Page 274 of 277 FirstFirst ... 174224264269272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 5528

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've put up an OOC. To be honest it's pretty much garbage cause I haven't written one in years, but I'll improve it later after I've slept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “From the ashes of the old, the new is born.”

“Even the supposed Apocalypse wasn’t able to stop us.”

“All my actions have been for the sake of [Humankind]!”

“This is all for the glory of the New World!”

“If necessary, we will reach Heaven through violence!”

"We shall transcend the bonds of the Old World!"

“We shall grasp Heaven with our own hands!”

The world has ended, was what many said as the old civilization crumbled into dust around them.

This is the apocalypse, many thought, and prepared for everything to end.

And yet, the supposed end never came to pass.

Sure, the old world broke apart, the old order fell, as conflicts, natural disasters and economic crises took their toll on humanity. But, humanity transcended ruin, and transcended the so-called apocalypse.

The trials inflicted upon humans only served to usher them into a new age.

So what if the world had been broken hard enough that reality had cracked at the seams and the ‘supernatural’ had filtered through? Humans had survived, and could prosper once again.

So what if the world had been turned into a place of danger, where death lurked at every corner? Did such things matter when humans had the power to ensure their own safety, to construct walls capable of keeping at bay the most unspeakable of horrors?

And so, cities were built over the ruins of the old world. New technology was created, humans started to prosper and reproduce once again, filling their new cities. A new order was created, a new foundation where human civilization could thrive.

The apocalypse never came to pass. Yes, the world was fraught with danger, but humans had mastered a dangerous world before, and they would master it once again.

It was so that, once a new foundation was built, once security was ensured within the walls of their cities, humans turned their sights to one of the new aspects that most defined the new world.

The ‘supernatural’

And that was the birth of Wizardry as a discipline.

Fifty years have passed since civilization was forged anew: year 2100, the turn of the century.

You live in Tau City, in the north of former Canada. You are a relatively recent graduate of Tau University, in the career of Wizardry, an investigator and researcher of the supernatural. You are prestigious, a well-known youth with a promising career ahead, having a certain quantity of arcane power at your disposal.

A certain corporation, renowned and brilliant on the outside, obscure and secretive on the inside, has taken interest in your abilities as a mage and researcher. They have contracted you for a most ambitious project.

To figure out, for once and for all, the rules of magic, the traits that governed this new world, and to research new spells. To peer in the ‘reality beyond our reality’ that many had glimpsed through, to see what lies beyond the confines of our own world and investigate the entities that may be found.

You’re to be a head of research, a leader of exploration teams both in the fallen world beyond the walls, and in the mysterious ‘outside’. The company trusts in your potential and capacity to guide humankind to greater heights.

Welcome to Project Dreamcatch. Morality is optional. Sacrifices are acceptable. Everything is for the sake of the new world.

-

This is my new RP project, to substitute Nightfall. It might be my last or second to last pbp effort in the site, depending on many factors.

The inspiration for this is pretty varied: things like Lobotomy Corporation, Fallen London, Bloodborne, Lovecraft’s writings, etc. The idea behind the RP centers around research, deepening the PCs understanding of the setting, and exploration of the setting itself. I always had a certain inclination for Weird Eldritch Bullshit, and the strange metaphysics I hinted at in previous RPs. While this one takes place on a wholly different setting, it is on the deep end of the pool when it comes to the subject.

The pitch may be subject to modifications, depending on the feedback I get. For now, it is meant to be an interest check within the forum.

Regarding Titanomachy, I’ll be resuming activities soon, don’t worry about that.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

"Weird Eldritch Bullshit" sounds neat, don't usually see the research focus handled well. Would definitely be interested.

That sounds pretty cool! I'm relatively new around here, but I've been looking for something to sink my teeth into and put time towards for a while now. I would be very interested, for whatever that is worth!

My friends wanted to do a Fate TTRPG but wanted to play D&D, so I came up with an "eighth lostbelt" type thing. Despite the fact that I know next to nothing about the FGO Lostbelt story, so I bullshitted most of the pitch. They ended up losing interest the next day to get hyped about rolling for Summer BB.

Here's the pitch. Imagine it with the voice of the introduction guy from Star Wars the Clone Wars (Admiral Yularen):

"Invasion! In the midst of the alien god's assault on humanity, the Reverse Side trembles in horror, fearing they are next! Legendary magus Merlin watches in terror from his tower in Avalon as an eighth Lostbelt, one bereft of Crypters and outside of the Alien God's design, attaches itself to the newly blanked world's texture! Foreseeing this eventuality with his mighty clairvoyance, the magus of flowers put several humans into stasis, using his adeptness at creating heroes to forge them into warriors capable of resolving the Lostbelt over Greece!"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Paradise Lost

It’s the year of 2126 - the beginning of the end. The Core Exploitation Station orbiting the Pluto was transmitting a live feed about a breakthrough made to extract the dwarf planet’s resources when something most unexpected happened. A large scale explosion shook the whole planet, and all communications to the station were severed before any light could be shed to the events. The mysterious incident seemed to be the trigger to a chain reaction, and soon enough, humanity seemed to find itself up against an enemy that threatened to wipe out all life from Earth. Within just a few days, connection to most space stations and notable spacecrafts were lost and humans became blind to anything past the Earth’s atmosphere. The Earth itself would tremble, and mysterious shrieks could be caught on certain frequencies in the dead of the night coming from somewhere deep below. Soon enough, mysterious disappearances and horrifying homicide cases started happening, alongside with reports about mostly unidentifiable creatures roaming the lands at night. As panic and confusion reigned, there was no unified theory to explain the events, but there were some assumptions. Some claimed that this was the start of the Apocalypse, while others said that it was a superior species from outer space invading Earth. Some were also theorizing that it must have been the doing of some terrorist organization, but with the lack of information available, it was impossible to properly justify any of these claims. Whatever it was, it would come to be known as the Purge. It was the dusk of humanity’s Golden Age. Its flourishing cities turned to ruins, and its advanced technology they held so much pride in would soon be a reason for despair and disappointment as it did not prove to be sufficient to avert the crisis.

The most imminent and upfront threat to humanity - the Purge. What little has been unraveled so far suggests that it’s far more complex than just a technologically superior assailant force annihilating humans. Correlation has been found between this force and the surreal increase in the number of homicide and disappearance cases. While it’s uncertain how, it seemed that something affecting people’s minds would drive them into madness. However, discrepancies between the time of exposure and the extreme shift in behaviour suggests that the effect is not immediate, and affected individuals would still blend in for some time before breaking into a homicidal rage.

Another event associated with the Purge was the appearance of large, mostly humanoid creatures veiled completely in darkness. They would appear at night around areas where the previously described indoctrination would occur, and lay destruction to whatever remained. Because of this reason, it was hard to directly tie any human casualties to them, as by the time this happened, most have already evacuated or eradicated each other. There’s little known about their exact nature as closer inspection so far has been impossible, and they do not seem to have any intentions to communicate.

Humanity is desperately looking for answers and their hope is slowly faltering in their search for a final solution. Some refuse to admit, but it’s becoming harder to deny with each passing day --- they are slowly drifting towards extinction.

But who are you in this world filled with despair?

Are you just an ordinary human, perhaps with a not so ordinary talent or knowledge of your own?

Are you associated with one of the secret organizations that, with the undeniable threat, are now on the rise?

Indeed, it’s almost unnerving how many of those existed completely hidden from ordinary eyes, and how most of them are far from just a group of ordinary people.

Espers - a collective term to describe otherwise ordinary humans with various supernatural abilities. Praetors - a small group of an alien race with very little known about them, other than they managed to perfectly infiltrate and blend into human society. Various corporations with futuristic technologies that are beyond human imagination and possibilities. Highly advanced android models, sentient AI, huge armored robots, extraterrestrial materials used for weaponry...it’s all just the tip of the iceberg.

Depending on who you are, these might be your tools in your attempt of getting to the end of this mystery and eluding the tragic fate meant for you and the rest of the world. Will you survive? Or will you perish like many others?

Still...Some claim that death is not just a means to an end. Death is just the beginning, they preach. An outrageous and impossible claim, perhaps simply made up by the deranged minds of the maddened…

A story that’s been formalizing in my mind, but before I dig too deep, I wanted to see if there would be people interested in it in the first place. As it might have become obvious based on the short intro, the story would start out in a rather apocalyptic setting, and if I had to I would describe it as a sci-fi horror mystery, at least in its core.It would obviously incorporate other elements as well, but it would also mean that the tone would be rather grim by default. The death of people, your friends, maybe even you should be expected. Of course, the goal is not to drive players into depression. There would be balancing factors, moments of peace where you can forget about the destruction of the world and spend precious time with your friends, and small mysteries to be unraveled that could provide some light in this utter darkness.

The system used for the game will likely be something I build up on my own. Combat would not be the primary focus, as beating everything into submission would not be the focus of the story, but it will certainly play a part. Don’t expect extremely flashy anime battles with the unbeatable power of friendship and spells fueled by the hopes and dreams of millions of humans. Expect highly advanced weaponry, android, MECHs and other surprises along those lines. The anime part is handled by the espers and aliens with moderation.

That said, the core of a character would be quite standard. Attributes (3 physical, 3 mental) and skills would have predetermined choices that one could pick from. Perks and abilities would feature a large array of predetermined choices, but this is also where custom things created by the player would come into play. And there is a lot to customize, taking all the things mentioned above into consideration.

The system, however, would feature a progression system. Not experience and the likes, and it wouldn’t really be something that can be measured or perfectly planned ahead of time. The progression would happen based on the actions of the character. The places they go to, the people they align themselves with, the actions they perform and the mysteries they work on and solve would pace and provide their character development. Of course, this would mean that not everything is front loaded into the character creation, even though I’m planning on making it so that there are more than enough choices there as well. But some of the stuff would only be achievable with said progression. It would also mean that it’s not necessarily just positive additions a character could acquire, and a lot of these things would be prone to change.

Though, what’s positive and what’s negative is just a question of perspective.While most of what I’ve talked about is just the “good guys”, there’s a lot more to the “villains” as well than just some mysterious aliens laying waste to everything. Some of these would play a big part in the story, and if someone so desired they could easily associate with this side. Everyone has different morals and goals, in the end.

I have a hard time pinpointing what game or show this would feel similar to. The story was born from the depths of my twisted dreams, and I wasn't particularly looking towards anything when coming up with ideas. So, certainly do tell me what the premise reminds you of, if there is anything at all.

Yes
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I like all these ideas. I'm very interested.

@Cheetose These villains remind me of H.P. Lovecraft's Mi-Go, if they took a more proactive stance on annihilating humanity instead of just manipulating them.

More importantly, how can I help get this ready sooner?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

I'm looking for anyone else who might be interested in joining an RP on another Discord channel.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let's hear what you're selling. What kind of game is this?
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

"Greetings, friend."

"Due to the extraordinary circumstances surrounding our Department which have directly led to your presence here today, you may bear some notions about your duties which are presently applicable but generally incorrect. By way of introduction, allow me to briefly dissuade you of them."

"Our Department, and this office in particular, has accrued infamy appropriate to its effectiveness but misrepresentative of, shall we say, the scale of its activities. This reputation is altogether desirable in most aspects of our operation with the sole exception of recruitment."

"The image that the office projects belies the professionalism that it demands. The dedication and loyalty. Regrettably its best-attested duties overshadow the foundations underpinning our endeavours."

"To be sure, for you to stand here means that you possess the qualities that are required of an agent. This does not preclude the initial premise. Therefore, for your elucidation:"

"We are not a punitive force, neither are we a deterrent. This unit is simply the tool with which our Department repairs the cracks in the barrier that cloisters the practice of magecraft itself."

"For the prosperity of the Clock Tower, the Enforcers secure and preserve the mysteries that linger in defiance of the ever-diminishing world. This is your role."

"Overwhelmed? There is no need for that. From the sum of your duties, most are quite procedural. Though necessary, one could even call them tedious. Under normal circumstances you would never have to pursue a Designation on the field in your life. But circumstances are hardly normal, aren't they? You could scour the records of Kalion and you wouldn't find half as many movements for sealing in one session."

"Very well, here's what you were looking forward to. One piece of advice: start from the bottom, and pray you stay there."

".............with all that said."

"My good fellow, you really have no idea what you've signed up for."

NONPAREIL
    The Collected Works of the Spurned and the Condemned

BALDANDERS

NOM

FABRO ROWAN

ORIGINE

WANDERING TOMB

CAUSE

SUBSUMPTIVE EGOMATRIX FACTOR

ESTIME

HIGHEST MERIT

TRISMEGISTUS

NOM

HERMES SILIS ATLASIA

ORIGINE

ATLAS DIRECTORATE

CAUSE

IRREMEDIABLE DERELICTION

ESTIME

RATIFIED BY THE DIRECTOR

DEAD BLUE

NOM

TOUKO AOZAKI

ORIGINE

VALUAY - THULE - SINAI

CAUSE

FALSE TRANSMIGRATION

ESTIME

MAGICIAN'S EGG

LACUNA

NOM

MAREN RONOVE GOECKENJAN

ORIGINE

THE CHOIR

CAUSE

DESERTION OF THE CROWN

ESTIME

VITAL BY ORDER OF THE QUEEN

BABEL

ALIAS

GOD'S WORD

ORIGINE

ATLAS INSTITUTE

CAUSE

LAST TONGUE OF BABEL

ESTIME

SUI GENERIS

ISCARIOT

ALIAS

JUDAS PRIEST

ORIGINE

BURIAL AGENCY

CAUSE

DEFECTION

ESTIME

TERMINATE WITH PREJUDICE

SERENDIPITY

NOM

FLAT ESCARDOS

ORIGINE

EL-MELLOI CLASSROOM

CAUSE

THAUMATURGICAL ARBITRARITY

ESTIME

MAGICIAN'S KEY

PALLADIUM

SOBRIQUET

LADY WINDUP

ORIGINE

CONTINENTAL AGE OF GODS

CAUSE

PSEUDODEIFIED IDOL

ESTIME

URGENT PRESERVATION

TERMINAL

SOBRIQUET

DREG HEAP SAINT

ORIGINE

EINZBERN

CAUSE

RESUMPTION OF THE FACTORY

ESTIME

FRAGMENT OF THE THIRD LAW

RHONGOMYNIAD

NOM

GREY

ORIGINE

EL-MELLOI CLASSROOM

CAUSE

TRADITION CARRIER

ESTIME

ANNEALED PHANTASM

STASIS

ALIAS

JEWEL KILLER

ORIGINE

KISHUR - ESTRAY

CAUSE

USURPATION OF THE SECOND LAW

ESTIME

RESTITUTION & RETRIBUTION

THEOSIS

ALIAS

MERETSEGER

ORIGINE

ATLAS TEMPLE

CAUSE

THEOPHANIC DOMAIN

ESTIME

UNDERWORLD IDEATION

SEVENTH SON

NOM

SJUNNE LEIJONHUFVUD

ORIGINE

ORTENROSIAN ORDER

CAUSE

MILLENNIUM RANK CREST GRAFT

ESTIME

RECLAMATION BY COMMISSION

MORGEN

NOM

CERIDWEN LLEWELLYN

ORIGINE

EULYPHIS - THE OFFICE

CAUSE

PHANTASMAL COVENANT

ESTIME

TENTATIVE LAUDATION

NEMO

SOBRIQUET

THE 15TH SEALING DESIGNATE

ORIGINE

UNKNOWN

CAUSE

AKASHIC PALIMPSEST

ESTIME

NASCENT SYSTEM

SECEDER

NOM

LORD ARCHIBALD CHATTANACH

ORIGINE

BRISHISAN

CAUSE

SEDITION AGAINST THE CROWN

ESTIME

INFILTRATION & REINTEGRATION

DEADCOUNT

ALIAS

SIX-HEARTED REVOLVER

ORIGINE

HEMATOPHAGE

CAUSE

MAGUS CORE RETRIEVAL

ESTIME

BY ADMINISTRATIONAL REQUEST

POLEMOS

SOBRIQUET

RED SHADOW

ORIGINE

DETERRENT

CAUSE

SECULAR DISCLOSURE HAZARD

ESTIME

IMMEDIATE SUPPRESSION

TRIUNE

NOM

HELMIA RUSSELL

ORIGINE

V&V INDUSTRY

CAUSE

SIXTH IMAGINARY ASPECT

ESTIME

AYLESBURY INCIDENT INQUIRY

APOSTATE

NOM

LAVINIA LETIZIA LOIUDICE

ORIGINE

THE INQUISITION

CAUSE

ESPIONAGE & SUBVERSION

ESTIME

EXECUTION OVER EXTRACTION

ATARAXIA

NOM

MARION LAVALLÉE

ORIGINE

THORN

CAUSE

CIRCULATORY QUIESCENCE

ESTIME

GAZAMY REPLICA

FLAMMIFER

NOM

VERENA EIGENMANN

ORIGINE

SPONHEIM ABBEY

CAUSE

MAXWELL'S DEMON HANDLER

ESTIME

MYSTIC CODE HEIST

SPAGYRIC

NOM

NIGEL SAYWARD

ORIGINE

YUMINA

CAUSE

PANPHARMACON

ESTIME

ELECT BY COMMITTEE

MALISON

NOM

SASKIA VON KÖNIGSMARK

ORIGINE

JIGMARIE

CAUSE

MALEDICTORY APPROPRIATION

ESTIME

UTMOST DILIGENCE

RÁN

NOM

EYTHÓRA FRIÐLEIFSDÓTTIR

ORIGINE

THULE SOCIETY

CAUSE

MENDER OF THE SPINDRIFT NET

ESTIME

POLITICALLY MOTIVATED

KETER

NOM

MAREK ŠAFÁRIK

ORIGINE

PRAGUE ASSEMBLY

CAUSE

MAHARAL'S GOLEM

ESTIME

PINNACLE OF THE CRAFT

MARGINALIA

NOM

JACQUELINE MAES

ORIGINE

MILYONECALION

CAUSE

PSEUDEPIGRAPHON

ESTIME

OBSOLETE

COMING IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS

Last edited by Leftovers; October 2nd, 2020 at 02:01 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hi Astrid
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I missed Indomitable
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Sometimes the only way to get a remake is to do it yourself.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd be interested. I like mages.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Sign me up.

YO sign me the fuck up for some Nasuverse RP that ISNT a Grail War.

Blog Entries
    hm.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Colour me interested and by that I mean I am down for this

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Count me in as well!
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!