Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Consideration of Courtesies Exchanged

In Consideration of Courtesies Exchanged

----------------
    Last edited by Gl❀w; February 6th, 2021 at 12:09 AM.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have read this before and so further critique would be unnecessary, but I still approve of it officially.

My usual reply stands: "Poor Waver."
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

---------------
    Last edited by Gl❀w; February 6th, 2021 at 12:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    I like the feeling of tense timing in this section of your story. It flows back and forth between Luvia seeming as if she wants to imagine that this is no big deal, nothing to worry about, likening the package to a box of chocolates almost as if to deceive herself into a kind mundane acceptance and then going back to her actual concerns. The description of physical movement is really nice, and I can very much feel that this is someone moving about in their personal space, looking over important paperwork and the ring. Luvia's very technical inspection of the diamond also seems to suit her, to me.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Oh good, you finally posted the Wuvia, good. You aleady know what I think of this friend.

Blog Entries
    Poor Waver.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Keo View Post
    Poor Waver.
    Are we making a meme?

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm not sure what the meme you're getting at is. But aside from that, I'd hope this veers into comedy a little because Luvia trying to be cute with Waver's idealized contract marriage seems entertaining.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Well, I'm not sure what the meme you're getting at is. But aside from that, I'd hope this veers into comedy a little because Luvia trying to be cute with Waver's idealized contract marriage seems entertaining.
    If it'll keep you reading, I can promise there'll be some comedic elements laced in.

Also, the meme she's referring to is "Poor Waver." It's almost a punchline for her at this point.
    Last edited by Gl❀w; January 26th, 2016 at 09:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh, please, don't change it for me. I'll read anyways.

and no I don't know your secret memes

Oh, please, don't change it for me. I'll read anyways.

and no I don't know your secret memes
    No changes needed. There's a reason "poor Waver" is a thing.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    This is an interesting setting to develop. I foresee a very lad-banter sort of future.

Quote Originally Posted by White Len View Post
    This is an interesting setting to develop. I foresee a very lad-banter sort of future.
    Thanks! I was nervous about posting this but I'm glad that it's at least sparking curiosity and I hope everyone will give it a chance to branch out and grow a bit before they make a final call.

Blog Entries
    Now, however, the smooth assuredness with which he spoke was replaced by halting sentences and pouted lips. She vaguely remembered some of this demeanor from many years ago, when she first met him as a teenager, but it had been a long time. She’d assumed a man in his mid-thirties would have abandoned that sort of behavior.
    Ah, I was actually about to ask how old Waver was supposed to be. I feel nicely anticipated with how his particular resentment here must be.

this?” She
    Lowercase btw

Ah, I was actually about to ask how old Waver was supposed to be. I feel nicely anticipated with how his particular resentment here must be.
    Yeah, my conception for this is that Luvia is about 25, which puts Waver about 35, 36ish.

Lowercase btw
    Thanks, fixed : )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    Yeah, my conception for this is that Luvia is about 25, which puts Waver about 35, 36ish.

Thanks, fixed : )
    It was somewhat of a question because I was thinking of him as actually being like mid 20s from the prologue, with the awkward petulancy.

It was somewhat of a question because I was thinking of him as actually being like mid 20s from the prologue, with the awkward petulancy.
    I don't think Waver ever really truly outgrows his awkward petulancy. I think he just gets better at hiding it. That's just my personal opinion, but I'm open to characterization suggestions.

Blog Entries
    I like how the awkwardness plays out on both sides in this chapter but differently according to different perspectives. Waver seems to be at a disadvantage because he is not natively from a world where these kinds of agreements are common or even standard. Luvia, on the other hand, seems to find the awkwardness in Waver as a person up until the point when she realizes some apprehension about the fact that, maybe, she's also disadvantaged like a piece in a game. I like that metaphor, and so far I think the chess metaphor has been utilized well. I also think it's interesting that Luvia chooses the "my Lord" epithet for him even though I doubt it's absolutely required by etiquette. It seems like Luvia is using a certain kind of hyper-politeness as some kind of both mockery and/or leverage, as it suits her. I'm not sure whether Waver picks up on that yet or not. It's interesting that he noticed her anxious body language. I think that he would have observational skills like that, but it makes me wonder how far they extend to nuanced expressions of power or subtleties in conversation, and in turn how much Luvia takes her position with him for granted. I like that there's tension but not animosity since this union is agreed-to but not in the basis of mutual passion or love.

Other Links

Spoiler:

For a moment I believe than Lluvia still was a teenager and all this setting was part of a 5 grial war fanfic.

I like how this go for now.

Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    For a moment I believe than Lluvia still was a teenager and all this setting was part of a 5 grial war fanfic.

I like how this go for now.
    Thanks for the feedback

I'm glad I accomplished what I needed to in terms of ages, because I thought people might make some default assumptions otherwise and I guess it looks like I was right.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be getting the next chapter up as soon as I can get it to stop merging posts, gdi.