Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Handwriting Challenge

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm very interested in the fact that some people took the "Element" part to be an actual chemical element and others read it for nasuverse context. I tried to be ambiguous enough for interpretations of some stuff to vary, so I'm glad it worked that way.

... Glow, why do we write similarly???

Also, if people are interested I'll do more of these in future once I have ten more prompts between myself and the input of others.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    ... Glow, why do we write similarly???
    The same reason we constantly say the same thing at the same time, probably. We're one episode of Dragon Ball Z away from being the same person.

Blog Entries

wasn't using my own pen, doesn't count
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Leo you weakling.

You can't even manage a word of cursive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Would it count if I did the writing on my tablet or does it have to be paper with a photo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Would it count if I did the writing on my tablet or does it have to be paper with a photo?
    I think it counts either way but like personally my tablet handwriting is a bit different from my paper handwriting due to friction differences

So its up to you what you want to show the world

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

It took me more than one try to figure out how to write cursive again

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Is it weird that I think your handwriting looks like your art style?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably because of the ink tool, in which the pressure has the strokes taper to a point. As opposed to the pen or pencil, in which the pressure instead also affects opacity; the fact that ink doesn't affect opacity gives it, IMO, a "bolder" look.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Frostyvale; March 8th, 2016 at 09:16 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Round Two:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Leo you weakling.

You can't even manage a word of cursive?
    No, is just be doing dumb twirls with my pen. The only time cursive happened to me was the 4th grade teacher who thought it was important and literally never otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Keo View Post
    No, is just be doing dumb twirls with my pen. The only time cursive happened to me was the 4th grade teacher who thought it was important and literally never otherwise.
    Hmph.

Back in my day, we learned to write cursive before we learned to write print.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

thread ruined by scary asian languages we can leave now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Hmph.

Back in my day, we learned to write cursive before we learned to write print.
    back in my day we never learned to write print.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

thread ruined by scary asian languages we can leave now

- - - Updated - - -

back in my day we never learned to write print.
    Why would you try to make people leave my thread? I like your writing in a language I can't read.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries

Now Bridge come on and horrify us again with yours.

- - - Updated - - -

In my generation and part of America, you get taught cursive in like second grade but get told by like fifth grade not to write in it since the teachers can't read your shitty handwriting anyway and print makes it slightly easier to figure out. I think it's something like 1 out of 5 people actually uses it nationally.
    We on the other hand were taught extensively to write in cursive including calligraphy lessons. I don't bother to write pretty though and that was in the Dark Ages before cell phones became a thing anyway.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My quality of writing decreases drastically when I'm at work, though. This is at home so it's the best I got!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Behold the bad quality pic and with non-dominant hand. And bad jokes to boot.