Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4444952535455565964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1668

Thread: What TM stuff are you reading/watching/consuming?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    TBH, it's hard to get the same payoff from the latter Singularities, especially Babylonia and Solomon, if you're not actually playing the game. Since I assume you didn't actually stop to watch all the Event stories that intervened or watch some of the more "plot-directed" battles like the Gifted Knights in Camelot, Eresh's Gauntlet, Endless Clone Ushiwaka or the Peaceful Lahmu, you're actually missing important context beyond the time investment in grinding and rolling for waifus. You're still getting the story, but only like 80% of it.
    This I was afraid of. You never know what content got left out in these LPs.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Part 1 is still very much a self-insert power fantasy.
    There were maybe 2 or 3 moments where the MC actually does something of significance, but there isn't really much in the way of their personality so far.
    MC-deepthroating is definitely one of the chips on my shoulder so far, but it did die down as the arcs went on, except Solomon when it came back full force for a bit.

The character is something I expect to be vastly improved in the coming arcs.
    MC is easily the worst part and that doesn't change. Improvement is minimal overall so you gotta hold that. As a total product it's hard to give it a pass(I kind of regret 'playing') but there are some interesting concepts and decent segments sprinkled through for sure. Update when you pick it back up since it's interesting to see the opinion of someone whose kind of blasting through it all relatively quickly and back to back.

Except the copy of Atalanta in the Throne of Heroes should not be able to gain memories so how does she remember that?
    They don't have memories, but they can have the information. In a "oh, so this is the guy that one copy of me has met" kind of way.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    There are memories done by their version somewhere in a different timeline that leave Heroic Spirit so much impression that it's engraved on their Saint Graph(A foundation that make up that Heroic Spirit's base in ToH), it affects every version that is summoned from that point onward.

One example would be a certain Caster, who is so horrified of what he's done to his Master in certain timeline to achieve his dream, he vows to atone for it from then on should he ever be summoned again.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    TBH, it's hard to get the same payoff from the latter Singularities, especially Babylonia and Solomon, if you're not actually playing the game. Since I assume you didn't actually stop to watch all the Event stories that intervened or watch some of the more "plot-directed" battles like the Gifted Knights in Camelot, Eresh's Gauntlet, Endless Clone Ushiwaka or the Peaceful Lahmu, you're actually missing important context beyond the time investment in grinding and rolling for waifus. You're still getting the story, but only like 80% of it.
    Regarding Events I watched the Edmond Dantes one, so I was expecting him to show up. But I didn't watch the others. I thought half of those Servants had only come out after Solomon, I really underestimated the sheer amount of stuff they crammed in early on. That section was also a bit of a laugh cuz Roman failed to do basic math not to predict there was an 8th site.

Regarding plot battles, I reckoned something of the sort. Was actually one of my worries going into this. But yea... I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    *Shakes fist at sky*

Damn you Nasu for gameplay and story intergration!
    Can't really hold that against this game. Gotta be fair, contention on my end aside, gameplay story integration is a good thing.
    Inconvenient for elitists like me who refuse to play the game for reasons? Yes. But it improves the game as a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    MC is easily the worst part and that doesn't change. Improvement is minimal overall so you gotta hold that. As a total product it's hard to give it a pass(I kind of regret 'playing') but there are some interesting concepts and decent segments sprinkled through for sure. Update when you pick it back up since it's interesting to see the opinion of someone whose kind of blasting through it all relatively quickly and back to back.
    I'll keep that in mind then. I should update when I'm done with Part 1.5.
    Then God knows how long it'll be to blitz through the Lostbelts.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    They don't have memories, but they can have the information. In a "oh, so this is the guy that one copy of me has met" kind of way.
    Not really the impression I got but I can roll with that.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    There are memories done by their version somewhere in a different timeline that leave Heroic Spirit so much impression that it's engraved on their Saint Graph(A foundation that make up that Heroic Spirit's base in ToH), it affects every version that is summoned from that point onward.

One example would be a certain Caster, who is so horrified of what he's done to his Master in certain timeline to achieve his dream, he vows to atone for it from then on should he ever be summoned again.
    Am I correct in assuming I'll get to see this Caster? If so then good.
    burn your dread you coward

US Friend Code
    Am I correct in assuming I'll get to see this Caster? If so then good.
    Kinda spoilery, but he shows up early in Lostbelt. And he's from an already existing Fate franchise, so you might need to have some knowledge of it to understand the context.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

Epikku obu Remunanto - Anarishisu

Okay... done with my second leg of my FGO journey. I did more than just read the story arcs in EoR, I also watched all of the animated stuff (except Lostroom).

I'm actually gonna start with the anime stuff, just cuz.
    First Order - Pleasantly surprised me, nothing amazing but I do prefer it over the game's actual Prologue.
    Camelot 1 - Pretty disappointed, Arash scene cool tho.
    Camelot 2 - Footage-not-found (those 15 mins looked cool, but they skipped the Atlas Institute and that sucks)
    Initium Iter - My favorite of the animated material so far, cool to see Mash and especially Roman given some focus.
    Babylonia - Fun anime, CGI for Gorgon kinda dodgy tho, improved with Tiamat.
    Solomon - Looking forward to it just off of that shot of Fujimaru screaming for Goetia (MC's VA is doing a masterful job).

Now moving onto EoR stuff proper, I read Shinjuku, SE.RA.PH, Agartha, Shimousa (along with Musashi's trial quest) and Salem. Hereare my brief thoughts on each:
    Shinjuku - Quite meh imo. Cool CG of Artoria on her bike. Must say, at the risk of becoming Public Enemy #1 tho, Jeanne Alter didn't really resonate with me.
    SE.RA.PH - BB savagery massively entertaining. Hot nun saved the ending with a Nasu plot twist. Plus Melt's final attack was quite satisfying to conclude her character.
    Agartha - My expectations were low but Holy Fuck.
    Shimousa - My brain: No, you can't just get hype cuz EMIYA | Me: HAHA TSUMUKARI MURAMASA GO SWOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHH!!!!!!
    Salem - I was quite intrigued and the tension was built up nicely, however the central character was pretty meh to me. Really cool theme song tho.

I know that, except SE.RA.PH (which wasn't even initially part of the Main Quest), these arcs were written by other TM writers completely free of Nasu's supervision. Though I don't know everyone's names or tells by heart, I did notice some of the "feel" from the first 5 Singularities prop up in these arcs. With the exception of Agartha, I can say there was some definite improvement. You could tell the author was a lot more confident in their writing this time around. Usually that's a good thing but yea... not with Agartha... I mean... damn...
    My favorite is a toss-up between SE.RA.PH and Shimousa. I think SE.RA.PH is more consistent, but Shimousa has the highest highs, specifically with the Musashi vs Koujirou duel and Muramasa slicing the castle in half. The latter was a really fucking hype moment, the first time I actually moved with excitement while reading this. Maybe a cheap shot with that rendition of EMIYA blasting in the background but it happened.

Still not sure if I'm gonna take a break here and go for SMT V for a bit, or if I'll dive head first into the Lostbelts, and let SMT wait for a (looooong) bit. I'm quite curious to see what's going on with them since I've heard really good things about them. I'm still mostly lukewarm on the whole thing so far, but I am willing to give the story its fair chance. So I am quite looking forward to the LBs.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mentions Saber and Jeanne Alter but not Moriarty smh

Blog Entries
    I'd put SMTV over gacha story.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Though I don't know everyone's names or tells by heart
    For reference for the Lostbelts:
    - Shinjuku guy: LB1 and Atlantis
    - SE.RA.PH guy (Nasu): LB6
    - Agartha guy: Oo'oku and LB4
    - Shimousa lady: LB2 and Olympus
    - Salem guy: LB7 by rule of elimination, but there's also a real chance he just won't participate in the Lostbelt arc at all

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Kinda spoilery, but he shows up early in Lostbelt. And he's from an already existing Fate franchise, so you might need to have some knowledge of it to understand the context.
    Avicebron, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    - Salem guy: LB7 by rule of elimination, but there's also a real chance he just won't participate in the Lostbelt arc at all
    Much appreciated. I saw 4 names in the Lostbelt trailer tho, assuming no one got fired LB7 should be handled by... *checks notes* Meteo... right?

Shinjuku is 100% a "come for Jalter, stay for Moriarty" story.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I wishfully hope that Kinoko himself handles LB7 because of how it's supposed to resolve the Lostbelt plotline, unless that will be handled in a separate chapter like Time Temple was. In which case, there's no need for him to do so.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

We know part 2 second half is supposed to have the same amount of chapters as first half, which should be 7 give or take.
    So for first half it'd be lb1, lb2, lb3, ooku, lb4, lb5.1, lb5.2
    Then for second half you'd have scramble, heian, lb6, lb6.5, lb7, "lb7.5" + finale, OR it might be another mysterious 8th chapter and THEN finale because it ties into both parts so who knows how they count, but point is I'm doubting they'll wrap anything up in LB7, but you'll probably still have a ton of nasu writing in that chapter due to daybit, ORT, and the alien god all being there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I expect at least one more arc after LB7, or LB7.5 or whatever.
    One big bombastic Ultimate Battle of Ultimate Destiny style showdown where Nasu can just write all of the over-the-top OP bullshit out of his system.
    Probably gonna be longer then the entirety of FSN put together too.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm really surprised Nasu isn't just straight up writing everything after LB6 ala Camelot>Babilonya>Time Temple, but I guess he realized he'd never finish TsukiRe in a reasonable amount of time if he took up even more FGO stuff to write.

- - - Updated - - -

Also is Immaginary Scramble really a main event like Ooku and Heyan? That's exciting

US Friend Code
    Avicebron, right?
    Bingo.

I expect at least one more arc after LB7, or LB7.5 or whatever.
    One big bombastic Ultimate Battle of Ultimate Destiny style showdown where Nasu can just write all of the over-the-top OP bullshit out of his system.
    Probably gonna be longer then the entirety of FSN put together too.
    He has said that he's done after part 2, so assuming he keeps his word about that, a part 3 would likely just be all the other writers on their own, which may or may not end up as an entire arc of EoR chapters the length of lostbelts.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Also is Immaginary Scramble really a main event like Ooku and Heyan? That's exciting
    It's a main chapter in the sense that it explicitly takes place between two other main chapters (4 and 5), but right now there are only vague implications that it might have more of an impact on things later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    They advertised it as a main story event but my understanding is it wasn't super relevant (at least from what we can tell so far) beyond more of the Foreigner sideplot continuing from Salem and Hokusai's trial quest.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    He has said that he's done after part 2, so assuming he keeps his word about that, a part 3 would likely just be all the other writers on their own, which may or may not end up as an entire arc of EoR chapters the length of lostbelts.
    I guess "arc" was the wrong word to choose. I meant more one giant chapter to cap off the Lostbelt storyline. Much like Solomon was for Part 1. Whether it's called the "Final Lostbelt" or something else entirely.

As for a Part 3 I don't think it'll happen but ya never know. I think you have a lot more reason to look forward to future FGO content than... well... anything else.