Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2424750515253545762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1627

Thread: What TM stuff are you reading/watching/consuming?

A third of the way through Hollow Ataraxia. It's been a fun ride all things consdered.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarly Alter View Post
    I wanted to see more of Waver, Reines and Gray so i started reading the Case Files manga
    How far has that gotten?

I read the patched half of Mahoyo recently. While overall enjoyable, I didn't find it very captivating. A lot of the content felt like TM deja vu but at a x0.25 playback rate. Maybe the more saucy stuff happens in the later half, still waiting for Touko to actually appear.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Over the last few months I have been consuming a lotta stuff in the advent of the Tsukihime Remake release.

These include:
    - Kagetsu Tohya
    - Melty Blood (Re-ACT, Act Cadenza, and Actress Again Current Code)
    - Fate/hollow ataraxia
    - Prisma Illya (catching up)
    - Fate/strange fake manga
    - Case Files anime
    - Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan
    - Tsuki no Sango manga
    - All around TYPE-MOON
    - Take-Moon
    - Canaan (does this count?)
    - Notes

Overall I must say I quite enjoyed myself during this time, and especially the the VNs (KT and FHA) I felt like I went back in time to 2013/2014 when I was reading Tsuki and FSN.
    There were some infuriating moments, a couple entries I didn't particularly enjoy, but I feel I should've done something like this a loooong time ago, especially the KT, Melty and FHA stuff since they actually do have an impact on the general setting borrowed from for spinoffs on Fate and Tsuki.

Still waiting for that Mahoyo translation.

Overall though, I feel reinvigorated and reinvested in this... thing (not really a universe as it is just a collection of stuff). All the more so thanks to the remake being right around the corner. Let's see how long this lasts.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Most recently I read Notes. I am attempting to read FSN UE, but the prologue caused my computer to bluescreen and I had to restore a previous backup of windows so I'm still trying to fix the installation.

As far as what I've already consumed:

Most (or all) of the core TM anime (incl. Shingetsutan & all Deen anime)
    Carnival Phantasm
    All Around Type-Moon
    Most of Arc's route
    KnK movies and books (the books add a lot of context if I remember correctly)
    A few chapters of Take Moon
    A little bit of Kagetsu Tohya, before I decided to read the original first
    MBAACC
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Watching Ufo UBW again because the entire official OST was finally released on YouTube, and when it comes to my house, I'm watching Spring Song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    So due to the current situation of the remake being released (and also due to it generally it being in my backlog for a while now) I have started reading Tsukihime. This is going to be my first VN ever and I'm actually pretty excited. I have read the manga a couple of years ago, but I don't remember a lot of stuff from it. Might read it again somewhere in the future, but this comes first.

I didn't get far (only played it for some 90 minutes or so before having to go to sleep), but as far as first impressions go, I like it. While you can obviously see the B U D G E T they were working with, as well as Takeuchi's early artstyle and less than stellar understanding of human anatomy, stuff like some of the background CGs being real life photos gives it a certain charm. The music not looping properly is also very funny to me (which I realise is probably gonna change soon, but hey, gotta enjoy it while it lasts). I also really liked the opening with Aoko. It's really impactful and gives her SO much character, even though it only lasts like 3 minutes.

With that being said, I intend to keep y'all updated as I finish each of the routes. If anyone by chance gives a shit about my opinions as a newcomer to this sort of thing, feel free to ask me what I thought about this or that specifically.

Also one last thing to add, I stopped after Shiki's first encounter with Nero and (keep in mind I only ever saw his Melty Blood portraits where he looks buff af) HOLY SHIT he looks like a struggling crack addict here. I was honestly pretty shocked.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    So due to the current situation of the remake being released (and also due to it generally it being in my backlog for a while now) I have started reading Tsukihime. This is going to be my first VN ever and I'm actually pretty excited. I have read the manga a couple of years ago, but I don't remember a lot of stuff from it. Might read it again somewhere in the future, but this comes first.

I didn't get far (only played it for some 90 minutes or so before having to go to sleep), but as far as first impressions go, I like it. While you can obviously see the B U D G E T they were working with, as well as Takeuchi's early artstyle and less than stellar understanding of human anatomy, stuff like some of the background CGs being real life photos gives it a certain charm. The music not looping properly is also very funny to me (which I realise is probably gonna change soon, but hey, gotta enjoy it while it lasts). I also really liked the opening with Aoko. It's really impactful and gives her SO much character, even though it only lasts like 3 minutes.

With that being said, I intend to keep y'all updated as I finish each of the routes. If anyone by chance gives a shit about my opinions as a newcomer to this sort of thing, feel free to ask me what I thought about this or that specifically.

Also one last thing to add, I stopped after Shiki's first encounter with Nero and (keep in mind I only ever saw his Melty Blood portraits where he looks buff af) HOLY SHIT he looks like a struggling crack addict here. I was honestly pretty shocked.
    Would be cool for you to comment on the endings! Both the bad ones and the genuine ones

My first impression of Nero was "friendly neighbourhood elderly exhibitionist" so not far off hahaha
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Would be cool for you to comment on the endings! Both the bad ones and the genuine ones

My first impression of Nero was "friendly neighbourhood elderly exhibitionist" so not far off hahaha
    Will do!

Also fuck me I somehow didn't even notice...
    So this is what everyone means when they mention Takeuchi's giraffe necks...

Spoiler:

It gets more
    dear fucking God
    beautiful
    every time I look at it.
    Last edited by ResidentSeagull; September 1st, 2021 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    I definetly don't disagree on Takeuchi's necks, but it comes to a standstill between big hand yaoi and proper anatomy to the point where it feels charming, even if a little disturbing. Do wish he stopped drawing everyone like a popsicle stick though.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Christ.
    After noticing Nero's girrafe neck I can now see it on everyone else too.

FFUUUUUU-

Nrvnqsr at least has the excuse of being a amorphous blob from the neck down.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    finally started carnival phantasm, the tm stuff with the deepest lore

oh, the ending song is very good
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Masaaki "ALWAYS FULL VOICE" Endoh, may he live long and prosper.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Oh my God I didn't know that was him (I watched CP before my mecha days)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Fellows is a damn good song, and for no reason at all it just leaves me emotional.

So I just finished the Near Side routes and got all 4 endings.
    Overall I really liked it, but detailed thoughts are here.

Here due to post length

Arcueid:Really liked it. I alway really liked Arc's design and her overall lore/backstory the most out of all the Tsuki girls, and I feel that the VN made me appreciate her even more. Really felt like a dynamic and interesting character, with you getting to see all the different sides of her and all that, with her chemistry with Shiki being really fun. The core theme of her routes being Shiki teaching her value of doing uselless, everyday things and her tragedy of not being able to achieve even something like that was very well done imo. The feeling of Shiki's guilt over her state caused by his actions also makes their eventual bonding and romance feel pretty realistic and wholesome to read through. True End really tugs at the heart strings. While it is really sad, I do think it is thematically very appropriate and get why it's the only ending in Remake. Good End feels kind of like a copout in comparison. Not that it's bad per se, but as I said I feel like True End fits much better as an end. Only gripe I have is that I find the confrontation with Roa to be a bit anticlimactic, leaving the route feeling a little barebones for my personal liking, but that's sort of understandable since he gets a lot more stuff in the other routes, so it isn't too big of a problem for me in the grand scheme of things.

Ciel:ngl this one really dragged on at points for me, mostly owing to the fact that a lot of the exposition scenes have only minor changes, which means that even if you have the 'Skip previously read parts' option on, I still had to reread a lot of the mostly same parts. This is mostly a personal nitpick, though. Ciel was never that interesting to me from what I'd previously seen of her. Her design/personality just never really clicked with me, I guess. That's why I was kind of concerned when a lot of the interactions between her and Shiki before her reveal also just didn't grab me. Don't get me wrong, there were some fun exchanges, but for the most part it was kinda meh for me.
    Thankfully though, it immensely picked up from the confrontation with Roa onwards. Stuff like Ciel begging Shiki to hate her for having to kill him was quite emotionally resonant. Scenes like that are why I'd even say I liked this route more than Arc's in certain parts. Good End...I mean, this is just a meme ending. Even Shiki's like 'What the fuck kind of ending is this?' in the Ms Ciel segment for it. I'm honestly just kind of indiferrent to it, although I liked the banter in the epilogue. The True End, on the other hand, is pretty sweet and wholesome. The part with kid Nanaya saying goodbye to Shiki is really bittersweet, but the fact that Shiki himself survives in the end is pretty nice.

Sex scenes:Honestly hoped they would be funnier all things considered, so I'm a bit disappointed on that front. I don't really know what I can say that hasn't already been said. They aren't all that hot, and they're just kind of weird, but I do acknowledge that they do have some worth due to the character development, especially in Arc's case. Biggest gripe I have is that they're just too long, honestly, the Len-induced dreams being particularly bad. Like Jesus I was just bored more than anything else. Made the pacing feel much worse than it actually was.

Old character designs:To preface, and feel free to lynch me for this, I don't really have a problem with the remake's redesigns all that much, but that's probably because I simply don't have the 10+ year connection to the old designs like some people have.
    Old Arc is ok, but in a lot of her portraits her hair just looks weird. I just don't get how her hair intakes are supposed to work, honestly. Sometimes it looks like someone just...folded over a part of her hair.
    Ciel's old hairstyle always reminds me of the 80' for some fucking reason that I myself can't properly explain even if you pointed a gun at my head. It just looks odd to me. I feel as though Mophead Ciel works better for her innocent Senpai persona, but I do agree that it looks kind of unfitting when she's in Executor mode.
    I do recognise in both instances that they're more unique then the remake designs, but Modern Takeuchi is Modern Takeuchi and I don't plan on spending any energy on that issue.

Bad Ends:Honestly don't have a lot of opinions on them. Shark one is kind of disappointing since I'd hoped that there would be a derpy looking illustration of said shark.
    The one where Shiki and Ciel stab and kill each other is pretty sad. I also got the one where Roa kills you if you're locked out of the mansion because you didn't tell Hisui. That one was ok.
    Also the one where Roa kills you in the tea ceremony room in Ciel's route. That one was kinda similar to the one where Kohaku comes to pick you up at school, but Roa kills you.

All in all, I enjoyed it and I'm going forward towards the Far Side routes after I write this.
    I was honestly surprised with how much I liked Akiha and Hisui. The latter manages to be pretty expressive despite her overall demeanor, and hearing that her route is supposedly the best one makes me pretty excited for it, but I'm honestly just really interested in Far Side in general.

P.S.: I've never heard breasts being described as 'luscious mounds', so thank you for that colourful image Nasu.

reading atm, raw: the remake, KnK Manga, Hibichika
    feel more comfortable waiting for a TL/not in a hurry to read: Strange Fake and Case Files. Catched up with both translations. Was really digging Case Files, sadly real life bussiness is always first.

Someday I will resume Mahoyo.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    So I just finished the Near Side routes and got all 4 endings.
    Overall I really liked it, but detailed thoughts are here.

Here due to post length

Arcueid:Really liked it. I alway really liked Arc's design and her overall lore/backstory the most out of all the Tsuki girls, and I feel that the VN made me appreciate her even more. Really felt like a dynamic and interesting character, with you getting to see all the different sides of her and all that, with her chemistry with Shiki being really fun. The core theme of her routes being Shiki teaching her value of doing uselless, everyday things and her tragedy of not being able to achieve even something like that was very well done imo. The feeling of Shiki's guilt over her state caused by his actions also makes their eventual bonding and romance feel pretty realistic and wholesome to read through. True End really tugs at the heart strings. While it is really sad, I do think it is thematically very appropriate and get why it's the only ending in Remake. Good End feels kind of like a copout in comparison. Not that it's bad per se, but as I said I feel like True End fits much better as an end. Only gripe I have is that I find the confrontation with Roa to be a bit anticlimactic, leaving the route feeling a little barebones for my personal liking, but that's sort of understandable since he gets a lot more stuff in the other routes, so it isn't too big of a problem for me in the grand scheme of things.

Ciel:ngl this one really dragged on at points for me, mostly owing to the fact that a lot of the exposition scenes have only minor changes, which means that even if you have the 'Skip previously read parts' option on, I still had to reread a lot of the mostly same parts. This is mostly a personal nitpick, though. Ciel was never that interesting to me from what I'd previously seen of her. Her design/personality just never really clicked with me, I guess. That's why I was kind of concerned when a lot of the interactions between her and Shiki before her reveal also just didn't grab me. Don't get me wrong, there were some fun exchanges, but for the most part it was kinda meh for me.
    Thankfully though, it immensely picked up from the confrontation with Roa onwards. Stuff like Ciel begging Shiki to hate her for having to kill him was quite emotionally resonant. Scenes like that are why I'd even say I liked this route more than Arc's in certain parts. Good End...I mean, this is just a meme ending. Even Shiki's like 'What the fuck kind of ending is this?' in the Ms Ciel segment for it. I'm honestly just kind of indiferrent to it, although I liked the banter in the epilogue. The True End, on the other hand, is pretty sweet and wholesome. The part with kid Nanaya saying goodbye to Shiki is really bittersweet, but the fact that Shiki himself survives in the end is pretty nice.

Sex scenes:Honestly hoped they would be funnier all things considered, so I'm a bit disappointed on that front. I don't really know what I can say that hasn't already been said. They aren't all that hot, and they're just kind of weird, but I do acknowledge that they do have some worth due to the character development, especially in Arc's case. Biggest gripe I have is that they're just too long, honestly, the Len-induced dreams being particularly bad. Like Jesus I was just bored more than anything else. Made the pacing feel much worse than it actually was.

Old character designs:To preface, and feel free to lynch me for this, I don't really have a problem with the remake's redesigns all that much, but that's probably because I simply don't have the 10+ year connection to the old designs like some people have.
    Old Arc is ok, but in a lot of her portraits her hair just looks weird. I just don't get how her hair intakes are supposed to work, honestly. Sometimes it looks like someone just...folded over a part of her hair.
    Ciel's old hairstyle always reminds me of the 80' for some fucking reason that I myself can't properly explain even if you pointed a gun at my head. It just looks odd to me. I feel as though Mophead Ciel works better for her innocent Senpai persona, but I do agree that it looks kind of unfitting when she's in Executor mode.
    I do recognise in both instances that they're more unique then the remake designs, but Modern Takeuchi is Modern Takeuchi and I don't plan on spending any energy on that issue.

Bad Ends:Honestly don't have a lot of opinions on them. Shark one is kind of disappointing since I'd hoped that there would be a derpy looking illustration of said shark.
    The one where Shiki and Ciel stab and kill each other is pretty sad. I also got the one where Roa kills you if you're locked out of the mansion because you didn't tell Hisui. That one was ok.
    Also the one where Roa kills you in the tea ceremony room in Ciel's route. That one was kinda similar to the one where Kohaku comes to pick you up at school, but Roa kills you.

All in all, I enjoyed it and I'm going forward towards the Far Side routes after I write this.
    I was honestly surprised with how much I liked Akiha and Hisui. The latter manages to be pretty expressive despite her overall demeanor, and hearing that her route is supposedly the best one makes me pretty excited for it, but I'm honestly just really interested in Far Side in general.

P.S.: I've never heard breasts being described as 'luscious mounds', so thank you for that colourful image Nasu.
    Spoiler:
    Wholly agree with your take on Arc's route.
    You're definitely not alone in those complaints on Ciel's route. It's always been a point of contention that the Near Side routes are too similar. Glad to know you still liked it though, and found value in its ending stretch. I do disagree with your thoughts on the interactions between Shiki and Ciel prior to her reveal though, this is basically the only time we get to see Shiki acting like a normal highschooler with a crush on someone and that light-hearted element was always endearing to me. I'm sure you'll be glad to know the remake addresses most of your complaints, so keep an eye out for translations in the future.

I don't mind the redesigns for the remale myself. It's just that unique elements of them didn't make a return. Arcueid's hair still has some of its old perks in certain sprites and scenes, Ciel's though just felt a bit weird at first without at least parting the bangs. But I like both the old and the new. And both redesigns do a good job of portraying the new version of the characters.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Just reread Angel Notes. The first time I was interested by the world and the core concept but didn't feel much towards it due to its briefness, but it slowly grew on me over time, and now I enjoyed the story much more. Must be because I developed more appreciation for short stories in general, but still, Nasu's poetic sense is definitely close to my tastes.