Page 276 of 277 FirstFirst ... 176226266271274275276277 LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 5528

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Character concept submission deadline (not sheet, just the general concept) for Infinity Odyssey will be 01.06.2022.

Remember people, I just need the character concept. The actual mechanical sheet can be hammered out together with me/other players for a fully functional party. These are level 1 characters after all.
    where can we summited it

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can send him a PM

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, you can PM it to me

I also have an RP, Intrigues of Venedig, a High/Dark Fantasy RP set in an original fantasy setting.

Not making this yet, but I do need to see if this is viable to put up:

Fate/Novus Apocrypha - The Ends Justify the Means (Reboot)!

Disclaimer: While the Type-Moon Wiki isn't the best source, it is the most accessible one. So do look it up for when you find some terms difficult to understand.

Summary:

There was a story of an ambitious Magi who stole the manifestation of the Holy Grail and transported it to Romania, where sixty years later, he declared his secession from the Magus' Association and revealed his possession of said Grail to provoke a war which will shake the heavens and the earth. That man was Darnic Prestone Yggdmillenia... And this is not his story.

For in this timeline, he who stole the Grail was stolen from, throwing off his plans for vengeance upon his fellow Magi. Darnic the Thief found that it was his turn to suffer theft, and all he can do was fume, for the Grail disappeared so perfectly that he could not find out who had stolen it. Several years later, in 2015, a new faction arose in the south of Greece, where Sparta once stood - These men and women proclaimed themselves the Philosopher Kings, harbingers of a world where Magi ruled over Mortals, and the Supernatural ruled over the Mundane.

And they had the Holy Grail - All they needed was a Holy Grail War to power it. And so Anastasios Palaiologos, leader of the Philosopher Kings, sent out a challenge to the Magus' Association and Yggdmillenia, telling them in simple terms that if they wanted the Grail, to 'come and get it!'.

Long story short, Anastasios and the Servant he summoned, Lucius Tiberius, massacred the initial forces Yggdmillenia and the Magus' Association sent, but not before those forces succeeded in activating the 'reserve system' of the Greater Holy Grail, allowing for the summoning of a whopping 21 Servants, allowing seven masters from the Magus' Association, Yggdmillenia, and the Philosopher Kings to fight it out to win the Spartan Holy Grail War!

--------

Yes, I, Dragos Bee, am running a Fate RP. And this time, we have a plan for how the plot goes, backup plans for if that goes awry, and we are not going to fill up all 21 Master-Servant Pairs right away - Instead, we will first fill up the Red Team with 7 Master-Servant Pairings, and when those are full, new Master-Servant Pairings can be applied for the other teams (which will also be staffed with 6 NPCs each (3 Masters and 3 Servants each) because there's no way in heck we'd ever get 42 PCs). Here are the rules:

Rules:

1.) This Rule does not apply to Beast's Lair: No Gilgamesh, Enkidu, Karna (Except as a Rider or Archer), or Heracles. No King Hassan, Alcides, and Quirinus, either. Or Merlin. Basically, if it's as powerful as any of the listed Servants, it is forbidden for Players' PC choices.
    2.) No Powergaming or Godmoding. Metagaming is allowed only if you have Divination Magecraft or other forms of 'flawless' info-gathering.
    3.) Be nice to others as well as the GM and Co-GMs.
    4.) Players who leave or drop out will have their characters controlled by the GM and Co-GMs.
    5.) Dead Apostles (aka Vampires) exist in this setting but only the Philosopher Kings can have them as OCs/PCs when the Red Team has filled up and applications for the Philosopher Kings and Yggdmillenia are open. Every faction, however, can have Mixed-Bloods (people who are Half-Oni or some other magical creature), even the Red Team.
    6.) Shielders, Rulers, Savers, and Foreigners are allowed but are still covered by Rule#1.
    7.) Edited Rule: Greek, Roman, and Byzantine Servants will get a staging ground bonus from being summoned in Greece.
    8.) From now on, all New Character Sheets require 3 Approvals from the Main GM and Co-GMs to be fully permitted to play. Also, Co-GMs can override or put a moratorium on Main GM decisions if they feel like they are bad for the game itself.
    9.) The game is now set in 2015 instead of 2021.
    10.) Canon!Artoria and Arthur (From Fate/Prototype, an alternate universe) can be summoned together at the same time, like in Fate/Grand Order.
    11.) NPCs don't count for Red Team slots (there will always be 7 slots each for Masters and Servants), but they do count for Yggdmillenia and Philosopher Kings slots (meaning that there will only be 4 slots each for Masters and Servants for those teams).

Servants and Master Applications

Servant Sheets

Code:
    [h3]Put Class and image here [/h3]
    ᴺᴬᴹᴱ
    Servant's Name
    ꜰᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
    what is their faction?
    ᴀᴛᴛʀɪʙᴜᴛᴇ
    Upon legend and GM decision
    ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅ
    Link if you're using a canon servant, write if you're making a servant that's not established yet, this servers as their bio
    ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀ
    List positive and negative characteristic traits here, show how it's done on the IC while you list their bits in bullet form in this section of the sheet
    ᴡɪꜱʜ
    What is their wish
    ᴘᴀʀᴀᴍᴀᴛᴇʀꜱ
    STR: END: AGI: MNA: LCK:
    ᴄʟᴀꜱꜱ ꜱᴋɪʟʟꜱ
    Refer to wiki link
    ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟ ꜱᴋɪʟʟꜱ
    Like Class Skills, same wiki link reference
    ɴᴏʙʟᴇ ᴘʜᴀɴᴛᴀꜱᴍ
    what are your servant NPs? List and put it under spoiler tags. Title: Rank: NP Type: Range: 1 Maximum Number Description:

Master Sheets

Code:
    image of Master
    ᴺᴬᴹᴱ
    Name of OC
    ꜰᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
    What
    ʀᴀɴᴋ
    Ranks can be biased upon Mage Association, choose your rank by referring to wiki
    ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀ
    bulletin form, show in the IC, not tell here
    ᴡɪꜱʜ
    Their backstory why they want grail and their wish
    ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴇᴀʟ
    what
    ꜱᴡɪᴛᴄʜ
    Explain how and what activates their magic
    Qᴜᴀɴᴛɪᴛʏ
    of magic circuits
    Qᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ
    of magic circuits
    ᴀꜰꜰɪɴɪᴛʏ
    refer to wiki
    ᴍᴀɢᴇᴄʀᴀꜰᴛ
    refer to wiki
    ᴄʀᴇꜱᴛ
    how old
    ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ cᴏᴅᴇ Mundane Skills
    Non-magical skills
    what
    Last edited by Dragos Bee; June 1st, 2022 at 02:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    The players for Infinity Odyssey have been chosen!

Congratulations on those who made it in. Now, depending if there are scheduling problems with some of the players, it might be possible that a slot or two might open. However that is of course a big if. Still, it's something to keep in mind.

Overall, the competition was very tough, and once again I had to spend the whole day agonizing over the choices. However, I believe the chosen party has the best mix of different personalities/goals without having too much friction or wildly differing alignments. But all in all, very good and creative concepts from every applicant so far. Unfortunately, I could only take a handful, and even then 6 is stretching it.

But, without further ado: Here are the chosen characters and their players!

In the toy stores near you!

For a more in-depth look:

Emilio
    - Riff-raff, street rat, I don't buy that
    Player: Bloble

Alice von Finsternisse
    - Four Feet of Boisterous Smug
    Player: Cheetose

Natia
    - Beach Closed Due to Shark Sighting
    Player: Arkturus

Zamm Sazabell
    - Does Voltron Dream of Decepticon Sheep?
    Player: Spartacus

Lilia Iglesias
    - Now Performing in the Sunken City near You
    Player: Ayakashi

Euphoria
    - Note: Don't Let Her Touch Anything
    Player: Frantic Author
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; June 1st, 2022 at 02:49 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Guys, Do have any tips for Roleplaying A servant in HGW. The campaign I am in hasn't started yet but I already made my character which is a servant and was approve by the DM. It's Play by Post. So, I am hear for any basic tips that you guys might be able to provide

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    How do they feel about their temporary incarnation? Are they detached from the world? Gungho for a new lease on life?
    How do they feel about having a Master? Are they willing to follow orders without qualms? Or do they refuse to yield to ignorance and incompetence?
    Do they restrain themselves for the sake of the frailer modern world? Or do they act without regard for the weaker humans around them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    he felt quite odd about his incarnation though the treat his master like an equal as long as their nice or doesn't make him break his ethics. Though get's easily infuriated if their get over the top with their demands. And one of those qualms is reckless behavior or attacking random people. He more focus driven and primarily fights the other servants he won't lay a hand on the humans around him since. They nothing but innocent bystander and would probably go out of his way to protect one even if that cost him the HGW.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like your Servant has a strict set of standards, so sticking to those is best, even if it causes friction with your Master. That's what they have Command Spells for, after all!

- - - Updated - - -

Though the player of your Master should be aware of that beforehand to keep OOC things running smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Of course, though some of the other players haven't finish their sheets yet and I haven't been partner up with a master yet. I just want some basics though you gave plenty to flesh out his personality. So, I will inform the Master player about that when the DM assigned me one. It's going to my first time actual doing this so yeah. Thanks for the tips, If have anymore, please share them with me

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I need to figure out an NP chant for my servant in an upcoming HGW RP. Anyone can help me out with this.

Heavens Stars, Prayers of the Fallen
    Type: Anti-Army

This noble phantasm open's up Heaven’s Gate to unleash 40 light arrows from the stars above to strike down his foes in a volley of the spirit of the Mujahid’s . There several levels of this bow being sealed by two phantom spirit cores of the Prophet Muhammad parents. By retreating, he can release the souls of Mohammad's parents to boost his attack.

This noble phantasm came from the anecdote from the prophet Muhammad that states “Shoot Sa’ad and let my parents be your ransom for Allah will always guide arrow to strike true.” With this Sa’ad manages to one shot killed several of the enemy soldiers while in a standing his ground.
    Yeah, I am a bit struggling with this one. Though I did want this chant to Have a Shirou/Archer vibe with it. I originally posted this over the Fanfic the Womb thread but I figure this thread might more appropriate so I am posting it again here

Note: This isn't Canon Kingdom Hearts, but rather an Alternate Version of the setting in which Disney Worlds are replaced by Parallel Earths based on counterfactual histories. See below to see what the equivalent of Disney Castle is.

Kingdom Hearts: Alternate Lights

Long ago, there was One World, One Earth, and One Timeline, a world filled with Darkness and Light in unequal measures, with a greater proportion of Darkness to Light. This world, though many, was doomed to fall until one Hero delved into the secrets of the Light. He discovered that said Light flowed from an unseen land by the name of Kingdom Hearts, and that if he could just burst the barrier that separated this world from this source of Light, he can save the timeline.

And so, he did...but with unforeseen consequences. For what was once one world was separated to many, each with varying levels of Light and Dark. Now, any possibility for Earth to change, even the 'absurd' and 'impossible' ones, now sprang off into its own timeline, creating, for the first time, a Multiverse. The weapon the Hero used to create the Multiverse is called the X-Blade (Pronounced Key-Blade), and, seeing the consequences of his actions, the Hero shattered it into several pieces.

However, it was too late; the people of the various timelines saw, nay, knew, what had been done to them, and so created Lesser Keyblades in the shape of the X-Blade, so as to attempt to search for, and dominate, Kingdom Hearts. But, because of their hubris and ambition, they all failed, killing each other off except for a few repentant surviors, who swore off any attempt to dominate the Multiverse, and instead, chose to preserve it.

In time, the people of the Multiverse forgot about The Hero, the X-Blade, and the survivors of the Keyblade Wars, and slipped into complacency, thinking that their worlds were the only true ones. And so, centuries of peace and development passed. Then, one day, on the world of Shining Field, a Scholar in the House of Wisdom discovered the secrets of the Past, of the Light...and Darkness.

Only a few years after that, Shining Field burned, destroyed by an onslaught of Heartless, strange, black monsters with yellow eyes, who were resistant to most mortal weapons, and who, after destruction, merely reformed in another part of the world to continue their rampage. The Heartless consumed the majority of the inhabitants, man, woman, and child, before turning upon the Heart of the World, its Core of Light.

After that, more worlds burned in quick succession, as Heartless began emerging everywhere, like an unchecked plague. Not merely that, but there were hints that the Heartless were...guided, controlled by an unseen intelligence. And as if to add to the chaos and strife of the situation, strange beings called the Nobodies also emerged, sometimes fighting the Heartless, sometimes conquering their own stretches of territory.

And the Keyblade Order...was nowhere to be seen.

But there is hope: Creatures called Moogles have appeared throughout the worlds, offering trade links, technology, and magic that would give the worlds a fighting chance against the Heartless, and finally, ships that can connect to other worlds. In addition to this, people from all over the world with strong hearts have begun manifesting Keyblades of their own, weapons that are super-effective at killing Heartless, preventing them from reconstituting elsewhere. Now, the worlds prepare to strike back and find out who is behind this strange onslaught on the Multiverse...

-------

If you found that too long to read, then here's a summary:

Strange creatures called Heartless are taking over the worlds, the Moogles have come to save us through the power of trade, and people are spontaneously manifesting the Keyblade, a weapon that kills Heartless in droves. Also, there's Magic. And Technolgy. Sometimes a combination of both. Oh, and instead of Disney-based worlds, you get to travel to alternate timelines.

1.) No Godmoding or Powergaming, aka no controlling other players' actions, no defeating your enemy in one shot, and no shrugging of all hits without a magical shield.
    2.) Any consenting relationship between people of the same age group is allowed, whether it's Homosexual or Heterosexual. If you cannot stand such things, don't post here in the first place.
    3.) Be polite to others.
    4.) Yes, you can play a non-human if he/she/they are not overpowered.
    5.) All players must come from a universe with Humans and with a connection to Earth/Earth History. It can be as unrealistic as you want, but it must be A.) coherent, and B.) have at least some baseline Humans.
    6.) Final Fantasy Magic works everywhere except when Final Fantasy Anti-Magic is applied.
    7.) Please post once a week.

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Bio:
    Personality:

World Sheet
    Name:
    Summary of History:
    Important Nations (Great Powers, etc.):
    Overall Technology Level:

Map: Optional; don't hesitate to add your world just because you don't yet have a map!

------

This is the Disney Castle equivalent; please don't respond to this with a Political Discussion.

Renovation

World Sheet
    Name: Renovation (written by Soverihn)
    Summary of History: The Second Palailogoi Civil War, which in IRL, destroyed the Byzantine Empire as a Great Power, went the other way, with Serbia not interfering and the victory going to the Regency faction, who successfully reformed the state to lessen the aristocracy's power, redistribute land back to the peasants, increase the numbers of the navy, and take the Empire in a maritime, commercial, direction, trading with other nations instead of depending on landed estates. In time, this reformed Empire retook Anatolia using divide-and-conquer tactics, judicious alliances, and finally, luck.

It then used its position as a manufacturer of luxury goods, like Silk, to withstand the shock of the discovery of the Americas upon its economy, building the Empire 'tall' instead of 'wide', focusing upon economic and cultural pursuits instead of military conquests, as well as education. Despite this, they withstood more civil wars, foreign invasions, and coups, forcing them to keep developing their military.

Note, this is conjecture as the Timeline hasn't been finished yet: In modern times, the Byzantines can be credited with the invention of the Tank, the Stealth Fighter, and Rocket Artillery. Ever since the Enlightenment, they have also been a religiously tolerant state where Christians and Muslims live happily...as long as they speak Greek.

Important Nations (Great Powers, etc.): Byzantine Empire (Modern-Day Greece, Albania, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, parts of Serbia, Turkey, and Crimea. Oh, and Cyprus, and parts of Syria), Timurid Sultanate of Egypt (Egypt, Hedjaz, Yemen, and the Levant), Chobanid Empire (East Iraq, Iran, parts of Afghanistan and the Caucasus), France, England, Marinid Sultanate (Granada and North Africa), Alternate!Spain (Castile-Portugal), Aragon, Italy formed by Naples, Alternate!Germany, The Avignon Papacy, and its rival/competitor in Salzburg, Unknown New World Powers, and China.

Note: Much of this is conjecture.

Overall Technology Level: Modern-day.

Map: Optional; don't hesitate to add your world just because you don't yet have a map!

------

List of Destination Worlds

List of Destination Worlds:

1.) Ongoing World War II - The year is 1950...and the war is still occurring, due to the fact that the Nazis, using dark sorcery, have learned how to control the Heartless and unleash them upon the Allies, who are only saved from the verge of defeat by forming an alliance with Independent Keyblade Wielders and Nobodies. Not merely that, but Stalin has his own, dark plans to take control of the Heartless from Hitler. But, they will all find out that Darkness is not a toy...

2.) Puella Magi Madoka Magica - For the history of mankind, a race known as the 'Incubators' have uplifted young women from all walks of life, giving them great power as Magical Girls, and then feeding on said Magical Girls' descent into 'Witches', eldritch abominations that inflict suffering even as they are weighed down by the pain and despair of their lives. And, of course, the Heartless and Nobodies are added to the mix!

3.) Shimabara Triumphant - It is the Year 1669, 30 years after the Shimabara Rebellion held out long enough to force the Tokugawa Shogunate into a negotiated settlement that included lower taxes and freedom to worship. Japan had to revoke its policy of isolation from the world as a result, a development disliked by the ruling classes. Now, under a new Shogun, Tokugawa Ietsuna, an excuse has been found to revoke the Shimabara Peninsula's autonomy and invade the land once more with Dutch help, endangering the new Princess of Heart - Shiro Amakusa's daugther, who was never born in the Original Timeline!

Interlude World: To Be Announced.

4.) Fallout: Apocalypse Averted - The world of Fallout...only the Bombs didn't fall as the Big Bad took over and promised the leaders of the US and China that if they submitted to him, he would replenish all of Fallout Earth's natural resources and give them unimaginable power - which he did. Now, the US and China provide immense numbers of troops armed with Power Armor, Lasers, Plasma Guns, and Gauss Rifles and all that Atompunk stuff to supplement the Heartless!

5.) Cleopatra's Ambition - Cleopatra and Marc Antony have won the Battle of Actium, but at such a staggering cost that they were unable to follow up their victory with an attack on Italy itself. Now, ten years later, Antony has died of sickness, leaving Cleopatra defenseless against a renewed assault from Octavian, who is now supported by the Big Bad with several Legions of Heartless. But now, Cleopatra's 21-year old daughter, Cleopatra Selene, has exhibited powers of her own that her as a Princess of Heart, one in need of rescuing.

Interlude World: To Be Announced.

6.) A Queen of Hearts, not a Princess - The Battle of Bosworth ends with the death of both Henry Tudor and Richard III, leaving Elizabeth of York as the best claimant to the English throne. But as it would be decades before the country's people can even accept the idea that women can rule on their own right, most of England's nobles are now trying to marry one of their sons to the Yorkist Princess and hoping to gain control of the Kingdom that way. Elizabeth of York is also vital to the salvation of the Multiverse as she is a Princess of Heart, and thus the PCs are tasked to save her from the Heartless and a loveless marriage.

Interlude World: To be Announced.

7.) The Ruins of Old Earth - In 2019, Ascot Carver, the one who discovered Magic and the X-blade, sought to use the mystic weapon to avert a nuclear war. He got his wish, but after all nuclear weapons were destroyed and a spell was cast to prevent people from using nuclear energy for anything violent, the nations of the world simply turned against each other in a conventional war that broke the world order and the economies of all Great Powers. Now, Earth is wrecked by conflict, pollution, and climate change, and while modern technology still exists, society has been pushed back to feudal levels of organization. But there is hope, hope in the Last Princess of Heart and the compassion of other worlds.

8.) The Tomb of Ascot.

9.) Playable Epilogue?

Iliad City: A Magical RP in an Original World - Reboot

I. Intro

In another universe, on the planet of Historia, there lies a city filled with magic and spells, of warriors and thinkers. This city, named Iliad, is the last refuge for the Descendants, a group of people whom despite their descent from the person who gained the blessing of The One Deity to advance Humanity, are now vilified as heralds of an apocalypse due to lies of unknown origin, lies which have convinced the other nations of the world to try and kill them all.

Despite this hatred, Iliad is protected by two Magical Academies which hold greater strength than entire armies, whose students stood strong against a world that hates them. But as an invasion looms from the greatest nations on the planet, the two Academies descended into a quarrel on the best way to save their city.

You are one of the students of the Magic Schools. Or an ordinary civilian who knows a magical spell or two. Or a soldier. Or a refugee from the nations which hate Iliad City and The Descendants. Or any combination of the above plus a Descendant themselves - You have free choice of who to be, just remember that you live under the shadow of doom, and that your next actions can save or doom those whom you love!

Longer Version of the Intro

In another universe lies the planet of Historia, inhabited by Humans much like us, but blessed with impossible powers that we think of as 'Magic'.

Magic is a daily part of life, existing alongside technology just as advanced as ours', although some integrate magic with science to create advanced inventions. But it is a widely held belief among the people that the highest form of Magic is Storytelling, and that The One Deity, the Creator of the Multiverse, gave Humanity the power to warp reality through the telling of stories.

Three thousand years before the present day, when the greatest storyteller of that time, the Illuminated Poet, sang of the grief and joy of Humanity, appealing to The One Deity to provide a way through their sufferings. In response, The One himself came down and sang his own song, the Epics of Making and Unmaking, by which Humanity and whatever sapient beings lived beyond Historia was granted freedom from the will of the divine. From the Epic of Making were instructions for the casting of Magic, allowing Humanity to better their lives and that of others' at will, while the Epic of Unmaking allows one to reset the Universe itself back to the beginning, with the person or people who use it given power co-equal to The One Deity himself, but without infinite intelligence or wisdom.

And so the Illuminated Poet taught pieces of the Epic of Making to those who followed him, turning them into the first Magi. The Epic of Unmaking, however, was transmitted directly into the souls of his own children, the Twenty Sons and Thirty Daughters, who each inherited a fragment of the Epic. He then prophesied that the more descendants they have, the more the Epic of Unmaking will be shattered and its pieces spread out among each scion and that the Epic will only be completed once more when the descendants of the Illuminated Poet are reduced to one person, who will then have the decision to reset the universe.

The intention, of course, was to make sure that the universe will be reset only if Humanity becomes irredeemably corrupt and/or the amount of suffering in existence multiplies to an unbearable level. Despite the risks involved with the existence of such a power, a 'contingency plan' for Humanity was still regarded as necessary by all parties, including The One.

Fast-forward to the present, and the majority of the descendants of the Illuminated Poet have suffered purges, slaughters, genocides and massacres from the various nations of the world due to ignorance and misunderstanding, or even outright lies spread by their enemies. Their one safe refuge is Illiad City, an independent city-nation founded by the freethinkers and outcasts of the world, people dedicated to artistic and philosophical pursuits, as well as worshippers of The One Deity. Despite the hostility of other nations towards it, its access to a greater portion of the Epic of Making makes it equivalent to the great empires of the world in Magical might.

But now, a feud is brewing in the two prime Magical Academies of the city, a feud brewing from how to deal with the world's hostility towards them. Ironically, this feud might be the one thing that brings down the metropolis...

II. The Factions of Iliad City

The Big Three

Marduk Academy for The Mystic Arts, located on Uruk Hill in the western parts of Iliad, holds power over the pieces of the Epic of Making that govern 'Heroic' Magic - The Magic of Light, the Elements (Fire, Water, Air, and Earth), and the power to heal the wounded and the sick with mystic energy alone. Their students are the champions of the defenseless, the honorable knights-errant and the wise wizards. But confronted with the hatred of other nations towards them, they seek a 'muscular' foreign policy, asking that Iliad City use its magical might to conquer the neighboring empires and repressive states that wish to destroy Illiad before they grow too strong. However, whispers are being heard that push for more than that - That Marduk Academy should attempt to rule the world so that no nation would exterminate the descendants of the Illuminated Poet once again.

And Professor Gilgamesha, its Principal, is beginning to listen...

Ishtar School for Creative Minds, on the other hand, holds power over the pieces of the Epic of Making that govern 'Black' Magic - The Magic of Darkness, Entropy, Blood and Death, as well as the power to inflict agony and weaken their enemies. Their students are the spies and assassins, the dark knights whom monsters and criminals fear. Despite this, they used to work alongside Marduk Academy, until Professor Nergal, it's principal, began urging for the casting of the Spell of Otherworldly Travel, which will transport Iliad City onto another dimension where its people can live in peace. Problem is that 1.) This requires the pieces of the Epic of Making that Marduk Academy does have, and 2.) Marduk Academy considers Ishtar's solution cowardly.

As the feud simmers, Ishtar does double-duty watching out for foreign infilitrators in the Leviathan Port/Mount Ophir in the eastern, coastal part of Iliad City.

The Cassandra Club is the newest faction in the block, a small band of students from both Academies and a larger group from other schools who believe that the brewing feud between Marduk Academy and Ishtar School is being engineered by a 'sinister force' outside the city as part of a grand plan to conquer Iliad City and acquire the Epics of Making and Unmaking. Not merely that, but they believe in asking the question: Why do other nations hate us? What are the lies they've been fed in order to kill off the descendants of the Illuminated Poet? Do they even know that they are completing the Epic of Unmaking? And if so, who is trying to do so and is he someone who can take advantage of the power to rewrite the universe?

The Cassandra Club is led by the Anonymous Council, a group of 'concerned students and teachers' (PCs have the option to be part of this circle) whose goals are to find out exactly who is profiting from the extermination of Descendants and stop them before its too late. These folk are supported by the Church of The One and meet in the Cathedral of The One.

III. Interesting Places in Iliad City

Interesting Places

The Wall - Iliad City is located on a coastal plain from where three peaks with smaller plateaus jut out, and the plain is enclosed by a huge wall, two miles high and four miles thick (Based on the Ark Fortress of Bukhara, Uzbekistan), with four gates where refugees seek asylum from the Hermannreich's oppression, many of whom are admitted into the farmlands, forestlands, and hills inside the wall after a thorough screening, including mind-reading.

Mt. Uruk - Watching over The Wall surrounding Iliad, Mt. Uruk stands deep inside the city's west, bristling with walls and fortifications of its own, including magical shields and guns. Marduk Academy sprawls over all of the mountainside, even digging a reinforced bunker underneath the surface in order to conceal its own pages of the Epic of Making.

The Leviathan Port/Mt. Ophir - Iliad City's port is where most of its foreign trade comes from, due to the Hermannreich's on-and-off hostility. A bustling structure where great cargo ships dock and depart, the Leviathan Port is watched over by great ranged guns from two coastal forts that guard the entrance to the bay, as well as Ishtar School for Creative minds, whose campus, located on Mt. Ophir, the smallest of the three peaks of Illiad, overlooks the port.

The Acropolis - On a mountain higher than Mt. Uruk and Ophir lies the Acropolis, where a plateau on top contains City Hall (where the Mayor, a Non-Descendant, is constantly pressured this way and that by the feuding academies). Besides City Hall lie the Cathedral of The One, in whose basements the Cassandra Club sometimes meet, and Fort Maccabeus, where the city's formal military, a powerful force of its own, regularly sends out patrols of Gunships, Pegasi, and the occasional Dragon Rider to remind the Academies that they are not the rulers of the City.

Artisan Coffeemakers United Branches - A set of coffeehouses spread all throughout Iliad City dedicated to the production of quality artisan coffee, tea, and pastries at a fair and affordable price. Both Ishtar and Marduk have cafes of ACUB in their premises, with secure internet lines to each other, and it is rumored that students who wish to establish forbidden contacts with each other are allowed to use said lines... For a price.

Enchanted Mountain - Iliad's prime amusement park, with a large Ferris Wheel, magitech roller coasters, and virtual reality simulations of any environment one can think of, as well as various restaurants catering to every palate. It is also a 'truce zone' between Iliad and Marduk, due to Professor Gilgamesha having spent time there in better days and not wanting to let the place be stained by the current inter-school conflict.

Kaleidoscope Arcades - A series of arcades filled with the latest games mundane science and magitech can supply, and are thus destinations where both Marduk and Ishtar and students from other schools can be found competing against each other in a halfway-friendly manner.

Paradise Spa - The place everyone who is anyone in Iliad goes to relax, Paradise Spa is filled with treatments both mundane and magical which rely on pleasing every sense possible, from sweet aromas to soft coats of mud, to serene sounds and calm colors, along with filling yet tasty smoothies and juices, Paradise Spa is where the troubles of the world fall away, even for a while.

Players can submit new places if they want to.

IV. The World Around Illiad

Iliad City is situated on a peninsula which juts out at the very edge of the Western Continent, one of two major landmasses which make up Historia's inhabited parts. These two continents used to be filled with many city-states, kingdoms, and republics, but those have now been absorbed by two distinct power blocs which in their own way, present a danger to Iliad City, even if one of them (Olympia) is one of the reasons reason the latter has not been invaded yet (the other is Iliad City's sheer magical might). These power blocs are the Unified Hermannreich, a gigantic nation which seeks to dominate the world, and the Olympian Federation, which believes they are defending it. These are elaborated on below.

The Two Powers of the World

The Unified Hermannreich - The undisputed conqueror of the entire Western Continent except for Illiad, the Hermannreich is also an empire built on slavery and oppression, maintained by a dark alliance between its militaristic regime and the mysterious Custodians. With vast armies at its disposal, it waits for the order to conquer Iliad City and purge the Descendants, but its inferiority in Magic and the need to keep the slave population underneath its heel are obstacles towards fulfilling such an order.

That, and Iliad City is grudgingly protected by its main enemy, the Olympian Federation across the sea...

The Olympian Federation - A close compact of twelve nations which claim to stand for Freedom and Justice, the Olympian Federation is a naval power which governs the Eastern Continent whose fleets, air power, and cruise missiles prevent the Hermannreich from destroying Iliad and then crossing over to the east. However, do not be deceived: Olympia is just as Anti-Descendant as the Hermannreich is, it just hides it better. Once Iliad's usefulness ends to the Federation, the latter will destroy the former itself.

V. How Magic Works (To be itself reworked)

Magic System

All Magic comes from instructions given in the Epic of Making, which in turn is a long poem or song that details the transference of a part of The One Deity's power to mortal Humanity, and the basic mental exercises used to 'pull' magical power from the depths of one's own soul to make what you imagine real.

The various 'types' of Magic come from concepts common to humanity, concepts that you either come up with or are taught. These, in turn, are powered by the Human heart, will, and soul. There is no way to take magical energy from the surrounding environment, as only Humans (or fully sapient aliens, if they exist) have magical energy.

Anyone can learn Magic, but few have the combination of strength of heart and imagination to be truly good at it. Therefore, Magical Academies are important so that what existing Magi already imagined before can be taught to other people.

Schools of Magic
    There are six disciplines of Magic:

High - There are many theories that try to explain High Magic. Some say that it is the power of The Divine, it is the power of positive emotions, channeled through the human soul. Nevertheless, High Magic is the power of controlling Magical Energy itself, allowing for the ability to see all Magic, to draw available magical energy from the indestructable and immortal souls of others, create constructs of condensed Mana, create and fuel magitech and enchanted items, ward people and places from magic, and finally, the ability to create bolts of silver-white light that cause damage that cannot be healed by magic to Mages and Magical creatures... But not ordinary targets, whose burns can be healed as normal.

World - World Magic is control over the physical elements of the world. Do you want to create Fire? World Magic. Do you want to alter Gravity to make yourself float? World Magic. Do you want to use lightning to electrocute a person? World Magic. Basically, if it has nothing to do with changing one thing to another, or controlling something that isn't wholly of this earth? World Magic is your key. Basically, Bending from Avatar: The Last Airbender, but without healing or spiritual arts and with control over gravity.

Change - This is the magic that deals with changing one thing to another. This magic can knit wounds and reverse aging, cause trees to grow fists, and turn vines into whips. This magic can change one substance to another, turning lead into gold, earth into acid, and fire into water. What it cannot do, however, is affect stuff protected by High magic, or mess with things that are already dead. That belongs to another school, the magic of the Underworld.

Underworld - Death is all around us, and the old laws against disturbing the ghosts who chose not to pass on are gone, cast into the wind. Nevertheless, the souls of the departed have to be treated with respect...but it is not the same for their bodies. Underworld Magic is the magic of Necromancy; it is the magic you wield when you want to raise an army of the dead, to control the shadows of the world, to speak with ghosts, and to strike people dead with one blow (this is a high-level spell). You can even use this to transcend death, allowing you continued existence in this world without the need for food, drink, and sleep...

Timespace - The magic of traveling vast distances in a single bound, of teleportation, portals, and scrying. The strongest Magi can even control probability, making a person luckier or unluckier, sometimes to absurd levels. But what it can not do is reverse the past; basically, no time travel. Bullet Time and Time Stop are also possibilities for incredibly strong practitioners but have certain requirements that limit their effectiveness in combat.

Mind Magic - This magic deals with controlling minds and altering emotions of both humans and animals, as well as creating illusions, mental compulsions, and even erasing or editing memories. A very powerful magical discipline, but strong willpower can better resist its effects...

Note: A lot of individual spells are very broken by nature, and would fundamentally destroy the game’s balance if implemented. If you’re touching these spells, please make sure you have some limitations added to them. If you’re not sure, look no further than your GMs! They will be happy to answer your question/address the balancing of your powers.

Spell Mastery

Spell Mastery

Pretty self-explanatory. Each spell your character possesses has their own degree of mastery. The more you master a spell, the less effort (Mana, Time, other relevant resources) it takes to perform that spell. If you have enough spells from the same school mastered, you can choose to make it a <Magic School> Mastery trait. How many spells, you ask? Well, there’s not a hard-coded number for that. But I’d say about 3+ spells of the same school. We can lower the number if the spells are difficult enough, or raise it if they’re easier to cast. Having Mastery as a trait makes learning and mastering new spells of that school a lot easier.

How long is it going to take to master a spell: This gives me headaches every time. It really depends. From the length of an arc to the number of times the character practices/uses these spells. I’d say on average 1 spell is mastered every arc as a benchmark, but don’t take this as a gospel. Use a LOT of nuances when interpreting this. We’ll try to adjust and accommodate your needs, just let us know.

Enchantment Rules

Enchantment Rules

Enchantment requires High Magic and a spell that you or another party member knows, along with an item to be enchanted. Note however that the weaker and less durable the material is, the magic you can put into it is more limited; for example, oak can be enchanted to emit laser beams, birch cannot. This is the same for metals, and the strongest of spells can only be enchanted into 'Perfected Electrum (more below)'.

Perfected Electrum

Perfected Electrum

Electrum is a mix of Gold and Silver that occurs naturally but can be made by artificial means. This material, if treated by High and Change Magic by four different Magi (see 'Group Spells' below) can be 'perfected', aka transformed into metal as hard as a diamond yet not as brittle, and whose lightness is that of cloth. But the most valuable property of Perfected Electrum is that it can contain very, very strong spells, except for Resurrection (see below under 'Group Spells'). Iliad City has a monopoly of Perfected Electrum, by the way.

Group Spells

Group Spells

Basically, multiple spell-casters with different Schools can do things that would strain a single Mage. This also helps in compensating for single Magi's weaknesses in specialization.

Update on Group Spells: There’s no longer any rules in terms of how many spells are needed to perform group spells. What combination of spells creating what is down to your creativity. Use your imagination! And a bit of common sense too…

Non-Magical Options

Character Traits (Formerly Exceptional Skills)

Character Traits (Formerly Exceptional Skills)

Character Traits can both be a few neat bullet points to describe some of your character’s defining traits, and also accommodate your character’s non-magic skills. They essentially describe a portion of your character, and some of them might be capable of special effects that can benefit you and other characters in different ways.

A character Trait consists of 3 parts as described

<Trait Name>: <Trait Description>. <Trait Effects>
    <Trait Name>: Self-explanatory
    <Trait Description>: A few sentences explaining what characteristics of your character that this Trait is describing. You can go longer if you wish
    <Trait Effects>: These are optional, but the most interesting. These essentially encompasses the Ex Skills, but a lot more specific and individual-based.

A few examples of generic trait to illustrate this further

Swordmaster: His extended training with his family’s traditional blade and under their guidance have made him exceptionally capable with these weapons. Greatly increases proficiency when using blades
    Turtleback: His natural skin of his species allowed him to essentially be a walking mini-fortress. Enhanced resistance against physical attacks.

A Healthy and Focused Mind: Her zen training allowed him to ascend to a higher spiritual state that allows her to act solely based on his instincts. Only usable in a combat situations. Allows the character to ignore mind magic during this time. Only affected when said magic can affect subconscious thoughts.
    Disgraced Warrior: From a family of traitors, he is received by the public with mistrust. Reduce effectiveness when coercing people through diplomacy.

Supreme Chef: She’s just really good at cooking duh. <Blank> (Yes, you can leave it blank. You don’t have to have an effect for every trait).

Of course, these are generic examples that apply to no one in particular. Your character traits, however, are bound by their background. A character trait has to be connected somehow to your character and what makes them who they are. Unrelated traits will be rejected. Your trait names does not have to follow these format. Feel free to go ham and be creative with the name and description.

What these skills are not, however: They do not fully describe your character. There is and should be more depths to your character than just a bunch of bullet points. They have defining characteristics but they have nuances and more depths to and outside those characteristics. That’s how a great character is made

Some potential questions.

How many traits are needed: There should be no limits to how many traits you have, but please refrain from making too many of them. Remember this is supposed to represent defining characteristics that screams that’s them when mentioned. You don’t want to describe yourself like that. For starters, around 3-4 traits would be a healthy number (this number is preliminary).

What about combat with vague measures to quantify your strength: Well, this is not a tabletop RP to begin with. There is no dice. We have narratives and plots to drive your characters around. How battles would turn out is entirely down to you and your fighting partners. Discuss with your partner how you would want fights to turn out. Maybe this guy have a really cool move that he wants to show off, or this lady is cocky and needs to be slapped down a peg. After all, it’s more about building your character than a game of who gets to win. If you have problem deciding the fight, the GMs can step in and help

Can you bypass these skills somehow: Yes. Having traits that give you enhanced characteristics (durability/strength/speed/etc.) does not make you infallible (unless you opt in for it, to which you would need to give a GOOD justification). Having enhanced resistance against Mind Magic could fall apart if you’re intoxicated/not paying attention. Use common sense and logic at all times.

Gaining/Losing traits: This is possible, as your character changes, but you shouldn’t gain too many traits throughout the journey anyway, so when you want to add/remove/change a trait, contact your GM. Don’t worry we’re friendly

What about Magic Mastery: If you have 3+ spells mastered from the same school of magic, you can gain a mastery trait of that specific school, giving you increased magic literacy for that school. If you CHOOSE to have that trait at the very beginning, and thus giving you at least 3 spells to be mastered, it’s best you contact the GM so we can discuss it.

Technology, Magitech, and Super-tech

Technology is equivalent to 21st Century Earth, but Spellcasters are capable of creating devices called "Magitech" which allow for even common people to access the benefits of Magic. In Iliad, this has resulted in magical healing being common all throughout, with specialized 'regeneration booths' in strategic parts of the city where even grievous injuries may be healed as long as they are not inflicted by High Magic. There is also a set of Magitech Bullet Trains and Nuclear Fusion plants (with magic used in the process), as well as 'Null-entropy fridges' which can preserve meat and fresh vegetables indefinitely.

Military Magitech is also very much advanced, with Iliad City being able to bio-engineer, through magic, entire armies of Pegasi and Dragons, which are fielded alongside more mundane VTOLs and Supersonic Airplanes. They also have Golems, animated humanoid statues of clay and metal, which supplement normal infantry, tanks, and the more usual kind of Magi. The grand majority of inhabitants know some battle magic, including children and teenagers who are trained in spellcasting as soon as they can talk.

However, both the Hermannreich and Olympia are developing not just their own Magitech, but are conjuring up, from almost nowhere, pieces of technology that though they are as powerful as Magic and Magitech, run purely on Science. This 'Super-tech', which includes Lasers, Railguns, and Anti-Gravity devices which can lift up an entire Supercarrier to the skies, is an unwelcome development for Iliad City, and some say it is the harbinger of its fall...

VI. Rules

1.) Do not be an asshole.
    2.) Take NSFW to PMs.
    3.) No Godmoding or Powergaming, aka no controlling other players' actions, no defeating your enemy in one shot, and no shrugging of all hits without a magical shield.
    4.) This game is friendly to m/m and f/f romance.

VI. Character Sheet

Code:
    Name: 
    Appearance:
    Age: The usual age for a student is 13 to 18, but characters older than those are permitted. 
    Bio: 
    Mundane Skills:
    Magic: 
    Character Traits: 
    Faction (Marduk, Ishtar, or Cassandra Club when it's founded):
    Are you a Descendant of the Illuminated Poet?: Simple yes or no question.

Blog Entries
    Just letting everyone know that Infinity Odyssey is looking for a tentative new player. However, the strict requirement is that the player must be able to fit to the schedule where we run games from 18-to-around-23 CEST, Mondays. So far that's the only time that fits all the other players, so unfortunately them's how the cards fall.

This call goes out especially to those who submitted sheets the first time, but also any new hopefuls. Information about the campaign and what it's about can be gotten by asking me, looking at earlier posts in this thread, reading this site or by watching this video.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; July 26th, 2022 at 03:45 PM.

A Song of Ice And Fire - The Bleeding Years

It is 74 years since the Doom of Valyria, and Westeros and Essos are still dealing with the consequences of the disaster.

In the North, the Starks of Winterfell fend off attacks from the Wildlings and rival kingdoms. King Edric Stark, the Spring King, is blessed with a seemingly-able son, Torrhen, and a realm in good order except for the occasional Wildling raid. Through him and his son run the blood of the First Men, which would not brook submission to those mixed with the blood of the Andal Invaders. Facing them are the Arryns of The Mountain and Vale, whose hostility towards him and his line are absolute. Tracing their lineage to the very foreigners of Andalos the Starks are opposed to, the Arryns strive to maintain a beacon of chivalry and martial might that honor their lost homeland, forever gone. But their King only has a daughter, the ten-year-old Sharra Arryn, and thus his house's hold on the throne is endangered.

To the south, the Riverlands are under the control of interlopers from the Iron Islands, who are spending blood and treasure to build the Castle of Harrenhal in order to glorify King Harren Hoare, their oppressor. King Harren intends to make this castle last forever, a testament to his glory and that of his family. The growing power of the Iron Islanders is opposed by Argilac Durrandon of the Stormlands, whose strong arm, backed by fierce and loyal men, is spent trying to fend off raids from all nations around him. The strongest of these nations are The Reach, where the Gardeners reign in great prosperity after a series of good harvests. Their King rejoices at the birth of a son, Mern Gardener, and sees no troubles on the horizon except the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, whose great wealth allows them to equal The Reach in all but numbers.

To the furthest South, Princess Meria of Dorne has reached her middle age but shows no sign of diminishing vigor - Far from it, she looks at events east of Westeros with interested eyes. For Volantis, or as they prefer to call themselves, New Valyria, is showing signs of strain. As her realm enjoys a period of modest prosperity, Meria watches as the Volantenes deal with rebellious sentiments from Lys and Myr, as well as alliances between Norvos, Qohor, and as it is rumored, Braavos and Pentos, the two age-old enemies. Nothing would please her more than to see Argilac 'The Arrogant' sail over to the Disputed Lands to try and prevent the Volantenes from solving their problems, but that is a distant prospect.

But in Dragonstone, a birth occurs that would shake the very foundations of the Seven Kingdoms. A birth not of a Dragon, but of a baby boy, one Aegon Tarageyen...

-------

Basically, this is a Game of Thrones NRP set during the birth of Aegon the Conqueror, with entire houses and dynasties ranging from the Kings in the North, the Sealords of the Braavosi, and the Triarchs of Volantis being playable. The rules are below:

1.) Do not be an asshole.
    2.) No Godmoding or Powergaming, aka no controlling other players' actions, no defeating your enemy in one shot, and no shrugging of all hits without an enchanted shield.
    3.) Do not make your nation overpowered.
    4.) Do not ignore Logistics or Economics.
    5.) By the same token, only a few nations can have a 'High' or 'Very High' Economic Strength (see below).
    6.) Most Rulers will be OCs. Do not make them Perfect.
    7.) Multiple characters are allowed, while as for multiple nations, one player can control one Westerosi country and one Essosi country as long as they are sufficiently distant from each other (aka not right across the Narrow Sea). For example, the Volantis player can take the Starks if they want, while the Mallister player can take New Ghis if they want.

Character Sheet

Code:

Name:
    Appearance:
    Mundane Skills:
    Magic (If Any):
    Personality:
    Kingdom:
    Is he/she a Ruler?
    Are they a Canon Character/ (Yes or No.)
    Heir(s): (Merchant Republics like the Free Cities can name a non-family member as their heir.)

Publicly Available Info (for BL only):

Appearance:
    Mundane Skills:
    Magic (If Any):
    Personality:
    Kingdom:
    Is he/she a Ruler? (Yes or No.)
    Heir(s): (Merchant Republics like the Free Cities can name a non-family member as their heir.)
    Kingdom/Free City Sheet

Code:
    This must always be Public:

Canon Name:
    Canon Flag/Badge:
    Canon Military Strength: (Up to 10,000 to 50,000 men.)
    Canon History: (Optional.)
    Headcanon History: (Include stuff you made up to fill in the blanks in Canon, like OC Kings and Nobles and the policies they pursue.)
    Economic Strength: (Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Absurdly Rich - Only Volantis/New Valyria and Braavos can be Absurdly Rich.)
    Vassal/Custom House Sheet

Code:
    This must always be Public:

Name:
    Coat Of Arms:
    Motto:
    Military Strength: (Up to 2,000 - 10,000 men maximum)
    Economic Strength: (Low, Average, High, Very High)
    History: (2 paragraphs minimum)
    Last edited by Dragos Bee; July 30th, 2022 at 11:24 PM.

死者 Corpse
    US Friend Code

Fate/Restoration From Fiction - An Grand Order Based Fate/ Roleplay Discord Server

Fate/Restoration From Fiction

Summary Intro

December 26th, 2017. Another day on Earth. Before it all went white. You had no say in this. You had no warning. One moment, you were alive. The next, you were not. Quiet annihilation. An Alien God you didn’t even know arrived upon your planet and bleached the world white. You swam in this quiet annihilation for six years until a light appeared. It dragged you from that annihilation to set the world right once more. To set other worlds right once more. With the help of heroes of your world and others.

Fate/Restoration From Fiction is a literate Fate/ roleplay server inspired mainly by the story of Fate/Grand Order. After the denial of the worlds the seven Lostbelts tried to create, a new threat has arisen: Destroyers. Beings from worlds aside from Pan-Human History and its offshoots with the ability to tear the universe itself apart given manifestation from a ritual gone wrong. Along with them came several rifts scattered across the surface of the bleached Earth, leading to worlds that should only ever exist in the imagination of humanity; Fictional Overrides. With them has come the ability to manifest those thought to be limited to being mere Phantoms as Heroic Spirits, Monsters, Heroes, and Villains from works of fiction are able to answer the call of the ones that truly exist to aid their creators against these new threats.

The new Destroyer Class and the Fictional Overrides are not the only threats the new Masters of Chaldea must face however. Saplings from the Tree of Emptiness: Magellan have also spread throughout the timelines after its destruction. New Pseudo-Lostbelts emerged from these seeds, spreading across the world and growing in number far beyond what the Alien God had planned. All the while new Singularities begin to pop up once again, at a increased rate and similar depths to the first Grand Order, who could be the one behind the manifestation of these new events? Masters from the bleached world and Servants from across history and different universes must save this universe from absolute destruction whilst repairing time and space itself!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background
    Server Lore
    This server takes place after a potential end of Fate/Grand Order's Part 2 and is essentially a What-If Part 3 that was inspired by Nasu saying in interviews he'd like Part 3 of Fate/Grand Order to finally introduce crossovers with series outside of Type-Moon's Ownership. As we obviously do not yet know the end of Part 2, this server is technically also an AU so keep it in mind while we'll be holding off on certain things until we actually see them not everything may be accurate to official lore.

Ritsuka Fujimaru, Mash Kyrielight, and the rest have Chaldea have resolved the matters dealing with the Crypters and every Lostbelt that grew after the world was bleached. However... upon returning they were met with a distressing sight... the world had not been restored to its former glory, nor has its people. It was still as bleached as the day after U-Olga Marie and the Crypters successfully attacked the inhabitants of the world. Just minus the oddities that signified a Lostbelt was behind them, the only part of the planet that seemed restored was their old base of operations that was in need of a fix-up. Suffice to say as the Storm Border could not operate as a long-term residence Chaldea decided to use what resources they could to repair their old home... while also trying to find ways to restore their world.

With the old Chaldea Headquarters in a state of mostly being back up and running, they've found out the world actually is restoring itself... just at a pace so slow problems that would occur later in the cosmos would be problems occurring for a humanity that was robbed of the time to build itself up to hopefully avoid them. Out of a desire to restore the world now and not to die without doing much of anything about their current state of affairs, Chaldea had to find a way to return the world to the way it was themselves. Eventually they did come up something... however it used Memories, something barely used in Magecraft due to how weak they usually are to use. However... in a ritual to use the residual memories of the planet and the people who lived on it to recreate the world now and then... it could actually work. This ritual they were creating however required a mass amount of magical energy... so much Chaldea had to de-summon the many Servants it had contracted with to this point.

When the ritual day came however... they would soon realize just how much of a risk they took messing with something barely understood due to its low frequency of usefulness. Having used physical objects Chaldea had, some of which were pieces of entertainment of the modern day, to try to anchor these memories using what most individuals of the time were fond of. Alongside Ritsuka Fuijimaru and Mash Kyrielight being other important pieces of this due to their larger amount of exposure to these things than anyone else at Chaldea. Well... it didn't go how they expected, Ritsuka and Mash almost immediately fell unconscious and into a coma no one could wake them up from. Then well... nothing seemed to have happened besides putting the two they relied on the most out of commission... that was before pulling up a map of the planet there were... odd... holes of some sort scattering alongside its surface.

Thus, Chaldea has caused a problem they thought they would be unable to fix. Even more-so when they began to once again pick up on similar signatures to that of Lostbelts and Singularities that were popping up. That said while they thought no humans were restored, and that is true, through this they have given you a chance to come back to life and help fix this mess and restore the world through one of these new oddities, a... Fictional Override. Of which are the manifestations of the fictional worlds that are overriding the surface of the world as these hole-like occurrences, most of which have become twisted by the human imagination and if left not-fixed... could change the history of our world and theirs. Albeit... some may not always work in this way and may be entirely new occurrences under... certain circumstances. These Override's also have had the side-effect of tricking the Throne of Heroes into promoting many Phantom Spirits into fully-fledged Heroic Spirits that are able to be called forth.

Restore yourselves and escape from the Fictional Override that has given you a chance to come back to life and hopefully aid Chaldea: Reaper's Bleached Game: Shibuya Rewrite!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Standouts
    Server Offerings
    As a server, we offer:

- Text-based Roleplay, instead of a Table Top Game system we instead rely on the server essentially being collaborative writing with some "gameplay" mechanics involved.

- 250+ Members (As of 1/31/22).

- Eight Character Slots (4 Masters, 4 Servants) (May become 10 Character Slots if server is at Boost Level 3 with 2 additional free slots).

- Classes aside from the ones shown in Fate/Grand Order are available through careful "homebrewing", Gatekeeper, Gunner, Voyager, and Watcher.

- Pretender and Shielder Class Servants are also allowed to be submitted by players whereas other similar servers disallow them.

- High quality custom class Icons for Gatekeeper, Gunner, Voyager, Watcher, Unseen Beasts, Funny Vamp/Tempress, and Saver for everyone's use.

- A serious take on the concept of crossover Servants and events.

- Interactive Singularities, Lostbelts, Events, and a new addition, the manifestation of distorted fictional worlds dubbed Fictional Overrides, for you to explore.

- A cooperative and friendly staff team willing to work with you every step of the way with our sheet approval process with sheet denial as a last resort.

- Characters that are usually banned in these types of servers such as Gilgamesh, Pale Rider, Koyanskaya, and more are allowed here.

- Masters may be Magi, Church Members, Dead Apostles, Psychics, and other things that may be discussed.

- Seasonal events that allow you to stretch your creative muscles with a chance at a Santa Servant as well as Summer variations of Servants.

- A toxicity free server for you to make friends and memorable characters in.

- LGBTQ+ friendly.

- An wide variety of channels.

Server Rules
    General Rules
    1. This server runs on a three strike system for breaking the rules, each instance you will obtain one strike and it will go up to three. If you break the rules for a fourth time you will be removed from the server, there may be cases where we skip this system such as if someone has their account hacked or is trying to scam people in DMs with . One may lose strikes by showing good behavior for over a month since the strike was given.

2. Plagiarism in this server is not going to be taken lightly, if you copy a sheet or another player's produced material you will be given a strike ASAP. If you have been given permission from the owner of the content to use it you will credit them and will provide evidence of them giving you permission to do so. Failure to do so will result in us tracking down the original owner and asking them ourselves and if they say no, you will be striked.

3. NSFW content should not be posted outside of the NSFW-flagged channels. Respect that some people are not a fan of even ecchi content being in the normal channels and thus should also only be posted in the NSFW channels. As such please respect that certain kinks should not be openly discussed or posted if people are uncomfortable with them. That said content that is on the level of gore and such that is presented in a sexual manner will be removed and striked. You can find all of our bans on lewd materials in our character-list in the ban section. If you wish to get access to the lewd channels please go into age-verification and request for the @Watcher of Lewds role. Do note you must be at least eighteen years old to obtain this role and need to provide your date of birth as well with no exceptions. If you have been found to lied about your age you will have the role revoked and will get striked.

4. We also expect people to treat everyone with common decency and respect. If you are caught being openly and purposefully disrespectful you will get striked, a more severe punishment may also be given if you're caught being racist, sexist, or transphobic, etc. etc.. Do keep such rude thoughts and statements to yourselves or deal with it privately in DMs rather than the server. This also applies when desiring to rant or insult other servers, whether they be Fate or not.

5. We will ask for political and religious discussion be kept into the vent as they can potentially be triggering towards people when out in the open. That is of course when its only discussing IRL occurrences, for things related to the states of the worlds in fiction please keep them to lore-discussion or character-help.

6. Make sure to keep conversations and content to the channels they're meant to be in.

7. Make sure not to spam channels, spamming will be cause for a strike.

8. Do not ping or DM staff regarding your sheets, the staff team do have lives of their own that require their attention. If however you haven't heard anything back after 48 hours have passed feel free to ask in staff-contact about it.

9. If a user leaves for over 24 hours without an explanation all of their characters will get removed and they will have to submit all over again if they return to the server.

10. If you need a channel to put all your character housing in do tell us in staff-contact and we shall get it made for you! There will only be one channel per participating user as such we recommend using threads in that channel to make the living spaces of your other characters.

11. Advocating for the use of dangerous substances will get you first a warning and if you continue a strike.

12. Unless decided otherwise for being too big to ignore such as scamming people out of their money or being guilty of pedophilia, actions in other servers will not get you striked here.

13. Don't block Staff Members, they can't do their job since meaning being blocked means they can't review your sheets, nor can you see any important announcements they make, nor are they able to give or take roles away if the situation requires that.

14. When it comes to getting a hiatus status in the hiatus channel your hiatus must be 4 days minimum, anything below that and the status will be denied. As anything below that is rather inconsequential and will not have a chance to change the status of yourself and your characters. Thus, please only put something in hiatus for when you know you will for sure be gone for more than 4 days.

Creation Rules
    1. Before starting to create whoever you want make sure to check the link in character-list to make sure they're not banned or if someone is already roleplaying them in the class you want to make them.

2. You are allowed a total of eight characters you can submit. Four characters will be Masters while the other half will be Servants. That said to encourage people to make non-crossover Servants only two of your Servant slots can be used for Crossover Characters. That said if you decide to make no Crossover Servants you can indeed just make 4 normal Servants.

3. When it comes to dropping a character you can do up to three in a row, with each individual character dropped; you will have to wait a week to obtain more drops. Unless you do an all-drop of which you will have to wait a month's time to drop again. You will only be able to submit two Masters and two Servants when doing an all drop and having to wait a week's time to gain all your slots again.

4. Every sheet that is submitted will be overlooked by our Staff team. If you are not a member of our staff team we will ask of you to not barge in the discussion process when we're needing to tell the owner of the sheet to make some changes to it. Do know however some canons may not immune to receiving balancing nerfs. If you however notice some inconsistencies do feel free to point them out in staff-contact and we will inform you of why if it was one done purposefully. Once approved the sheet will be posted in approved-characters and onto our character list.

If we do inform of you of changes needing to be made the submission will be voided after a week of no responses (after three days of no responses you will receive a heads up ping warning you of the date) and you will have to submit them again. This will not however count to your drop counter. If you also drop the submission due to not agreeing with the balance changes it will also not count toward your drop counter.

5. If you're not active with a character in canon RP channels for a month's time, anyone will be allowed to submit that character and override your slot for that character. That is unless you file for a hiatus of which you will gain an extra week before the character is marked inactive. However after a month and a week have passed they will be removed from the hitlist.

6. Masters may not have EX-rank parameters or skills, the strongest they can get is A+++ which we consider to be equivalent to a Servant if they had an F rank parameter.

7. OC Servants can only have one EX rank parameter on their sheet and even then they will require a very good reason for why this stat is at EX rank.

8. OC Servants can only have a maximum of three Noble Phantasms.

9. You cannot claim more than one version of a character, for example if you have claimed Artoria Pendragon (Saber) you cannot also claim Artoria Pendragon (Lancer).

10. All canon Servants must use their canonical appearances, when it comes to Pseudo-Servants one may choose between any canon vessel they've had for example Ishtar being able to be Stay Night Rin Tohsaka or Fillia. Albeit it would be preferred to use the class that uses that vessel as their appearance such as Archer Ishtar being SN Rin while Fillia could be used for any other class for Ishtar.

11. We allow Summer and Santa Servants to be submitted however Summer Servants may only be submitted during a portion of the Summer and must be a character you currently RP as. The Summer Servant can have different skills and NPs and will be an overlay that will be active till that period of Summer is over and they are returned to normal. One can indeed opt for it to be a simple costume change if they don't wish to try a swing at making a Summer Servant for fun. Santa Servants are a similar case but will be selected from a raffle of volunteers that wish to participate in such an event to become the Santa Servant for that period of time as well.

12. Servants you see listed under the Plot Characters tab on our character-list may be submitted by the general public. However when these characters are being used in the plot their public duplicate may not participate in those events. Some exceptions to this may be plot characters that are always hanging around.

13. An individual may only ping the @Master Needing Servant and @Servant Needing Master roles once per day to avoid these roles getting pinged constantly. The enthusiasm is great and we're glad you want to get in ASAP but do respect this and be patient. You can use contract-finder without pinging people as well to try to get a contract.

14. Tupperbox is not an option or suggestion to be used, it is mandatory so whenever you're RPing please use it.

15. Staff members hold the right to deny characters/series that haven't had any entries that fit in with the tone of Fate/. One may however provide evidence that proves a series may have been misjudged and it should be allowed. Obviously however characters from series made for very young audiences will be auto-denied.

16. Characters from newly and recently released titles must wait a full month after release to be submitted. This is to ensure people who submit them actually know a great deal about the characters and for those who were going to finish the titles to finish them and avoid spoilers.

17. FGO Rank ups will be allowed, however the sheet must properly explain the difference between the normal and ranked up versions.

18. Masters may be half-breeds but half of them must be half-human.

19. Five magecraft/spells/abilities/skills/mystic codes per category.

20. If the server is at Boost Level 3, ALL members shall have two additional free characters slots they may use on whatever they want as long as the server maintains max level. Two Masters, Two Servants, One Master and One Servant, using the slots for two more Crossover Servants, etc. etc. If max level is lost, writers may choose two characters to freeze, meaning they will be unable to be played till the server reached max boost level again. Additionally if characters are dropped while you have frozen characters, you may choose to unfreeze them. Though you may not replace the "frozen" characters, the slots will only open up again for submission/play upon max boost level being reached again.

Roleplay Rules
    1. You cannot summon your own character, as in a Master OC of yours may not contract with a Servant character you also write for.

2. As should be obvious, if you are caught god-modding you will get punished for doing so. As god-modding is something that a great deal of people see as an annoyance and is not considered to be fun to write with.

3. We expect everyone, especially canon characters or crossover characters with laid out personalities, to portray their characters accurately. This is not to say you cannot add a small personal flair to your interpretation or go through character development, you very much still can. This is to prevent individuals from doing a portrayal or change to a character that is grievously out of character for them. Examples being Jeanne D'arc engaging in ERP in canon RPs and also specific characters such as BB falling in love with someone other than Hakuno Kishinami or their specified spouse that they're confirmed to only aim for or Kazuradrop not disliking any Sakura-face Servants and characters.

4. We will ask of you all to also avoid openly trashing on someone's way of roleplaying and their writing. This also extends to how someone portrays their character, of course however if you believe someone is in violation of RP rule number three do feel free to bring it to our attention in staff-contact and we shall observe and make an official decision on what to do.

5. Masters will be given two lives here, after losing a life said Master will be unable to be used for a week, after that week they may come back to life but their next death is permanent. Servants upon death in an event will have a week cooldown till they can be summoned again to avoid them popping up too quickly.

6. While ERP is permitted, due to it being considered NSFW content we do ask of you to keep it to channels designated as NSFW-channel that is also an RP channel. We should not be seeing you engage in a full ERP in nsfw-media or nsfw-ooc for example, and should only be in #nsfw-rp and threads connected to that channel. There may be other ERP allowed channels in future canon RP categories and one may request us to mark their channel for their character's rooms as NSFW. Do check in character-list for things banned when it comes to NSFW and ERP engagements, if you don't understand anything do feel free to ask us in staff-contact and we will hopefully clear things up.

7. We will not be allowing those with the child-trait such as Jack the Ripper (Assassin) to engage in romantic relationships whatsoever. That said if the character for example is Kiyohime or Erice who are at least fourteen years old, they may engage romantically with someone of the same age as them or are 15-18 years old. This is not an workaround for these characters to engage in ERP, the maximum allowed is kissing.

8. Masters may contract up to a maximum of two separate Servants. Those who are summoned as a group such as Mary Read and Anne Bonny count as one Servant contracted. If a Master only has a single Servant, that servant can use their Noble Phantasm up to three times but will have to rest after the third usage. Those with two Servants may have each Servant use a Noble Phantasm up to three times before having to take a longer rest and will have to become absent from directly participating in combat for awhile.

9. Servants will be allowed to self-manifest without a Master summoning them, however this will come with the restriction of being unable to use Noble Phantasms and skills. This restriction will only be rescinded upon an active contract with a Master character being formed.

10. Command seals are at a maximum of three for all Master characters, Command seals will recharge on a one week per seal rate. Meaning if you use up all three the next week after you'll get a single one back, a week after that the second one, and then the third. Using a command seal during the recharge period will add another week to get that one back.

11. You may summon in either the summoning room channel and threads attached to it or the channel designated for your character's rooms. Once you make a contract please say so in contract-changes (if you cut a contract as well, also say so in that channel).

12. Canonical PVP may occur in the sparring rooms, however you may not murder another person's character unless the character killing them has a reason to. Masters may be revived only one time after dying thanks to a certain Fictional Override. When a character has died and can no longer be revived they can be dropped with no consequences.

13. An character can have two RPs going on at the same time, however they must be in the same general location. This means if you're in a singularity, lostbelt, or fictional override you can only do the two RPs there. You cannot do one in these events and then do another in the main hub area, it's one or the other on where you can do the RPs.

14. If there is an on-going RP and you want to join in you must ask both parties and gain consent to join in. Failure to do so will get you striked, that said public channels that have not been used in over 48-hours can be taken by anyone wishing to RP in that channel to start something new.

15. When you are doing a True Name Release Noble Phantasm, you may take no other actions that turn unless it's an Noble Phantasm designed and is lore-wise a quick use thing such as an Anti-Unit or Anti-Unit (Self) Noble Phantasm. This does not however apply to boss characters, they may take one other action that turn when unleashing a True Name Release Noble Phantasm upon the players.

16. Players may submit a Faction to faction-submission if they so desire. They will first need to however create a document explaining what the faction is about. Besides that which should be obvious, a Faction will have to have its lore and themes be able to realistically fit into the server's lore and the server's own themes. As well as already having five individual writers and at the very least with five characters within the faction listed on the sheet as well. Upon such criteria being met, Staff shall review the submission in a similar way to characters and will give suggestions to tweak things if anything isn't matching up in faction-review.
    ㅤㅤㅤ
    If approved (which requires 3 staff approvals) a Faction will be posted in approved-factions and whoever the faction put in charge of advertisements may put up an ad for the faction in faction-advertisements. New members for these factions can be recruited in faction-signup, preferably if someone comes to a member of said Faction saying they wish to join it or create a character for it. If a criteria of ten individual writers or fifteen individual characters has been met for a faction, they may get their own "wing" of Chaldea for said faction. If however a Faction ever declines and goes under the requirement of five individual writers and at least five characters within their Faction, said Faction will have a week to recruit their missing members before it is dissolved.

To keep requirements reasonable, Servants will not count towards Faction Member counts, as besides the first reason given their existence is also not very stable in comparison to Masters and may disappear due to a contract simply getting cut. That said a Servant may still be the leader of a Faction, however that just means you need to make up for them being a Servant. Servants may also not join Factions on their own without their Master and cannot be apart of a Faction their Master isn't in.Character Deaths will reduce the counts of Individual Writers (if that was the writer's only character within the Faction) and Characters, however only after their second death or if after their first which they can be revived from, they're just dropped. If a Faction's Leader has permanently died off or has been dropped the members of the Faction can elect a new Leader or decide to dissolve the faction. Any further questions about Factions may be asked instaff-contact.

17. No one lining, while we advocate for people getting better at their writing skills, we do not allow one lining outside of non-canon RP channels. One lining will not get you banned or striked immediately from/in the server. But if you are one lining in canon channels and you have been told several times to stop one-lining, you may receive a strike. Additionally do note other writers and staff writing plot characters and moments are within their rights to ignore your posts entirely if it is a online. Once again the exception to this rule are RPs taking place in non-canon RP channels.

Rules listed are the server rules as of 1/31/2023, rules in post may not be accurate to the rules at a later date. You can always find the most up to date rules in Fate/Restoration From Fiction itself in the invite link to our RP at the bottom of this post. They will be under three different channels being #general-rules, #creation-rules, and #rp-rules under the Important category.

Looking For Staff!
    Staff Notice
    We are currently looking for more staff members to join our team! If you're knowledgeable on Fate/ and several other series do feel free to join and get into contact with us on how to at least start a trial staff period. During said period you will judged on how well you can moderate users (which includes being polite even when you're not receiving said politeness back). Alongside that, you will also be judged on your sheet reviewing skills and willingness to discuss staff matters even if its a subject you're not all too comfortable with. After at most a month of being a trial-staff member, those who are full fledged staff members will decide if you're a good fit to be full staff.

A benefit of being a full-staff member in comparison to just trial-staff is the ability to write up and submit your own Singularity, Pseudo-Lostbelt, or Fictional Override ideas. Where they may or may not be decided to get picked up and integrated into the server's overall plot structure. While there may be situations we ask a trial-staff member to pick up a plot character for an event, being a full-staff member will allow you to guarantee you can do so every event alongside even getting the chance to pick which characters that are planned to be used for said event that you wish to RP for it. Suffice to say however these benefits will have to be earned by the promoted staff member in question. This is to say, they need to be a decent writer and be able to make time to consistently replying to the plot posts they must do while also giving enough time for other players to make their responses.

Fate/Restoration From Fiction Staff Application

Server Link & Resources
    Fate/Restoration From Fiction Servant Template

Fate/Restoration From Fiction Master Template

Fate/Restoration From Fiction Character List

Link to join Fate/Restoration From Fiction, we hope some of you join to take a look and decide to stay awhile and RP with all of us! If you have any other questions feel free to ask inside of the server in #staff-contact for the quickest response. Otherwise I can answer some questions here on Beast Lair as well, though they'll probably be slower than in-server as I don't have the site open 24/7.
    Last edited by Smasherfan88; January 31st, 2023 at 07:58 PM.

Santa Alter Berserker Valentine Summer Lily
    The year is 2015, the location, San Francisco, and the battle, as simple as it gets in this world. Magi, psychics and mundane bystanders tossed into yet another war over a False Grail.

I'm looking for players for a simple, straightfoward Holy Grail War RP. Currently, seven out of the 14 slots have been filled. We'll be using Another Pretender as character sheets and a simple d6 system for combat. The focus is more on character interaction and, well, roleplaying, rather than mechanics. Relatively low standards, just be literate and willing to participate. If interested, send me a message here or at Rocky#2586 on Discord.
    Last edited by NeonKnightrider; February 19th, 2023 at 08:05 PM.

Has anyone done something interesting with post-apocalyptic fanfics?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello! A while back I commented that it might be interesting if someone were to run a Call of Cthulhu-esque Campaign using the Nasuverse as a setting. At the time people seemed receptive to the idea and so after giving it a lot of thought, I think I finally have an idea for how it could be done.

My vision is that it would be similar in nature to Correspondence Chess whereby we as players engage remotely using forum posts to roleplay our characters. It would obviously be slower than doing it in person, but the trade off is that we can take our time since we aren't crammed around a table with a limited number of hours that we can spend together.

I have a (Kara no Kyoukai inspired) Scenario ready to go and am more than willing to host as GM, therefore I am looking for 2-5 Players to give my little idea a test run. As I mentioned, it's using the Nasuverse setting so no knowledge (or love) of the Lovecraft Mythos is needed. Likewise whilst it will be based on the CoC ruleset, no experience is needed as I can quickly explain the rules before the game starts.

So...any takers?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)