Page 3 of 277 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    except that you've neglected more then half of the plot and state of the evangelion and the angels simply shoehorning them here as the cause of the doomed world. I don't see why gaia would call out once the Angels cycle had begun.
    Is Second Impact not the cause of the doomed world? And why wouldn't Gaia call out if it had basically been killed?

they repair the planet by returning it to the start. hence the end of eva and rebuilds story points.
    Now isn't that because of Shinji's desire to do things over, during the brief time he was God, not because of any inherent property of the Angels?

further the types are small time compared to the angels when you consider what the angels are.
    Ha. Really, TYPES, as in the greatest beings in the Nasuverse, the supreme beings of a planet, as small-time? Surely you jest.

it's fine if you want to give it a try but at the moment nothing i see says your idea is at all balanced between the sources and heavily favors notes over eva for no conceivable reason.
    No conceivable reason you say? Have you actually looked into the backstory of Evangelion and the setting there? How the seas barely produce life, how birthrates are plummeting and how the weather patterns have drastically changed? What I'm describing really isn't that different if you would take off your lens of "oh, it's pointless." It's a brief overview - am I supposed to go into detail about everything in that intro? That's what actually reading the story is for.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we were to merge Eva and the Nasuverse, what the FAR (First Ancestral Race, who made the angels) did is to seed the universe with moon-seeds that will spawn creatures that will terraform the target planet on a very deep level. Although the individual angels are for the most part, weaker than Types, their final form after returning to their progenitor would destroy/kill the local type and probably become the new Type of the planer.

That is to say that Nasuverse FAR can and does build Types for...profit?

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is Second Impact not the cause of the doomed world?
    no it's not. it's the beginning of the cycles end.

And why wouldn't Gaia call out if it had basically been killed?
    because the angels enact third impact to restart humanity and repair the planet

Now isn't that because of Shinji's desire to do things over, during the brief time he was God,
    shinji was never god. yui was. Shinji was jesus and then chose to say on earth with Asuka becoming the new adam and eve (thus starting the cycle again)

Ha. Really, TYPES, as in the greatest beings in the Nasuverse, the supreme beings of a planet, as small-time?
    compared to the angels yes, it's the same reason why the evas aren't great when stacked up against other Giant robots. The angels don't run out of power alf. they don't stop and their defense is nearly impregnable. the best I could see the types doing is beating some of the eariler angels but any past the 6th (the whale asuka fights can't remember the name) the types don't stand a chance against them

Have you actually looked into the backstory of Evangelion and the setting there?
    since you don't know me i'll let this slide as if it's a real question. the answer is yes I have at length. we have to to figure out city centers remaining land mass etcetera when developing the homebrew system we use for our eva games.

What I'm describing really isn't that different if you would
    concede the point that you want me to? i won't. the fact is notes and Eva's end of the world setups contradict each other Alf. one is clearly good for the world while the other is bad for it. the angels can't cause the notes Apocalypse because they don't work that way.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    no it's not. it's the beginning of the cycles end.
    So Second Impact didn't destroy a continent? Didn't ruin the climate? Didn't cause the birthrate to plummet?

because the angels enact third impact to restart humanity and repair the planet
    They would cause their own "variant" to ascend, not humanity itself (which is not any of the 17, but the 18th, as children of Lilith). And where is the proof that it would actually repair the planet?

shinji was never god. yui was. Shinji was jesus and then chose to say on earth with Asuka becoming the new adam and eve (thus starting the cycle again)
    Shinji connected to the Tree through EVA-01 was essentially god in that moment, having the power to choose vested in him.

compared to the angels yes, it's the same reason why the evas aren't great when stacked up against other Giant robots. The angels don't run out of power alf. they don't stop and their defense is nearly impregnable. the best I could see the types doing is beating some of the eariler angels but any past the 6th (the whale asuka fights can't remember the name) the types don't stand a chance against them
    So Angels > TYPES, but EVA < other Giant Robots? And how exactly does that work if the EVAs are cloned from the Angels (particularly if you give an EVA an S2 Organ).

It is your opinion that the TYPES would not stand a chance against the Angels, when it's been shown that they're at least equivalent in power (with Type-Jupiter proving equivalent to ADAM in its final throes).

concede the point that you want me to? i won't. the fact is notes and Eva's end of the world setups contradict each other Alf. one is clearly good for the world while the other is bad for it. the angels can't cause the notes Apocalypse because they don't work that way.
    And how the hell is Evangelion's end of the world setup good for the world? It is by definition an end of a world, therefore it cannot be good for the current world. And Second Impact, which devastated the environment, couldn't result in something similar to the Notes environment, when what is revealed of canon clearly demonstrates that it is going in the same direction?

Blog Entries
    So Second Impact didn't destroy a continent? Didn't ruin the climate? Didn't cause the birthrate to plummet?
    it did but you seem to equate that with the destruction in notes. the intent is nowhere near the same nor is the end result.

And where is the proof that it would actually repair the planet?
    rebuild. Kaworu states that it's a cycle and that it's been going on well past the first instance occurring in the same manner each time. thus the planet obviously repairs itself as otherwise second impact would have taken place elsewhere in rebuild.

So Angels > TYPES, but EVA < other Giant Robots?
    obviously. that the way anti X weapons work after all alf. the evas are anti angel units. that's why they aren't as strong as other giant robots

when it's been shown that they're at least equivalent in power
    I don't remember any side by side comparision of the two be their respective creators alf so it's your OPINION that they're equal not fact.

It is by definition an end of a world
    clearly you're one of those people unable to separate the planet from human death. sorry but notes kills the planet. eva's end of the world is only for humans. third impact is only a reset for humans and the planet not an end.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    it did but you seem to equate that with the destruction in notes. the intent is nowhere near the same nor is the end result.
    It is leading up to a similar end result, and in both cases, the destruction is a result of human foolishness.

rebuild. Kaworu states that it's a cycle and that it's been going on well past the first instance occurring in the same manner each time. thus the planet obviously repairs itself as otherwise second impact would have taken place elsewhere in rebuild.
    But Second Impact did take place prior to Rebuild, otherwise, there'd be no need for the Evangelion units, nor the technology involved in maintaining the world. It is explicitly stated by Kaji in 2.22 that there was a lot of work done off-screen just to make sure that humans could survive post-Second Impact, including oh, artificial food and dealing with the ocean levels (since Second Impact was in fact a global cataclysm, affecting the food chain and animal life in general? Not dissimilar to Notes

obviously. that the way anti X weapons work after all alf. the evas are anti angel units. that's why they aren't as strong as other giant robots
    Sure, patronize me, why don't you? I am very well aware of how Anti-X weapons work, thank you very much.

However, you just said that Angels > TYPES, and that EVA < other Giant Robots, when EVAs are clones of Angels. If your statement were true, then EVAs > Types > Giant Robots, but it's not, so clearly something is wrong here.

I don't remember any side by side comparision of the two be their respective creators alf so it's your OPINION that they're equal not fact.
    No, fact, when you consider how each destroyed a continent when their cores were pierced and went out of control. You know, Second Impact, and then the Black Aristotele incident? I may not have a side by side comparision by Anno and Nasu, but I do have what the two were demonstrably capable of. Since you claim to know the backgrounds of both, you should be able to at least do that, unless you don't trust canonical sources and must wait for Word of God.

clearly you're one of those people unable to separate the planet from human death. sorry but notes kills the planet. eva's end of the world is only for humans. third impact is only a reset for humans and the planet not an end.
    Did you not say end of the world?

Humanity killed the planet in Notes, just as human folly is leading to the planet's death in Second Impact. Third Impact in itself is not necessarily just a reset for humans, depending on which variant happens - but fundamentally it annihilates all life on earth, which I can't see as a good thing.

Blog Entries
    you clearly don't understand the giant robot genre. if you did you wouldn't claim Types>Giant robots. you've missed, ignored or twisted every point i've made. do as you like Alf I'm not about to discuss this train wreck you're planning any further

Blog Entries
    I have an idea for a RP that I think could be pretty interesting.

You will be in a Nasuverse where the fifth Holy Grail War is taking place once again. You will all play as an oc of your own design but the Servant you summon will be someone from the Super Smash Bros games. It could be anyone of the playable characters but they have to fit one of the seven classes in some way.

This is all I have so far, what do you think? I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

Blog Entries
    WAIT!

...Type-JUPITER is not giant robot-class?
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    WAIT!

...Type-JUPITER is not giant robot-class?
    look there's a whole big class issue with giant robots in general. I'm not about to get into it but generally anything classed as super makes the types look like a set of bad bar jokes.

I have an idea for a RP that I think could be pretty interesting.

You will be in a Nasuverse where the fifth Holy Grail War is taking place once again. You will all play as an oc of your own design but the Servant you summon will be someone from the Super Smash Bros games. It could be anyone of the playable characters but they have to fit one of the seven classes in some way.

This is all I have so far, what do you think? I'm open to ideas and suggestions.
    it's crazy enough to be fun i think but it's not my cup of tea

Blog Entries
    look there's a whole big class issue with giant robots in general. I'm not about to get into it but generally anything classed as super makes the types look like a set of bad bar jokes.
    ...What, you mean like Demonbane, or STTGL?

--Those are supposed to be one of the strongests of the genre.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

Blog Entries
    ...What, you mean like Demonbane, or STTGL?
    don't know demonbane. but STTGL isn't a giant robot really. hell GL was skirting the boundaries. when you look at STTGL it's a deus ex Mecha plain and simple.

--Those are supposed to be one of the strongests of the genre.
    uh there are a number of catagories of giant robot erl. real,super,combiner, human powered weapon etcetera so "of the genre" is a basically pointless statement. the zeo megazord could easily wipe out the types for example but other robots could defeat it and lose to the types.

Blog Entries
    Man, what's with all those categories? Is that from SRW?
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    Man, what's with all those categories? Is that from SRW?
    that's not even half of the classifications erl. there's pretenders as well as a few others that i can't remember at the moment and no they aren't from srw as far as i know.

Blog Entries
    Well, no thanks. I'm already satisfied with my uniform 'Giant Robot' genre.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    well whatever. point is those giant robots that step away from the realistic aspects for the most part could beat the types

Blog Entries
    ok well so as to not dead end the thread I did have an idea regarding a crossover role play involve FSN and soul eater if anyone here is a fan of such

Blog Entries
    Bad idea. We already have Angra Mainyu--- adding the Kishin is just plain overkill.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    that isn't much of an objection erl, you're just baselessly speculating without evidence. I was asking if the premise was interesting I haven't elaborated on the role play's contents yet or the conditions of the big bads

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Tohno's Avatar
    Kk, weird idea I had for maybe later on.

We get 16 people to sign up for this. We shuffle them around, and then randomly assign 8 of them Servant classes. The Servant RPers choose whichever canon Servants fit their assigned class (with the exception of Avenger, is only ever one person) and then the remaining 8 Masters choose a character they have used in a seperate RP as their characters, and then they PM a Servant they wish to be paired with. The last people to pair up, obviously, get automatically paired together.

The main idea is kicking ass while running around apocalyptic Europe and Asia on sweetmotorbikes, jets, subway trains. So while meteors shower, doomsdayers preach, people scream in fury, Servants chop up zommiez and each other, with the intention of getting some grail rip-off or copy or something to do whatever.

WHADDYA THINK