Page 1 of 94 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Zero Complex

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Fate/Zero Complex

Fate/Zero Complex

In the Third War for the Holy Grail, the Einzbern family disrupted the pattern of Heaven's Feel, calling forth the forbidden class Avenger, that they might reclaim their place as the wielders of the Third Magic. They wished to bring forth the divinity called Angra Mainyu, the evil god against which none could long endure...but what they summoned was not quite what they expected.

What their odd ritual called into existence was a nameless one - a sacrificial vessel bearing the wishes of humanity that something other than they might be the source of all evil - and more importantly, one helpless to defend himself in a war of heroes.

In the first battle, he was struck down, his essence breaking down and entering the Grail, where the wish he embodied was granted, with the force contained within the once colorless vessel stained by human wishes and dreams, things that would inevitably lead to the world's ruin. For the one branded as Angra Mainyu was no more than a reflection of humanity, his existence holding the mirror to those who had first cursed him, twisted him from simple villager into an implacable wanderer whose spirit could never truly know rest as long as the descendants of those who had named him still existed.

And as long as any human denied responsibility for their acts of violence, held frustration or anger towards their fellow man, desired to be free of stain or torment - he would continue to exist, bound to his role until the end of time, granting their wishes.

For millennia he had existed. For millennia he had witnessed the crimes of man. For millennia he had been trapped between the vale of life and death, as he was even now.

...until after over half a century in darkness, the Grail was once again awakened at a cycle of an ancient ritual, and a chance came to shatter the chains of fate binding him to this ludicrous world.

For what was the Grail but a vessel that existed to grant a wish? And what was he but the embodiment of wishes...including his own which none had ever heeded?

His cries resonated in the void between worlds, where they joined with the desperation of one who had been trapped as a Zero, heaped with scorn and ridicule for the crime of seemingly having no magic. Both wish for something to change, for the world to tremble and for them to be free...

...a flash of green, a sensation of falling through an expanse vaster than anything human comprehension, through the primordial 「 」 Avenger had dwelt in for too long...and then there was light.

Premise:

Much as in canon, the summoning of Avenger in the Third War had more permanent consequences than any realized, as the Grail would inevitably react to the wishes of those who joined with it. In this case, however, more than the collected wishes of others heaped onto Avenger's soul, it read his own unheard wish for freedom, and so, when the Fourth War began, the summonings were twisted.

For when Avenger was drawn forth into another world, ripples and eddies were left in his wake, pulling the Masters and Servants of the War after him, into random locations in that other place and time.

As a participant of the Fourth War, you emerge somewhere in the continent of Halkeginia* (roll 1d4, 1d10, and 1d6 for exact location, surroundings, and situation), possessing whatever canonical knowledge and abilities the character did, and rather confused by where you are. Your summoned Servant is likewise slightly puzzled by the circumstances, but it isn't any stranger than being summoned from the Throne in the first place.

Where are you? What happened? Is the war still on-going? Can you go home?

These questions linger, without answer, even as a more pressing thought comes to the fore: what will you do with a Heroic Spirit in this world where magecraft is seen as supreme? Will you conquer, will you liberate, will you hide?

Your fate...is in your hands.

Available Characters:
    None

Claimed:

Irisviel von Einzbern (the Lesser Grail) [1d4=1, 1d10=4, 1d6=5] - Claimed by lethum, Iris appears in a small farming village in Tristain known as Tarbes, one of the friendlier possible areas. There are a middling number of people around on their way to market, but none really take too much notice of her except as much as any noble would receive

Emiya Kiritsugu (Master of Saber) [1d4=1, 1d10=9, 1d6=5] - Claimed by Fangstrike, Emiya Kiritsugu arrives in Tristania, capital of Tristain, appearing unnoticed amidst the audience in the Royal Tanaijiiru Theater, where the play Tristania’s Holiday is being acted out (something of a romantic comedy, where a princess of a certain country and a court messenger of another meet, identities hidden, though once they fall in love…they learn each other’s identities and separate. A sad story). Scattered in the audience (of nobles) are conspirators holding whispered conversations about most base treachery and possible overthrow of the government.

Waver Velvet (Master of Rider) [1d4=2, 1d10=2, 1d6=4]- Claimed by Froggie, Waver Velvet falls out of the sky near a small village of orphans in Albion, where is being watched by a gaggle of curious children. The nearest town is a half-day's journey away on foot, and Rider is nearby, looking at home enough in the primitive environment, though he had expected a grander modern age. Welcome to Albion, during the civil war.

Matou Kariya (Master of Berserker) [1d4=2, 1d10=10, 1d6=2] - Claimed by Theocrass, Kariya arrives in Londonium, the capital city of Albion, as a massive naval battle for control is going on in the skies above. The main sky-ships of the line have been gathered for an action in force, and pockets of frenzied skirmishing are taking place in the streets. A fierce fight is being waged, with sword and arrow and magic - and he has been thrust into its midst, with Berserker by his side.

Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi (Master of Lancer) [1d4=4, 1d10=7, 1d6=1] - Claimed by Brynhilde, Lord El-Melloi lands unconscious in the royal palace of Versailles, de facto capital of the fair nation of Gallia. They are in the wine cellar, where they are discovered by the serving staff and are promptly thrown into the dungeons as spies.

Tohsaka Tokiomi (Master of Archer) [1d4=4, 1d10=6, 1d6=2] - Claimed by Milbunk, Tokiomi faceplants into the cargo hold of a sky ship bound from La Rochelle, Gallia to Albion, carrying a large shipment of gunpowder, sulphur, and tomatoes. He is not particularly amused.

Kotomine Kirei (Master of Assassin) [1d4=4, 1d10 = 10, 1d6 = 6] - Claimed by Chaos Greyblood, Kotomine Kirei lands on his feet in an alcove of the cathedral of Lutèce, capital of Gallia, unnoticed by any around him. Should he attempt to move around, he is thought of as a member of the Church and left alone.

Uryuu Ryuunosuke (Master of Caster) [1d4=4, 1d10=5, 1d6=4] - Claimed by LeopardBear, Uryuu Ryuunosuke appears in the Gallian village near Ragdorian Lake, in the royal villa that serves as the prison for the remnants of the D'Orleans family that lost a succession fight for the throne. He is alone, but dazed, in the bedchamber of the insane duchess, where he sees the woman clutching a doll that she calls "Charlotte."

Restricted:
    Avenger
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; June 18th, 2011 at 11:14 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whoo! Gogo Irisviel!

1d4=1, 1d10=4, 1d6=5

I do believe that was the most purple-prosey introduction I've ever read.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    I do believe that was the most purple-prosey introduction I've ever read.
    Possibly so, but it's only imitating the nasu style.

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Whoo! Gogo Irisviel!

1d4=1, 1d10=4, 1d6=5
    Iris appears in a small farming village in Tristain known as Tarbes, one of the friendlier possible areas. There are a middling number of people around on their way to market, but none really take too much notice of her except as much as any noble would receive
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; June 14th, 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Iris appears in a small farming village in Tristain known as Tarbes, one of the friendlier possible areas. There are a middling number of people around on their way to market, but none really take too much notice of her except as much as any noble would receive
    I suppose that I have to wait for more people to show up, right?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    I suppose that I have to wait for more people to show up, right?
    So it seems, yes. Shouldn't be too much longer though, or so one hopes. I mean hey, if you play your cards right, you could get Iskander vs Gilgamesh...

The Holy Grail War in Halkeginia - who knows, perhaps it will on a scale never before seen, as the mad circus of death begins.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I play can I troll Velvet?

Teasing the Penguin God!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    If I play can I troll Velvet?
    You'd be Velvet, not just in his head. For that... go back to F/HG...

Dammit Alf!
    Finish your other things before starting more RPs!
    -Insert witty signature here-

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Saint View Post
    Dammit Alf!
    Finish your other things before starting more RPs!
    I'm working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie View Post
    Hm, not much knowledgeable about forum RPing, but I'd like to try my hand at Waver No guesses as to why

1d4,1d10,1d6=[2], [2], [4]

Waver Velvet falls out of the sky near a small village of orphans in Albion, where is being watched by a gaggle of curious children. The nearest town is a half-day's journey away on foot, and Rider is nearby, looking at home enough in the primitive environment, though he had expected a grander modern age. Welcome to Albion, during the civil war.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; June 14th, 2011 at 11:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    You'd be Velvet, not just in his head. For that... go back to F/HG...
    Yes sir! *salutes to white ren*

By the way did you get my draft?

Teasing the Penguin God!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    By the way did you get my draft?
    Yeah, I'm working on it.

Blog Entries
    ...Ah... Too bad Ilya isn't an option...

(goes back to writing stuff now)

(Kotomine might be nice to play...)
    Last edited by deviatesfish; June 15th, 2011 at 12:16 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggie View Post
    So I suppose at this point it's time to wait for more players before I start acting out Waver, correct?
    Indeed, the oldest and most unpleasant game of them all - the Waiting Game.

Blog Entries
    Mm. On one hand I want to see more fic. On the other, I want to see more players...

Dilema¬

Blog Entries
    I love that game!

Teasing the Penguin God!

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OH MY GOD! KARIYA! KARIYA! I WANT SO BAD TO BE KARIYA!

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Blog Entries
    Run Lancelot, The bear is after you!

Teasing the Penguin God!