wish, is to explore the question in your inner self." And then all those scenarios are being told to Kiritsugu in his own voice.

"No. No, this not what I want! I want there to be another way to save the world. That's why I believed..., that a miracle was my only hope..."

"Your wish cannot include a method you, yourself, don't already know. If you wish is to save the world, it must be done in a manner that you can fully comprehend."
    Like that freaking matters. It's lying, it'll kill everyone regardless of the wish.

"Like hell! How in the hell, can you call that a miracle?!"

"But it is. The deed you tried so hard to accomplish and failed to do on your own can be accomplished on the scale beyond the power of any man. If that is not a miracle, then what is?"

But it's the very end, where he kills the fake Ilya and Irisviel that surprised me.

Angra Mainya cursed him and told him to suffer until the day he died.

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Well, yeah. Kiritsugu was cursed while Kirei was given a gift. It makes sense when one tried to kill while the other didn't. Especially since Kirei would go on to try to help/save it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I always wondered if it was Iri's influence, as per the one vision/scene he has where he kills Ilya and her, where she curses him, that is the reason he gets cursed. Kotomine accepts it on the other hand and gets a heart.

You were right, it really did target him.
    Now the other thing was, the part where Kiritsugu shoots Kirei that I didn't remember. I thought that he died after the fight and was brought back after the fire started. Kirei really asked Kiritsugu why he refused the Grail, even though he saw exactly what Kiritsugu did.

And the episode ends with Kiritsugu using his last two Command Seals to force Saber to destroy the Grail. An action, she wouldn't understand until 10 years later.

About the Grail though. I understand that it's the insides that matter now. That's why Gilgamesh takes out Ilya's heart in Unlimited Blade Works, I just got that. The insides of the homunculi turn into the physical Holy Grail. But why didn't Ilya ever turn into a cup like Irisviel then?

The last episode is next. I like how the countdown is still going, even though the war might as well be ever. So what is the countdown really for then? What is Point Zero?

- - - Updated - - -

Grail Vessel
    The substitute prepared to facilitate the descent of the Holy Grail. In the first three Grail Wars it was merely an object, but in the fourth war the Einzberns sought to gain an advantage in the struggle for possession of the vessel by implanting it with a will of its own and a sense of identification with the Einzbern family.Although Irisviel’s homunculus body is unmistakably organic, the inorganic Holy Grail was broken down and fused with her organs.
    While it’s certainly true that making the vessel required to win the war a member of their own faction is a reprehensible act of cheating, technically their only obligation is to “deliver a vessel to Fuyuki,” which they did. Besides, it’s a war. Is there really that big of a difference between stealing somebody’s possessions and killing them then taking the body?
    Oh, well that explains some of it. And yeah, it is kind of cheating to have the thing you need to win right at the start.
    Last edited by Laserman; March 18th, 2022 at 11:18 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Your wish cannot include a method you, yourself, don't already know. If you wish is to save the world, it must be done in a manner that you can fully comprehend."
    Like that freaking matters. It's lying, it'll kill everyone regardless of the wish.
    While its true its a monkey's paw, he wants a world where man's desire for evil is expunged thus saving the world by eliminating the source of conflict, and to do that, you'd have to eliminate free will.

Fate/Zero Episode 25: After destroying the freaking cup, the sky just unloaded that mud everywhere. Was it toppling those buildings Kiritsugu saw or was the smoke just going there? It definitely spread a lot more than just the building. But he was so sure that his actions stopped it before that happened.

Kariya had like one more scene until I guess he just died and fell down. After all that man went through for that girl, for her to say that to him... She was twisted even back then, the whole family is. That's probably how I felt about that before, and I still do.

Should have been more like the Kariya I know better, hah.

Was Kirei dying and the Grail healed him, or did it really bring him back from the dead?

"Did my father sire a soulless demon even more evil even than the Devil himself?"
    Pretty close, he's happy with what happened, but yet he's still not satisfied. He wants another chance to do it all again. And he has a Servant who's willing to wait alongside for that day.

He's ready to fight Kirtsugu again, but Kiritsugu just feels so defeated, he doesn't even bother going after him. There's no final battle in the flames, Saber's already gone. It would have been so cool, but it didn't happen here.

Kiritsugu's been to war zones, the disaster shouldn't be bothering him. The only reason it is, is because he was involved in causing it. By trying to find a way to save the world, he created a big tragedy. And not only that, everything he's done to get to that point left him right back where he started.

Butin that fire, he was able to find one young boy who was dying. By managing to save him, he saved himself that day. And that's Point Zero, the moment he found Shirou and saved him. I really didn't remember that, I thought it would be the moment Saber destroyed the Grail, but it was when Kiritsugu saved Shirou that the countdown stopped.

Waver decides to travel after the war, but he's going to need some money to do it. So he's going to stay with that old couple for a while longer. It's something else I forgot. He really did want to go with Rider.

Once again, Kirei is a monster. He freaking smiled when he gave Rin the Azoth Dagger. He tried to hold it in, but you can see a smile forming as the little girl is crying thinking about her dad.

There were a few more words from Berserker though as he was dissapearing. He wanted to be punished for what he did. But Saber didn't, and so that's what caused him to go mad. But despite that, he still says that all the knights thought she was the greatest king.

There is a scene that said he did try to get Ilya, but they never let him through the barrier. I guess he couldn't have someone else do it for him either or use one of his tricks. Did Kiritsugu ever think about the next war or what should be done about that?

I liked the final scene with him and Shirou and how Shirou says he'll take on Kiritsugu's ideals and become a hero for him. It was a nice way to end this anime.

I loved it, it was great from start to finish. I'd have to stretch and look for things I didn't like. If anything, this whole rewatch taught me I should trust myself more. I should really trust myself more. It's a real confidence boost.

Dont.

Opinions of other people, including ourselves, are always biased.

Rather than secondguessing yourself because of the opinion of an internet rando, its better to secondguess from rewatching it. That way, at least its still your opinion.
    I did it castor, I finished it. It took me a while though.

Now then:

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Is it our fault, or Fate/Zero's fault.
    Good question. Well, while I did forgot some important things, I think I did forget how much I liked it the first time I watched it. So some of that is on me. Otherwise..., honestly, kind of. Some of the stuff people were saying really got to me. But, I think I can be more honest with how I feel now about things.

Fate/Zero is the best anime spinoff, it has no real competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Don't let other people ruin it for you. It's still great and mostly true aside from VERY few differences.
    Yeah. It's still great. It's nice to be able to see something again and what I said before.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    To me he was a kind of character I've never seen in Fate/Stay Night. Rider was loud, charismatic, and exciting. He just gave out his true name in front of the other Masters and Servants. He didn't care if they knew, in fact he wanted everyone to know who he was. And in middle of all the plotting and scheming between the Masters/Servants, he and Waver just did their own thing. And that's not talking about his influence on Waver.
    I still think this. He was amazing, I wish I could see him again. Vast improvement from the one in Fate/Stay Night, so much better. Waver got off the best compared to everyone else and even has his own spinoff series.

I really liked the music too, there are plenty of songs that I'd listen too, and are memorable. I don't know why the more of the songs in Unlimited Blade Works aren't more like the one's Fate/Zero. You have the same composer and everything. This did make me miss Kalafina though, what happened to them really sucks.
    Last edited by Laserman; March 22nd, 2022 at 12:14 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I guess he couldn't have someone else do it for him either or use one of his tricks. Did Kiritsugu ever think about the next war or what should be done about that?
    Too busy dying from Angra Mainyu to manage the former, set up some mines to wreck the Fuyuki leylines in 50 years for the latter.
    Fate/Zero is the best spinoff, it has no real competition.
    Correct.
    You have the same composer and everything.
    Zero is Yuki Kaijura, UBW is Hideyuki Fukusawa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Hello there, about to watch the anime again, but this time with knowledge about FSN and FHA.

Is there a subtitle version which is considered as approved by BL's community?

By browsing through this thread, it appears the official subtitles aren't on par with the LN on some points, but i can't tell if it's a subtitle error or a choice from the producer reflected in the VA, or if the official subtitles are actually good enough.
    According to AniDB, there are AI-Raws, GHOST, Anime Time, iAHD and Tenrai-Sensei who made english fansubs, but they may be anime-only watcher who weren't thorough since they sub multiple anime rather than committing on the nasuverse.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kador View Post
    Hello there, about to watch the anime again, but this time with knowledge about FSN and FHA.

Is there a subtitle version which is considered as approved by BL's community?

By browsing through this thread, it appears the official subtitles aren't on par with the LN on some points, but i can't tell if it's a subtitle error or a choice from the producer reflected in the VA, or if the official subtitles are actually good enough.
    According to AniDB, there are AI-Raws, GHOST, Anime Time, iAHD and Tenrai-Sensei who made english fansubs, but they may be anime-only watcher who weren't thorough since they sub multiple anime rather than committing on the nasuverse.
    I don't know if you'll be able to track them down but UTW (standing for Unlimited Translation Works) should be the group that has the most widely accepted translation around here.
    They released their batch some 10 years ago though... so I can't guarantee you'll be able to get it.
    burn your dread you coward

Thank you really much for the answer, their website is still up, it was indeed 10-11 years ago but their work is still available through a little workaround with magnets

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    IIRC the Coal Girls group was the ones who did the UTW subs on the BD rips, if you can find it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Okay, so after getting episode 1 from various sources, and then extracting the subtitles, it appears everyone uses UTW's script, with not a single different word.
    Some refer to UTW as "Original Script" in the subtitle file, while others don't.
    Maybe episode 1 is a special case where UTW or Aniplex's work was good enough to not require any change, but i don't feel checking every episode right now.

About Coalgirls, apparently they stopped hosting their work themselves last year, with their magnets hosted on nyaa which has no seeder for Fzero, and bakabt which became private, others trackers either redirect to the no seeder nyaa link or dead links. Impossible for me to check their subtitle files.
    According to an answer on their website, Coalgirls weren't the ones who did the UTW subs, since they were "late" compared to UTW.
    Spoiler:

According to aniDB, Coalgirls ended up releasing UTW as one of their sub tracks, and idk if "R1" is their own work or a sign/song track.
    Spoiler:

So unless anyone can provide sub files from coalgirls, i will consider everyone is using the unmodified script from UTW, which is a little bummer not gonna lie, i expected at least one group to rename Ilya to Illya.

Coalgirls always went by editing already existing scripts most of the time as far I remember, and sometimes the editing wouldn't do better to the original version, no matter how stiff it was. Just stick with UTW to Zero. Fate has never been that much granted with excellent subs anyway.

My personal cope it's that someday Petrikow will release his LE version and we'll have some good stuff along with Kaleido Subs' HFs.
    Last edited by Tenshi; January 10th, 2023 at 09:22 AM.