Page 2 of 277 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Usandru View Post
    A Ren is for YOU!
    Now this seems interesting, in the context of those Three Great curses, one of which you named.

I assume this would be instanced, where each person playing gets a different world?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Will it have...spaceships?
    Spoiler:
    It depends on whether or not you want to storm CM's home or if you want to wait for him/her/? to come to Earth.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

An original setting, based on the lower-power end of the scale. Players would be Mages, Sealing Agents or the like, drawn to a small town where a Dead Apostle is believed to be lurking (OR IS HE?) Either way, it's clear that the shit, as they say, is going down. And if the players don't hang together, they will most assuredly hang separately.

Alternatively, once every ten thousand years, a gate to hell opens in this city. There's a long and bloody ritual that seals it; The players have been called in to observe, and to make sure it goes off without a hitch. Of course, everyone who wants to unleash hell on Earth is also gathering, for the express purpose of thwarting it. Not to mention; The last time it was close, nearly all involved died. Will history repeat itself?

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Now this seems interesting, in the context of those Three Great curses, one of which you named.

I assume this would be instanced, where each person playing gets a different world?
    Most likely. You could have up to two players in the same instance if you really wanted, but there are only two Rens, so to stick to the premise, you'd have to split it up. The classic way of running these scenarios over on Spacebattles would be five to eight players and a running "conversation" between the GM and his players. Though this can easily be altered.

A Gantz RP would be good.

Pick a character from the Nasuverse, set in a normal dimension with no powers whatsoever.

You die. Next thing you know, you are trapped inside a room somewhere in Tokio, with several other people and a big, black sphere. You are given special suits and alien-like weapons. Your job? Kill aliens. Your prize? Get to 100 points and you might get your life back.

Too bad I've got no time.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Lol a Gantz RP would require the GM to design lots and lots of aliens, not to mention... Are we going to recreate the bloody atmosphere of the manga?

I still think that TYPE-MOON's minor works, such as KnK and DDD, need a bit more love. It is my personally opinion that Fate RPs, especially Grail Wars, have been done to death...

Would anyone be interested in an Umineko-type of RP story? The players are long-estranged family members who have returned to the family estate to sort out the old man's funeral and his will, but each of them have agendas of his or her own. There may even be strangers disguised as family members in there. As they spend their time on the estate, strange things start to happen... This is Nasuverse, after all, when some magi CAN kill through walls. And maybe the dead old man have a hidden secret of his own waiting to be discovered as well?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This could be possible with DDD when Nasu gets cracking at it again. I don't know much about DDD, honestly, and I don't know if there are enough NPCs for us to do the job and we require some knowledge about it if should be done. KnK is a little easier, since we already have working knowledge on what to do with it and there are a few more NPCs we can use in comparison to DDD.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Some, but what would you propose for a KnK RP?

Blog Entries
    That's a pretty good quesiton, actually, Either we decide to make our own play during the KnK stories or make one post-main story. Maybe when Mana's grown up?
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Kara no Kyokai characters in a zombie apocalypse setting.

I'm suggesting.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...an Evangel Notes RP, perhaps? (Background Information here)

You would play as someone dealing with the wasteland after Second Impact, when the survivors are left to deal with things like DA outbreaks as the remaining vampires fight over prey, crops cease to grow, and the land itself becomes infertile? It is post-apocalyptic, and features Zombies of a sort, while involving the greater Nasuverse, and yes, even Types (if you head to Tokyo-3).

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *comes in sees an notes eva cross over roleplay on tap*

yeah imma come back later when logic exists again...

Blog Entries
    I'm not certain our minds are ready for Evangelion. We'll be seeing a shrink in no less than 2 weeks.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, it'd be more of a Second Impact Zombie Apocalypse than an Eva crossover, unless the playeres go to Tokyo-III.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Well, it'd be more of a Second Impact Zombie Apocalypse than an Eva crossover, unless the playeres go to Tokyo-III.
    I'd play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    sigh. then it's pointless to combine it with eva materials at all. you may as well remove second impact and then replace it with some other disaster. unnecessary additions are what gave birth to NXE and nobody wants anything like that ever again

I'd say that depends entirely on how you handle it. For instance, you can have multi-arced RPGs too, you know?

Nothing says that something should start out with the main plot, and many RPGs spend not inconsiderable amounts of time on other, related aspects of the setting.

To go further, you could perhaps set it initially at around 2012-2013, giving you around a year before the main plot starts to work in the characters and play around with the setting.

To say that something is pointless is to give up before it even begins.

Blog Entries
    To say that something is pointless is
    to state a fact. fact is notes is already a wrecked world if you want zombie hunter style shenanigans then do it. there's no reason to jam second impact onto the side of it. I've learned when writing crossovers and GMing roleplaying games as well as developing them that combining elements is tricky business and there has to be elements in balance, otherwise you end up with a scattered mess of unworkable junk where no one is happy.

notes is the worst of the tm stuff to fuse/crossover with evangelion in the first place even tsukihime fits better.

if you want a TM Eva cross over then do it but don't forget the eva elements or the TM ones.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    I've learned when writing crossovers and GMing roleplaying games as well as developing them that combining elements is tricky business and there has to be elements in balance, otherwise you end up with a scattered mess of unworkable junk where no one is happy.
    Yeah, well, I've written my fair share of crossovers as well, and I don't see any reason why an Eva/Notes crossover wouldn't work. Particularly since the one I'm working on is indeed Eva/Nasuverse, with a Notes background.

In 2000 AD, the cataclysm known as Second Impact destroyed most of the Southern Hemisphere, in a global catastrophe that brought modern civilization to its knees. Fifteen years later, things have only become worse, with the mortally wounded world caught in its final throes: the continents cracking and tearing apart from massive tectonic shifts, crops refuse to grow, animal life has become all but extinct, and the very air is filled with "Grain" or "True Ether", a substance that has reduced birth rates near to nothing, on top of proving violently toxic to anyone born before Second Impact.

In the face of this, humanity clings to survival due to its tenacity, scraping away at the edge of the darkness with fire, using every ounce of its creativity and technological ingenuity to stave off the end – using medicines and supplements to help adapt to the dying world, air purification devices to filter the toxins from their dwellings, environmentally controlled geofronts for rebuilding their devastated cities and raising what crops they can.

But things are about to take a turn for the worse, as the Angels begin to awaken from their aeons-long slumber in the watery depths, and last gasps of the dying world have reached the Aristoteles, vast and alien powers drifting in the void of space—beings without rules, without minds, without the concept of death itself, who come in response to Earth's last wish—that humanity, which slew her, might follow her unto oblivion.

Understandably, you might think that it's a somewhat bizarre concept, but given the similarities of the settings, they actually mesh together quite well.

Blog Entries
    and I don't see any reason why an Eva/Notes crossover wouldn't work.
    I never said it wouldn't work I said crossovers need a correct balance to work well.

Understandably, you might think that it's a somewhat bizarre concept, but given the similarities of the settings, they actually mesh together quite well.
    except that you've neglected more then half of the plot and state of the evangelion and the angels simply shoehorning them here as the cause of the doomed world. I don't see why gaia would call out once the Angels cycle had begun. they repair the planet by returning it to the start. hence the end of eva and rebuilds story points. further the types are small time compared to the angels when you consider what the angels are.

it's fine if you want to give it a try but at the moment nothing i see says your idea is at all balanced between the sources and heavily favors notes over eva for no conceivable reason.