Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1627

Thread: What TM stuff are you reading/watching/consuming?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Going through HF, and I must say, it is quite enjoyable, and reading it makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Just finished HF True, and man was it a ride. I may not ship the main couple, but damn if HF wasn't a solid experience with so much tension, some glorious highs and many, many lows. The musical direction was on point, and honestly, this route is where Nasu shines as a writer.

Now I just want to know how to get Last Episode after getting all True ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I finished Volume 8 of the Fate/Stay Night manga and with that, I have now read up to where I was the first time I read the books. So in the manga, since Ryuudou Temple got trashed by Berserker, Caster had to leave there, giving Archer and Rin a chance to take them down.

Archer and Rin separated so Rin could get to Kuzuki and Archer could deal with Caster, but Archer didn't count on Caster being able to call Saber to fight for her, and Rin didn't count on Suzuki being so skilled at fighting. So with Caster having Rin's life in her hands, Archer decides to surrender himself to her, in exchange for Rin's safety.
    .But just when Caster decides to kill Rin anyway, Shirou jumps in and they jump off a cliff to escape. Saber being in Caster's control instead of just struggling against it, will make Caster even harder to beat, so I'm interested in seeing how that will affect the story.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I've just finished reading Fire Girl. It's pretty damn good. It brought a whole bunch of plot threads and characters together at the end for a really great conclusion, that's both satisfying, and leaves stuff open for the future. Which is good, because I liked the world and characters so much that I don't want this to be the end.

Man, I wish this was more popular. An anime or manga adaption would be really cool to see.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Now I just want to know how to get Last Episode after getting all True ends.
    Just get all the endings (Bad Ends don't count) and it will appear on the title screen.

What's translated of the Fate\Stay Night manga online is a Frankenstein of a translation with different groups translating different chapters and volumes with different levels of quality. It was fine in the beginning, but it got so much worse. You can't tell me that no one thought to read the text out loud and see if it made sense that way. People don't talk like that, Jesus Christ. It just makes me sad since the physical books were what got me into Fate in the first place.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe Mahoyo came out in 2012.

This honestly feels like a new peak for Visual Novels and sadly the end of Type Moon.

super double post.

Eh, VNs have been dead as a medium since before then to be real.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Depends on if youre talking about making big moneys or making beloved, well received works. If we’re talking the real big moneys then most likely one could say VNs truly died after the 90s Elf-Leaf-Alicesoft era, before type moon even jumped on the medium.

If we’re talking about good output, which I assume we are since Namelesss considers this new mega big money Type-Moon a dead Type-moon, well that’s ultimately opinions but if we’re looking at average critical reception VNs weren’t dead at all when Mahoyo came out. WA2 cc, one of the erogamescape Big Four (the 4 titles to break the 90/100 score, not counting rereleases with only 10 fanboy votes) was just released a year prior in 2011, along with other popular well-received titles such as Grisaia, Kamidori and Eustia. Iconic, highly praised titles like Baldr Sky, Steins Gate, Majikoi, Subahibi, Muramasa and Dies Irae (the complete version that is) were only 2-3 years old in 2012.

I don’t think a medium can be called dead if there is plenty of inspired, passionate creators making use of it, even if the sales are low. That would be invalidating all niche media.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    I think Japanese VN scene reached its peak in this iteration. Perhaps it is just my subjective interpretation but breakthrough works were becoming increasingly rare over the decade.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    I think Japanese VN scene reached its peak in this iteration. Perhaps it is just my subjective interpretation but breakthrough works were becoming increasingly rare over the decade.
    its definitely over the hill, the 00s were the golden era in terms of abundance of high quality works. If you look at top lists you'll see most of them from 00s, especially mid-late 00s. But its not like 2010s is without its big hits though, upon quick scanning egs

-2 out of the Big 4 90 breakers are from 2010s (WA2cc at 94, Rance X at 99)
    -90: Sakura no uta, Fata Morgana, sakura moyu, Utawarerumono3, Nukitashi2, Chaos Child
    -86-90: Eustia, Kara no shoujo 2, summer pockets.
    Then theres a decent pile of 85s and lots of 80-84s and I ran out of patience lol because fuck egs and its retarded system of treating random ports as their own games.

For a measuring stick, Nasu’s generally considered good stuff: FSN=90, Tsuki&Mahoyo&HA=85, CCC=82

well, take this all with a pinch of salt, egs doesnt see as much traffic as it used to because you know, VNs falling out of style and all, games dont even get 1k votes on the site anymore when the most popular titles of 00s could have up to 5k votes.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Started reading Mahoyo up to Aoko and the mountain boy's first encounter and so far it's been a snoozefest for the most part. When does it get interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Started reading Mahoyo up to Aoko and the mountain boy's first encounter and so far it's been a snoozefest for the most part. When does it get interesting?
    Mahoutsukai no Yoru is a different beast from Tsukihime or Fate. It's mostly slice of life with some supernatural stuff mixed in. You'll find a little action scene in one of the first extra chapters, but after that you have to wait until halfway in the story.

Also, Aoko and Soujuurou first meeting is very early in the story, "Rin meets Mitsuzuri in the first morning of the prologue" level of early.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    just finishing KnK novels. And man, it really is better than the movies.
    Now, I don't want to be that "the manga/novel was better" guy. I mean, the movies were GLORIOUS and basically what made me dive so deep into the nasuverse.... But the novels simply have so much more depth.
    I feel like the movies are lacking a few things that sometimes made it difficult to get the whole picture. I had many questions even after watching the movies twice, but now after reading the novels I feel completely satisfied.
    The characters monologues for example, are something very cool that the movies kinda removed. Also the novels explain a lot more about each character.
    And Touko is even more awesome.
    After I tie some loose ends I might read DDD... or at least catch up with case files. I also want to re-read F/SN VN, but not sure about that.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I finally finished Kagetsu Tohya. While I liked Len's story, I found the SoL parts to be a greatly inferior prototype of FHA which is nothing unexpected because it's pretty much a F/HA prototype anyway. The SoL scenes were kinda short, too few and I particularly thought there were too few interactions between different characters.
    Also, that translation was terrible compared to the Tsukihime translation.
    Now, next is Melty Blood.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Alright, finished Melty Blood Story Mode.... God, I am bad at fighting games but things went worse than expected. Now I hate Kohaku, she gave me more trouble than G-Akiha. I don't want to hear her giggling or saying DASHU anymore.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Now you get to play ReAct Arcade, Act Cadenza Arcade, and Actress Again arcade with every character.

- - - Updated - - -

The lore, it's in there.

Going through FSN vn for the first time and Shirou's monologues make me like him a lot more. He looks more knowledgeable about magecraft and such... Not A LOT lot, but at least he isn't that much clueless, aside form the Grail War stuff of course.
    he still do some dumb decisions tho.
    Welp, reading UBW at the moment, gonna keeping going.

ok ubw ending destroyed me
    Last edited by humble; September 8th, 2020 at 05:34 PM. Reason: update

Just finished the 7 KnK movies. Loved it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's been a day of interesting discoveries. First I discovered I had 3700 yen lost in my PS Vita wallet since 2017. Immediately after it, I discovered /Hollow was 3500 yen. Feels good to give this a second try 7 years after the first run cut short by the death of my old computer. Hopefully my Vita won't die halfway through it.