Page 11 of 277 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, big list of spells is fun and not boring. That's good to hear.

Having The Fool as a possible damsel in distress is something I hadn't considered. That does open other possibilities.

And it seems like having differing factions is also a good bonus.

Anybody else want to chip in? I'm curious as to what other thinks as well

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmm, perhaps the one who falls under The Star could work as THE main character. Or perhaps someone with The Moon; if you really want someone who has tribulations in his/her life and seeks for a way to go through them all, try The Tower.

As per enemy generation, we could try it like the older Persona games or perhaps a mix of P1-2 and P3.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Froggie: I have not really a problem, just commenting, but the Persona RP is on the making. I was a bit busy with exams, but that ends monday, so well, there may be a lot of overlap if you make another one xD.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    That does sound like fun. Have The Star be the leader and The Fool the Mc.Guffin?

For enemies I was thinking a mix up of 2, 3 and 4, which are the ones I'm more familiar with.

That being said, currently trying to come up with some sort of stat system to start things off. In my early P3P save, around level 10, the highest stat that characters have is 12 so lets use that as a cap for beginner characters. This actually fits with the system used in a Persona RP I digged up. It goes as follows:

(01) D-
    (02) D
    (03) D+

(04) C-
    (05) C
    (06) C+

(07) B-
    (08) B
    (09) B+

(10) A-
    (11) A
    (12) A+

Using 35 as an overall cap, you could have two maxed out stats, but shoddy stats in the rest. If you max out one, you can have a better balance between the others.

HP would be EN x 20 and MP would be MA x 15, maybe? Keeping the costs for the original spells (6mp for single target and 12mp for multi target), this could be quite generous, I think. Too high maybe, or just right?e

edit: Then again, this sounds too exploitable. Max out both En and Ma, load up on Dia skills, and it just gets silly.

@RacingeR: Just musing on what running would take. I've never run one myself so I'd feel a little daunted by the task, but the idea wouldn't leave my head, so here I am again.

Blog Entries
    I just remembered a few things from the level up system from Shin Megami Tensei, although there are a few more stats in that one than the Persona series.

- STR and END could be applied for HP as well besides being used for power and physical defense, respectively. But every few points invested in STR will allow you to also increase the HP. You could probably find a balance for that, though.

- SPD affected the overal agility of the charcter, as well as defense after investing a certain amount of points.

- MAG increases both magical power and SP, though magical power is given more priority.

- INT increases the SP limit as well as mental defenses. Every once in a while, it also confers a bonus to magic power

- END could be used for physical defense and STA for HP.

- LUK is... well, Luck. You know the drill on that one.

If you can find a way to negociate the HP and SP gains, it's possible that a certain number is confered to them for each level up without using one of the atributes. It's up to you if you want to use that method, though.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    Ah, I kind of wanted to keep the original array of Persona stats. Could lead to some fun, making a status screen for people Though it is pretty damn challenging to come up with this on your own.

I thought maybe lowering the cap and enforcing a minimum per stat. For example:

30 points, maximum 12 points, minimum 3.

An array could look something like

St 3 (D+)
    En 12 (A+)
    Ma 9 (B+)
    Ag 3 (D+)
    Lu 3 (D+)

One maxed out stat, one good stat, and three mediocre ones... Or maybe that's too punitive.

Maybe it would be easier to use six stats, like you suggested, and applying a DnD point buy system to it..-

Blog Entries
    To those familiar and unfamiliar with Persona, how does this sound?

In the year 2009, you experienced something... bizarre. One day, as the clock struck midnight, a strange waking dream overtook your comfortable reality. The world around you took a sickly hue of greenish yellow, the people that stood around you disappeared to be replaced by upright coffins, and, no matter where you looked you, you could only see splatters of blood and impossible architecture, irreverent to the laws of physics.

In this bizarre World of Midnight, there were only shadows and nightmares. In the distance, beyond the coffins, you could see strange things moving in manners that no human or animal should move. Strange shadows, contorting and dancing through the coffins. Where the shadows moved, no coffins were left, and only splatters of blood remained.

You ran.

You hid.

How long was it? A whole year? A month? A few days?

The World of Midnight opened it's circus of nightmares for you every night at the stroke of midnight. Inexplicable murders took place and you could do nothing but wonder and shiver. The mangled remains of the victims were always at the place that you saw the inhuman things shamble through.

The World of Midnight held you captive every night.

Until, suddenly, on the 31st of January of 2010... it stopped.

The clock struck midnight and there were no strange hues, no shadows, no distortions, no coffins, no blood. Everything returned to normal. Peace of mind and restful sleep.

It doesn't matter. It is in the past. You have kept it secret because, who would believe? Did you dismiss it as a recurring nightmare? Or did you perhaps carry a nagging doubt in the back of your mind throughout the years? Whatever you might have chosen to do, you have carried on with your life.

It is now 2020.

And The World of Midnight has returned, bringing with it the terrors of your past.

You ran.

You hid.

And you were caught.

The strange shadows. so bizarre to look at that they make you feel at the brink of vomiting, have surrounded you. There is nowhere to run anymore, nowhere to hide.

You are about to die.
    }ï{

But the killing blow does not land.

It is you who is alive, and it is the shadows that have perished.

Standing near you, almost translucent, glowing with an unearthly radiance, is a spirit. It feels familiar to look upon, despite it's strange form. Almost like meeting again with an old friend. It turns to you and speaks, a somber voice which echoes in your mind:

"I am thou,
    and thou art I.
    From the sea of thy soul, I come."

Blog Entries
    It said I get 100% Emperor. Does that mean I can have a Theodore Roosevelt persona?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggie View Post
    Ah, I kind of wanted to keep the original array of Persona stats. Could lead to some fun, making a status screen for people Though it is pretty damn challenging to come up with this on your own.

I thought maybe lowering the cap and enforcing a minimum per stat. For example:

30 points, maximum 12 points, minimum 3.

An array could look something like

St 3 (D+)
    En 12 (A+)
    Ma 9 (B+)
    Ag 3 (D+)
    Lu 3 (D+)

One maxed out stat, one good stat, and three mediocre ones... Or maybe that's too punitive.

Maybe it would be easier to use six stats, like you suggested, and applying a DnD point buy system to it..-
    Hey, it was a suggestion. Whichever system of stats you wish to use is up to you, of course. I just did all that so that you'll be able to compare them and see the details.

Hmmm... That backstory sounds kinda nice.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    In the year 2009, you experienced something... bizarre. One night, as the clock struck midnight, a strange waking dream overtook your comfortable reality. The world around you took a sickly hue of greenish yellow, the people that stood around you disappeared to be replaced by upright coffins, and, no matter where you looked you, you could only see splatters of blood and impossible architecture, irreverent to the laws of physics.

In this bizarre World of Midnight, there were only shadows and nightmares. In the distance, beyond the coffins, you could see strange things moving in manners that no human or animal should move. Strange shadows, contorting and dancing through the coffins. Where the shadows moved, no coffins were left, and only splatters of blood remained.

You ran.

You hid.

The World of Midnight opened it's circus of nightmares for you every night at the stroke of midnight. Inexplicable murders took place and you could do nothing but wonder and shiver. The mangled remains of the victims were always at the place that you saw the inhuman things shamble through.

The World of Midnight held you captive every night and every night was a struggle to avoid being caught by those incomprehensible things on the edge of your vision.

The clock struck midnight and there were no strange hues, no shadows, no distortions, no coffins, no blood. Everything returned to normal. Peace of mind and restful sleep.

It doesn't matter. It is in the past. You have kept it secret because, who would believe? Did you dismiss it as a recurring nightmare? Or did you perhaps carry a nagging doubt in the back of your mind throughout the years? Whatever you might have chosen to do, you have carried on with your life.

It is now 2020.

And The World of Midnight has returned, bringing with it the terrors of your past.

You ran.

You hid.

And you were caught.

The strange shadows. so bizarre to look at that they make you feel at the brink of vomiting, have surrounded you. There is nowhere to run anymore, nowhere to hide.

You are about to die.

The killing blow does not land.

Standing near you, almost translucent, glowing with an unearthly radiance, is a spirit. It feels familiar to look upon, despite it's strange form. Almost like meeting again with an old friend. It turns to you and speaks, a somber voice which echoes in your mind:

"I am thou,
    and thou art I.
    From the sea of thy soul I come."

The strange words ring in your ears as you try to puzzle their meaning. However, you do not have overlong to consider as you hear a strange noise behind you. Your turn around and a rushing sound of wind passes by you. Your previous location is gone and you suddenly find yourself streaming past a corridor at high speed and towards a door colored in blue that opens itself as you approach.

There is a blinding light.

And you find yourself inside a room of royal blue. An eery aura fills the room, but it's not an unfriendly one.

The man behind the table speaks, and he says:

"Ah, welcome to The Velvet Room. We have been expecting you."

The strange man with soothing voice introduces himself as Igor and proceeds to explain. What you have been experiencing is a phenomenon known as The Dark Hour, an hour of still timed between one day and the next. A distortion in the world due to the interference of the strange monsters known as Shadows. The Dark Hour can only be experienced by people with the power to summon Personas, fragments of their own soul wearing the facade of myths to protect them from the presence of Shadows. Shadows attack the coffins, transmogrified people, and kill them for sustenance. They're wicked monsters born from the darkness of people's hearts and will prey on them to sustain themselves. If they're all destroyed, The Dark Hour will disappear and people will be safe once more. However, if you do that, the frozen hour of time will disappear and so will your new found powers.

The Arcana determines the power of Persona, he explains. Are you wise like The Priestess? Confident like The Emperor? Driven like The Chariot? Perhaps you are kind like The Empress? The Persona is a reflection of your soul in the truest sense of the world. It is the mask with which you can face any hardship that life might throw your way.

The power of Persona, Igor explains as he hands you a key in the same royal blue color of the rest of the room, is yours to do with as you will. Will you defend the innocent from the Shadows or will you seek to protect The Dark Hour and it's promises of power from others such as yourself? Whatever you might choose, The Velvet Key will always let you back into The Velvet Room where you will be under Igor's protection.

You wake up in your room the following morning.

Was it all a dream?

No, you are tightly clutching the blue colored key in your hands.

Who are you? What is your Arcana? Who is your Persona?

And, what will you do with your new found power?

There doesn't seem to be much interest, but I felt like expanding the introduction, as it were, a bit more.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggie View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much interest, but I felt like expanding the introduction, as it were, a bit more.
    I'm interested in the rp. And this seems like a good introduction.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Give it a bit more time and promote it some more. It'll probably catch on.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    I'm interested in the rp. And this seems like a good introduction.
    Definitely interested.

Blog Entries
    For anyone here they should check out Fate/ Smash Bros, as of now I'm allowing people to play as the Canon characters if they want.

Also for this next RP I'm working on all I can say is, battle of the Roneries

Never played Smash Bros, so I wouldn't understand jack. Sorry, Mil.

Blog Entries
    I'm interested in this too, Froggie! The big post over there is more interesting than my Negima!/Nasuverse RP by like 100000000000000000000%! Also... feasibility of having Roosevelt?

Blog Entries
    My boss called in sick today (Hahaha, take that, you witch!) so I had a lot of free time today.

The Beginning
    In the year 2009, you experienced something... bizarre. One night, as the clock struck midnight, a strange waking dream overtook your comfortable reality. The world around you took a sickly hue of greenish yellow, all electronic equipment nearby failed, the people that stood around you disappeared to be replaced by upright coffins, and, no matter where you looked you, you could only see splatters of blood and impossible architecture, irreverent to the laws of physics.

You ran.

You hid.

The World of Midnight held you captive every night and every night was a struggle to avoid being caught by those incomprehensible things on the edge of your vision.

It is now 2019.

You ran.

You hid.

And you were caught.

The strange shadows, so bizarre to look at that they make you feel at the brink of vomiting, have surrounded you. There is nowhere to run anymore, nowhere to hide.

You are about to die.

}ï{

The killing blow does not land.

Standing beside you, almost translucent and glowing with an unearthly radiance, is a spirit. It feels familiar to look upon, despite its strange form. Almost like meeting again with an old friend. Almost like watching your own reflection in a moonlit pool. The spirit turns to you and speaks with a somber voice that reverberates in your mind and echoes in your heart:

"I am thou,
    and thou art I.
    From the sea of thy soul, I come."

The strange words ring in your ears as you try to puzzle their meaning. However, you do not have overlong to consider as you hear a strange noise behind you. You turn around and a rushing sound of wind passes by you. Your previous location is gone and you suddenly find yourself streaming past a corridor at high speed and towards a door colored in blue that opens itself with a loud creak as you approach.

There is a blinding light.

And you find yourself inside a room of royal blue. An eery aura fills the room, but it's not an unfriendly one.

The man behind the table speaks, and he says:

"Ah, welcome to The Velvet Room. We have been expecting you."

The strange man with soothing voice introduces himself as Igor and proceeds to explain. What you have been experiencing is a phenomenon known as The Dark Hour, an hour of stilled time between one day and the next. It is a distortion in the world caused by the presence of the strange monsters known as Shadows.

The Dark Hour can only be experienced by people with the power to summon Persona, fragments of their own soul wearing the facade of myths and legends to protect them from the presence of Shadows. Shadows attack the coffins, transmogrified people, and kill them for sustenance. They're wicked monsters born from the darkness of humanity's heart and will prey on them to seek to spread destruction and chaos wherever they can. If they're all destroyed, The Dark Hour will disappear and people will be safe once more. However, if you do that, the frozen hour of time will disappear and so will your new found powers.

The Arcana determines the power of Persona, he explains. Are you calm like The Priestess? Confident like The Emperor? Driven like The Chariot? Perhaps you are kind like The Empress? The Persona is a reflection of your soul in the truest sense of the world. It is the mask with which you can face any hardship that life might throw your way.

There are others like yourself, Igor states, with their own masks and with their own motives. Whether you work together or against each other is entirely up to you.

The power of Persona, Igor explains as he hands you a key in the same royal blue color of the rest of the room, is yours to do with as you will. It is your soul and yours alone. Will you defend the innocent from the Shadows or will you seek to protect The Dark Hour and its promises of power from others such as yourself? Whatever you might choose, The Velvet Key will always let you back into The Velvet Room where you will always be welcome.

You wake up in your room the following morning.

Was it all a dream?

No, it was not a dream. You are tightly clutching the blue colored key in your hands.

Who are you? What is your Arcana? Who is your Persona?

And, what will you do with your newfound power?

One thing is certain, however: The time for running and hiding is past.

}ï{

Time never waits.
    It delivers all equally to the same end.

You, who hold dominion over the future…

You will be given one year;

Go forth without falter,
    With your heart as your guide…

}ï{

What was all that about?

“The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate.”

This is an RP based on elements of Atlus’s Shin Megami Tensei - Persona series. In it, high school children gain the power to manifest their souls as Persona, powerful spirits that protect them from the eldritch horrors out to destroy the world.

This RP is heavily based on the themes presented in Persona 3, but no knowledge of the series is necessary to participate. All pertinent details will be explained in due course.

What is a Persona?

“Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope.”

A Persona is a fragment of your soul that manifests and acts as a guardian spirit. Think of The Stands from Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures or the spirits from Shaman King. A Persona is an intrinsic part of your character. It is the “mask” or appearance that you use to face the darkness of the world.

The interesting thing about Personae is that they manifest as mythological spirits and legendary warriors. It is a story that resonates with your very being. It is a façade by which you can become more courageous and nobler, or more devious and viler.

Examples of possible Personae include:

• Amon Ra
    • Apollo
    • Thanatos
    • Izanagi
    • Cu Chulainn
    • Caesar
    • Masakado
    • Siegfried

The list of possible Personae is nearly endless. If you want further ideas you can visit here for a comprehensive, but by no means all inclusive, list: Persona 3 - Persona Compendium

A Persona is usually, but not always, the same gender as your character. It appears behind you, floating at your back, invisible to those who do not have the same power. Manifesting and maintaining a Persona is mentally and physically exhausting. The Persona can move while manifested by floating but most remain “close” to you.

Personae can interact with and affect the environment, but cannot be affected by it in return. That is to say, your Persona can affect objects and attack others, but cannot be retaliated against. You, however, are not invulnerable. Attacks which simply pass through your Persona could quite conceivably land on you. You can be harmed and if you lose consciousness, your Persona will be dismissed until such a time as you can manifest it again.

Your Persona can follow basic commands such as “Appear!” or “Attack!”. Aside from the words it uttered when it first appeared, however, it is completely silent. It can make empathic sounds that express different moods, but it cannot speak. As a part of your soul, however, you can understand it with surprising insight.

Personae are classified according to their Arcana.

What are the Arcana?

“Yes, The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.”

Every character and, by extension, every Persona can be loosely organized according to the twenty-two Major Arcana of the Tarot. I say “loosely” because a Persona that is classified in a specific Arcana in one game could be classified into a different Arcana in the next. The meanings of the Major Arcana themselves are pretty varied, and so to are the interpretations of which myth fits what characteristic the best.

Think of the Arcana as a mirror that you can use to reflect details about your character and Persona. Basically, it is an aid for building personality traits and back-story. It is not a strict set of guidelines you have to follow, but rather something to help provide that initial spark of inspiration for character building.

A list of the Major Arcana, the keywords associated with each, and possible examples of Personae:

0 – The Fool
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Search for experience, cleverness, childish insight;
    • Zero, limitless capacity, endless possibilities.

Examples: Orpheus, Izanagi, Loki, Susano-Oh.

I – The Magician
    “Attaining one’s dream requires a stern will and unfailing determination.”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Action, consciousness, concentration, personal power;
    • Practicality, energy, creativity, movement;
    • Precision, conviction, manipulation, self-confidence;
    • Being objective, focusing, determination, initiative.

Examples: Houri, Frey, Hermes, Sati, Jiraiya, Susano-Oh.

II – The Priestess
    “The silent voice within one’s heart whispers the most profound wisdom.”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Knowingness, love, relationships;
    • Wisdom, sound judgment, serenity;
    • Common sense, intuition;
    • Mystical vision, introspection, otherworldliness.

Examples: Lucia, Juno, Parvati, Kikuri-hime, Scathach, Konohana Sakuya, Amaterasu.

III – The Empress
    “Celebrate life’s grandeur… It’s brilliance… It’s magnificence…”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Mothering, fertility, sexuality, abundance;
    • Material prosperity, pleasure, comfort, power;
    • Nature, delight, desire, physical attraction;
    • Health, sensuality, beauty, satisfaction.

Examples: Penthesilea, Artemisia, Lakshimi, Gabriel, Skadi, Mother Harlot, Titania, Isis.

IV – The Emperor
    “Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer…”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Fathering, stability, authority, power;
    • Control, discipline, command, common sense;
    • Status quo, order, structure, egocentrism;
    • Tradition, rigidity, leadership, experience.
    • Inflexibility, conservative ways, organization.

Examples: Amon Ra, Polydeuces, Caesar, Take-Mikazuchi, Rokuten Maoh, Odin.

V – The Hierophant
    “It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself…”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Education, knowledge, status quo, institution;
    • Conservatism, discipline, maturity, formality;
    • Deception, power, respect, duality;
    • Social convention, belief system, group identification;
    • Experience, tradition, naïve.

Examples: Castor, Hokuto Seikun, Daisoujou, Psyche, Thoth, Kohryu.

VI – The Lovers
    “There is both joy and wonder in coming to understand another…”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Love relationship, union, passion, sexuality;
    • Pleasure, humanism, desire, personal beliefs;
    • Individual values, physical attraction, connection;
    • Affinity, bonding romance, heart;
    • Choice, doubt, difficult decision, dilemma, temptation.

Examples: Io, Isis, Narcissus, Titania, Raphael, Cybele, Alice, Himiko, Kanzeon, Ishtar.

VII – The Chariot
    “One of life’s greatest blessings is the freedom to pursue one’s goals…”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Conquest, honor, victory, energy;
    • Egocentrism, self confidence, conviction, anxiety;
    • Willpower, self assertion, hard control, discipline;
    • Inflexibility, success, wealth, recognition;
    • Impulsivity, command, bravery, pride.

Examples: Palladion, Pallas Athena, Ares, Thor, Tomoe Gozen, Suzuka Gongen, Eligor.

VIII – Justice
    “To find the one true path, one must seek guidance amidst uncertainty…”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Impartiality, distance, coldness, justice;
    • Objective mind, criticism, being clever, insensitivity;
    • Decision, intellect, analysis, realism, severity;
    • Responsibility, rationality, clear vision, logic and reason;

Examples: Helios, Hyperion, Nemesis, Kala-Nemi, Melchizedek, Uriel.

IX – The Hermit
    “It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one’s own path…”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Introspection, silence, guidance, reflection;
    • Solitude, looking inward, reclusion, being quiet;
    • Inner search, deep understanding, isolation;
    • Distance, retreat, philosophical attitude.

Examples: Moros, Yomotsu-Shikome, Nebiros, Nidhoggr, Arahabaki.

X – Wheel of Fortune
    “Along time exists fate, the bearer of cruelty…”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Turning point, opportunities, possibilities;
    • Destiny, fate, superior forces, movement;
    • Development, activity, surprises, expansion;
    • Sudden events, speed, new developments, life cycles;
    • Interpretation, sudden change, approachability.

Examples: Hypnos, Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos, Norns, Sukuna-Hikona, Yamato-Takeru.

XI – Strength
    “Only with strength can one endure suffering and torment.”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Self control, being solid, patience, compassion;
    • Composure, stability, perseverance, moderation;
    • Kindness, gentleness, slowness, softness;
    • Serenity, comprehension, discipline, inner strength.

Examples: Cerberus, Jikokuten, Hanuman, Kali, Siegfried, Zaou-Gongen.

XII – The Hanged Man
    “In the face of disaster lies opportunity for renewal.”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Sacrifice, letting go, surrendering, passivity;
    • Suspension, acceptance, renunciation, patience;
    • New point of view, contemplation, inner harmony;
    • Conformism, non-action, waiting, giving up.

Examples: Take-Minakata, Orthrus, Attis, Hechatoncheires, Berith, Vasuki, Medea.

XIII – Death
    “Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you.”
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Ending of a cycle, loss, conclusion, sadness;
    • Transition into a new state, psychological transformation;
    • Finishing up, regeneration, elimination of old patterns;
    • Being caught up in the inescapable, good-byes, deep change.

Examples: Rhadamanthys, Hades, Charon, Mot, Pale Rider, Samael, Alice, Thanatos.

XIV – Temperance
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Temperance, harmony, balance, health;
    • Moderation, joining forces, well-being, recovery;
    • Equilibrium, transcendence, unification, healing;
    • Synthesis, bringing together opposites, feeling secure.

Examples: Mithra, Genbu, Suzaku, Byakko, Apsaras, Vishnu.

XV – The Devil
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Materialism, ignorance, stagnation, self-bondage;
    • Lust, egoism, obsession, anxiety, anger;
    • Hedonism, passion, instincts;
    • Sexuality, temptation, doubt, vice;
    • Futility, physical attraction, pessimism, insight.

Examples: Bres, Mot, Lilith, Abaddon, Beelzebub, Lucifer, Pazuzu, Belial, Belphegor.

XVI– The Tower
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Chaos, sudden change, impact, hard times;
    • Crisis, revelation, disruption, realizing the truth;
    • Disillusion, crash, burst, uncomfortable experience;
    • Downfall, ruin, ego blow, explosive transformation.

Examples: Eligor, Cu Chulainn, Uriel, Bishamonten, Masakado, Shiva, Abbadon.

XVII – The Star
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Calmness, free-flowing love, trust;
    • Tranquility, peace of mind, pure essence;
    • Hope, serenity, inspiration, generosity;
    • Optimism, joy, faith, regeneration;
    • Good will, optimism, harmony, renewal of forces.

Examples: Callisto, Astria, Iris, Hanuman, Ganesha, Lucifer, Kintoki-douji, Kamui.

XVII – The Moon
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Lack of clarity, tension, doubt, fantasy;
    • Deception, psychological conflict, obscured vision;
    • Confusion, illusion, fear, imagination, worry;
    • Romanticism, anxiety, apprehension, unrealistic ideas.

Examples: Maia, Artemis, Yamatano-Orochi, Girimehkala, Dionysus, Seth, Sandalphon.

XIX – The Sun
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Optimism, expansion, being radiant, positive feelings;
    • Enlightenment, vitality, innocence, non-criticism;
    • Assurance, energy, personal power, happiness;
    • Splendor, brilliance, joy, enthusiasm.

Examples: Vulcanus, Apollo, Horus, Metatron, Vishnu, Jatayu.

XX – Judgment
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Judgment, rebirth, inner calling, absolution;
    • Restart, accepting past mistakes, release;
    • Forgiveness, end of repression, reconciliation, renewal;
    • Decision, salvation, new beginning, hope, redemption.

Examples: Michael, Gabriel, Melchizedek, Satan, Anubis, Lucifer, Trumpeteer, Messiah.

XXI – The World
    Spoiler:

Keywords:

• Prospering;
    • Fulfillment, satisfaction, accomplishment;
    • Success;
    • Integration, contentment;
    • Involvement, wholeness.

Examples: Demeter, Mucalinda, Seiryu, Uroboros, Izanagi-no-Okami.

If you went through all that you probable noticed that several names repeated themselves under different Arcana. As I said earlier, these are loose classifications. The keywords have a wide range and interpretations of the relevant myths can be varied.

For the purposes of this RP, the following Arcana are not available for player use: The Fool, Judgment, and The World.

Everything else is fair game, but I’d personally prefer it if players stuck to the first thirteen Arcana, but this is not at all necessary. If you want to play a Star, by all means, go ahead.

What abilities do I gain as a Persona user?

You are one of the select few people who can access one hour of frozen time after midnight. I don’t think I have to elaborate what one could do with that. Additionally, your Persona is stronger and faster than any human being. It can also use magic.

The list of magical spells used in Persona games is enormous. It can, however, be broken down into several large categories.
    Spoiler:

• Attack Spells
      • Magical Attacks
        • Elemental Spells (fire, ice, lightning and wind)
        • Alignment Spells (holy or dark)
        • Almighty spells.

• Physical Attacks
        • Slashing, Piercing, or Bludgeoning

• Healing Spells
    • Support Spells
      • Buffing Spells
      • Debuffing Spells
        • Status effects

The damage done by each spell is described as either “light”, “moderate”, “heavy” and “massive”. For the purposes of this RP, we’re only using “light” and “heavy”.

Spells in Shin Megami Tensei games have their own naming scheme. To cover, in brief, some of the rules, I’ve made this table.
    Spoiler:

Element/Attack Light (single) Light (multi) Heavy (single) Heavy (multi)
    Fire Agi Maragi Agidyne Maragidyne
    Ice Bufu Mabufu Bufudyne Mabufudyne
    Lightning Zio Mazio Ziodyne Maziodyne
    Wind Garu Magaru Garudyne Magarudyne

So, to summarize, for multi target attacks, add the prefix “Ma-” in front of the spell name. For “heavy” attacks, add the suffix “-dyne”. These are the basic rules for elemental spells. Alignment, almighty and healing spells follow similar but different rules which will be covered in depth later.

How do I build a character?

The pertinent stats we will be using are the following:

Str – Determines the effectiveness of physical attacks.
    End – Determines how much health points your character has.
    Spd – Determines your defense.
    Int – Determines the effectiveness of magical attacks.
    Mag – Determines how much spirit points your character has.
    Luk – Determines whether rocks fall and you die.

Not sure if I want to go through with this now that RacingeR is getting his RP underway, but I do want to continue musing on it and seeing if it clears up some doubts or gives any ideas to those who are not familiar with Persona.

Blog Entries
    Here's a little eye candy for a little project I'm slowly working. Of course I won't release anymore till I'm done with at least two of RPs I'm in now. Once I am, I will release more but for now here you go:

The time had come once again. Theirfates had been decided from the start. Even if they would survivethey would always live with the doubt of their suffering, but now asif from a dream these seven figures would have a chance. A chance tothrive and a chance for a new beginning.

However the power required to acquiresuch a miracle was great. So great in fact that it would take thepower of four of the most powerful beings in existence, four magi whowere exceptions to the rule. And even then there was only enough forone. One of these beings would get this chance but it wouldn't comeeasy. In order to acquire such a chance they must call upon othersfor help. People almost as unfortunate as them. Together with theirnew found allies these seven will get the chance for a true miraclewith power to rival or even surpass that of the Holy Grail.

But who are these seven, you might ask. Well I'll tell you. The first is a boy with hair of snow, one whofate was controlled by others and his body stolen by a greedy anddesperate man, with a relative of his he shall fight for his hope.

The second is a girl whose love for aman surpasses even the most powerful of bonds, a most unfortunategirl who would find tragedy at every turn, with the man who ruinedher life she will fight for the hope she desires to see the man sheloves once again.

The third is a normal girl with anormal life, her only tragedy was to be in the wrong place at thewrong time the tragedy that be-felled her was the hunger of aravenous beast, with the same man that consumed her she will fightfor the chance to return to normality once again.

The forth is a young girl, one with thepower to see time a curse that no man should have, with a twistedversion of the man she longs for she will fight for the chance to ridher mind of such a curse and live as she chooses.

The fifth is a girl who has had no realproblems, but that is the problem itself in her avoidance her chancehad been wasted and possible futures closed, together with a mostunfortunate witch they will fight for the chance to reopen doors thathad been sealed.

The sixth is an odd exception, thefoolish brother of blue and tragic sister of purple have had fatessome would say are worse than death itself, together with the twoServants of the Lance they must learn to work together or else drownin the cruel and murderous fate that befalls them.

The seventh and final is a boy withhair of fire and heart of steel, remade by another he fights with agirl cursed with the eyes of distortion in order to win his freedomand live his life as he chooses.

Together these seven shall fight in awar strong enough to rival that of the Holy Grail in order to freethem of their fates, this is:

Type/Sorrow Complex

Feel free to try and guess the people involved, but like I said I won't release anymore till I'm done with at least two of my current RPs.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is something (an RP to be precise) I have been tinkering a bit of my own free time. Would be interested to get some feedback on the basic concept at least. Ill get some other stuff up later. Just keep in mind that this is the "crude, unpolished" version.

Götterdämmerung - The Twilight of the Gods

Fifteen stood around a gilded door

Fifteen surrounded by maddened lore

The souls of Gods, the flesh of Men

Granted gift beyond their ken

The time of Tribute is nigh once more

It is the time of those who came before

Welcome to the Götterdämmerung, godling

Curse your existence with all your might, for divine blood shall be spilt today

Götterdämmerung is a roleplay about the war of Gods, happening in the town of Tateyama, on the slopes of Mount Tate. Players take the role of one of the 15 Avatars, mythical gods who have been reincarnated in the form of a human magician and it is their task to defeat the other 14 gods to stop the coming of Ragnarök - the End of the World.

It is a war without a different prize. There is no grand wish at the end of the road, no card that would unmake all the sacrifices and death you need to reap. The only prize for the winner of the Götterdämmerung is survival, the Prize of Life, for the divine essence of everyone else is used to stop the coming Ragnarök. At least until the next Götterdämmerung is called upon and the ritual commences once more.

This is not a "nice" RP. There will be blood and that blood will, most likely, be yours. Every time the "Time of Twilight" falls upon the world, it remains there for 24 hours or until one of the Fifteen is slain. If one of the Fifteen is not slain when the time-limit passes, the Time of Twilight will chose one sacrifice at random. Make no mistake, PCs will die. In fact, PCs will most likely be the only ones to die, since there will be (most likely) no NPC combatants. However, if you are looking for drama, confusion, betrayal, hopeless situations and grand magical battles that make your head spin, then this is the RP for you.

As the battle progresses, the winners will obtain the magical power of those they have slain and become more powerful. However, this has an unexpected downside. The more their "divinity" increases, the more powerful the Psyche of the God they are incarnating, becomes. While they will gain access to memories from previous Götterdämmerungs and as such, start to get a clearer picture of what is actually happening, the personality of the God will also start merging with the Avatar in question and his personality starts to overwrite the identity of the Avatar.

The 15 Gods chosen for Reincarnation in the 47th Götterdämmerung are:

Spoiler:
    Norse Pantheon:

Odin
    Loki
    Frigga
    Hodr
    Skadi

Greek Pantheon:

Zeus
    Hecate
    Hephaestus
    Artemis
    Nemesis

Egyptian Pantheon:

Ra
    Thoth
    Wadjet
    Set
    Sekhmet

Character creation

Every character taking part in Götterdämmerung, is a deity reincarnated in a magicians body, called an Avatar. Every Avatar represents certain aspects of the god he is embodying and therefore has certain combat abilities, which allow the Avatar to take part in Götterdämmerung. Each Avatar has three abilities and these divine powers fall into three categories - Battle Ability (an offensive ability born from the legends surrounding their God), Support Ability (a non-offensive ability born of their God) and Knowledge Ability (a knowledge based ability based on the "portfolios" their Deity posesses). Every Avatar possesses these three abilities, though the form and the effect of these powers can vary wildly.

World of Twilight

Each time the World of Twilight is enforced upon the world, it comes in one of 4 forms. Each of these forms convey different benefits to the pantheon they are affiliated with (or they may convey advantages to all). The "Four Worlds" of Götterdämmerung are following (two are a work in progress):

Spoiler:
    Aaru

The mythical field of never-ending offerings, Aaru was the golden paradise governed by Osiris. The image of Aaru now serves as the realm of the Egyptian gods in the Götterdämmerung. When Aaru is manifested, the world itself is draped in a golden hue and covered in endless sunlight. When Aaru is manifested, every Avatar of the Egyptian Pantheon gains has the concept of "Eternally Living" imprinted on their existence, which grants them extensive regenerative abilities. In addition, Egyptian Avatars also gain a greater awareness of their "Divine Aspects", allowing them to be instantly aware of events associated with divine portfolio.

Valhalla

The ever glorious and majestic "hall of the slain" in Norse mythology, Valhalla is the realm of the Norse Pantheon in the Götterdämmerung. When manifested, the world of ordinary realty is morphed into an azure realm of biting winter. In Valhalla, all Norse avatars have the concept of "Eternally Victorious" imprinted on their existence, which greatly increases their physical combat strength and agility. In addition, all Norse Avatars can call upon the Einherjar, dead warriors of old, to aid them in combat or in other activities. No more then 10 Einherjar can be called upon, and once dead, they cannot be recalled. Summoned Einherjar can possess mundane abilities associated with the summoners Divine Aspects.

Elysium

Hyperborea
    Last edited by Mellon; July 13th, 2011 at 06:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, some excellent ideas!

And the Norse influence is definitely running high in terms of RPs recently.